PDA

View Full Version : NFL talk from Introductions thread

puma237
11-11-2014, 09:30 PM
1. mike Holmgren
2. the lefty man who made steve Largent famous.

Anton Chigurh
11-11-2014, 09:33 PM
1. mike Holmgren
2. the lefty man who made steve Largent famous.Ha! I thought Largent made Zorn famous!

My favorite Seahawk moment (Besides their thrashing of Denver in the SB): The trade they worked with Tex Schramm, letting us draft Tony Dorsett!

My Gawd I can only imagine what would have happened, had Seattle went ahead and added Dorsett to their already pretty potent offense back in those days.

jimnyc
11-12-2014, 07:31 AM
you are reading correctly, but i would hate to think there are only two of us in here.

Really? We are talking about those Seattle Seahawks, right? :laugh:

oh, this is going to be funner than i first imagined.

btw, ever notice that you never see big Ben Roethlisberger in the same room with Will Farrell? just a thought.

:laugh:

http://first-thoughts.org/on/Ben+Roethlisberger/Will+Ferrell/

thanks for that link man, i was beginning to think it was just me.

2005 - Super Bowl XL Pittsburgh Steelers 21 Seattle Seahawks 10

But damn, never heard that one before, but it appears to be true, they do look alike! LOL I like Ferrell though, so it's cool. His BEST tweet ever...

http://i.imgur.com/Hwc4jMa.jpg

puma237
11-12-2014, 12:41 PM
Ha! I thought Largent made Zorn famous!

My favorite Seahawk moment (Besides their thrashing of Denver in the SB): The trade they worked with Tex Schramm, letting us draft Tony Dorsett!

My Gawd I can only imagine what would have happened, had Seattle went ahead and added Dorsett to their already pretty potent offense back in those days.

but you said you couldn't find anyone who knows who Zorn is, so not so famous.

sorry, but dorsett was a whineyass little prima donna who would have destroyed the hawks had we ever signed him. cowboys was the perfect home for him.

puma237
11-12-2014, 12:48 PM
2005 - Super Bowl XL Pittsburgh Steelers 21 Seattle Seahawks 10

But damn, never heard that one before, but it appears to be true, they do look alike! LOL I like Ferrell though, so it's cool. His BEST tweet ever...

http://i.imgur.com/Hwc4jMa.jpg

yeah, when I first saw your little wish under your name, I was pretty sure we would be getting around to "refgate 05". steelers are kinda like the hawks this year. a little inconsistent, good luck on that though. it would be a 12 nation wet dream to have another crack at Pittsburgh in the big show.

I liked your ferrel tweet. I would not have been able to resist.

Anton Chigurh
11-12-2014, 01:27 PM
but you said you couldn't find anyone who knows who Zorn is, so not so famous.

sorry, but dorsett was a whineyass little prima donna who would have destroyed the hawks had we ever signed him. cowboys was the perfect home for him.Umm, that's wrong. What i actually said was, "Having alot of trouble though these days, finding any Hawks fan who without looking it up, can tell me who their last coach was, or even who Jim Zorn was." Most people outside Hawkdom of course, don't know who Zorn is.

I don't remember Dorsett doing any whining or being a prima donna at all. With him in the backfield complementing the rest of that offense, they would have been really hard to stop.

Of course, bigger fish to fry back in those days was on defense.

puma237
11-12-2014, 02:54 PM
Umm, that's wrong. What i actually said was, "Having alot of trouble though these days, finding any Hawks fan who without looking it up, can tell me who their last coach was, or even who Jim Zorn was." Most people outside Hawkdom of course, don't know who Zorn is.

I don't remember Dorsett doing any whining or being a prima donna at all. With him in the backfield complementing the rest of that offense, they would have been really hard to stop.

Of course, bigger fish to fry back in those days was on defense.

ok, I kinda stand corrected about what you said about Zorn, but if a hawk fan couldn't tell you, who could?

you don't remember the stink dorsett put up when he absolutely refused to come to seattle?
he wanted to be a cowboy and whined and kicked and screamed until he got his way.
you don't remember the boodown the hawk fans gave him during the entire game the first time he came to the kingdome to play the hawks?.
tony dorsett Is a bitter memory for us older fans.

5stringJeff
11-17-2014, 07:57 PM
'Bout fucking time. Do have any idea what it's like being the only Texans fan on the board?

How 'bout Ryan Mallett??

hjmick
11-17-2014, 07:59 PM
How 'bout Ryan Mallett??

He did a nice job, we need some momentum. Loving Watt, Clowney may very well be a bust.

5stringJeff
11-18-2014, 06:15 PM
He did a nice job, we need some momentum. Loving Watt, Clowney may very well be a bust.

Hell, I'd just like to see him play for a few weeks.