PDA

View Full Version : Bush urges passage of languishing immigration bill

nevadamedic
06-24-2007, 06:08 PM
Story Highlights
• Bush: "Summon the political courage" to support sidelined immigration bill
• Fragile bipartisan compromise due to come back before the Senate
• Measure would tighten borders and enforcement, create guest worker program
• Divisive issue: Businesses want it, others call it amnesty for illegal immigrants

http://www.cnn.com/2007/POLITICS/06/23/bush.radio.ap/index.html

Damnit, President Bush is starting to really piss me off on this issue. Now he's trying to get Congress involved. Good thing ive already written my Congressman several times on this issue. I urge all of you to do the same. For you Nothern Nevada people *cough* Pale *cough* :laugh2: our Congressman's email is on this page........... http://heller.house.gov/

Gunny
06-24-2007, 06:24 PM
Story Highlights
• Bush: "Summon the political courage" to support sidelined immigration bill
• Fragile bipartisan compromise due to come back before the Senate
• Measure would tighten borders and enforcement, create guest worker program
• Divisive issue: Businesses want it, others call it amnesty for illegal immigrants

http://www.cnn.com/2007/POLITICS/06/23/bush.radio.ap/index.html

Damnit, President Bush is starting to really piss me off on this issue. Now he's trying to get Congress involved. Good thing ive already written my Congressman several times on this issue. I urge all of you to do the same. For you Nothern Nevada people *cough* Pale *cough* :laugh2: our Congressman's email is on this page........... http://heller.house.gov/

Starting to piss you off? Far as I'm concerned, on this issue he's a damned traitor to conservative idealism, and common sense.

nevadamedic
06-24-2007, 06:55 PM
Starting to piss you off? Far as I'm concerned, on this issue he's a damned traitor to conservative idealism, and common sense.

He just needs to drop it, it was already defeated in the Senate once.

nevadamedic
06-24-2007, 06:58 PM

It's not just him, any Senator that votes for this bill is a traitor. The good thing is it looks like Lott may not vote for it like he did last time, I wonder why he changed his tune.

Gunny
06-24-2007, 07:01 PM
He just needs to drop it, it was already defeated in the Senate once.

Obviously, he isn't going to, hoping to pressure some of those who didn't support to last time to switch. What he isn't getting, but Congressional Republicans BETTER get, is ... they'll still be wanting votes after he's long gone on his Presidential pension.

If they want MY vote, they better be true to the ideal and not the man.

Kathianne
06-24-2007, 07:03 PM
Obviously, he isn't going to, hoping to pressure some of those who didn't support to last time to switch. What he isn't getting, but Congressional Republicans BETTER get, is ... they'll still be wanting votes after he's long gone on his Presidential pension.

I don't think may Rep are so true to Bush, but have built in pork to the bill. They really, really did underestimate the interest in this bill, the backlash is as bi-partisan as the bill itself.

nevadamedic
06-24-2007, 07:04 PM

Actually Bush isn't going to take a pension, he hasn't even taken a salary as President. But all of the Congressmen are up for re-election in 2008 and if they support this issue they are done.

nevadamedic
06-24-2007, 07:06 PM
I don't think may Rep are so true to Bush, but have built in pork to the bill. They really, really did underestimate the interest in this bill, the backlash is as bi-partisan as the bill itself.

Actually they are really loyal to hi,. He campaigned of all of them in the last election. If the pill passes in the Senate we are in real trouble. All of the Congressmen and women I have written so far support this bill.

Gunny
06-24-2007, 07:10 PM
Actually they are really loyal to hi,. He campaigned of all of them in the last election. If the pill passes in the Senate we are in real trouble. All of the Congressmen and women I have written so far support this bill.

No, if that bill passes the Senate, Bush will sign it, and the GOP will be in real trouble.

nevadamedic
06-24-2007, 07:18 PM
No, if that bill passes the Senate, Bush will sign it, and the GOP will be in real trouble.

I thought it had to go through Congress as well.

Kathianne
06-24-2007, 07:22 PM
I thought it had to go through Congress as well.

It must be reconciled with the House too. Why do so few understand our system? Arrrrgggg!

Kathianne
06-24-2007, 07:23 PM

I disagree. One thing about politicians, they don't care what someone has done, only what they can do.

nevadamedic
06-24-2007, 07:29 PM
It must be reconciled with the House too. Why do so few understand our system? Arrrrgggg!

Why don't you explain it pretty please? :) :cheers2:

Kathianne
06-24-2007, 07:35 PM
Why don't you explain it pretty please? :) :cheers2:

Was that sarcasm? I was just venting my consternation.

Gunny
06-24-2007, 07:51 PM

Isn't the House a bigger nest of liberal vipers than the Senate? I didn't really consider that it wouldn't get the rubber stamp from the House.

Kathianne
06-24-2007, 07:52 PM
Isn't the House a bigger nest of liberal vipers than the Senate? I didn't really consider that it wouldn't get the rubber stamp from the House.

The Senate is usually the more conservative of the two houses, true. On the other hand, the House is much more married to the voters, as they come up every two years.

Gunny
06-24-2007, 07:57 PM
The Senate is usually the more conservative of the two houses, true. On the other hand, the House is much more married to the voters, as they come up every two years.

It'd be nice if SOMEONE would listen to the voters.:laugh2:

Kathianne
06-24-2007, 08:01 PM
It'd be nice if SOMEONE would listen to the voters.:laugh2:

really!