PDA

View Full Version : Landrieu: "If you don't like Obamacare, you can unelect me."

Little-Acorn
12-08-2014, 03:37 AM
That's what Sen. Mary Landrieu (D-LA) said, not to long before her election, referring to all elected Senators and Congressmen.

Mary, your proposal is accepted.

Anything else you'd like to suggest we do?

(Do you think she'll ever take the hint?)

----------------------------------------------------

http://www.nrsc.org/blog/landrieu-wants-her-election-to-be-obamacare-referendum

Landrieu Wants Her Election To Be ObamaCare Referendum

This week, Senator Mary Landrieu took to the Senate floor to reassure Louisianans of her unwavering support for ObamaCare. And if you don't like it, she says "unelect" her.

"....We did not wake up one morning and declare this the law. The people of the United States declared this through us as their Representatives. If they do not like it, they can unelect us. Believe me, they will have a great chance because I am up for reelection right now. They will be able to do that. But that is the way you do it."

" ...Contrary to popular belief and what FOX News said, people here read the bills. For 40 years we read the bills. But we did not have to read the bills; all we had to do was look at the faces of kids dying of cancer who had no way to get cured...I don't need to read a bill. I listen to my constituents. That is what this is about."
Landrieu stands defiant of the facts and the wishes of her constituents.

Fact is: More than 60% of Louisianans oppose ObamaCare. It will impact middle-class Louisianans across the state: from the employers who are forced to cut workers and hours to avoid higher costs; to Louisianans in the individual insurance market, where the costs of the average plan will increase $1,176 a year.

Landrieu refuses to believe it.

red states rule
12-08-2014, 04:20 AM
It is clear the voters did not like Obamacare, did not like Mary, and while they could not get rid of Obamacare - they did get rid of Mary

Enjoy your free time Mary and continue to blame racism and sexism for your defeat and Obama low approval numbers

fj1200
12-08-2014, 08:52 AM
http://www.nrsc.org/blog/landrieu-wants-her-election-to-be-obamacare-referendum

" ...Contrary to popular belief and what FOX News said, people here read the bills. For 40 years we read the bills. But we did not have to read the bills; all we had to do was look at the faces of kids dying of cancer who had no way to get cured...I don't need to read a bill. I listen to my constituents. That is what this is about."

ACA legislated a cure for cancer? That's pretty cool.

OK, who didn't get the sarcasm?

NightTrain
12-08-2014, 09:58 AM
ACA legislated a cure for cancer? That's pretty cool.

OK, who didn't get the sarcasm?

Yep. Democrats have given us Civil Rights, the Internet, and the Cure for Cancer.

As far as Mary goes, it would have been cool to have a campaign posters with those words "If you don't like Obamacare, you can unelect me." with a line below saying, "Challenge Accepted!"

CSM
12-08-2014, 10:22 AM
Yep. Democrats have given us Civil Rights, the Internet, and the Cure for Cancer.

As far as Mary goes, it would have been cool to have a campaign posters with those words "If you don't like Obamacare, you can unelect me." with a line below saying, "Challenge Accepted!"

"Message received.....reply Sent ... acknowledge.... over"

red states rule
12-09-2014, 02:49 AM
and of course the excuses are coming in as to why Mary lost by a wide margin. And the reasons have nothing to do with how Mary votedm and represented her constituents.

TIME Cites Professor Who Grouses Landrieu Didn't Campaign On Liberal Issues

Democrat Mary Landrieu might have stood a better chance of victory had she run on touchstone liberal Democratic issues.
That was the argument of a Louisiana political science professor whom Time magazine's Alex Rogers turned to for comment in its post-mortem of the senior Louisiana senator's landslide loss on Saturday to Republican Rep. Bill Cassidy.
<center>
[S]he also could have run a better campaign. A few weeks ago she tried to display her clout as head of the Senate Committee on Energy and Natural Resources by pushing through a bill to approve the Keystone XL pipeline, which failed by one vote. Even if it had gone through it wouldn’t have helped her much, says Joshua Stockley, an assistant professor of political science at the University of Louisiana at Monroe.

“I think that was a bad decision,” he said. “Here in Louisiana the average voter isn’t running around thinking ‘Man, I really wish we had a pipeline right now. Man, I really think oil and gas were cheaper.’ We’re already dealing with the lowest price per bill we’ve seen in decades. … Our day to day conversations aren’t dictated by the Keystone pipeline.”

Stockley says thatshe could have better emphasized issues like raising the minimum wage, the Lilly Ledbetter Fair Pay Act, Violence Against Women Act and her efforts to keep some major military bases afloat and to reduce college debt. It’s clear, however, that despite Landrieu’s campaigning on these and other issues, one broad statistic—“Mary Landrieu voted with Obama 97% of the time”—was the major theme in the race.

- See more at: http://newsbusters.org/blogs/ken-shepherd/2014/12/08/time-cites-professor-who-grouses-landrieu-didnt-campaign-liberal#sthash.WtZ29Bms.dpuf
<tbody>

<center data-ps-proxyof="6"></center>

<center data-ps-proxyof="6"></center>

</tbody>

</center>

and the ol' standby race card is played

MSNBC Guest Blames Landrieu Loss On White Racism

On Saturday night, Senator Mary Landrieu (D-La.) lost her bid for reelection to Congressman Bill Cassidy (R-La.) by nearly 12 points and some liberals decided to blame her defeat on white racists who hate President Obama.

Appearing on MSNBC’s The Rundown with Jose Diaz-Balart on Monday morning, Aisha Moodie-Mills of the Center for American Progress insisted that “the reality, and every single poll shows this, is that Democrats have completely lost the south because white people are running away from Barack Obama and this African-American man who is occupying the White House.”

http://newsbusters.org/blogs/jeffrey-meyer/2014/12/08/msnbc-guest-blames-landrieu-loss-white-racism#sthash.mzUcBj99.dpuf

aboutime
12-09-2014, 02:18 PM
All that matters now is....SHE'S GONE, DONE, DOWN THE SAME RIVER SHE SENT HER PEOPLE. :clap:

red states rule
12-10-2014, 05:11 AM
Mary was not the only one who lost big

http://media.townhall.com/Townhall/Car/b/mrz120714dAPR20141205114801.jpg