PDA

View Full Version : Is God the epitome of both good and evil?

Gnostic Christian Bishop
11-22-2014, 05:54 PM
Is God the epitome of both good and evil?

God claims to be the epitome of all attributes and command that we place no one above him for any of them.

We are not to see or name anyone as more moral, more loving, more just, more compassionate or more of any other attributes we can name. Fewer scriptures talk of his great jealousy, greed or wrath but they and other evil attributes are all there.

Believers will know that since in the beginning there was only God, then all that is must have emanated from God as the only possible source of anything and everything.

All good, all evil and all in between must then have been born from the essence of God.

If all good and evil come from God and he loves himself as well as his neighbors, not that he could have any, then God must love both his good side and his evil side.

Is that why God does not rid this world of evil? Because God loves evil?

Does God also gain pleasure from evil as this quote indicates?

Revelation 4:11 (KJV)
Thou art worthy, O Lord, to receive glory and honour and power: for thou hast created all things, and for thy pleasure they are and were created.

Regards
DL

revelarts
11-22-2014, 07:35 PM
God claims to be the epitome of all attributes and command that we place no one above him for any of them.

Regards
DL

Gnostic,
where does God say this?
I am the "epitome of all attributes".

There's more one place where the Jesus (GOD) and the Bible says that Satan is the FATHER of lies.
So you are mistaken. Or have skipped over that part of the Bible.
So your 1st line out of the gate is false.

now please answer
Do you believe there IS a God? as most people would understand -a supernaturally person outside of yourself and the universe.
this is a YES or NO question BTW.

And do you believe that the prophets really heard from this God?
this is a Yes or No question as well.

5stringJeff
11-22-2014, 08:02 PM

We are not to see or name anyone as more moral, more loving, more just, more compassionate or more of any other attributes we can name. Fewer scriptures talk of his great jealousy, greed or wrath but they and other evil attributes are all there.

Believers will know that since in the beginning there was only God, then all that is must have emanated from God as the only possible source of anything and everything.

All good, all evil and all in between must then have been born from the essence of God.

If all good and evil come from God and he loves himself as well as his neighbors, not that he could have any, then God must love both his good side and his evil side.

Is that why God does not rid this world of evil? Because God loves evil?

Does God also gain pleasure from evil as this quote indicates?

Revelation 4:11 (KJV)
Thou art worthy, O Lord, to receive glory and honour and power: for thou hast created all things, and for thy pleasure they are and were created.

Regards
DL

There are several errors in your reasoning that lead to several false conclusions.

First, your assertion that "God claims to be the epitome of all attributes" is untrue. I think what you are getting at is perfect being theory, which states that as a perfect being, God possesses to the utmost extent those attributes that make Him a perfect being. For example, God does, in fact, claim to be holy, and we have every reason to believe that He epitomizes the attribute of holiness. But God is not the epitome of all attributes. For instance, God states that He is not a human and does not lie (Numbers 23:19); therefore, it would be wrong to say that God possesses the attributes of humanity or falsehood.

Your next assertion, "Fewer scriptures talk of his great jealousy, greed or wrath but they and other evil attributes are all there," is misleading. Several passages in the Bible speak of God's jealousy and wrath, yet these are not "evil attributes." God's jealousy is righteous. When God is jealous for His people, it is because those people rightly belong to Him. When He is jealous for our love, it is because our love is rightly attributed to Him. The same applies to God's wrath. As a holy being, God is justifiably angry at sin and justified when He punishes sin. Indeed, a holy God who could not, or would not, punish sin would be a pushover God, whom we could choose to obey at our leisure without consequence.

Because you started with a faulty premise, then your conclusion that "[a]ll good, all evil and all in between must then have been born from the essence of God" is also faulty. All good things are from God (see James 1:17); evil arises when God's will is not followed and creatures sin.

The rest of your post follows from your faulty conclusion and is therefore incorrect.

aboutime
11-22-2014, 08:55 PM
Reminder to all who read Gnostic BS here.

Gnostic seems to be under the lame impression that he is able to RE-Write the Gospel, or words of God, and Jesus to suit his own, lame, miserable troubled mind.

Gnostic will never be happy until he can take everyone DOWN to the depths of stupidity with him.

Which explains why he is such a lonely, miserable, troubled Charlie Manson kinda guy.

And to Gnostic. I dare you to prove me wrong. with NO Regards.

Gnostic Christian Bishop
11-23-2014, 10:24 AM
Gnostic,
where does God say this?

There's more one place where the Jesus (GOD) and the Bible says that Satan is the FATHER of lies.
So you are mistaken. Or have skipped over that part of the Bible.
So your 1st line out of the gate is false.

You may have done some skipping yourself.

Now, therefore, behold, the Lord hath put a lying spirit in the mouth of these thy prophets, and the Lord hath spoken evil concerning thee.
1Kings 22:23

Now therefore, behold, the Lord hath put a lying spirit in the mouth of these thy prophets.
2 Chron 18:22

Ah, Lord GOD! surely thou hast greatly deceived this people.
Jer 4:10

O Lord, thou hast deceived me, and I was deceived. Jer 20:7

And if a prophet be deceived when he hath spoken a thing, I the Lord have deceived that prophet.
Ezekiel 14:9

For this cause God shall send them strong delusion, that they should believe a lie.
Thessalonians 2:11

To me, God’s worse lie was to Adam and Eve. He told them they could eat of the tree of life and then reneged and in a real sense murdered them by denying them a remedy.

Let's see if we can get past this issue before clouding our chat with others.

If as you say, Satan if the father of lies, and God created Satan, then would God not have been the one to put that attribute of being the father of lies in Satan?

Does that not make God the real father of lies?

If not, are you saying that Satan is God's co-creator?

Did Satan write the evil side of the tree of knowledge of good and evil?

Regards
DL

Gnostic Christian Bishop
11-23-2014, 10:41 AM
There are several errors in your reasoning that lead to several false conclusions.

First, your assertion that "God claims to be the epitome of all attributes" is untrue. I think what you are getting at is perfect being theory, which states that as a perfect being, God possesses to the utmost extent those attributes that make Him a perfect being. For example, God does, in fact, claim to be holy, and we have every reason to believe that He epitomizes the attribute of holiness. But God is not the epitome of all attributes. For instance, God states that He is not a human and does not lie (Numbers 23:19); therefore, it would be wrong to say that God possesses the attributes of humanity or falsehood.

Your next assertion, "Fewer scriptures talk of his great jealousy, greed or wrath but they and other evil attributes are all there," is misleading. Several passages in the Bible speak of God's jealousy and wrath, yet these are not "evil attributes." God's jealousy is righteous. When God is jealous for His people, it is because those people rightly belong to Him. When He is jealous for our love, it is because our love is rightly attributed to Him. The same applies to God's wrath. As a holy being, God is justifiably angry at sin and justified when He punishes sin. Indeed, a holy God who could not, or would not, punish sin would be a pushover God, whom we could choose to obey at our leisure without consequence.

Because you started with a faulty premise, then your conclusion that "[a]ll good, all evil and all in between must then have been born from the essence of God" is also faulty. All good things are from God (see James 1:17); evil arises when God's will is not followed and creatures sin.

The rest of your post follows from your faulty conclusion and is therefore incorrect.

Thanks for this.

On the issue of lying, please see what I gave in he post just above.

You say ------ "therefore, it would be wrong to say that God possesses the attributes of humanity or falsehood.", ------ right after naming a bunch of his attributes that are also human attributes.

Please explain how you can give God some human attributes while saying he cannot have others.
Are we no created in God's image?

"When God is jealous for His people, it is because those people rightly belong to Him."

Are humans just another possession that can be owned?

We are asked to emulate God in all ways. Should we also own each other?

Regards
DL

Gnostic Christian Bishop
11-23-2014, 10:45 AM
Reminder to all who read Gnostic BS here.

Gnostic seems to be under the lame impression that he is able to RE-Write the Gospel, or words of God, and Jesus to suit his own, lame, miserable troubled mind.

Gnostic will never be happy until he can take everyone DOWN to the depths of stupidity with him.

Which explains why he is such a lonely, miserable, troubled Charlie Manson kinda guy.

And to Gnostic. I dare you to prove me wrong. with NO Regards.

No problem. Speak to the O.P. and I will. At least the gospel part. Your other garbage I will ignore as too stupid to address.

Regards
DL

tailfins
11-23-2014, 10:52 AM

I would say more like Adam Lanza than Charles Manson. As long as he doesn't flip his lid, he's not dangerous.

revelarts
11-24-2014, 05:42 PM
Again Gnot you've failed to read the whole.
Now, therefore, behold, the Lord hath put a lying spirit in the mouth of these thy prophets, and the Lord hath spoken evil concerning thee.
Now therefore, behold, the Lord hath put a lying spirit in the mouth of these thy prophets.
In the same Chapters you read that God had there a prophet the whole time to tell them the truth. a prophet known to tell the truth.
it was a test of the choice of the Kings.

"Ah, Lord GOD! surely thou hast greatly deceived this people.
Jer 4:10O Lord, thou hast deceived me, and I was deceived. Jer 20:7 "
Jeremiah's voicing his frustration, this is not a accusation against God's truthfulness.

"And if a prophet be deceived when he hath spoken a thing, I the Lord have deceived that prophet.
Ezekiel 14:9 "
Again testing the people, the truth is always available 1st and in the midst. the question is if people want it.

"...For this cause God shall send them strong delusion, that they should believe a lie.
Thessalonians 2:11"
for what 'cause' Gnot? you start the text late.
...because they did not receive the love of the truth so as to be saved. 11 For this reason God [j (https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=2%20Thessalonians%202&version=NASB#fen-NASB-29673j)]will send upon them [k (https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=2%20Thessalonians%202&version=NASB#fen-NASB-29673k)]a deluding influence so that they will believe [l (https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=2%20Thessalonians%202&version=NASB#fen-NASB-29673l)]what is false,12 in order that they all may be [m (https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=2%20Thessalonians%202&version=NASB#fen-NASB-29674m)]judged who did not believe the truth, but [n (https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=2%20Thessalonians%202&version=NASB#fen-NASB-29674n)]took pleasure in wickedness.
God had already presented them with the truth and they REJECTED it so God gives them what they want, more lies.

"To me, God’s worse lie was to Adam and Eve. He told them they could eat of the tree of life and then reneged and in a real sense murdered them by denying them a remedy."
Not a lie, Not reneged only delayed. and it was NOT a remedy ,they needed redemption and cleaning THEN they could eat of it and be whole.
the tree of life is found in revelations ready to eat.

"Let's see if we can get past this issue before clouding our chat with others.
If as you say, Satan if the father of lies, and God created Satan, then would God not have been the one to put that attribute of being the father of lies in Satan?
Regards"

If you notice in most of my replies from the scripture above we see a pattern.
God giving creatures the truth and a choice to embrace it.
God created options and creatures with the ability to exercise those options.
Do you want to embrace truth or follow lies? (lies which are basically could be defined as various steps toward death and away from life and love.)
God will allow you to go whichever way you want. But there are rewards for either choice.

Now I've been forth coming with my answers.
are you capable of doing the same?

do not ask me anymore questions or follow ups here Gnot.
just reciprocate.
My 1st questions still stand.

5stringJeff
11-24-2014, 06:38 PM
Thanks for this.

On the issue of lying, please see what I gave in he post just above.

I think revelarts did a fine job of replying there.

You say ------ "therefore, it would be wrong to say that God possesses the attributes of humanity or falsehood.", ------ right after naming a bunch of his attributes that are also human attributes.

Please explain how you can give God some human attributes while saying he cannot have others.
Are we no created in God's image?

We are indeed created in God's image. But that does not mean that we possess all of the attributes that God possesses. Only Jesus is the exact representation of God (cf. Heb. 1:3). God possesses some attributes that only He can possess. For example, God is self-existent, but humans are not. God is eternal, but humans are not. God is omnipresent, but humans are not. Such characteristics are incommunicable to God's creation.

"When God is jealous for His people, it is because those people rightly belong to Him."

Are humans just another possession that can be owned?

We are asked to emulate God in all ways. Should we also own each other?

Regards
DL

Nowhere in the Bible does God relinquish ownership of anything. Moreover, Christians are specifically told that we are not even our own, but are bought with a price (1 Cor 6:19-20). As God's creation, we are called to recognize who we rightly belong to, and not to enslave each other, as Paul's writings make clear (see the book of Philemon).

glockmail
11-24-2014, 07:24 PM
Stop feeding the troll!

Gnostic Christian Bishop
11-25-2014, 12:03 PM
Again Gnot you've failed to read the whole.
In the same Chapters you read that God had there a prophet the whole time to tell them the truth. a prophet known to tell the truth.
it was a test of the choice of the Kings.

"Ah, Lord GOD! surely thou hast greatly deceived this people.
Jer 4:10O Lord, thou hast deceived me, and I was deceived. Jer 20:7 "
Jeremiah's voicing his frustration, this is not a accusation against God's truthfulness.

"And if a prophet be deceived when he hath spoken a thing, I the Lord have deceived that prophet.
Ezekiel 14:9 "
Again testing the people, the truth is always available 1st and in the midst. the question is if people want it.

"...For this cause God shall send them strong delusion, that they should believe a lie.
Thessalonians 2:11"
for what 'cause' Gnot? you start the text late.
...because they did not receive the love of the truth so as to be saved. 11 For this reason God [j (https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=2%20Thessalonians%202&version=NASB#fen-NASB-29673j)]will send upon them [k (https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=2%20Thessalonians%202&version=NASB#fen-NASB-29673k)]a deluding influence so that they will believe [l (https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=2%20Thessalonians%202&version=NASB#fen-NASB-29673l)]what is false,12 in order that they all may be [m (https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=2%20Thessalonians%202&version=NASB#fen-NASB-29674m)]judged who did not believe the truth, but [n (https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=2%20Thessalonians%202&version=NASB#fen-NASB-29674n)]took pleasure in wickedness.
God had already presented them with the truth and they REJECTED it so God gives them what they want, more lies.

"To me, God’s worse lie was to Adam and Eve. He told them they could eat of the tree of life and then reneged and in a real sense murdered them by denying them a remedy."
Not a lie, Not reneged only delayed. and it was NOT a remedy ,they needed redemption and cleaning THEN they could eat of it and be whole.
the tree of life is found in revelations ready to eat.

"Let's see if we can get past this issue before clouding our chat with others.
Regards"

If you notice in most of my replies from the scripture above we see a pattern.
God giving creatures the truth and a choice to embrace it.
God created options and creatures with the ability to exercise those options.
Do you want to embrace truth or follow lies? (lies which are basically could be defined as various steps toward death and away from life and love.)
God will allow you to go whichever way you want. But there are rewards for either choice.

Now I've been forth coming with my answers.
are you capable of doing the same?

do not ask me anymore questions or follow ups here Gnot.
just reciprocate.
My 1st questions still stand.

Thanks for this.

God did indeed give them more lies showing that like all else that is, scripturally speaking, God creates all that is evil, which brings me back to your original question.

-----------------

Gnostic,
where does God say this?

---------------

The first commandment says place no other God above me.

That says that we are to name no other for any attribute.

IE.

Who has the highest level of love? --------- Bible God.
Who has the highest level of all positive attributes you can name? ------ Bible God.
Who, when God was all there was had the highest and lowest points of all attributes? ---- Bible God.

From that one point, all else evolved. God is the father of all the good and all the evil possible because all emanated from that one point that we call God.

That is why God says ------ Isaiah 45:7King James Version (KJV) 7 I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil: I the Lord do all these things.

If you deny this then name God’s co-creator.

Regards
DL

Gnostic Christian Bishop
11-25-2014, 12:27 PM
I think revelarts did a fine job of replying there.

We are indeed created in God's image. But that does not mean that we possess all of the attributes that God possesses. Only Jesus is the exact representation of God (cf. Heb. 1:3). God possesses some attributes that only He can possess. For example, God is self-existent, but humans are not. God is eternal, but humans are not. God is omnipresent, but humans are not. Such characteristics are incommunicable to God's creation.

Nowhere in the Bible does God relinquish ownership of anything. Moreover, Christians are specifically told that we are not even our own, but are bought with a price (1 Cor 6:19-20). As God's creation, we are called to recognize who we rightly belong to, and not to enslave each other, as Paul's writings make clear (see the book of Philemon).

Jesus cannot be an exact representation of God as he has a body and God does not.

The only attributes you say God has that we do not have never been shown to be true and some can be shown to be false. All you are doing is spouting thoughtless dogma. If that is all you want to do then you will win every debate. In your own mind.

"Nowhere in the Bible does God relinquish ownership of anything."

If Jesus owned the world and Satan did not have dominion over it, are you saying that the temptation of Christ was bogus and a sham as, Satan had nothing to offer Jesus?

Who has dominion over the earth and are thus owners of the world.

-------------------------

"we are not even our own, but are bought with a price".

So all man is is a slave and commodity. Ok.

So, as I said, since we are to emulate God in all tings, we too can own slaves.

Regards
DL

revelarts
11-25-2014, 01:20 PM
Thanks for this.

God did indeed give them more lies showing that like all else that is, scripturally speaking, God creates all that is evil, which brings me back to your original question.

-----------------

Gnostic,
where does God say this?

---------------

The first commandment says place no other God above me.

That says that we are to name no other for any attribute.

IE.

Who has the highest level of love? --------- Bible God.
Who has the highest level of all positive attributes you can name? ------ Bible God.
Who, when God was all there was had the highest and lowest points of all attributes? ---- Bible God.

From that one point, all else evolved. God is the father of all the good and all the evil possible because all emanated from that one point that we call God.

That is why God says ------ Isaiah 45:7King James Version (KJV) 7 I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil: I the Lord do all these things.

If you deny this then name God’s co-creator.

Regards
DL

Isaiah 45:7King James Version (KJV) 7
I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil: I the Lord do all these things.

Here there's a subtly that's not obvious especially if your not looking for it.
But it's clear once pointed out.
in the Hebrew the word there for "Evil" is a word that is primarily translated as "distress" or "trouble" or "bad" "calamity" or something like trouble. However in some context it does mean ethically evil.
Just as the word "love" will mean one thing in most context but if you read "made love" the word love is to taken in one of it's secondary meanings.

So looking at the context here . The word "evil" is in contrast the word "peace".

I make "peace" ---lack of trouble, wholeness -- and i create --trouble, calamity, distress-- "evil".

so your reading of the text here is Off.

the other part of what you've said is quite an extrapolation.
You take "there are none before me" and walk it down the road and around the corner to mean 'I am highest form of evil."

but Ok let's say for the sake of argument that you could go there.
I think an honest person could just as easily say
1. there's nothing directly in the Bible's statements that FORCES you to that conclusion. Anymore than saying that God says 'i am highest form of crazy" or "I am the highest form of stupidity".
But he can't be the standard of sanity and the all knowing genius creator of the universe as well as crazy and stupid.
or All Good and evil at the same time.

2. you have to ignore the numerous other crystal clear statements where God repeats He is good and "IS" Love.
You've gone on a hunting expedition for some dark features of God's person when his positive attributes are CLEARLY declared over and over.

And Also i think what we have to realize is that God is the standard for the BEST of all things.
And that evil is a LACK of goodness. when we call evil 'negative' it's just that. It's somewhere along the line AWAY from God.
You seem to want want to paint God saying he IS everything.
But the God of the Bible never says that. He says he created everything very good and somethings he created choose, fell, moved AWAY from Him.
Every step away from God is a step out of light into the shadows, toward evil.

Micah 7:18
Who is a God like You, who pardons iniquity And passes over the rebellious act of the remnant of His possession? He does not retain His anger forever, Because He delights in unchanging love.

1 John 4:8
The one who does not love does not know God, for God is love.

Gnostic Christian Bishop
11-26-2014, 08:56 AM
Christians are always trying to absolve God of moral culpability in the fall by whipping out their favorite "free will!", or “ it’s all man’s fault”.

That is "God gave us free will and it was our free willed choices that caused our fall. Hence God is not blameworthy."

But this simply avoids God's culpability as the author of Human Nature. Free will is only the ability to choose. It is not an explanation why anyone would want to choose "A" or "B" (bad or good action). An explanation for why Eve would even have the nature of "being vulnerable to being easily swayed by a serpent" and "desiring to eat a forbidden fruit" must lie in the nature God gave Eve in the first place. Hence God is culpable for deliberately making humans with a nature-inclined-to-fall, and "free will" means nothing as a response to this problem.

If all sin by nature then, the sin nature is dominant. If not, we would have at least some who would not sin.

Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results." - Albert Einstein

Regard
DL

revelarts
11-26-2014, 10:32 AM
Christians are always trying to absolve God of moral culpability in the fall by whipping out their favorite "free will!", or “ it’s all man’s fault”.
That is "God gave us free will and it was our free willed choices that caused our fall. Hence God is not blameworthy."
But this simply avoids God's culpability as the author of Human Nature. Free will is only the ability to choose. It is not an explanation why anyone would want to choose "A" or "B" (bad or good action). An explanation for why Eve would even have the nature of "being vulnerable to being easily swayed by a serpent" and "desiring to eat a forbidden fruit" must lie in the nature God gave Eve in the first place. Hence God is culpable for deliberately making humans with a nature-inclined-to-fall, and "free will" means nothing as a response to this problem.
If all sin by nature then, the sin nature is dominant. If not, we would have at least some who would not sin.
Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results." - Albert Einstein

Regard
DL

:rolleyes:

so lets play that out for a sec,
...and if God provides a FREE way complete restoration, if they'll take it?
...or you'd prefer that God made people robots?
...or you'd like to make up the God you'd like and not think about any Biblical God trying to love you.

DL, You keep trying to make God morally responsible for people's bad actions as a reason to reject the God of the Bible.

But you refuse to fully expand on your ALTERNATIVE version of reality where there is no God of the Bible but your ideals of a rational and moral humanity makes perfect sense of all there is.
You seem to think that man evolved to kill, rape n steal by nature and yet you want to complain about it when people do.
You want to say people came from animals and their reason is a function of reproduction and survival but somehow presume people's reason to be reliable in accessing reality and morals.

Your own naturalistic origins story negates any ground you have to stand on concerning protest of the "morals" of God or man DL.
Your view makes all just a jabbering monkeys who pretentiously imagine they can grasp the reality they find themselves hunting and pecking in.
If you where consistent you'd just admit your ignorance hope for the best as we grunt our way to the grave..

But you insist on claiming --with repeated misapplications of scripture-- that you have some moral standard that God is not living up to to your satisfaction.

Sorry you don't like God DL,
But for some reason he really does like you.

Gnostic Christian Bishop
11-28-2014, 06:20 PM
You seem to know my thinking better than I do yet get so much wrong.

Ask. You are not good at telling.

The issue was free will and I guess that you flipping topics just says that, again, you cannot refute anything and choose to deflect like a child would.

Regards
DL

revelarts
11-28-2014, 06:39 PM
You seem to know my thinking better than I do yet get so much wrong.

Ask. You are not good at telling.

The issue was free will and I guess that you flipping topics just says that, again, you cannot refute anything and choose to deflect like a child would.

Regards
DL

still not answering question DL?
and you don't get my reply?

You said there's no real freewill, I gave you 3 options based on that reality to chose from.

then gave you a dilemma based on your natural evolutionary view to explain.
so start splainin' and stop DODGING DL.

Why do you lack the courage to honestly coherently present your own religious position and doctrine.
And to defend it when asked?
Your the one who's acting like a child.
A lil boy hiding behind a some bushes throwing rocks at the church and cursing at the people going in.

5stringJeff
11-28-2014, 08:36 PM
Jesus cannot be an exact representation of God as he has a body and God does not.

The only attributes you say God has that we do not have never been shown to be true and some can be shown to be false. All you are doing is spouting thoughtless dogma. If that is all you want to do then you will win every debate. In your own mind.

"Nowhere in the Bible does God relinquish ownership of anything."

If Jesus owned the world and Satan did not have dominion over it, are you saying that the temptation of Christ was bogus and a sham as, Satan had nothing to offer Jesus?

Who has dominion over the earth and are thus owners of the world.

-------------------------

"we are not even our own, but are bought with a price".

So all man is is a slave and commodity. Ok.

So, as I said, since we are to emulate God in all tings, we too can own slaves.

Regards
DL

Interesting that someone with a user name of "Gnostic Christian Bishop" would consider quoting the Scriptures as "spouting thoughtless dogma."

Also, please demonstrate which attributes I brought up can be proven false.

aboutime
11-28-2014, 10:36 PM
Interesting that someone with a user name of "Gnostic Christian Bishop" would consider quoting the Scriptures as "spouting thoughtless dogma."

5string. In case you haven't noticed. We have a couple of self-appointed Prophets here on DP, who always use quotes from Bible verses, and scriptures...of their chosing, twisted in context for the moment. To declare the rest of us DEVIL WORSHIPING members as destined for the Un-air conditioned space between THEIR EARS.:laugh:

red state
11-28-2014, 11:25 PM
Stop feeding the troll!

Great to see you back! And I agree......PLEEEeeeaaaAAAAZze ignore (STARVE) the trolls. OK?!

BoogyMan
11-29-2014, 12:00 PM
So what you are claiming here is that with NO knowledge of context and the apparent understanding of a 5 year old you will hold God to your standard? Good luck with that...

Ah, Lord GOD! surely thou hast greatly deceived this people.
Jer 4:10

O Lord, thou hast deceived me, and I was deceived. Jer 20:7

And if a prophet be deceived when he hath spoken a thing, I the Lord have deceived that prophet.
Ezekiel 14:9

For this cause God shall send them strong delusion, that they should believe a lie.
Thessalonians 2:11

To me, God’s worse lie was to Adam and Eve. He told them they could eat of the tree of life and then reneged and in a real sense murdered them by denying them a remedy.

Let's see if we can get past this issue before clouding our chat with others.

Regards
DL

Gnostic Christian Bishop
11-29-2014, 03:13 PM

Pfft. Reverse onus and proving what cannot be proven is not my bag.

Take care of your own logical fallacy.

Regards
DL

jimnyc
11-29-2014, 03:28 PM

Regards
DL

WHY do you post the same things in so many places? And then when you do your copy and paste crap, you generally screw up and the formatting is fucked. So what do you do, troll around as many boards as you can, and then backtrack and act like a dolt anytime anyone expects you to backup what you're saying or actually participate based on your own words?

The fact that you post/posted on a marijuana board "might" explain a few things. Or are you such a desperate troll that you had to also take your antics over to the stoners?

tailfins
11-29-2014, 03:49 PM
WHY do you post the same things in so many places? And then when you do your copy and paste crap, you generally screw up and the formatting is fucked. So what do you do, troll around as many boards as you can, and then backtrack and act like a dolt anytime anyone expects you to backup what you're saying or actually participate based on your own words?

The fact that you post/posted on a marijuana board "might" explain a few things. Or are you such a desperate troll that you had to also take your antics over to the stoners?

He's they guy in the ad strip above that claims to have made $25M Working from His Basement.

5stringJeff
11-30-2014, 04:36 PM

Regards
DL

It is logically possible to show an argument to be false. Surely, someone of your intelligence should be able to construct a logical argument to show the falsehood of an assertion I presented. Moreover, you made the claim that "some (attributes of God) can be shown to be false." You should be able to present evidence to back up that claim.

5stringJeff
11-30-2014, 07:31 PM
Just happened to run across this YouTube video that addresses the original topic.

http://youtu.be/oMnu3qDvGq8

Gnostic Christian Bishop
12-01-2014, 10:39 AM
Just happened to run across this YouTube video that addresses the original topic.

http://youtu.be/oMnu3qDvGq8

Who created evil then if God is only good?

Who is the Yin to God/Yang, so to speak?

Who is God's co-creator.

Regards
DL

tailfins
12-01-2014, 11:11 AM

Who is God's co-creator.

Regards
DL

God was not created since he is infinite and has no beginning.

Gnostic Christian Bishop
12-01-2014, 11:53 AM
God was not created since he is infinite and has no beginning.

I did not indicate that God had been created.

But how can you know this as a fact as those ideas came out of men.

All we know of the Gods is what men have said. Some say with supernatural guidance but we have no proof of anything supernatural. Or do you have a proof?

Regards
DL

jimnyc
12-01-2014, 01:08 PM
I believe this is our stoner troll. Scoff at it all you like - but it sure would 'splain some things!

http://pnsexplosion.com/uploaded_images/stoner-791927.jpg

aboutime
12-01-2014, 01:53 PM
I believe this is our stoner troll. Scoff at it all you like - but it sure would 'splain some things!

http://pnsexplosion.com/uploaded_images/stoner-791927.jpg

jim. It sure does 'splain some things'. Both seem Identical.....http://icansayit.com/images/troll.jpg Notice the "Nose".

5stringJeff
12-01-2014, 07:14 PM

Who is God's co-creator.

Regards
DL

You err because you misunderstand the nature of evil. Just as dark is the absence of light, so evil is the absence of moral goodness. Because God is absolutely good, He cannot sin (i.e. commit an evil act).

Evil results from the morally flawed choices of free creatures.

Gnostic Christian Bishop
12-01-2014, 07:33 PM
You err because you misunderstand the nature of evil. Just as dark is the absence of light, so evil is the absence of moral goodness. Because God is absolutely good, He cannot sin (i.e. commit an evil act).

Evil results from the morally flawed choices of free creatures.

Yet in Job 3;2 God says that Satan moved him to destroy without cause.

He admits to being evil and sinning.

Strange that you do not see God torturing King David's baby for 6 days before finally killing it as somehow good.

Nice morals and discernment your religion has given you. Not.

Regards
DL