PDA

View Full Version : Taylor Swift: Maybe there is hope for this new generation

glockmail
11-21-2014, 09:49 AM
I'm not a fan of current music all that much but I do listen to the country stations here on occasion. Some of the stuff is pretty damn trashy; more explicit than my generation of the 60's and 70's. A notable exception is Taylor Swift. Although admittedly I haven't been paying that much attention, her lyrics tend to be about basic human struggles and personal fortitude instead of sex, sex, and short-term satisfaction.

Time magazine recently ran a length article on her. She's the most successful artist in many years. I knew she was a child prodigy with hits when she was about 15. Gosh, time flies, and now she's 24.

And she hasn't trashed-sex'd herself up like so many of these child stars when they turn 21. No twerking, no ass-bearing, no super-low-cut tops.

She's got real class, on par with some of the late greats of the 30's and 40's. :clap:

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
11-21-2014, 09:58 AM
I'm not a fan of current music all that much but I do listen to the country stations here on occasion. Some of the stuff is pretty damn trashy; more explicit than my generation of the 60's and 70's. A notable exception is Taylor Swift. Although admittedly I haven't been paying that much attention, her lyrics tend to be about basic human struggles and personal fortitude instead of sex, sex, and short-term satisfaction.

Time magazine recently ran a length article on her. She's the most successful artist in many years. I knew she was a child prodigy with hits when she was about 15. Gosh, time flies, and now she's 24.

And she hasn't trashed-sex'd herself up like so many of these child stars when they turn 21. No twerking, no ass-bearing, no super-low-cut tops.

She's got real class, on par with some of the late greats of the 30's and 40's. :clap:

Consistency, class and high moral standards pay. She appeals to those of us that see the depravity now so admired by the Hollywood types and the uneducated masses(last 30 years of public education=liberal) that were not taught about decency, morals, and honor..
instead fed the liberal mantra -do what feels good and what you can get away with.. -Tyr

5stringJeff
11-21-2014, 07:58 PM
I never thought I'd be the person to say this, but today's country sucks. I really enjoyed 90's and 00's country music - it's when I really began to appreciate the genre - but the introduction of "bro-country" has driven me away.

aboutime
11-21-2014, 09:25 PM
Guess, because I'm getting so much older, quicker. It seems today's music (if you can call it music), has lost most of the charm, and original sounds, with new words. Nearly every commercial, both on radio, and tv these days...uses regurgitated sounds from the 60's, 70's, 80's, and 90's as their background.
Since people communicate less IN PERSON, and depend on modern tech to replace talking, and actual conversations. The Originality factor of THINKING, IMAGINING, and PRODUCING new music has become a thing of the past.

And all attempts to listen to what is called RAP, and being told it's Modern RHYME, or Poetry for the young. I believe is nothing but another excuse for people to make BIG BUCKS, taking advantage of their LACK OF EDUCATION...and ability to speak in clear, understandable language.

Call me old fashioned. I don't care. I know...YOU CAN'T GO HOME AGAIN.

SassyLady
11-22-2014, 06:33 AM
According to Rolling Stone mag she is at the top of the most charitable celebrity. She's the real deal and I hope she stays that way.

Oh, and she's beautiful to boot!

https://www.dosomething.org/blog/celebsgonegood/taylor-swifts-celebrity-tap-water

Jeff
11-22-2014, 06:53 AM
I don't care for much of this new music at all, but I had a friend that had two daughters and he allowed them to listen to Taylor and explained to me that she was a great role model for the kids, I personal like old country ( yup I am getting old so it just goes hand in hand :laugh: ) But Taylor has some morals, it would be nice to see others follow her example.