PDA

View Full Version : "Ten Reasons Why I Am No Longer a Leftist"

LongTermGuy
11-25-2014, 07:18 PM
`Well worth a read`

http://cdn.frontpagemag.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/11/Break-Chains-450x337.jpg

`Below are the top ten reasons I am no longer a leftist. This is not a rigorous comparison of theories. This list is idiosyncratic, impressionistic, and intuitive. It’s an accounting of the milestones on my herky-jerky journey.................`

`Embedded in the article was this small gem`:

Quote:

<tbody>
The left is still looking for its proletariat. It supports mass immigration for this reason.

</tbody>

Read:
http://www.frontpagemag.com/2014/danusha-v-goska/ten-reasons-why-i-am-no-longer-a-leftist/

revelarts
11-25-2014, 09:55 PM
Read a good bit of that.
i'll have to finish it.

She doesn't paint a pretty picture of those on the left.
Intersting article, didn't take me where i expected.

but one quote i find extremely disturbing is this

...Back in 1975, after Hillary Rodham had followed Bill Clinton to Arkansas, she helped create the state’s first rape crisis hotline. She had her eye on the big picture. What was Hillary like in her one-on-one encounters?

Hillary served as the attorney to a 41-year-old, one of two men accused of raping a 12-year-old girl. The girl, a virgin before the assault, was in a coma for five days afterward. She was injured so badly she was told she’d never have children. In 2014, she is 52 years old, and she has never had children, nor has she married. She reports that she was afraid of men after the rape.
A taped interview with Clinton has recently emerged; on it Clinton makes clear that she thought her client was guilty, and she chuckles when reporting that she was able to set him free. In a recent interview, the victim said that Hillary Clinton “took me through Hell” and “lied like a dog.” “I think she wants to be a role model… but I don’t think she’s a role model at all,” the woman said. “If she had have been, she would have helped me at the time, being a 12-year-old girl who was raped by two guys.”
Hillary had her eye on the all-caps resume bullet point: FOUNDS RAPE HOTLINE.
Hillary’s chuckles when reminiscing about her legal victory suggest that, in her assessment, her contribution to the ruination of the life of a rape victim is of relatively negligible import....

that's just chilling.
Hillary for president heck no!

revelarts
11-25-2014, 10:29 PM
ok didn't realize i was almost done.. so i finished it.

A couple of my take aways here,
-people on all sides are doing what they can with what they've got, hearts are often in the right place but our heads are often full of misinfo.
-that people do change their political positions.
-you never know what seeds your planting good (or ill) to help people's thinking/hearts along the way.

one item does strike me as a bit off though, she repeats a certain POV a few times in subtle ways
And directly with this:
"I do have right-wing friends now and they do get angry and they do express that anger. But when I encounter unhinged, stratospheric vituperation, when I encounter detailed revenge fantasies in scatological and sadistic language, I know I’ve stumbled upon a left-wing website."

All i can say to that is she hasn't been to enough right wing websites or read post there on Muslims, illegal aliens, Obama, Pelosi, some minorities, Iran, "terrorist", "lefties" and few other things.

But overall, a pretty compelling article