PDA

View Full Version : Android app review - Vaulty

jimnyc
11-17-2014, 06:31 PM
I have a ton of photos on my cell phone, at least for me, about 600 or so. My wife sent me a photo of our son, a photo that is registered through "smileface" or something like that. I guess if a child is lost, this photo can be shared and has other information.

Anyway, I figured if I ever needed it, how will I find it mixed in with all my other crap? My goal in looking was to find something to just hide a few good photos or other information that you could get to in an emergency, and quickly.

Then I found Vaulty.

This program is secured via text, PIN... Then you put it what you like and secure it. You can also go to the gallery, chose a photo or multiple photos, choose share and then pick Vaulty. Granted this is for securing things, but now if I go directly there, only the few things I need in an emergency are in there. And I suppose it's a bonus that they are secured as well. And it also secures videos.

Ever open up your gallery and not want the person next to you to see certain photos? Ever have someone that wanted to look at your phone, but you don't want them rummaging through and seeing personal photos? This is the answer. And apparently you can back this stuff up online. I haven't tried that option and wouldn't do so anyway.

An AWESOME feature - if someone tries to open the app, and fails via wrong PIN, it will snap a photo of them for you!!

Other options:

Beautiful Viewing Experience
Vaulty is a fast, simple, powerful, private image gallery. With a subtle interface, the focus is on your pictures. Vaulty also has amazing management and organization features such as:
Photo editing
Private camera
Slideshow
Share hidden pictures & videos
Create & organize albums or folders
Fullscreen Zoom
Select multiple pictures & videos for easy management
Sort by date, name, size or type
Filter images or videos
Picture & video renaming

SassyLady
11-18-2014, 01:13 AM
What are the permissions they need?

jimnyc
11-18-2014, 06:58 AM
What are the permissions they need?

Hell, I don't know, I just clickity clickity click when that part comes up and don't even pay attention! Perhaps an app designed for privacy is peeking on us? :)

Here is the app:

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.theronrogers.vaultyfree

Jeff
11-18-2014, 07:48 AM
I have been trying to hide pics I don't want anyone ( especially kids ) to see, My boys love to pick up the phone and check out the pics from the latest bike run and some just aren't appropriate for them to see, but they are just fine for me to see :hubba:, Thanks for the info James

jimnyc
11-18-2014, 08:23 AM
I have been trying to hide pics I don't want anyone ( especially kids ) to see, My boys love to pick up the phone and check out the pics from the latest bike run and some just aren't appropriate for them to see, but they are just fine for me to see :hubba:, Thanks for the info James

Been messing with it some more and I can highly recommend this app. Very simplistic and perfect for just that, hiding sensitive photos.