PDA

View Full Version : If Obama’s Executive Order Breaches The Constitution, Why Can’t Boehner And McConnell

tailfins
11-20-2014, 03:58 AM
If Obama’s Executive Order Breaches The Constitution, Why Can’t Boehner And McConnell Ask ICE & The Border Patrol To Disobey It? Republicans Need To Confront Obama's Constitutional Brinksmanship With Their Own.
https://www.redstate.com/diary/Martin_A_Knight/2014/11/19/obamas-executive-order-breaches-constitution-cant-boehner-mcconnell/

glockmail
11-20-2014, 08:18 AM
I don't know if they can do that, but they can de-fund Mooch's vacation budget.

fj1200
11-20-2014, 09:23 AM
If Obama’s Executive Order Breaches The Constitution, Why Can’t Boehner And McConnell Ask ICE & The Border Patrol To Disobey It?

Republicans Need To Confront Obama's Constitutional Brinksmanship With Their Own.

Because ICE, et al, don't work for Congress. If it does obviously violate a law or the Constitution then they can immediately seek a suit to stop it. The problem IMO will be if the EO follows existing laws passed by Congress which is what usually happens.

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
11-20-2014, 09:31 AM
If Obama’s Executive Order Breaches The Constitution, Why Can’t Boehner And McConnell Ask ICE & The Border Patrol To Disobey It? Republicans Need To Confront Obama's Constitutional Brinksmanship With Their Own.
https://www.redstate.com/diary/Martin_A_Knight/2014/11/19/obamas-executive-order-breaches-constitution-cant-boehner-mcconnell/

The king controls ICE.. KING OBAMA controls all three branches it seems by how he is acting and what he is doing..
What he does now is play the I do what I want until any of you cowards dare to hit me game.
None dare!!! I think a courageous Senator should spit in his face.... and openly call him the traitor that he is... -Tyr

Little-Acorn
11-20-2014, 12:51 PM
The problem IMO will be if the EO follows existing laws passed by Congress which is what usually happens.

It doesn't.

The current laws passed by Congress (and signed by President) say that any non-citizen from a foreign country who is in the US without a visa, must leave.

Tonight Obama will rule that many foreigners (millions?) who are in the country without a visa, may stay.

If reports are correct, tonight he will issue an EO that flatly violates US law.

fj1200
11-20-2014, 01:33 PM
It doesn't.

Uh huh. My guess? The legal challenges will be on thin ice. "May stay" and "Will not deport" are not the same thing... but we'll see.