PDA

View Full Version : Nov 22, 1963

namvet
11-22-2014, 07:26 PM
on this day in 1963 President Kennedy is Murdered in Dallas TX

http://i62.tinypic.com/105dsvm.jpg

aboutime
11-22-2014, 07:46 PM
Will never forget that day. And the terrible week that followed. He was my hero.

And, his passing had much to do with why I joined the Navy.

We can only imagine what our nation would be like, had he lived.

Thanks for remembering namvet.

http://youtu.be/a5hFMy4pTrs

5stringJeff
11-22-2014, 08:04 PM
I was not yet born, but I know how the memories of that event have affected my parents.

aboutime
11-22-2014, 08:31 PM
I was not yet born, but I know how the memories of that event have affected my parents.

Understood. It still brings tears whenever I hear, or see any reminders of that day. I was 16, and would join the navy, the following May. PT-109 became one of my favorite movies after that.

Odd thing is. One day, late in 1960. My father made me go with my sister to see JFK at a rally in our town. He touched our hands as he was leaving after a short speech I couldn't tell you what he said. The girls were all screaming so much. But an exciting day it did become for all of us.

tailfins
11-22-2014, 09:19 PM
Will never forget that day. And the terrible week that followed. He was my hero.

And, his passing had much to do with why I joined the Navy.

We can only imagine what our nation would be like, had he lived.

Thanks for remembering namvet.

Why would anyone applaud making the White House a puppet of the Vatican? The REAL figures that would have secured America's history were those such as Sens. Robert Taft and Barry Goldwater. Senator Joseph McCarthy suffered a fate worse than assassination for attempting to protect America from the Red Menace. If McCarthy had been successful the likes of Barack Obama, Sr. would have never been allowed into the country.

Jeff
11-23-2014, 03:21 PM
I was only a year old at the time but still remember people talking about it, so it had to of been spoke about for years ( well we know it was, but the emotion of it is what I am speaking of ) because I doubt at one I would remember, I guess it was when his brother died ( I always thought it was for JFK) but I can remember the entire community getting together down at the RR tracks to pay there respect as the body went buy.

aboutime
11-23-2014, 05:01 PM
I was only a year old at the time but still remember people talking about it, so it had to of been spoke about for years ( well we know it was, but the emotion of it is what I am speaking of ) because I doubt at one I would remember, I guess it was when his brother died ( I always thought it was for JFK) but I can remember the entire community getting together down at the RR tracks to pay there respect as the body went buy.

Jeff. I think that was for Bobby Kennedy. We watched his funeral train in Philly. JFK's funeral all took place in Washington.

aboutime
11-23-2014, 05:05 PM
Why would anyone applaud making the White House a puppet of the Vatican? The REAL figures that would have secured America's history were those such as Sens. Robert Taft and Barry Goldwater. Senator Joseph McCarthy suffered a fate worse than assassination for attempting to protect America from the Red Menace. If McCarthy had been successful the likes of Barack Obama, Sr. would have never been allowed into the country.

Thanks again tailfins. How lame, and an absolute racist, hatred statement to make. Tell us. Who was applauding anything like that? Other than racist, bigots like yourself?
You sound more like Archie Bunker than Archie Bunker. Go back and hide in your cave with all the other dumb-bats.

tailfins
11-23-2014, 05:22 PM
Thanks again tailfins. How lame, and an absolute racist, hatred statement to make. Tell us. Who was applauding anything like that? Other than racist, bigots like yourself?
You sound more like Archie Bunker than Archie Bunker. Go back and hide in your cave with all the other dumb-bats.

So you're on record as not supporting Robert Taft, Barry Goldwater and Joseph McCarthy - got it.

aboutime
11-23-2014, 05:41 PM
So you're on record as not supporting Robert Taft, Barry Goldwater and Joseph McCarthy - got it.

Tell you what tailfins. If you can get ANY of them to give me a call. I might stop laughing at YOU.

tailfins
11-23-2014, 05:58 PM
Tell you what tailfins. If you can get ANY of them to give me a call. I might stop laughing at YOU.

They now are all brain dead. I understand your desire to communicate with like minded people.

aboutime
11-23-2014, 06:42 PM
They now are all brain dead. I understand your desire to communicate with like minded people.

I agree, all like you.

gabosaurus
11-23-2014, 07:46 PM

He is communicating with a liked minded brain dead person. You. :cool: