PDA

View Full Version : Took the kids to Chicago :)

darin
12-08-2014, 03:35 PM
Pics of me and the kids (and my brother, who flew-in from Seattle) spending Saturday in Chicago! Whirlwind trip, but I loved it.

darin
12-08-2014, 03:37 PM
Couple more

Kathianne
12-08-2014, 03:41 PM
Chicago/IL has more than a few problems; but when it comes to way awesome for people, architecture, things to do, it's second to no city.

The museums are to die for, so are the restaurants. Shopping is epic.

Jeff
12-08-2014, 03:47 PM
Thanks for posting dmp, I have been to Chicago many times but never to see the decent area's, I would be in the industrial area delivering and honestly it wasn't so desirable to say the least, Pic's look beautiful and it looks like a beautiful city, glad y'all had a good time. :thumb:

Anton Chigurh
12-08-2014, 03:57 PM
Chi-town is a great place to visit.

Kathianne
12-08-2014, 04:13 PM
Chi-town is a great place to visit.

Yeah, that's what those in the suburbs always say, 'wouldn't want to live there, (unless rich), but more than great to visit.

I've posted many a time about the museums, shopping, and eats.

Really the museums rule! Starting with the Art Institute, but there are so many.

Anton Chigurh
12-08-2014, 04:26 PM
Yeah, that's what those in the suburbs always say, 'wouldn't want to live there, (unless rich), but more than great to visit.

I've posted many a time about the museums, shopping, and eats.

Really the museums rule! Starting with the Art Institute, but there are so many.The UIC Pavilion - Where I saw the Road Warriors, Ric Flair, Terry Funk, Dick Murdoch, the Four Horsemen including my fellow West Texas State alum Tully Blanchard.... Pouring out the blood, sweat and tears to the happy throng of about 800 at a WCW event back in 1989.

Good times.

Kathianne
12-08-2014, 04:44 PM
The UIC Pavilion - Where I saw the Road Warriors, Ric Flair, Terry Funk, Dick Murdoch, the Four Horsemen including my fellow West Texas State alum Tully Blanchard.... Pouring out the blood, sweat and tears to the happy throng of about 800 at a WCW event back in 1989.

Good times.
One of my alma maters. LOL! It was a dicey campus back when, but as predicted has become a force in both intellegensia but also in specific disiplines such as sociology, political science, and police science.

While the above are 'new' specialities of rank, the awards regarding contemporary music, etc. aren't new.

Anton Chigurh
12-08-2014, 05:37 PM
Also in '89 I walked up and down S. Halstead St. going into all the clubs and bars... Black Resistol felt hat, boots and jeans.

Wouldn't think about trying that today though.

Kathianne
12-08-2014, 09:02 PM
Also in '89 I walked up and down S. Halstead St. going into all the clubs and bars... Black Resistol felt hat, boots and jeans.

Wouldn't think about trying that today though.

Safer now then than. Little Italy is gone, metro is probably now passe. But whatever is cool is to be found and crime is lower than earlier.

Anton Chigurh
12-08-2014, 09:40 PM
Safer now then than. Little Italy is gone, metro is probably now passe. But whatever is cool is to be found and crime is lower than earlier.Should have said north and near north. From the rows of bars and restaurants all the way down to and past Cabrini Green.

South Halstead has its rough edges too but at night it's pretty tame next to near north side. At least, back then it was.

Kathianne
12-08-2014, 09:56 PM
Should have said north and near north. From the rows of bars and restaurants all the way down to and past Cabrini Green.

South Halstead has its rough edges too but at night it's pretty tame next to near north side. At least, back then it was.

Coming off I-90, Little Italy to South, Greek Town to North at Halstead.

Go to LSD or Michigan Ave, North or South find great eats.

LSD to 55th, a new experience of nouveu cuisine.

Not even getting into the neighborhoods, competition of above, and carts.

Anton Chigurh
12-08-2014, 10:29 PM
Been so long since I visited for any amount of time I really wouldn't know. Went through back in 2007, came in via I-55, went through downtown, then down lake shore drive to the turnpike, and out.

Abbey Marie
12-09-2014, 12:09 PM
Geez, Darin, your kids got so big! Your daughter looks about 17 now.

Two questions: Where is the pic of your brother, and who is the woman?

darin
12-09-2014, 01:26 PM
Thanks honey - Alaina is 15 now; ethan will be 13 in January.

I'm unsure I have any pics of Duane - I'll look again.

The redhead is a close friend - she funded the trip for me and the kids as a birthday present :)