PDA

View Full Version : `Interacting with the police`

LongTermGuy
12-10-2014, 09:24 PM
`When having contact with the police:

*Be polite and respectful (Even if the officer is not)

Don’t lie if asked a direct question. If answering truthfully would implicate you in illegal activity, politely decline to answer the question.

If asked, “Do you know why I stopped you--why we are here?” The correct answer is, “No.” (You are not a mind reader, after all, and you are under no obligation to make his case against you)

Don’t get into a pissing contest. (You won’t win)

`If the officer requests to search your person or car, you probably don't have to allow it (or your permission wouldn't be requested). However, if you have "nothing to hide," it may be expedient to give permission. If there is something you would rather not be found, state "I do not consent to any searches."

Comply promptly with the officer’s requests/directives/commands. (If you feel the need to verbally question or dispute the request, do so politely *while* complying. If you feel the officer’s requests or actions are illegal or improper, there are various avenues you may pursue at a later time)

***The above includes if being placed under arrest. Don’t resist or be non-compliant in any way. Don’t back away, pull away, or offer physical resistance. If arrested, STFU and contact a lawyer when afforded the opportunity to do so.`

Said1
12-21-2014, 05:35 PM
Fuck the police.

LongTermGuy
12-21-2014, 08:57 PM
Fuck the police.

`Really?....Just do as one pleases ehh?....Thats how one usually ends up... with `that mind-set`... getting "FOOCKED"...and deservingling so.... `

red state
12-21-2014, 10:03 PM
`When having contact with the police:

*Be polite and respectful (Even if the officer is not)

Don’t lie if asked a direct question. If answering truthfully would implicate you in illegal activity, politely decline to answer the question.

If asked, “Do you know why I stopped you--why we are here?” The correct answer is, “No.” (You are not a mind reader, after all, and you are under no obligation to make his case against you)

Don’t get into a pissing contest. (You won’t win)

`If the officer requests to search your person or car, you probably don't have to allow it (or your permission wouldn't be requested). However, if you have "nothing to hide," it may be expedient to give permission. If there is something you would rather not be found, state "I do not consent to any searches."

Comply promptly with the officer’s requests/directives/commands. (If you feel the need to verbally question or dispute the request, do so politely *while* complying. If you feel the officer’s requests or actions are illegal or improper, there are various avenues you may pursue at a later time)

***The above includes if being placed under arrest. Don’t resist or be non-compliant in any way. Don’t back away, pull away, or offer physical resistance. If arrested, STFU and contact a lawyer when afforded the opportunity to do so.`

I'm not gonna say what SAID1 did and I'm not loopy over the injustices of the Po, PO like Rev is much of the time but I will disagree with much of the above (to a certain extent). FIRSTLY, I will not be respectful if the cop isn't. He works for ME and part of the problem is that WE Americans have forgotten that the gov. works for us and not the other way around. SECONDLY, I don't show my @$$ or get into a "pissing contest" but as for winning or losing, that depends on the circumstances and the person as to whether I would win or lose. It also depends on where. I am friends with our sheriff, best of friends with the MMA trainer for our local police and (if in the right place) have a nephew on the Melborne Police Dept. THIRDLY, I do NOT have to allow a search and for the officer to try, will open up a can or start something more than a "pissing contest". I will say, however, that I have allowed a search or two......brief and insignificant but allowed. Again, it depends on the conduct of the officer and if he's a jerk (as MANY are) he's not getting respect or permission to search anything but a way to get my boot out (possibly and under the right conditions). LASTLY, if an officer is to arrest me.....it best be for a good reason or he's going to get a good reason. This is why we have technology that usually clears things up pretty quick. It is simply not safe to place your life in someone else's hands and, depending on a number of variables, I'm not subjecting myself or my family to something "fishy" or tyrannical.

If I've come off too REV-like, that is just the way it is but I do agree that we should treat cops with respect cuz they represent the law. On the other hand, respect is something to EARN and share (mutually). One should always remember the danger and frustration they go through every day but not at the expense of our RIGHTS and their forgetting that they work for the people. i'm not the dog to kick simply because the cop had a rough day....not gonna happen.

LongTermGuy
12-21-2014, 10:07 PM
`It aint easy being LEO...................................

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
12-21-2014, 10:18 PM
I'm not gonna say what SAID1 did and I'm not loopy over the injustices of the Po, PO like Rev is much of the time but I will disagree with much of the above (to a certain extent). FIRSTLY, I will not be respectful if the cop isn't. He works for ME and part of the problem is that WE Americans have forgotten that the gov. works for us and not the other way around. SECONDLY, I don't show my @$$ or get into a "pissing contest" but as for winning or losing, that depends on the circumstances and the person as to whether I would win or lose. It also depends on where. I am friends with our sheriff, best of friends with the MMA trainer for our local police and (if in the right place) have a nephew on the Melborne Police Dept. THIRDLY, I do NOT have to allow a search and for the officer to try, will open up a can or start something more than a "pissing contest". I will say, however, that I have allowed a search or two......brief and insignificant but allowed. Again, it depends on the conduct of the officer and if he's a jerk (as MANY are) he's not getting respect or permission to search anything but a way to get my boot out (possibly and under the right conditions). LASTLY, if an officer is to arrest me.....it best be for a good reason or he's going to get a good reason. This is why we have technology that usually clears things up pretty quick. It is simply not safe to place your life in someone else's hands and, depending on a number of variables, I'm not subjecting myself or my family to something "fishy" or tyrannical.

If I've come off too REV-like, that is just the way it is but I do agree that we should treat cops with respect cuz they represent the law. On the other hand, respect is something to EARN and share (mutually). One should always remember the danger and frustration they go through every day but not at the expense of our RIGHTS and their forgetting that they work for the people. i'm not the dog to kick simply because the cop had a rough day....not gonna happen.

I've been arrested four times for assault, never ever for anything but fighting.. . Each time I was handcuffed and knew that in that condition I was completely at the mercy of the cop that had me. All four times I did actually stomp the guy so I did not resist arrest.
I did however have great apprehension about being under the control of two of the arresting cops because they were both very shady individuals. Back in my youth most fights were settled without calling in the cops. Only candy-ass losers cried and called the cops which was what happened each of those four arrests. I never ever served a day in jail after any of the court hearing on those 4 cases.
As I proved self-defense in each , having never thrown the first punch.
Always dicey to be at some other person' mercy by being handcuffed. A very unpleasant feeling when one knows they have many enemies .. One I did always strive to avoid. -Tyr