PDA

View Full Version : Schumer on Obamacare Then and Now

red states rule
12-02-2014, 03:08 AM
It is amazing to see how Dems "modify" their positions when reality finally sets in

Now Chucky Schumer is running away from Obamacare after waving the pom poms for it

Chucky then.....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jW_Yzah2wn0

Chucky now.....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jdtJNmYt74E

Kathianne
12-02-2014, 11:08 AM
I'm in favor of any Democrats that come out and admit they were wrong then and that the process from the beginning was wrong.

It used to be a sign of wisdom to know when mistakes were made and address how to fix them.

glockmail
12-02-2014, 11:35 AM
Yeah but...

Schumer is now saying it's wrong because it is hurting his chances at election. He's not concerned at all what the legislation is doing to his constituency, only what his constituency is doing to his chance of re-election.

It's pure populism. :laugh:

Kathianne
12-02-2014, 11:42 AM
Yeah but...

Schumer is now saying it's wrong because it is hurting his chances at election. He's not concerned at all what the legislation is doing to his constituency, only what his constituency is doing to his chance of re-election.

It's pure populism. :laugh:

Not necessarily. Indeed it may be more of an opening shot for others to come forward with what they know to be true. Bottom line is that the administration will do nothing to encouraging towards improving Congressional movement to getting some legislation done. Congressional leaders from both parties can do so.

aboutime
12-02-2014, 06:05 PM
I'm in favor of any Democrats that come out and admit they were wrong then and that the process from the beginning was wrong.

It used to be a sign of wisdom to know when mistakes were made and address how to fix them.

Kathianne. For as long as I have been following politics, and Schumer. Hearing what he said in this regard reminded me of the saying "Beware of Greeks bearing gifts."

In other words. I wouldn't trust ANY politician, more so, A democrat like Schumer.

And I'd prefer to remember Reagan's suggestion to Gorbechev .."Trust but Verify".

For those who have never heard the expression: http://www.historyrevealed.com/facts/why-we-say-beware-greeks-bearing-gifts

Kathianne
12-03-2014, 01:43 AM
So, you all think it's bad that Schumer says that Obamacare was configured wrongly, was the wrong approach to the problem, and that the administration wasted time, money, and gave less concentration to problems that h rrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr rrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr rrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr rrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr rrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr rrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr rrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrriii iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo ooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

red states rule
12-03-2014, 03:14 AM
Kat while I respect your opinion I have to say it is a very small chance Chucky is admitting an error with Obamacare.

He is a devoted big government liberal who lives to expand the size, control, and cost of government. He is devoted to wealth redistribution and punishing success. I believe his comments are more to distance himself from Obama and his failed Presidency

If there is one irrefutable fact, it is that FDR is not the Godfather of modern day liberalism - but P.T. Barnum. Because if you support any liberal these days - you are a sucker

aboutime
12-03-2014, 04:28 PM
So, you all think it's bad that Schumer says that Obamacare was configured wrongly, was the wrong approach to the problem, and that the administration wasted time, money, and gave less concentration to problems that h rrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr rrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr rrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr rrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr rrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr rrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr rrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrriii iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo ooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

??????????????????

aboutime
12-03-2014, 05:07 PM

??????????????????

Kathianne
12-03-2014, 07:31 PM
??????????????????
Honestly? I'd started a reply as you can see, then my daughter called and I must have depressed some keys. How I hit 'post'? Might have been the cat...

aboutime
12-03-2014, 08:07 PM
Honestly? I'd started a reply as you can see, then my daughter called and I must have depressed some keys. How I hit 'post'? Might have been the cat...

It's okay Kathianne. Talk about being really, really confused? I was. Tried every way I could to see what it was supposed to say.:laugh:
Thankfully! Time for a LUBE JOB on your keyboard????:laugh2:

red states rule
12-04-2014, 03:57 AM
It is becoming clear Dems, and now the liberal media, are now worried about their political power - not if Obamacare is working well. They are only interested in keeping their job - not the people

From the NY Times:

Is Obamacare Destroying the Democratic Party?

snip

Of the 60 Democratic senators (https://www.senate.gov/legislative/LIS/roll_call_lists/roll_call_vote_cfm.cfm?congress=111&session=1&vote=00396) who voted for Obamacare in 2010, 28 are no longer in office. Of course, not all of the retirements and defeats can be attributed to the advent of Obamacare, but the numbers are striking. The electoral scorecard suggests that Schumer may have less opposition than anticipated to his bid to shift the central concern of the party to more overtly economic issues.

Insofar as Democrats try to reduce hostility to Obamacare, they face two problems. The first is a Republican Party unwilling to support any legislation making the A.C.A. more palatable. The other is the danger that tinkering with any of the provisions that have provoked the strongest opposition (http://obamacarefacts.com/obamacare-taxes/) could eviscerate the legislation. Among the provisions that have stirred opposition are the requirement that most Americans get coverage, the tax on medical devices and the excise tax on expensive, high-quality private health coverage. Removing existing provisions would require replacing lost funding with new revenue sources, which could provoke anger from multiple constituencies.

As if Democrats do not already have enough trouble, data released (http://www.nytimes.com/2014/11/15/us/politics/cost-of-coverage-under-affordable-care-act-to-increase-in-2015.html) by the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services shows that many, if not most, of the seven million people who purchased insurance through the A.C.A. will either have to pay higher premiums or higher deductibles, or submit themselves to the complex process of switching plans.

Democrats have a lot going for them in presidential years. Nonetheless, at the moment you’d have to say that they have their work cut out for them.
Even though midterm elections favor Republicans, the 2014 results show middle- and working-class dissatisfaction with the Democratic Party rising to dangerous levels, which threatens the party’s growing demographic advantages.

<button class="button comments-button theme-speech-bubble" style="display: none;" data-skip-to-para-id="story-continues-8">Continue reading the main story (http://www.nytimes.com/2014/12/03/opinion/is-obamacare-destroying-the-democratic-party.html?_r=2#story-continues-8) Write A Comment </button>Perhaps most notably, Republican House candidates in 2014 won 37 percent (http://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2014/11/04/us/politics/2014-exit-polls.html) of the Hispanic vote, their highest percentage since Republicans rejected immigration reform in 2005, and a slight majority, 51-49, of Asian-American voters, who had been moving decisively in the Democrats’ favor. Asian-Americans and Hispanics are crucial to future Democratic presidential victories.

In combination with the growing Republican allegiance of whites, these trends raise the possibility that the Democratic plan for victory by demographics could implode, which would make the case for a full scale re-evaluation of its strategies and policies glaringly obvious.

http://www.nytimes.com/2014/12/03/opinion/is-obamacare-destroying-the-democratic-party.html?_r=2

red states rule
12-04-2014, 04:59 AM
Now the cancellation letters are starting to arrive for those who have health plans that meet the minimum "standards"

You know these people. They are the folks Harry Reid called LIARS. I wonder what Chucky would say to to this women and her family? Would he tell her the Dems were wrong, we are sorry, and we want to fix the many problems? Or would he repeat what Obama sneered to another cancellation victim and tell her to shop around

It finally arrived – the letter from my health (http://www.forbes.com/health/) insurance company announcing that my family will be moved to a new plan beginning January 1, that “meets all of the requirements of the Affordable Care Act” . . . for a mere $500 more a month.

I knew this was coming. Golden Rule has been sending me “warning” letters for months now. But really I’ve known this was coming for much longer – ever since Congress created the government-run, one-size-fits-all system known as ObamaCare. And I’ve watched as millions of others – like those on MyCancellation.com (http://www.mycancellation.com/) – have gone through the same ordeal of losing plans they liked and could afford.

Unfortunately a lot of the blame goes to my fellow women’s groups – not the Independent Women’s Forum (http://www.iwf.org/), of course – but progressive outlets like UltraViolet, NOW, Feminist Majority, and Emily’s List, which campaigned for expanding specific “rights” for women’s health care with no consideration for how these “benefits” would impact individual bank accounts, the economy, and our freedom.

It’s well-noted that women have unique healthcare needs. Not only do we require maternity care, but also we make the majority of decisions related to our family’s health care, take the majority of prescription drugs, and spend about two-thirds of the healthcare dollars. All of this is true for me personally.
But I’d argue that everyone has unique healthcare needs. In fact, no two people are exactly the same. I know this from experience. One might assume that my situation is typical of other women, but then I look at the women on my staff and see just how varied we are: One newly married without children, others just beginning families, still others whose family and situation might appear very similar to mine on the surface, but really have healthcare needs significantly different from mine.

This diversity is why we need a health care system that features flexibility and choice – rather than more top-down government control – so that we can each find plans and coverage that fit our specific needs as well as our budgets.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/sabrinaschaeffer/2014/12/02/my-familys-health-plan-was-cancelled-and-obamacares-one-size-fits-all-doesnt-fit-us/

red states rule
12-04-2014, 04:38 PM
Wow - Dems must be craping in their pants over the way the voters are seeing their party and their polices

Abandon Ship: Another Democratic Senator Admits Obamacare Was a Mistake

First came this frank and stunning analysis (http://townhall.com/tipsheet/guybenson/2014/11/26/schumer-in-retrospect-we-should-have-focused-on-the-economy-not-obamacare-n1923848) from Chuck Schumer, an evidently disgruntled member of Senate Democrats' leadership team. Now Iowa's Tom Harkin -- one of the ignominious 60 'yes' votes for Obamacare who will be replaced by conservative Republican Joni Ernst in January -- weighs in (http://hotair.com/archives/2014/12/03/harkin-yeah-obamacare-was-a-mistake/):

He wonders in hindsight whether the law was made overly complicated to satisfy the political concerns of a few Democratic centrists who have since left Congress. “We had the power to do it in a way that would have simplified healthcare, made it more efficient and made it less costly and we didn’t do it,” Harkin told The Hill. “So I look back and say we should have either done it the correct way or not done anything at all. “What we did is we muddle through and we got a system that is complex, convoluted, needs probably some corrections and still rewards the insurance companies extensively,” he added. … Harkin says in retrospect the Democratic-controlled Senate and House should have enacted a single-payer healthcare system or a public option to give the uninsured access to government-run health plans that compete with private insurance companies. “We had the votes in ’09. We had a huge majority in the House, we had 60 votes in the Senate,” he said.

Harkin regrets that Congressional Democrats didn't go for the gold and place the entire American healthcare system under complete government control. Because the feds have done such a bang-up job with government owned-and-operated healthcare systems for our veterans (http://townhall.com/tipsheet/guybenson/2014/05/13/va-scandal-testing-and-care-rationed-because-of-dollars-and-cents-n1837092) and Native Americans (http://http//online.wsj.com/articles/SB10001424052970203706604574376981533298534). And they've been terrific at keeping other massive single-payer-style systems solvent and sustainable (http://http//online.wsj.com/articles/SB10001424127887323393804578555461959256572). Politically speaking, Harkin is delusional if he thinks Democrats, even with their huge majorities, could have imposed fully nationalized healthcare back in 2010. Harry Reid barely corralled the requisite 60 votes for Obamacare, and he needed to employ tawdry buy-offs (http://www.forbes.com/sites/theapothecary/2012/03/06/the-4-billion-typo-in-obamacares-louisiana-purchase/) and bargains (http://www.politico.com/news/stories/1209/30815.html) to get there. Nancy Pelosi barely overcame dozens of defections (http://clerk.house.gov/evs/2010/roll165.xml) on Obamacare as it was written; she did not have the votes for a system-destroying "public option," let alone the full enchilada. Nevertheless, this is the second Senate Democrat to openly admit that the president's signature law was a political mistake and isn't working. One wonders how folks like Ben Nelson, Blanche Lincoln, Mark Pryor, Kay Hagan, Mark Begich, Mark Udall and others must feel. They stuck their necks out for Team Obama, then got mowed down by irate voters, with Obamacare front and center. It's one thing to fall on your legislative sword for a controversial but needed and successful law. Instead, they parroted party lies about legislation that remains as widely unpopular as ever (http://www.gallup.com/poll/179426/new-enrollment-period-starts-aca-approval.aspx), and is actively hurting (http://townhall.com/tipsheet/guybenson/2014/07/23/cnn-poll-twice-as-many-americans-hurt-by-obamacare-than-helped-n1865078) significantly more people (http://www.gallup.com/poll/178094/say-health-law-hurt-instead-helped.aspx) than it's helping. Bravo, guys. Thomas Edsall wonders in the New York Times if Obamacare is "destroying the Democratic Party. (http://www.nytimes.com/2014/12/03/opinion/is-obamacare-destroying-the-democratic-party.html)" He reviews in glorious detail the furious recriminations Schumer's assessment provoked by Obamacare's true believers, then looks ahead to future complications:

http://townhall.com/tipsheet/guybenson/2014/12/04/abandon-ship-another-democratic-senator-admits-obamacare-was-a-mistake-n1926842

Kathianne
12-04-2014, 08:17 PM
Just like the 1% have been the only winners under Obama; in the aftermath of Obamacare:

http://thehill.com/policy/healthcare/225614-gao-big-insurers-flourish-under-o-care

GAO: Biggest insurers flourishing under O-Care

By Sarah Ferris - 12/01/14 04:21 PM EST
Health insurance giants are eating up a bigger slice of the marketplace in most states, despite intense efforts under ObamaCare to increase competition.

The three largest insurance companies held an average of 86 percent of customers in the individual market last year, up from 83 percent in 2010, when the healthcare reform act was passed, according to a Monday report (http://www.gao.gov/assets/670/667245.pdf) from the Government Accountability Office.

The biggest companies held at least 95 percent of all customers in nearly a dozen states, including Alabama, Iowa, Kentucky and New Jersey.

The report found that the marketplace remained highly concentrated from 2010-2013, the latest year data was available, which shows the nation’s slow progress to dislodge long-standing insurance monopolies under the Affordable Care Act.

The findings are a blow to the Obama administration, which has touted lower costs and more options for millions across the country under the healthcare law...

red states rule
12-05-2014, 03:30 AM
Just like the 1% have been the only winners under Obama; in the aftermath of Obamacare:

http://thehill.com/policy/healthcare/225614-gao-big-insurers-flourish-under-o-care

This is not a shocker Kat - after all the insurance companies have all these new "customers". Old and sick customers for the most part

Of course tucked inside Obamacare is a promise to bail them out if they do not make enough profit

First the banks. Then the auto industry. Damn that hope and change is something else

As evidence mounts of a looming taxpayer-funded bailout of health insurance companies under ObamaCare, the urgency grows for Congress to take this possibility off the table for good.

As expected, ObamaCare's costs are rising, and health insurers are passing them along to patients in the form of higher premiums and deductibles.

Just this week, a majority of insurers offering health plans in Florida announced rate increases ranging from 11 to 23 percent. This means that if patients balk at paying this sharp increase and drop their coverage, these health insurers will have to make up the difference somehow.

Enter section 1342 of the ObamaCare law, which established so-called "risk corridors".

According to this provision, taxpayers will make up the difference for health insurance companies whose plans lose money under ObamaCare. Last November, as it became clearer what this section of the law actually meant, I introduced legislation repealing it and protecting taxpayers from being forced to cover insurers' ObamaCare losses.

Afterwards, as pressure from taxpayers mounted on the Obama administration, it announced that it had no intention of operating this bailout program at a net cost to the American people. As expected, health insurers and their lobbyists revolted. I called the administration's bluff, and introduced new legislation that would codify into law what they have promised and prohibit this "revenue neutrality" from being achieved through use of taxpayer funds. Not surprisingly, it's gone nowhere in the Democratically-controlled Senate, and the White House won't go anywhere near it.

In recent weeks, the public has learned that senior White House officials have been working closely with insurers behind the scenes to make sure that their earlier bailout deal, which helped assure ObamaCare's passage in 2010, would stand and that a taxpayer-funded bailout was still, in fact, on the table.

http://www.foxnews.com/opinion/2014/08/08/more-obamacare-woes-congress-must-act-to-block-health-insurance-bailout/

Jeff
12-05-2014, 07:20 AM

Hmmm Blame the dam cat , always a good one Kat :laugh: tell the truth you took the Jeff's typing class :laugh:

red states rule
12-08-2014, 04:16 AM
Add another liberal Dem who voted for Obamacare to the list of forced retirement by the voters

Amazing how many of these people who helped ram Obamacare down our throats are no loger in office (Yes I know some retired and 2 passed away) but is is clear the voters do have good memories and that may be why we see some Dems trying to wiggle off the hook right now

red states rule
12-09-2014, 03:05 AM
http://media.townhall.com/Townhall/Car/b/gv120714dAPR20141208014510.jpg

red states rule
12-10-2014, 04:27 AM
http://media.townhall.com/Townhall/Car/b/lb1209cd20141208093801.jpg