PDA

View Full Version : `Obama Offers New Standards on Police Gear`

LongTermGuy
12-06-2014, 01:05 AM
`Good thing too, he knows what's best.....................................:coffee:`

`At a meeting of civil rights leaders and law enforcement officials, President Obama described plans to address what he called a “simmering distrust” between police departments and people of color.
`

http://www.nytimes.com/2014/12/02/us/politics/obama-to-toughen-standards-on-police-use-of-military-gear.html

Kathianne
12-06-2014, 01:56 AM
I can't believe that my 'formative years' were colored, (pardon the pun), with the Civil Rights movement. My parents supported the movement, several times taking my brother and I with them. They supported the movement with their presence and financially.

Now my 'golden years' are finding a false movement gaining momentum, which will have a bad outcome for all. When there was a movement for righting what hadn't been accomplished by 'Reconstruction', the differences between Ferguson and NY would have been clear to all. Now? No.

Young people don't have the education to tell the difference, that these two grand juries came so close together, was serendipity in favor of the anarchists.