PDA

View Full Version : Fresh venison in the downstairs fridge

glockmail
12-07-2014, 07:32 PM
Bagged this one last night. Very little damage to one thigh, so fresh there was steam coming off it after I opened up the gut.
http://www.debatepolicy.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=6869&stc=1

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
12-07-2014, 07:48 PM
Bagged this one last night. Very little damage to one thigh, so fresh there was steam coming off it after I opened up the gut.
http://www.debatepolicy.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=6869&stc=1

Man, that's gonna be some mighty fine eating!!!
Been two years since I've had venison.. Last I ate was in chili.
My oldest brother cooks deer tenderloin, biscuits and his special gravy to die for . -Tyr

aboutime
12-07-2014, 07:49 PM
Love it! Our oldest (Marine) Son made venison stew for yesterday's dinner. It fell apart, and melted in your mouth. Better than any Beef I remember lately.

glockmail
12-07-2014, 08:07 PM
Nothing like fresh wildlife for dinner. It may not be hunting season, but it sure as hell is driving season. I'm letting this cure for a week before I start digging in.

aboutime
12-07-2014, 08:22 PM
Nothing like fresh wildlife for dinner. It may not be hunting season, but it sure as hell is driving season. I'm letting this cure for a week before I start digging in.

Our son shot it last Monday about 7:30 in the A.M. West of Fredricksburg, Va. He said he hit it about shoulder high, and spent an hour trying to find it after it ran off.

It was surprisingly tasty. No bitterness, and plenty for everybody.

glockmail
12-07-2014, 08:39 PM
Our son shot it last Monday about 7:30 in the A.M. West of Fredricksburg, Va. He said he hit it about shoulder high, and spent an hour trying to find it after it ran off.

It was surprisingly tasty. No bitterness, and plenty for everybody.
I've never gone hunting in my life. Too much work! But at least he got some exercise.

aboutime
12-07-2014, 08:49 PM
I've never gone hunting in my life. Too much work! But at least he got some exercise.

Agreed. The last time I went hunting, I was still a teenager. That was before I went in the navy in 1964. Had a few close calls, but never brought anything home. Takes special patience, and you should be in good physical shape before going out there. Not for everybody.

Jeff
12-08-2014, 05:22 AM
Our Hunting season ends Jan1, the freezer in the kitchen is full as is the one in the shop and if lucky enough I will buy a new freezer before Jan 1 to hold some more. I like to get about 5 deer a year along with a couple of wild Hogs, raise a calf ( or 2 ) and have them slaughtered and ya never have to eat the chemicals that come in the meats ya buy at the store !!