PDA

View Full Version : CNN posts a warning before playing national anthem

BoogyMan
11-14-2014, 07:56 PM
CNN, which bills itself as “The Most Trusted Name in News,” sure knows how to put a weird damper on a perfectly heartwarming, patriotic and downright tearjerker story during the week of Veterans Day.
... (http://dailycaller.com/2014/11/14/cnn-warns-america-you-are-about-to-hear-the-national-anthem/)

This is disgusting...

aboutime
11-14-2014, 08:45 PM
What else could any of us expect from the DYING CLINTON NEWS NETWORK,

preparing for the Hillary Campaign for the Perpetually Stupid???

Jeff
11-15-2014, 06:26 AM
Exactly why I wont watch this liberal news station.

fj1200
11-15-2014, 03:54 PM
So nobody buys the official line?

The warning was the result of a mistake by an employee, a CNN spokesman told The Daily Caller. It stemmed from the employee’s unfortunate interpretation of a company policy which, respectfully, only allows “The Star-Spangled Banner” to be played in its glorious entirety.
Thus, the warning wasn’t about the substance of the national anthem. It was about the fact that the video contained only part of the song.

jimnyc
11-15-2014, 04:03 PM
So nobody buys the official line?

Oh, well now it makes more sense. They just didn't want people to be horrified at perhaps missing the beginning of the song, or the end. Did they think maybe they needed a disclosure, as maybe Americans wouldn't have realized if they didn't make a note of it? Idiots.

I'm glad you posted that as I closed the article before getting to that part. Do they really expect people to believe that? That's one of the worst excuses I ever heard of. It doesn't make sense to put any type of notation at all. I might believe it was a one man job, but I don't believe it was solely a polite notification to Americans. When they show a movie trailer, I wonder if they put up a warning to let viewers know it's only an excerpt of a movie?

DLT
11-15-2014, 05:49 PM
What else could any of us expect from the DYING CLINTON NEWS NETWORK,

preparing for the Hillary Campaign for the Perpetually Stupid???

And the Democratic Campaign for the Perpetually Anti-American Stupids.