PDA

View Full Version : `The Supreme Court Really Might Destroy Obamacare This Time`

LongTermGuy
11-13-2014, 07:14 PM
http://cdn-media.nationaljournal.com/?controllerName=image&action=get&id=40216&format=nj2013_8_columns
November 7, 2014 `The Supreme Court is taking up another Obamacare case—one that could devastate the health care law's coverage expansion.
The justices on Friday agreed to hear oral arguments in King v. Burwell, a lawsuit that challenges the insurance subsidies at the heart of the Affordable Care Act. The suit argues that the subsidies—which roughly 80 percent of Obamacare enrollees received—should only be available in a handful of states.`

If the challenge succeeds, the consequences (http://www.nationaljournal.com/health-care/forget-em-hobby-lobby-em-this-case-could-wreck-obamacare-20140707) for Obamacare would be dramatic: Costs would skyrocket for millions of consumers, likely causing many of them to drop their coverage. The law's central goal—expanding health insurance to low-income Americans—would be severely set back, and at least some of the law's new insurance markets could become unsustainable..... more:

http://www.nationaljournal.com/health-care/the-supreme-court-really-might-destroy-obamacare-this-time-20141107

`Right now I'm placing my bet on Obamacare failing the next SC challenge. Not for any reasons of consistency...... but because the unsustainable nature of the thing has become obvious to even `its architects`. At this point, the SC will not want to be held accountable for the continuing train wreck and will be far more willing to undo some key provision based on whatever technicality they need.......Last time.....Obamacare was still theoretical.... it was going to turn us into the Star Trek society and how could the court get in the way of that? Not anymore.... it's becoming more of a synonym for `failure` every day.

*Even the leftists would rather see it go down because some section was "poorly written" than to actually watch the exponential price increases simply crush all hope over the next several years and watch it get repealed with universal public support. They will argue that "single payer"....will fix everything next time.... but they instinctively know that Obamacare is not helping them in the `credibility` department......`

Black Diamond
11-13-2014, 07:31 PM
I feel like every time it looks like this guy is gonna lose....

i dont wanna get my hopes up

LongTermGuy
11-13-2014, 07:56 PM
I feel like every time it looks like this guy is gonna lose....

i dont wanna get my hopes up

`Understand and agree....but there are some good possibilities ....

`Maybe the new elected Americans can defund the King Rats....every-move...

aboutime
11-13-2014, 08:33 PM
There is only ONE WAY to stop everything Obama, and the Democrats are doing, and have done.

It can't happen until January when the Republican majority finally takes it place in the Senate.

And, that ONE WAY is....STOPPING THE FUNDING required by Obama, and the Dem's.

The Lame Duck session will, in all likelihood...be a terrible success for the Dems and Obama until they become the minority.

Then...we have to wait two years to get Obama out of office.

There will probably NEVER be any attempts to IMPEACH Obama since the Republicans simply haven't got the Juice to make it work.

grannyhawkins
11-16-2014, 07:28 PM
How ironic is it, that the affordable healthcare act, has to have subsidies to be affordable??? That in itself proves it's a failure and unaffordable!!!