PDA

View Full Version : Interesting video...

Guernicaa
06-24-2007, 08:21 PM
On Global Warming...This is an important video for BOTH liberals and conservatives to watch.
http://break.com/index/tough-to-argue.html

MtnBiker
06-24-2007, 08:48 PM
An over simplification of how intended polices could effect our freedoms and sovereignty as a nation based upon worst case scenarios of the future.

ps, I enjoyed watching the video, he put forth a reasonable arguement just not a convincing one. And he likes to drink alot of soda.

Guernicaa
06-25-2007, 11:16 AM
I like the way that he setup everything with the board.

The ClayTaurus
06-25-2007, 11:23 AM
Welcome to Pascal's Wager.

Abbey Marie
06-25-2007, 11:31 AM

Off topic: how's the new digs working out?

MtnBiker
06-25-2007, 01:20 PM

Yeah, that was ok just over simplified.

There were major points he left out.

1. He did nothing to convince the audience that global warming is man made. If man is not causing global warming then man's activity cannot slow or stop global warming.

2. He attempted to explain worst case scenarios for doing nothing about global warming and have dramatic climate change, yet he glosses over worst case scenarios of attempting change global warming. We are talking about "global warming" it stands to reason that a global beauraracy most likely an adjunt to the UN will need to be established to institute and police policies. This will lead to restriction on our freedoms and diminish our national sovereignty. Every tin horn dictator in the UN will be more than happy in reducing the US economic and military power down to nothing, to a point where we are all living in squaler and mud huts like the rest of the third world. How is that for worst case scenarios? Sounds absurd doesn't it? Well his worst case scenarios of global warming can be precieved as equally absurd based on what if arguements.

The ClayTaurus
06-25-2007, 01:20 PM
Off topic: how's the new digs working out?New digs?

MtnBiker
06-25-2007, 01:26 PM

Yes, very similar.

Abbey Marie
06-25-2007, 03:13 PM
New digs?

I thought I remembered that you bought a new place in Annapolis a couple of months ago. My mistake.

The ClayTaurus
06-25-2007, 03:29 PM
I thought I remembered that you bought a new place in Annapolis a couple of months ago. My mistake.Oh :) Moved almost a year ago, but didn't buy. We did spend this weekend tilling and reseeding the front lawn. Nothing like sweat-for-rent arrangements!

To answer your question, 'tis a great place; close to the water.

Abbey Marie
06-25-2007, 03:35 PM
Oh :) Moved almost a year ago, but didn't buy. We did spend this weekend tilling and reseeding the front lawn. Nothing like sweat-for-rent arrangements!

To answer your question, 'tis a great place; close to the water.

Awesome!

Where the heck is that "green with envy" smiley when I need it?

The ClayTaurus
06-25-2007, 03:40 PM
Awesome!

Where the heck is that "green with envy" smiley when I need it?:dance:

(apologies on the thread-jack)

Abbey Marie
06-25-2007, 03:43 PM
:dance:

I'm the culprit. Apologies from me, too. :salute:

glockmail
06-25-2007, 03:47 PM
He forgot the square that coincides with "slight possibility" and action of "tell all the liberals to shut up and embrace nuclear power, and create enough excess electrical capacity to make hydrogen, convert our fleet over from gas and diesel, and stop all imports of petrolem in the US".

Hagbard Celine
06-25-2007, 04:14 PM
:dance:

Apology accepted buddy >:-(