PDA

View Full Version : Holder urges police restraint in Ferguson response

jimnyc
11-21-2014, 02:05 PM
I have to wonder, why isn't he urging or asking restraint from the black community which is already making threats and plans for this decision? Before a single thing has even happened he is already planting seeds that law enforcement has somehow done something wrong. Anyone being honest KNOWS the instigators will be the black folks in that neighborhood, or folks that come there from out of town. I somehow hope more and more and more of this is caught on tape. They blame everything on the cops and meanwhile the majority of videos out there show the protestors starting the most trouble. And from reading about this for awhile now, it seems as if plans are being put into place to cause a ruckus and/or be violent if no charges are brought forth.

--------

WASHINGTON — Before a decision by a St. Louis County grand jury weighing the fatal shooting of an unarmed teenager by a police officer, Attorney General Eric Holder urged law enforcement authorities Friday to minimize the potential for confrontations during possible demonstrations.

"It is vital to engage in planning and preparation, from evaluating protocols and training to choosing the appropriate equipment and uniforms,'' Holder said in a video message posted on the Justice Department website. "This is the hard work that is necessary to preserve the peace and maintain the public trust at all times— particularly in moments of heightened community tension."

The attorney general, who is overseeing a parallel civil rights inquiry into the shooting of Michael Brown by Officer Darren Wilson on Aug. 9, issued written guidance to police across the country, identifying "best practices that will help law enforcement officers maintain public safety while safeguarding constitutional rights.''

A decision by the grand jury could come at any time, and authorities have expressed fear that a decision involving the white officer who fatally shot the black teenager could prompt more unrest in the restive St. Louis region.

This week, Missouri Gov. Jay Nixon declared a state of emergency and activated the National Guard in preparation for a possible uprising when the grand jury's decision is made public.

The governor directed police "to protect civil rights and ensure public safety in the city of Ferguson and the St. Louis region."

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation/2014/11/21/ferguson-holder-police/19335481/

Kathianne
11-21-2014, 02:21 PM
Holder wants unrest, it keeps the cable news folks occupied on something other than the administration's actions.

aboutime
11-21-2014, 03:10 PM
Anybody remember Holder telling the RIOTING members of Ferguson to take it easy? How bout Obama telling them to CARRY ON?

LongTermGuy
11-21-2014, 04:53 PM
`More Liberal "PC" (help) for the poor helpless never gonna figure it out ..low info Looting racists...

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
11-21-2014, 07:41 PM
I have to wonder, why isn't he urging or asking restraint from the black community which is already making threats and plans for this decision? Before a single thing has even happened he is already planting seeds that law enforcement has somehow done something wrong. Anyone being honest KNOWS the instigators will be the black folks in that neighborhood, or folks that come there from out of town. I somehow hope more and more and more of this is caught on tape. They blame everything on the cops and meanwhile the majority of videos out there show the protestors starting the most trouble. And from reading about this for awhile now, it seems as if plans are being put into place to cause a ruckus and/or be violent if no charges are brought forth.

--------

WASHINGTON — Before a decision by a St. Louis County grand jury weighing the fatal shooting of an unarmed teenager by a police officer, Attorney General Eric Holder urged law enforcement authorities Friday to minimize the potential for confrontations during possible demonstrations.

"It is vital to engage in planning and preparation, from evaluating protocols and training to choosing the appropriate equipment and uniforms,'' Holder said in a video message posted on the Justice Department website. "This is the hard work that is necessary to preserve the peace and maintain the public trust at all times— particularly in moments of heightened community tension."

The attorney general, who is overseeing a parallel civil rights inquiry into the shooting of Michael Brown by Officer Darren Wilson on Aug. 9, issued written guidance to police across the country, identifying "best practices that will help law enforcement officers maintain public safety while safeguarding constitutional rights.''

A decision by the grand jury could come at any time, and authorities have expressed fear that a decision involving the white officer who fatally shot the black teenager could prompt more unrest in the restive St. Louis region.

This week, Missouri Gov. Jay Nixon declared a state of emergency and activated the National Guard in preparation for a possible uprising when the grand jury's decision is made public.

The governor directed police "to protect civil rights and ensure public safety in the city of Ferguson and the St. Louis region."

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation/2014/11/21/ferguson-holder-police/19335481/

Holder and Obama have been hell bent on keeping this stirred up as hot as they can get it. The governor there should have National guard troops with loaded rifles, extra magazines and orders to shot dead every damn one of the ffing scum that start rioting.
If it were rioting here I be loaded for bear and just waiting to do just that. In fact, loaded a few extra mags just in case--wouldn't want to run out at a crucial moment should some scum here decide to act up too..
I don't play well with others when my family is threatened. I'd kill every damn one of them and worry about the results be it whatever later...
If they want to stop the rioting then they need to start shooting as soon as it starts--kill a few dozen for starters--they ffing deserve it if they start burning, looting and violence . That shit wouldn't cut it around here. They never do it here for that very reason!
People there should have shot them the other time.. Idiots just watched in horror.. -Tyr

grannyhawkins
11-22-2014, 08:18 PM
I'd say that boils festered enough, that we just oughta let it come to a head!!!

http://www.sherv.net/cm/emoticons/eating/blowing-bubble-gum.gif

grannyhawkins
11-22-2014, 08:45 PM
I also think, if violence does erupt, the governor should announce beforehand, that all citizens will have carte blanche on defendin themselves and their property. No charges will be filed. Sometimes there's no avoidin a fight!!! An after all, we all love amnesty!!!

aboutime
11-22-2014, 08:50 PM
I also think, if violence does erupt, the governor should announce beforehand, that all citizens will have carte blanche on defendin themselves and their property. No charges will be filed. Sometimes there's no avoidin a fight!!! An after all, we all love amnesty!!!

Agreed granny. But, I suspect. The gov won't need to make any kind of announcements on that. If those people aren't prepared by now for what might happen. They never will be.

grannyhawkins
11-22-2014, 09:10 PM
Agreed granny. But, I suspect. The gov won't need to make any kind of announcements on that. If those people aren't prepared by now for what might happen. They never will be.

I believe they're prepared, but allowing terroristic threats by a certain group of people, is against the law!!! I think the residents, need and deserve clarification and the Governor should reply in kind. I'd bet this would totally defuse the situation.

aboutime
11-23-2014, 05:45 PM
I believe they're prepared, but allowing terroristic threats by a certain group of people, is against the law!!! I think the residents, need and deserve clarification and the Governor should reply in kind. I'd bet this would totally defuse the situation.

Totally agree again granny. But, the question is. WHO can enforce the broken laws of Holder, and Obama? They both NEED Ferguson to boil over for their own Political, Hatred, and Racist idea's.

gabosaurus
11-23-2014, 08:08 PM
I think everyone wants peace and restraint in Ferguson except the media.
There have been some "demonstrations" where the number of protestors have been equalled or exceeded by the number of media waiting for something to happen. No outbreak of violence means no news. Which lowers viewership and drops ratings and revenue.

Unless the inept Missouri authorites cave in to demands, the officer will be no-billed. I believe they are holding off the decision as long as possible because they know there are going to be violent demonstrations.
If they completely barred media from the streets of Ferguson and surrounding areas, there would be no riots. Because the incentive to demonstrate would be removed.

jimnyc
11-24-2014, 11:42 AM
I think everyone wants peace and restraint in Ferguson except the media.

And perhaps the locals who WANT to be violent, and state things like "fuck the law" and things like discussion of the violence they will commit before a verdict is even announced. But yes, the media sure as hell isn't helping, and no doubt even pushing at times. But don't think for a single second that many black folks in that are all peaceful, and that some don't want ANY excuse to be violent, regardless of the verdict.

gabosaurus
11-24-2014, 12:28 PM
From what I understand, the initial demonstrations were made by locals. Who have since given way to what I always called "professional protestors." Which are the people who travel the country looking to cause trouble. Or young people who missed out on the demonstrations of earlier generations and are looking for their own "voice."
I doubt many of the current residents of the Ferguson area want violence. They have to live there. They are pretty much tired of the whole situation by now.
If police decided to check IDs of people currently protesting and eject non-residents, there wouldn't be many people left.
I blame the authorities in the Ferguson area, along with state idiots, for inflaming the situation.

jimnyc
11-24-2014, 12:34 PM
From what I understand, the initial demonstrations were made by locals. Who have since given way to what I always called "professional protestors." Which are the people who travel the country looking to cause trouble. Or young people who missed out on the demonstrations of earlier generations and are looking for their own "voice."
I doubt many of the current residents of the Ferguson area want violence. They have to live there. They are pretty much tired of the whole situation by now.
If police decided to check IDs of people currently protesting and eject non-residents, there wouldn't be many people left.
I blame the authorities in the Ferguson area, along with state idiots, for inflaming the situation.

I blame the people who actually get violent.

Bilgerat
11-24-2014, 12:38 PM
http://drawfortruth.files.wordpress.com/2012/04/al-sharpton-final-500srgb.jpg?w=500&amph=482

glockmail
11-24-2014, 04:23 PM
Last I heard, there is a river nearby, and the water's cold. And the city owns many firetrucks with pumps and hoses. Therein lies the solution for keeping protesters at bay.

aboutime
11-24-2014, 06:15 PM
http://drawfortruth.files.wordpress.com/2012/04/al-sharpton-final-500srgb.jpg?w=500&amph=482

Also, with that wonderful depiction of AL (Notso)Sharpton. We should all remember. Like another AL, named Capone. Al Sharpton has been avoiding the payments of taxes to the IRS...in amounts that Exceed THREE MILLION DOLLARS.

Which gives Al....absolutely NO credibility for ANYTHING.

tailfins
11-24-2014, 06:53 PM
Also, with that wonderful depiction of AL (Notso)Sharpton. We should all remember. Like another AL, named Capone. Al Sharpton has been avoiding the payments of taxes to the IRS...in amounts that Exceed THREE MILLION DOLLARS.

Which gives Al....absolutely NO credibility for ANYTHING.

Kind of like you! Since you're so keen on having Massachusetts Democrats in the White House, Fauxcahontas must be your candidate for 2016.

http://www.theconservativevoices.com/uploads/e0501073517fd3806931d9a5771fe9b1.jpg

aboutime
11-24-2014, 06:59 PM
Kind of like you! Since you're so keen on having Massachusetts Democrats in the White House, Fauxcahontas must be your candidate for 2016.

http://www.theconservativevoices.com/uploads/e0501073517fd3806931d9a5771fe9b1.jpg

Wrong again tailfins. Under NO circumstances would I even venture to waste my vote on either your sister, or mother.

I'm not a former Obama voter.

tailfins
11-24-2014, 07:06 PM
Wrong again tailfins. Under NO circumstances would I even venture to waste my vote on either your sister, or mother.

I'm not a former Obama voter.

So tell us Mr. Abou Time, how many times have you been arrested for DUI?

aboutime
11-24-2014, 08:02 PM
So tell us Mr. Abou Time, how many times have you been arrested for DUI?

Having fun playing your foolish liberal, twisted game. Are you sure you want to go there? Never mind. I can be honest and say Never. So. What did you plan to say after asking such a question. Switching attention from your sister, or mother?

gabosaurus
11-24-2014, 08:10 PM
So tell us Mr. Abou Time, how many times have you been arrested for DUI

Having fun playing your foolish liberal, twisted game. Are you sure you want to go there? Never mind. I can be honest and say Never. So. What did you plan to say after asking such a question. Switching attention from your sister, or mother?

It's the ultimate battle of wits. :rolleyes:

stephanie
11-24-2014, 08:13 PM
Holder, Obama, etc are really snakes in the grass.

They hide behind a rock stirring up shit in Ferguson, then when things are ready to Explode they slither out acting all innocent calling for calm. They are the worst kinds of snakes. Vile, sneaky and filled with Venom

I hope we get out from Obama, Holder and all the Radicals in his administration without any more damage done to us. But they still have TWO YEARS.

gabosaurus
11-24-2014, 08:20 PM
I hope we get out from Obama, Holder and all the Radicals in his administration without any more damage done to us. But they still have TWO YEARS.

Unless Obama decides to declare martial law, suspend the constitution and declare himself Emperor For Life. :rolleyes:

Jeff
11-24-2014, 08:28 PM
Unless Obama decides to declare martial law, suspend the constitution and declare himself Emperor For Life. :rolleyes:

That would be great because it would sure enough be on at that point and with in just a short time we will of rid the country of all kinds of trash :laugh:

LongTermGuy
11-24-2014, 08:54 PM
9 P.M. ?
`Tuck the lil ones in tight...
pop some corn and get right...
couple 'brews' and some 'ski'....
tune in to your fave H.D.................`

Jeff
11-24-2014, 08:59 PM
9 P.M. ?
`Tuck the lil ones in tight...
pop some corn and get right...
couple 'brews' and some 'ski'....
tune in to your fave H.D.................`

Time to watch the boogers doing there Christmas shopping

gabosaurus
11-24-2014, 09:01 PM
If you have the LiveStream app, the Riot is being televised.
Gil Scott-Heron would be disappointed.

KarlMarx
11-24-2014, 09:16 PM
No indictment..... Now ferguson will burn

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner

gabosaurus
11-24-2014, 09:25 PM
Get out your beer and popcorn...

http://images4.fanpop.com/image/photos/17100000/ITS-PARTY-TIME-total-drama-island-17185970-822-545.jpg

Jeff
11-24-2014, 09:34 PM
Get out your beer and popcorn...

http://images4.fanpop.com/image/photos/17100000/ITS-PARTY-TIME-total-drama-island-17185970-822-545.jpg

Grab your weapon of choice and lets put a stop to this BS if ya dont like the verdict ya riot, they made it quite clear why he was not going to be charged with anything, such as the cop standing over him shooting him in the back, but yet he had no bullet holes in the back, time to do away with these lawless trouble making animals.

LongTermGuy
11-24-2014, 09:36 PM
http://mlatimerridley.files.wordpress.com/2013/12/so-it-begins.gif

Jeff
11-24-2014, 09:38 PM
http://mlatimerridley.files.wordpress.com/2013/12/so-it-begins.gif

I am almost aroused :laugh:

LongTermGuy
11-24-2014, 09:39 PM
I am almost aroused :laugh:

Gonna get ugly...

grannyhawkins
11-24-2014, 09:41 PM
Release the hounds!!!

http://lewis.armscontrolwonk.com/files/2010/10/releasethehounds.jpg

Jeff
11-24-2014, 09:41 PM
Gonna get ugly...

And Sharpton promised that he had peaceful demonstrations set for 25 cities, could be the beginning :thumb:

Jeff
11-24-2014, 09:47 PM
How sickening, ABC is praising the police that they have stayed behind the barricades even when they where pelted with things from the crowd, why in the hell should the police have to take that, it's time to let all know you must obey the law, cops are not there for you to take pop shots at.

aboutime
11-24-2014, 09:53 PM
How sickening, ABC is praising the police that they have stayed behind the barricades even when they where pelted with things from the crowd, why in the hell should the police have to take that, it's time to let all know you must obey the law, cops are not there for you to take pop shots at.

Jeff. Remember? The ALPHABET networks also hate the cops, and always side with the rioting victims....I mean THUGS.