PDA

View Full Version : VA Hospital Axed Veteran Programs While Approving $1 Million In Bonuses

red states rule
12-06-2014, 08:38 AM
So the VA was going to get better

Obama was outraged over the treatment of our vets

R's and Dems approved BILLIONS more in funding to fix the problem. While this happened in June - It is still an outrage and I hvae not found where these vets are getting the care they DESERVE

Welcome to your government run healthcare system

The therapeutic aquatic pool had to go due to an alleged lack of funds at the Memphis Veterans Administration (VA) Medical Center, but over $1 million in bonuses were approved for its employees.

The facility allocated $1,005,644 in bonuses for its approximately 2,000 employees in fiscal year 2010, the Daily Caller reported (http://dailycaller.com/2014/06/02/va-hospital-axed-veteran-programs-while-approving-1-million-in-bonuses/?advD=1248,657753) Monday. The therapy pool was closed months earlier.

<ins class="adbladeads" id="adblade-mid-article" style="display: none;" data-tag-type="2" data-host="web.adblade.com" data-cid="6550-2342872274"></ins> “The Memphis VA Medical Center (http://www.washingtontimes.com/topics/memphis-va-medical-center/) is committed to honoring veterans with safe, high quality, accessible care earned through their service to the country,” a statement sent to the Daily Caller by the Veterans Integrated Services Network (VISN) 9 read. “By law, funds for specific purposes cannot be used for anything other than what they’ve been appropriated for. It is a management decision to consider the cost benefit of maintaining programs and services within the organization.”

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2014/jun/3/va-hospital-staff-got-1m-bonuses-while-therapy-poo/

aboutime
12-08-2014, 06:39 PM
Sticking to this subject on the thread. I have been retired from the navy since September, 1995. And since that time. Have been using civilian hospitals, and civilian doctors...despite my location very close (within 25 miles) and proximity to military medical services, while thankfully using TRICARE, authorized by the DOD.

Oddly enough. Today, in the mail at the mailbox. We received a membership card from the U.S. Dept. of Veterans Affairs....something called a "Choice Card", authorized by Obama, and Congress

"FOR THE FIRST TIME SINCE I LEFT ACTIVE DUTY IN THE NAVY"

Many of our fellow Veteran members will have, or may already have gotten the same information.

And OBAMA, with our Beloved CONGRESS has insisted How much they admire WE VETERANS?????

Really?

I guess they needed to do this to APPEASE all of us because of those BONUSES.....None of us will ever get.

red states rule
12-09-2014, 03:39 AM
Sticking to this subject on the thread. I have been retired from the navy since September, 1995. And since that time. Have been using civilian hospitals, and civilian doctors...despite my location very close (within 25 miles) and proximity to military medical services, while thankfully using TRICARE, authorized by the DOD.

Oddly enough. Today, in the mail at the mailbox. We received a membership card from the U.S. Dept. of Veterans Affairs....something called a "Choice Card", authorized by Obama, and Congress

"FOR THE FIRST TIME SINCE I LEFT ACTIVE DUTY IN THE NAVY"

Many of our fellow Veteran members will have, or may already have gotten the same information.

And OBAMA, with our Beloved CONGRESS has insisted How much they admire WE VETERANS?????

Really?

I guess they needed to do this to APPEASE all of us because of those BONUSES.....None of us will ever get.

Oh come on AT get with the program. It is all about priorities

Obama and his administration have to take care of the next big Dem voting block and they need money now

The Feds are hiring THOUSANDS of apps from illegals so they can become US citizens and vote. You are your fellow vets are low on the pecking order

http://www.debatepolicy.com/showthread.php?47888-Oh-Great-Feds-Hiring-Thousands-To-Process-Amnesty-Applications

Isn;t that hope and change wonderful AT?

aboutime
12-09-2014, 03:53 PM
Oh come on AT get with the program. It is all about priorities

Obama and his administration have to take care of the next big Dem voting block and they need money now

The Feds are hiring THOUSANDS of apps from illegals so they can become US citizens and vote. You are your fellow vets are low on the pecking order

http://www.debatepolicy.com/showthread.php?47888-Oh-Great-Feds-Hiring-Thousands-To-Process-Amnesty-Applications

Isn;t that hope and change wonderful AT?

Yeah! :laugh: My mistake. I wonder how long most Americans will take to realize how Obama has destroyed much of our military, when he, and Biden have to BEG The New Black Panthers to become our Armed Forces, defending a nation of crybabies who lose power to their WIDE-SCREEN TV's, while enemies like ISIS, and the MEXICAN CARTEL GANGS have free will in cities across the nation.
Will Obama move to GITMO by himself?:dance:

red states rule
12-09-2014, 04:18 PM
Yeah! :laugh: My mistake. I wonder how long most Americans will take to realize how Obama has destroyed much of our military, when he, and Biden have to BEG The New Black Panthers to become our Armed Forces, defending a nation of crybabies who lose power to their WIDE-SCREEN TV's, while enemies like ISIS, and the MEXICAN CARTEL GANGS have free will in cities across the nation.
Will Obama move to GITMO by himself?:dance:

AT you and your fellow vets are simply a drain on "scarce" government resources. Obama and the Dems would rather not honor the deal they made with you as they would rather make a deal with ILLEGALS. You see they are more likely to vote Democrat then you and your fellow vets

It is so sad but true

gabosaurus
12-09-2014, 04:43 PM
Bush obviously loved our veterans. That is why he created so many of them. :cool:

red states rule
12-09-2014, 04:46 PM
Bush obviously loved our veterans. That is why he created so many of them. :cool:

Bush may have created them but Obama is KILLING them

I am sure given your past posts about the US military you are pleased with his record so far. Frees up more government money for ILLEGALS

aboutime
12-09-2014, 04:59 PM

Yeah gabby. And he knew home grown enemies in your state, like you, would treat all veterans like crap as well. There is strength in numbers. And your number is always gonna be ZERO.

red states rule
12-09-2014, 05:02 PM
Yeah gabby. And he knew home grown enemies in your state, like you, would treat all veterans like crap as well. There is strength in numbers. And your number is always gonna be ZERO.

AT I would not call Gabby a home grown enemy

She is young and thus a liberal

That is one of the main differences between conservatives an liberals. Conservatives grew out of their adolescence

aboutime
12-09-2014, 05:09 PM
AT I would not call Gabby a home grown enemy

She is young and thus a liberal

That is one of the main differences between conservatives an liberals. Conservatives grew out of their adolescence

My mistake. I forgot Children are supposed to be SEEN and Not HEARD. But some children are just brats like her.

red states rule
12-09-2014, 05:10 PM
My mistake. I forgot Children are supposed to be SEEN and Not HEARD. But some children are just brats like her.

You are getting warmer AT :laugh2:

aboutime
12-09-2014, 05:13 PM
You are getting warmer AT :laugh2:

red state. This reminded me. Talking about gabby's immaturity. I have moles on my butt older than her.

jimnyc
12-09-2014, 05:14 PM

And yet another thread with "Bush". You are literally turning into "Truthmatters part 2".

red states rule
12-09-2014, 05:16 PM
red state. This reminded me. Talking about gabby's immaturity. I have moles on my butt older than her.

Back to the original topic - AT I knew the Dems did not have much affection for our militarily but I never dreamed they would sit back and let them DIE waiting for treatment

No wonder fewer people are signing up. How the hell can anyone trust the Feds to keep their word?

aboutime
12-09-2014, 05:20 PM
Back to the original topic - AT I knew the Dems did not have much affection for our militarily but I never dreamed they would sit back and let them DIE waiting for treatment

No wonder fewer people are signing up. How the hell can anyone trust the Feds to keep their word?

Sad thing is, when everything is considered. This VA stuff has been happening since the end of WWII. Korean veterans were ignored almost all together. Vietnam vets are still being ignored. Agent Orange treatments only began Honestly...after the Gulf War, when many veterans got home, and experienced the same kinds of ailments that UNCLE SAM tried to ignore again.

Now, we have a Pretender, and Congress who CLAIM they want to help "THEIR VETS", but how tall can anyone honestly stack SHIT, till somebody calls it what it is.?

red states rule
12-09-2014, 05:23 PM
Sad thing is, when everything is considered. This VA stuff has been happening since the end of WWII. Korean veterans were ignored almost all together. Vietnam vets are still being ignored. Agent Orange treatments only began Honestly...after the Gulf War, when many veterans got home, and experienced the same kinds of ailments that UNCLE SAM tried to ignore again.

Now, we have a Pretender, and Congress who CLAIM they want to help "THEIR VETS", but how tall can anyone honestly stack SHIT, till somebody calls it what it is.?

What an outrage

Now under Obama terrorists have better health care then our vets

http://www.debatepolicy.com/showthread.php?47956-Al-Qaeda-terrorists-at-Guantanamo-treated-better-than-our-vets