PDA

View Full Version : Protect & Serve

Pages : 1 [2] 3 4

aboutime
09-28-2015, 03:52 PM
Another dummy meets his maker. Adios!

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="http://www.liveleak.com/ll_embed?f=84cd074ca3aa" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

That's what they call "Suicide by Cop"! Plain and simple. But of course. The narrow minded only see the cops shooting.

indago
09-28-2015, 04:55 PM
That's what they call "Suicide by Cop"! Plain and simple. But of course. The narrow minded only see the cops shooting.

Was there somebody else shooting there besides the cops?

aboutime
09-28-2015, 05:08 PM
Was there somebody else shooting there besides the cops?

Typical example of your low comprehension factor indago.

aboutime
09-28-2015, 07:56 PM
http://youtu.be/b3n1JnFUhrI

revelarts
09-28-2015, 09:14 PM
Nah... find excuses when cops are shot.
I worked for city gov't and have attended memorials and work in the preparations memorials for LEOs so don't take my lack of commentary on police deaths as "ignoring".
Personally I don't see much memorializing of LEOs on the board here. IMO there deaths seem to be used more as political wood here so I choose not to add to that kind of conversation.

But do you mind quoting those on the board that you say have been finding "excuses when cops are shot"?
Also I wonder why you ...or maybe it's others.... never comment on the times when LEOs are praised in this thread either.

indago
09-28-2015, 11:03 PM
Typical example of your low comprehension factor indago.

Another SNIVEL (http://www.debatepolicy.com/showthread.php?49744-The-aboutime-and-Gunny-Snivel-Thread)

Gunny
09-29-2015, 12:14 AM
I worked for city gov't and have attended memorials and work in the preparations memorials for LEOs so don't take my lack of commentary on police deaths as "ignoring".
Personally I don't see much memorializing of LEOs on the board here. IMO there deaths seem to be used more as political wood here so I choose not to add to that kind of conversation.

But do you mind quoting those on the board that you say have been finding "excuses when cops are shot"?
Also I wonder why you ...or maybe it's others.... never comment on the times when LEOs are praised in this thread either.

WTF is a "LEO"? Sounds like a zodiac sign to me.

Let's cut to the chase: I look at shooting a cop like shooting a Marine. While there are those that abuse their authority, most of us are there to serve and protect.

Why don't you try getting your politics out of my Marine Corps AND the police force? That would work like a charm and free us up to do our damned jobs.

Cops are stuck writing tickets to make money for the city/county/state. It's as simple as that. How about they get to go after real criminals? Novel idea?

indago
09-29-2015, 01:09 AM
WTF is a "LEO"? Sounds like a zodiac sign to me.

Law Enforcement Officer

Why don't you try getting your politics out of my Marine Corps AND the police force? That would work like a charm and free us up to do our damned jobs.

http://i60.tinypic.com/24dfr46.jpg
"Jes' doin' mah job!"

Gunny
09-29-2015, 01:20 AM
Law Enforcement Officer

http://i60.tinypic.com/24dfr46.jpg
"Jes' doin' mah job!"

Miss my earlier post? Cops ain't on my list. I can't stand them. They have a job t do. I an=m and always have been against their excessive use of force. Been a victim of it. But you can't just put the ones they show on TV out for sensationalism.

aboutime
09-29-2015, 01:25 PM
Another SNIVEL (http://www.debatepolicy.com/showthread.php?49744-The-aboutime-and-Gunny-Snivel-Thread)

Love it when the TRUTH bites you, and you call it Snivel. Name calling is just so...Liberal of you. And it allows you to avoid putting yourself in any position where you might Honestly answer.

indago
09-30-2015, 05:13 AM
From The Associated Press 29 September 2015:
---------------------------------------------------------------
Touched by the plight of a homeless man forced to walk several hours a day to his job, a Kansas police officer stepped up with a gesture that brought the man to tears. Roeland Park officer Zack Stamper says he was just doing his job last week when he gave Samuel Meixueiro a bicycle to ride to and from the man's work as a liquor store cashier. Stamper threw in a duffel bag to replace Meixuero's suitcase, which had a broken zipper.
---------------------------------------------------------------

article (http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories/U/US_HOMELESS_MAN_OFFICERS_GESTURE?SITE=AP&SECTION=HOME&TEMPLATE=DEFAULT&CTIME=2015-09-29-19-03-19)

indago
09-30-2015, 05:18 AM
Love it when the TRUTH bites you, and you call it Snivel. Name calling is just so...Liberal of you. And it allows you to avoid putting yourself in any position where you might Honestly answer.

It is difficult to answer to a SNIVEL (http://www.debatepolicy.com/showthread.php?49744-The-aboutime-and-Gunny-Snivel-Thread&p=735589#post735589)

Nonnie
09-30-2015, 07:30 AM
Do You Know...There are Far More professional and honorable Peace Officers than there are rogues? I'd gauge it at 98% good. Humans are not 100% good...None of Us!

Why is it only the bad ones get the publicity? Rarely Do the ones that Serve, Protect, and Defend get the Huff-Po headlines. I guess honest serving is not an important topic for liberal rags.

Do You know...every time a Cop straps on his belt, wears his badge and goes to duty, that he is a target? And, that he has a family that hopes he comes home alive after each shift, not knowing what kind of idiot he might face in his 12 hour shift?

Do You Know...that some cultures in this USA teach their kids to disrespect Peace Officers, Firefighters, or any symbol of authority? Even we Coasties get that - and My mission is Search and Rescue! Why do Black urban adults, married or unmarried, Hispancic urban adults, married or unmarried, demonstrate to their offspring defiance of law?

There is the problem↑

In the UK, our media and TV programmes tend to focus on the negative aspects of American police officers. So they tend to be seen as authority crazy, gun tooting law enforcement vigilantes. That's just my view from someone on the outside looking in.

Nonnie
09-30-2015, 07:40 AM

So let me get this straight, at worst, rather than two officers shoot a guy about 8 times for running at them with a knife big enough to sharpen pencils, why not 1 bullet to the leg?

Or better still, are the police not man enough to tackle a guy by hand? To me, that video just highlights how dreadful that policing incident was handled.

Gunny
09-30-2015, 10:12 PM
So let me get this straight, at worst, rather than two officers shoot a guy about 8 times for running at them with a knife big enough to sharpen pencils, why not 1 bullet to the leg?

Or better still, are the police not man enough to tackle a guy by hand? To me, that video just highlights how dreadful that policing incident was handled.

Never been under duress, huh? First, cops can't shoot worth sh*t. Shooting a piece of paper ain't the same a real time.

You have NO idea how fast a firefight happens. You ain't just copping a leg. I'm going center mass. You can marginalize their weapon all you want but it will STILL kill others. I could take you out with the pencil and leave the knife home.

You stand there with some whackjob running at you with a weapon, I know what I'm doing. I ain't waiting on no cops to investigate how I got murdered.

jimnyc
10-01-2015, 05:45 AM

Gunny says he would go for center mass, and that's exactly how they are trained - to shoot center and for the most mass. Cops aren't going to shoot for legs or hands. The only time they will go to only disable is if they are using a taser, but they aren't using a taser against a knife.

As for minimizing the size of a weapon - I saw many videos this year alone of ISIS cutting off heads, and rather quickly, with nothing more than small pocket knives. I've also seen stories/videos of people dying from fairly small stab wounds in the torso area that hit vital organs. Not something I would want to take a chance with.

Motown
10-01-2015, 06:06 AM
In the UK, our media and TV programmes tend to focus on the negative aspects of American police officers. So they tend to be seen as authority crazy, gun tooting law enforcement vigilantes. That's just my view from someone on the outside looking in.

I think that description is a little over the top but it's not entirely inaccurate. More than one person in this thread has said that most cops are good but it's the bad ones that get the publicity. I don't think most of them are good. I think there are some good ones, there are some bad ones, but most of them are ethically ambiguous. There's a reason these stories gain traction and it's not abused minorities, it's the fact that many people have problems with what the police have become whether they're out beating people or just writing people up for minor offenses knowing full well that the punishment will far outweigh the seriousness of the crime.

indago
10-01-2015, 07:04 AM
Journalist J. David Goodman wrote for the New York Times 29 September 2015:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Adrian Schoolcraft, a New York City police officer who secretly recorded his superiors at his Brooklyn precinct and disclosed the manipulation of crime reports, will receive $600,000 as part of a settlement reached with the city on Tuesday over his arrest and forced hospitalization. The federal suit, which included allegations of a quota system at the Police Department, rampant misconduct in the taking of crime reports and a culture of retaliation against whistle-blowers, was filed in 2010 and had been about to go to trial.

...The settlement does not cover portions of the suit involving Jamaica Hospital and two doctors in its psychiatric ward who treated Officer Schoolcraft against his will. That case is set to go to trial next month.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

article (http://www.nytimes.com/2015/09/30/nyregion/officer-who-disclosed-police-misconduct-settles-suit.html?ref=todayspaper)

Gunny
10-03-2015, 03:40 PM
Journalist J. David Goodman wrote for the New York Times 29 September 2015:
Adrian Schoolcraft, a New York City police officer who secretly recorded his superiors at his Brooklyn precinct and disclosed the manipulation of crime reports, will receive $600,000 as part of a settlement reached with the city on Tuesday over his arrest and forced hospitalization. The federal suit, which included allegations of a quota system at the Police Department, rampant misconduct in the taking of crime reports and a culture of retaliation against whistle-blowers, was filed in 2010 and had been about to go to trial.

...The settlement does not cover portions of the suit involving Jamaica Hospital and two doctors in its psychiatric ward who treated Officer Schoolcraft against his will. That case is set to go to trial next month.

article (http://www.nytimes.com/2015/09/30/nyregion/officer-who-disclosed-police-misconduct-settles-suit.html?ref=todayspaper)

Give the cut n paste crap a rest and say something. You're as bad as the MSM. All you present is one side.

aboutime
10-03-2015, 03:52 PM
Still waiting for indago to finally admit how much hatred and contempt indago has for cops.

Gunny
10-03-2015, 04:13 PM
Still waiting for indago to finally admit how much hatred and contempt indago has for cops.

I don't like them. Not going to sit and trash them all over the place for doing their jobs, and not going to present a one-sided view. We're military. I recognize arrogant SOB when I see it. But I understand the mindset as well as you do.

As I have said over the years, I don't want to play cut n paste. I don't want a one-sided viewpoint. I think the families of the police officers that died on 9/11 might have a disagreement with Indago.

indago
10-03-2015, 07:46 PM
Give the cut n paste crap a rest and say something. You're as bad as the MSM. All you present is one side.

You present the other side, if you have one...

Gunny
10-03-2015, 08:16 PM

I got one. You, saying THAT, to me is like calling all Marines baby-killers and war criminals because the exception to the rule exists. I never knew anyone that did anything of the sort, and I'd have probably shot them myself if I did.

The mentality of focusing on the minority instead of the majority permeates this nation. One bad apple does NOT spoil the whole bunch. You throw it out.

aboutime
10-03-2015, 08:56 PM

indago. Why should anyone do as you demand here? You won't agree with it anyhow.!

indago
10-03-2015, 11:11 PM
indago. Why should anyone do as you demand here? You won't agree with it anyhow.!

Since you didn't "present the other side", I will assume that you don't have one.

Gunny
10-03-2015, 11:18 PM
Since you didn't "present the other side", I will assume that you don't have one.

I probably dislike cops more than you do. But YOU haven't presented crap but accusations and a one-sided viewpoint. Practice what you preach. You've got no argument. All you have are selected soundbytes. So how about if YOU bring YOUR argument. Your thread, Einstein. Man your line.

indago
10-03-2015, 11:29 PM
I probably dislike cops more than you do. But YOU haven't presented crap but accusations and a one-sided viewpoint. Practice what you preach. You've got no argument. All you have are selected soundbytes. So how about if YOU bring YOUR argument. Your thread, Einstein. Man your line.

Gunny
10-03-2015, 11:32 PM

I think I presented it. That you have no response but a deflection speaks volumes about YOU, not me.

indago
10-04-2015, 06:35 AM
I think I presented it. That you have no response but a deflection speaks volumes about YOU, not me.

Here's what I posted: POSTED (http://www.debatepolicy.com/showthread.php?48009-Protect-amp-Serve&p=767303#post767303)

You say you presented the other side! You haven't posted shit!

aboutime
10-04-2015, 06:25 PM
Here's what I posted: POSTED (http://www.debatepolicy.com/showthread.php?48009-Protect-amp-Serve&p=767303#post767303)

indago. YES HE DID. He posted your NAME...same thing, and that ain't NO SHIT!:laugh:

indago
10-04-2015, 09:48 PM
indago. YES HE DID. He posted your NAME...same thing, and that ain't NO SHIT!:laugh:

All SNIVELS go HERE (http://www.debatepolicy.com/showthread.php?49744-The-aboutime-and-Gunny-Snivel-Thread&p=735589#post735589)

Gunny
10-06-2015, 03:53 AM

Incorrect. You mean I didn't cut and past some one-sided bullshit? YOU have yet to make an argument. Your deflection to wherever that link goes is about as much of an argument as my 3 years old granddaughter can make. SO yu go right ahead keep fooling yourself because that's ALL you're fooling with such a transparent argument strategy. I could see through this in the 4th grade.

So, why don't YOU try coming up with something original and real? I can go to CNN.com if I want to read some cut n paste BS.

indago
10-06-2015, 06:58 AM
Incorrect. You mean I didn't cut and past some one-sided bullshit? YOU have yet to make an argument. Your deflection to wherever that link goes is about as much of an argument as my 3 years old granddaughter can make. SO yu go right ahead keep fooling yourself because that's ALL you're fooling with such a transparent argument strategy. I could see through this in the 4th grade.

So, why don't YOU try coming up with something original and real? I can go to CNN.com if I want to read some cut n paste BS.

All SNIVELS go HERE (http://www.debatepolicy.com/showthread.php?49744-The-aboutime-and-Gunny-Snivel-Thread&p=735589#post735589)

indago
10-10-2015, 04:51 PM
From The Associated Press 8 April 2015:
-----------------------------------------------------------------
Feidin Santana told MSNBC that he initially considered deleting the video he recorded of a police officer shooting at Walter Scott eight times as Scott ran away, and thought about leaving North Charleston out of fear for his own safety.

Santana, a barber originally from the Dominican Republic, said he was walking to work Saturday when he saw police pursuing Scott and followed them to the area where the shooting unfolded. Santana said he heard the sound of a Taser being deployed and Scott began running before the shots were fired. Santana said Scott appeared to have already been unconscious when the officer put handcuffs on him and walked away.

Santana said he later saw a police report about the shooting and knew that he had to come forward because the officer's account of what led to the shooting didn't match what he recorded. Santana said he showed the video to a friend after reading the report, and his friend agreed that he needed to come forward.

article (http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories/U/US_POLICE_OFFICER_FATAL_SHOOTING_THE_LATEST?SITE=A P&SECTION=HOME&TEMPLATE=DEFAULT&CTIME=2015-04-08-21-40-22)

Journalist Bruce Smith wrote for The Associated Press 9 October 2015:
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
North Charleston, South Carolina, did not erupt in violence — as other cities in similar circumstances did — after a white police officer fatally shot an unarmed black man.

Attorneys for both the city and the family say that is because of the quick actions both sides took to preserve the peace and to come to an agreement.

The results of those efforts: The North Charleston City Council unanimously approved a $6.5 million settlement Thursday with the family of Walter Scott. Scott, 50, was shot April 4 by North Charleston police officer Michael Slager. A bystander captured the shooting in a dramatic cellphone video that showed Slager firing at Scott's back as Scott ran away.

...Chris Stewart, an attorney for the Scott family, agreed with Hair that the actions taken by both sides have been "almost a blueprint of how these situations should be handled."

"Governments are listening now and they are not tolerating this type of behavior," Stewart said.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

article (http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories/U/US_POLICE_OFFICER_FATAL_SHOOTING_NORTH_CHARLESTON? SITE=AP&SECTION=HOME&TEMPLATE=DEFAULT&CTIME=2015-10-09-04-22-11)

Interview/Video (http://www.nbcnews.com/storyline/walter-scott-shooting/man-who-recorded-walter-scott-being-shot-speaks-out-n338126)

indago
10-11-2015, 08:58 AM
Failure to Protect and Serve

Journalist Mark Gillispie wrote for The Associated Press 9 January 2015:
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
A civil rights group says footage from a surveillance video that shows the fatal shooting of a 12-year-old boy carrying a pellet gun and the rough treatment of his teenage sister is evidence that Cleveland police officers fail to protect and serve citizens.

The surveillance video, released by the city Thursday, shows an officer shooting Tamir Rice and then another officer shoving the boy's 14-year-old sister to the ground when she runs toward the scene. The shooting occurred Nov. 22 outside a recreation center after the officers were answering a call about a man in the park with a gun. The video also shows officers handcuffing the struggling girl and putting her in a patrol car parked next to her brother.

The video begins with rookie Officer Timothy Loehmann shooting the boy within 2 seconds of Officer Frank Garmback stopping their patrol car. Police officials have said Loehmann ordered the boy three times to put his hands in the air...
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

article (http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories/U/US_CLEVELAND_POLICE_SHOOT_BOY?SITE=AP&SECTION=HOME&TEMPLATE=DEFAULT&CTIME=2015-01-09-22-17-56)

"they took an oath to protect and serve, not shoot and disregard."

Officer Loehmann must have shouted his command "three times to put his hands in the air" really quite rapidly to get it out within the two seconds before he shot.

Journalist Mitch Stacy wrote for The Associated Press 11 October 2015:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Prosecutors investigating the death of a 12-year-old black boy who was fatally shot by a white Cleveland police officer say they are just trying to be transparent in seeking and sharing outside reviews by experts in use of force. A lawyer for the boy's family, however, says the outside reports finding that the shooting was justified show that prosecutors are avoiding accountability. ...The killing of Tamir has become part of a national outcry about minorities, especially black boys and men, dying during encounters with police.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

article (http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories/U/US_CLEVELAND_POLICE_SHOOT_BOY?SITE=AP&SECTION=HOME&TEMPLATE=DEFAULT&CTIME=2015-10-11-02-40-19)

indago
10-11-2015, 10:34 PM
S. Lamar Sims, Esq. October 6, 2015
...the immediate threat Officer Loehmann perceived is found, first, in the video showing Rice's movements as the police approached, second, in the statement Officer Loehmann blurted out to Agent that suspect had a gun and reached for it, and third, and as can be seen on the video,22 in Officer Loehmann's rapid exit from the car and immediate retreat from an exposed position to a position of cover. These facts, considered together suggest, Officer Loehmann was reacting to an immediate threat resulting from the actions of a gunman. When viewed through the prism mandated by Garner and White, Officer Loehmann's decision to shoot to protect himself from that threat is objectively reasonable.

report (http://prosecutor.cuyahogacounty.us/pdf_prosecutor/en-US/Tamir%20Rice%20Investigation/Sims-Review%20of%20Deadly%20Force-Tamir%20Rice.pdf)

Report of: Kimberly A. Crawford Supervisory Special Agent Federal Bureau of Investigation Legal Instruction Unit (Retired)
Following universal training and procedures, Officer Loehmann’s attention would be focused on Rice’s hands as they moved towards his waist band and lifted his jacket. Unquestionably, the actions of Rice could reasonably be perceived as a serious threat to Officer Loehmann. Waiting to see if Rice came out with a firearm would be contrary to action versus reaction training.

report (http://prosecutor.cuyahogacounty.us/pdf_prosecutor/en-US/Tamir%20Rice%20Investigation/Crawford-Review%20of%20Deadly%20Force-Tamir%20Rice.pdf)

Gunny
10-12-2015, 05:53 AM
Journalist Mitch Stacy wrote for The Associated Press 11 October 2015:
Prosecutors investigating the death of a 12-year-old black boy who was fatally shot by a white Cleveland police officer say they are just trying to be transparent in seeking and sharing outside reviews by experts in use of force. A lawyer for the boy's family, however, says the outside reports finding that the shooting was justified show that prosecutors are avoiding accountability. ...The killing of Tamir has become part of a national outcry about minorities, especially black boys and men, dying during encounters with police.

article (http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories/U/US_CLEVELAND_POLICE_SHOOT_BOY?SITE=AP&SECTION=HOME&TEMPLATE=DEFAULT&CTIME=2015-10-11-02-40-19)

report (http://prosecutor.cuyahogacounty.us/pdf_prosecutor/en-US/Tamir%20Rice%20Investigation/Sims-Review%20of%20Deadly%20Force-Tamir%20Rice.pdf)

Report of: Kimberly A. Crawford Supervisory Special Agent Federal Bureau of Investigation Legal Instruction Unit (Retired)

report (http://prosecutor.cuyahogacounty.us/pdf_prosecutor/en-US/Tamir%20Rice%20Investigation/Crawford-Review%20of%20Deadly%20Force-Tamir%20Rice.pdf)

*yawn*

Captain Cut n Paste strikes again.

indago
10-12-2015, 08:29 AM
*yawn*

Captain Cut n Paste strikes again.

Write to S. Lamar Sims, Esq., and Kimberly A. Crawford and tell them that their version of the incident is pure bullshit, and that your version — "waving a gun at cops" — is the correct one. Then, let us know how that turns out for you, posting their response here on the message board.

aboutime
10-12-2015, 07:01 PM
indago. Since you so obviously have much hatred for police officers. I personally hope you never, ever find the need to call 9-11, and ask for help when someone threatens you, a friend, or your family.

After reading all of your endless NEGATIVE cut-paste rants here. I would be honored to inform the local police department where you live to "IGNORE" any calls from you.

Let's all see how deep your hatred really is?

indago
10-13-2015, 02:53 AM
indago. Since you so obviously have much hatred for police officers... (and other and sundry aberrations, ramifications, fixations, lamentations, hallucinations, and incantations)

Whining'nSniveling goes HERE (http://www.debatepolicy.com/showthread.php?49744-The-aboutime-and-Gunny-Snivel-Thread&p=735589#post735589)

jimnyc
10-13-2015, 06:23 AM

The majority of reports I have seen on the Rice issue shows a "good" shooting by the police, and rightfully so. The mistake was on the kids part, sadly. The police shouldn't pay for responding to a man with a gun call. All evidence points to a good shooting, and that's what the majority of outside reports I have read have stated. This doesn't make the kid bad, or the police good - just the facts of what happened. Hopefully in the future kids won't make guns look real on purpose and then play with them in public.

Gunny
10-13-2015, 06:47 AM
I try to look at both sides. Cops do some stupid stuff and I consider them little more than tax collectors for the states. At the same time, I understand their job. I just can't get over the fact that it's safer to be a Marine in a foreign country than a cop in the US.

indago
10-14-2015, 06:49 AM
From The Associated Press 13 October 2015:
A Massachusetts police detective caught on video threatening to "put a hole" in a motorist's head has resigned.

article (http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories/U/US_OFFICER_RESIGNS?SITE=AP&SECTION=HOME&TEMPLATE=DEFAULT&CTIME=2015-10-13-21-09-57)

He should have been fired instead!

Gunny
10-14-2015, 05:52 PM
WHO exactly is it that has an 8 page snivel going?

indago
10-14-2015, 05:56 PM
WHO exactly is it that has an 8 page snivel going?

Damn! Another Snivel...

Or was that a LegHump http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v323/FreeAgent99/humpingdog.gif

Gunny
10-14-2015, 06:13 PM
Damn! Another Snivel...

Or was that a LegHump http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v323/FreeAgent99/humpingdog.gif

Right. You like to dish it out and act like a little bitch when you get it back. Gont news for you, Mr Snivel, I haven't read about jack shit of your whining about cops in quite a few pages. I have to be at bored to tears stage to read your cut n paste, one sided BS. Changing the baby's diaper is more entertaining and actually accomplishes something.

So expalin to the audience what's the difference between you and Hillary Clinton. Trying to cover your ass with a sideways smear campaign instead of actually addressing a topic YOU brought up.

I don't like cops. But I haven't gotten an honest discussion on the topic out of you YET. That ain't ain't sniveling. It's calling YOU a waste of bandwidth with a leftwingnut mindset.

Gunny
10-14-2015, 06:21 PM
And if you want to start with ME, I'll turn this whinefest thread into a nightmare in half a fucking heartbeat. Might want to discuss it with Jim, D-, Abs or Kath first or you'll be starting over, limpdick.

And for CSM ... this IS being nice.

Elessar
10-14-2015, 06:28 PM
Damn! Another Snivel...

You are pathetic and obsessed....and fully deluded and wrong.

Better shutter your windows and stay in the basement. Your paranoia
with L.E. is incredible.:lame2:

aboutime
10-14-2015, 07:10 PM
indago's dreams about cops he hates, can only come true with protection of indago' mind..http://icansayit.com/images/condumm.jpg

indago
10-15-2015, 05:17 AM
I don't like cops.

You mean you "don't like cops" generally? Why is that?

indago
10-15-2015, 08:23 AM
And if you want to start with ME, I'll turn this whinefest thread into a nightmare in half a fucking heartbeat. Might want to discuss it with Jim, D-, Abs or Kath first or you'll be starting over, limpdick.

http://www.netanimations.net/Moving-animated-gorilla-pounding-his-chest.gif

Gunny
10-15-2015, 10:19 AM
http://www.netanimations.net/Moving-animated-gorilla-pounding-his-chest.gif

Go bigger.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lKW8AhMO-Og

And I ain't got any hair. Ought to narrow that shit down for you.

indago
10-16-2015, 07:38 AM
And I ain't got any hair. Ought to narrow that shit down for you.

And didn't I just know, somehow, that you didn't have a hair one...

indago
10-16-2015, 07:40 AM
From The Associated Press 15 October 2015:
A policeman has been convicted of lying about the arrest of a New York Times photographer he said took flash photos of him. Prosecutors said journalist Robert Stolarik was photographing police Officer Michael Ackermann handcuff a teenager in 2012. They said he was using a camera not equipped with a flash and was several feet away. But they said Ackermann arrested him for obstructing governmental administration, claiming in court papers he repeatedly got in the officer's face firing a flash. The charge later was dismissed.

Ackermann was convicted Thursday of offering a false instrument for filing. He faces up to four years in prison. He said he made an honest mistake.

article (http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories/U/US_PHOTOGRAPHER_ARREST?SITE=AP&SECTION=HOME&TEMPLATE=DEFAULT&CTIME=2015-10-15-22-11-39) 1

article (http://www.nytimes.com/2013/08/27/nyregion/officer-is-indicted-on-charges-of-lying-about-photographers-arrest.html?ref=todayspaper) 2

"honest mistake" my ass! The cop outright lied about the incident. The city should be sued for damages and harassment, and the assessment should be taken directly out of the police department budget.

Gunny
10-16-2015, 08:35 AM
And didn't I just know, somehow, that you didn't have a hair one...

What do I need it for? It's a pain in the ass. I had hair halfway down my back when I joined the Corps. They weren't a whole bunch appreciative of it.

indago
10-16-2015, 11:26 PM
From AlterNet 15 October 2015:
----------------------------------------------------------
Teenager Alerts Police That They Left Brights On; 5 Minutes Later They Shoot Him Dead

article/video (http://www.alternet.org/news-amp-politics/family-suing-after-video-showed-their-child-killed-cop-after-flashing-his-brights)

Any thoughts on this?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dwp2pPkXUac

Gunny
10-17-2015, 01:21 AM
Teenager Alerts Police That They Left Brights On; 5 Minutes Later They Shoot Him Dead

article/video (http://www.alternet.org/news-amp-politics/family-suing-after-video-showed-their-child-killed-cop-after-flashing-his-brights)

Any thoughts on this?

Sure. Don't fight with cops. You ain't going to win. My position has been consistent about it. I don't care for some of their tactics but I CAN understand them. I think they use excessive force. At the same time, they want to go home at night and see their kids.

Why don't you try blaming the bad guys? It's always that 10% of morons in EVERYTHING we do as a society. Be it police, politicians or criminals. You want to blame the people that stop the problem instead of addressing the actual problem. Blame the gun. Blame the cop. Blame the military. But by ALL means DON'T blame the bad guys. And unfortunately, we ALL get treated because of the actions of the lowest common denominator.

And I sure as Hell don't see your thread against criminals who created this crap. Stop being a damned one-sided hypocrite.

indago
10-17-2015, 06:31 AM
You want to blame the people that stop the problem instead of addressing the actual problem.

Where did I do that in this posting?

Gunny
10-17-2015, 07:01 AM
Where did I do that in this posting?

Your posts are one-sided and blame the cops for everything. I got news for you ... I needed a moral waiver to get into the Corps for assault on an officer of the law and obstruction. You ain't got no cherry boy here.

But I grew up. You planning on it? In this country? Nowadays? You can bitch and cry all you want and you get Ruby Ridge. You can let all those tears run down your cheeks and cry like you're O-blah-blah, but you're going to lose. I been bitching about police tactics since before you had pubic hair. I'm especially resentful because I go fight your dirty ass wars only to come back to the Sheriffs of Nottinghams on wheels.

I avoid them like the plague but I don't sit around whining a bitching for 8 pages like a little bitch and try the smoke n mirrors "everyone else is whiner while I whine" crap. Get over yourself. You haven't presented jack but 8 pages of cut n paste. Anyone ever teach you to think and speak for yourself?

indago
10-17-2015, 07:52 AM
Your posts are one-sided and blame the cops for everything... (and other and sundry aberrations, ramifications, fixations, lamentations, hallucinations, and incantations)

That post wasn't about "blame the cops for everything". I had inquired: "Any thoughts on this?"

And all we get from you is a hallucinatory rant. Grow up!

Gunny
10-17-2015, 08:07 AM
That post wasn't about "blame the cops for everything". I had inquired: "Any thoughts on this?"

And all we get from you is a hallucinatory rant. Grow up!

First mistake: posting a video

Second mistake: cut n pasting

You got something to say, say it. I don't want to hear what some other dumbass has to say. All I see is 8 pages of jack nothing here but YOUR whining. That whole reversal crap don't work here. If anyone is "whining" about anything it's your lack of ability.

indago
10-17-2015, 08:38 AM
First mistake: posting a video

Second mistake: cut n pasting

You got something to say, say it. I don't want to hear what some other dumbass has to say. All I see is 8 pages of jack nothing here but YOUR whining. That whole reversal crap don't work here. If anyone is "whining" about anything it's your lack of ability.

Lots of folks "posting a video"

Lots of folks "cut n pasting"

And what do we get from you...

http://i59.tinypic.com/23ldp95.jpg

Grow up!

indago
10-17-2015, 08:40 AM

Any thoughts on this?

Journalist Corey Williams wrote for The Associated Press 16 October 2015:
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"We are outraged at the huge miscarriage of justice done to our son," Guilford's family said in a statement. Relatives spent months "trying to figure out how our son, who had never even been in a serious fight, was shot seven times coming from basketball at church and going to his girlfriend's to watch movies."
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

article (http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories/U/US_ROADSIDE_POLICE_SHOOTING?SITE=AP&SECTION=HOME&TEMPLATE=DEFAULT&CTIME=2015-10-16-17-58-34)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h-uXeAvpVHk

Perianne
10-17-2015, 08:41 AM

Any thoughts on this?

All you have to do is smile at them and they let you go. That kid was looking for a fight and he got it. It's sad it cost him his life.

indago
10-17-2015, 08:46 AM
All you have to do is smile at them and they let you go. That kid was looking for a fight and he got it. It's sad it cost him his life.

Do you think their lawsuit will get anywhere?

Perianne
10-17-2015, 08:54 AM
Do you think their lawsuit will get anywhere?

I have no idea. It is unclear what caused the officer to shoot the victim. There is not enough information presented for us to make a judgment.

jimnyc
10-17-2015, 09:11 AM
Odd, that almost every criminal that gets shot - their family states they are complete angels who can never do any wrong. No, not any story in general, just many of them. Michale Brown was a little kid who was also lovable and an angel - at least a few minutes before he committed strong armed robbery and then tried to steal a gun and shoot a cop. What an angel.

indago
10-17-2015, 09:20 AM
I have no idea. It is unclear what caused the officer to shoot the victim. There is not enough information presented for us to make a judgment.

From the article:
Frost later wrote in an investigative report that the teen knocked him to the snowy ground and repeatedly punched in the head. "I felt as though I was going to lose consciousness and made the decision to shoot my attacker," Frost wrote in the report supplied to The Associated Press by Guilford family attorney Cynthia Heenan.

Perianne
10-17-2015, 10:07 AM
From the article:

I had read the article and did not see what you posted. I still don't see it. But if the victim was fighting with police, then all bets are off.

indago
10-17-2015, 10:35 AM
I had read the article and did not see what you posted. I still don't see it. But if the victim was fighting with police, then all bets are off.

POSTED (http://www.debatepolicy.com/showthread.php?48009-Protect-amp-Serve&p=771076#post771076)

DLT
10-17-2015, 11:30 AM
Do You Know...There are Far More professional and honorable Peace Officers than there are rogues? I'd gauge it at 98% good. Humans are not 100% good...None of Us!

Why is it only the bad ones get the publicity? Rarely Do the ones that Serve, Protect, and Defend get the Huff-Po headlines. I guess honest serving is not an important topic for liberal rags.

Do You know...every time a Cop straps on his belt, wears his badge and goes to duty, that he is a target? And, that he has a family that hopes he comes home alive after each shift, not knowing what kind of idiot he might face in his 12 hour shift?

Do You Know...that some cultures in this USA teach their kids to disrespect Peace Officers, Firefighters, or any symbol of authority? Even we Coasties get that - and My mission is Search and Rescue! Why do Black urban adults, married or unmarried, Hispancic urban adults, married or unmarried, demonstrate to their offspring defiance of law?

There is the problem↑

The cop-haters don't know and don't care. They also don't know that they are being used (useful idiots) by the radical left to further the leftist agenda.

Gunny
10-17-2015, 12:39 PM
Lots of folks "posting a video"

Lots of folks "cut n pasting"

And what do we get from you...

http://i59.tinypic.com/23ldp95.jpg

Grow up!

You get :fu:

jimnyc
10-17-2015, 12:41 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NNC0kIzM1Fo

revelarts
10-17-2015, 01:17 PM
The cop-haters don't know and don't care. They also don't know that they are being used (useful idiots) by the radical left to further the leftist agenda.

the problem is Police defenders take every comment on a bad police incident or a bad police policy as evidence of HATERED or dislike or ALL police.
No matter HOW MANY times to clearly point out that most police i most areas have good in intent and are honorable and should be honored for volunteering to do a crappy job.

many defend POLICE as a group and seem reluctant to admit and investigated or even discuss the BAD APPLES or the BAD Polices or the BAD groups of cops hidden among the good ones.

it's ALL blanket knee jerk defense and calls to -stop talking about bad police because the police are good!-

this use to really bother me but I have THEORY now why people do this.
No offense to any here but I think it's just a matter of lazy or short hand thinking. thinking that crosses over to other groups as well.
It's just EASIER for people to think about people in groups. so they do.

think about police
Police =GOOD.
so when someone says a SPECIFIC cop is bad it short circuits a basic BELIEF.
it's hard to actually work though the details of dealing with the 2-15% of bad police ruining people's lives on a regular basis if you imagine that POLICE = GOOD.

i'd guess similar thinking goes with:
U.S. soldiers/military =GOOD
Democrats = BAD
America = GOOD
Iran = BAD
fill in the blanks yourself
Muslims = ?
Illegals = ?
Mexicans = ?
Blacks = ?
Roman Catholics =?
Republican = ?
Christians =?
Native Americans = ?
Oil Companies = ?
Politicians = ?

The last one there is Politicians.

Now i suspect that if there were a thread about politicians that listed their crimes few would be upset unless its focus was partisan.
we all Accept that politicians commit crimes and do wrong from time to time. They are human..just like police right?
But we all know that many politicians especially at the local and state levels are sincere and want to do a good job as well.
but we don't get our Draws in Wad if someone points out a criminal acts of SPECIFIC politicians or even nest of bad politicians working together to make money on some project or something.
it's just part of being vigilant citizens and HOLDING officials accountable.

that ALL I ever and I suspect Indigo intends here.
Open honest Accountability.

If that translate into some people's mind to "hate of all police", or a liberal agenda well your wrong. and i'm sorry you don't get it.

indago
10-18-2015, 06:28 AM
You get :fu:

Oh, I see you got a response from Kimberly A. Crawford and S. Lamar Sims, Esq., writing to them about their stupid report and giving YOUR interpretation — "waving a gun at cops" — insisting that YOURS is the correct one. Why am I NOT surprised...

But thank you for posting it here for all to see.

revelarts
10-18-2015, 12:48 PM
Woman see cop using what appears to her to be excessive force starts to film it then the cops takes her phone stomps on it and "touches" her a few times.

"If he's done nothing wrong" why was he mad? right?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aZH9DkPT3Lw

revelarts
10-18-2015, 12:51 PM
(just so it doesn't get lost in the other thread)

Former good Cop (he was fired for exposing bad police) tells what he experienced with quotas. And suggest better ways to detect and deter crime.
he also mentions the police practice of arresting people for P.O.P.s
that's the crime of Pissing Off the Police.

<object class="restrain" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="640" height="385" data="http://www.youtube.com/v/mJLh3KlUHS4?version=3&color1=0xb1b1b1&color2=0xcfcfcf&feature=player_embedded" id="yui-gen0" style="clear: both;"></object>

Gunny
10-18-2015, 01:58 PM
Oh, I see you got a response from Kimberly A. Crawford and S. Lamar Sims, Esq., writing to them about their stupid report and giving YOUR interpretation — "waving a gun at cops" — insisting that YOURS is the correct one. Why am I NOT surprised...

But thank you for posting it here for all to see.

I'm just hoping I die a quicker death than this thread. This is like being a cancer victim.

indago
10-19-2015, 07:40 AM
Well, police brutality has reached a new low...

From The Associated Press 19 October 2015:
-------------------------------------------------------------------
OFFICER ACCUSED OF BITING MAN'S TESTICLE NO LONGER ON FORCE

article (http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories/U/US_OFFICER_MAN_BITTEN?SITE=AP&SECTION=HOME&TEMPLATE=DEFAULT&CTIME=2015-10-19-07-44-12)

indago
10-19-2015, 08:38 AM
Soon we'll be longing for the good ol' days when the cops just bang you on the head with a truncheon...

indago
10-19-2015, 08:39 AM
From The Associated Press 18 October 2015:
----------------------------------------------------------------
CIRCUMSTANCES OF FATAL OFFICER-INVOLVED SHOOTING NOT CLEAR
----------------------------------------------------------------

article (http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories/U/US_COLUMBUS_POLICE_SHOOTING?SITE=AP&SECTION=HOME&TEMPLATE=DEFAULT&CTIME=2015-10-18-18-47-09)

Cop was probably just bored...

indago
10-23-2015, 07:07 AM
Journalist Corey Williams wrote for The Associated Press 16 October 2015:
"We are outraged at the huge miscarriage of justice done to our son," Guilford's family said in a statement. Relatives spent months "trying to figure out how our son, who had never even been in a serious fight, was shot seven times coming from basketball at church and going to his girlfriend's to watch movies."

article (http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories/U/US_ROADSIDE_POLICE_SHOOTING?SITE=AP&SECTION=HOME&TEMPLATE=DEFAULT&CTIME=2015-10-16-17-58-34)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h-uXeAvpVHk

Sgt. Frost claims that Mr. Guilford resisted arrest, so he shot him in the back with one probe of a stun gun. If Mr. Guilford was truly resisting arrest, he would have been facing Sgt. Frost. Being shot in the back, Mr. Guilford then attacked Sgt. Frost in an effort to defend himself from further police brutality. Sgt. Frost was on the bottom being pummeled by Mr. Guilford. He was losing, so he drew his weapon and shot Mr. Guilford seven times, killing him.

article (http://www.lansingstatejournal.com/story/news/local/2015/10/22/experts-like-community-divided-guilford-shooting/73985862/)

In the movie Mulholland Falls, a Los Angeles detective squad of four, early 1950's, is following a lead on a young woman's murder to a federal facility where the lead detective, Lieutenant Hoover, is escorted to General Timms, who is in charge of the Atomic project. General Timms explains to Hoover an overview of the project, pointing out those who are sacrificed, and adds: "That's the history of the world, Lieutenant. Some people die before their time so that others can live; it's the cornerstone of civilization, uh… war, religion, democracy… a hundred die so that a thousand may live."

On the way back to LA in the car, detective Hall asked Hoover: "What'd Timms have to say?"

Hoover replied: "He said the cornerstone of civilization was human sacrifice."

And so, in these modern times, we have the human sacrifice to Molech: those who are killed by law enforcement, as the rest of us go on about our business: "a hundred die so that a thousand may live".

Gunny
10-23-2015, 07:21 AM
Sgt. Frost claims that Mr. Guilford resisted arrest, so he shot him in the back with one probe of a stun gun. If Mr. Guilford was truly resisting arrest, he would have been facing Sgt. Frost. Being shot in the back, Mr. Guilford then attacked Sgt. Frost in an effort to defend himself from further police brutality. Sgt. Frost was on the bottom being pummeled by Mr. Guilford. He was losing, so he drew his weapon and shot Mr. Guilford seven times, killing him.

article (http://www.lansingstatejournal.com/story/news/local/2015/10/22/experts-like-community-divided-guilford-shooting/73985862/)

In the movie Mulholland Falls, a Los Angeles detective squad of four, early 1950's, is following a lead on a young woman's murder to a federal facility where the lead detective, Lieutenant Hoover, is escorted to General Timms, who is in charge of the Atomic project. General Timms explains to Hoover an overview of the project, pointing out those who are sacrificed, and adds: "That's the history of the world, Lieutenant. Some people die before their time so that others can live; it's the cornerstone of civilization, uh… war, religion, democracy… a hundred die so that a thousand may live."

On the way back to LA in the car, detective Hall asked Hoover: "What'd Timms have to say?"

Hoover replied: "He said the cornerstone of civilization was human sacrifice."

And so, in these modern times, we have the human sacrifice to Molech: those who are killed by law enforcement, as the rest of us go on about our business: "a hundred die so that a thousand may live".

Actually, you are charged with resisting arrest if you try to flee. Police are not taught to fire just one round from a handgun. Marines aren't even taught to fire just one round. Blame THAT on the 9mm.

Point is, I'd have A, not been getting my ass kicked and B; shot his ass too.

indago
10-24-2015, 05:37 AM
Actually, you are charged with resisting arrest if you try to flee.

He wasn't running away when he was shot in the back.

indago
10-24-2015, 12:51 PM
From The Associated Press 23 October 2015:
Authorities say a fired police officer suspected of fatally stabbing his ex-girlfriend in the driveway of her New Jersey home jumped in front of a New York City subway.

article (http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories/U/US_WOMAN_KILLED_TRAIN_JUMP?SITE=AP&SECTION=HOME&TEMPLATE=DEFAULT&CTIME=2015-10-23-10-39-54)

These cops, anymore: not only believe their immune from prosecution for their police brutality tactics, but they also believe that they are invincible. Conjecture is the train didn't stop when and where the cop wanted it to, so he thought he would do a "ordinary traffic stop" with the train, and cite it for non-compliance.

Gunny
10-24-2015, 01:10 PM
Tissue?

Elessar
10-24-2015, 04:31 PM
He wasn't running away when he was shot in the back.

Yep! You were there and saw it, right?

You just have an anti-cop obsession. Most news reports are not
not even accurate. They try and hang at first bite just to
get a story on the wire fastest.

indago
10-24-2015, 04:44 PM
Yep! You were there and saw it, right?

You just have an anti-cop obsession. Most news reports are not
not even accurate. They try and hang at first bite just to
get a story on the wire fastest.

He was shot in the back with a stun gun. It's right there for all to see. Just open your mind.

Gunny
10-24-2015, 05:27 PM
:boohoo:

Gunny
10-24-2015, 05:31 PM
He was shot in the back with a stun gun. It's right there for all to see. Just open your mind.

Shot with one prong of a stun gun. Oh yeah. That'll do NOTHING. Resisting arrest and fighting with someone who has a gun. Brilliant. Strike Two.

Whining your pussy little ass off. Strike three. Seems that stike out thing is a theme for you in this thread.

Elessar
10-24-2015, 06:00 PM

Plenty open as opposed to your narrow-minded disrespect for LE.

Stun Gun? And you saw the entire sequence leading up to the non-lethal use of force?

Better stay in your basement.

indago
10-24-2015, 06:25 PM
Plenty open as opposed to your narrow-minded disrespect for LE.

Stun Gun? And you saw the entire sequence leading up to the non-lethal use of force?

Better stay in your basement.

Sgt. Frost was operating his vehicle in violation of Michigan Motor Vehicle Code. You are assuming that officers of the law are above the law.

Elessar
10-24-2015, 06:31 PM
Sgt. Frost was operating his vehicle in violation of Michigan Motor Vehicle Code. You are assuming that officers of the law are above the law.

You make lots assumptions for others.

Not the cop's fault of the design of the damn vehicle.

Eight times: "License, Registration, and Proof of Insurance." Explain in
your making assumptions for others why that was so hard for the weeded
out kid to understand?

indago
10-24-2015, 06:59 PM

out kid to understand?

Sgt. Frost was notified three times that night that he was operating a vehicle in violation of the vehicle code, and yet he continued his harassment of those who notified him. And besides, with the brilliant glare of the vehicle headlights, it is probable that those who notified him of his violation were not even aware that he was a law enforcement officer.

aboutime
10-24-2015, 07:59 PM

out kid to understand?

Elessar. Though indago will always deny it. He actually hates, despises, and pretends to support cops.

But he's not smart enough to understand how the ENDLESS negatives about cops make him expose his hate!

indago
10-25-2015, 04:55 AM
Elessar. Though indago will always deny it. He actually hates, despises, and pretends to support cops.

But he's not smart enough to understand how the ENDLESS negatives about cops make him expose his hate!

http://oi61.tinypic.com/oscvtt.jpg

indago
10-25-2015, 03:49 PM
Police defenders take every comment on a bad police incident or a bad police policy as evidence of HATERED...

That's a typical response from the LoInfos!

a federal judge said she believed that the “officers perjured themselves.”

LoInfos: "indago hates cops"

a $1.1 million settlement with the estate of an unarmed black man who was fatally shot inside a church-run day care by two white police officers

A former New York City narcotics detective testified in court that planting drugs on innocent people was common practice

New York City agreed Friday to pay $3.9 million to the family of a black Bronx teenager shot to death by a white police officer in 2012.

Two Philadelphia police officers were charged Thursday with beating a man on a scooter nearly two years ago and lying about it

A Massachusetts police detective caught on video threatening to "put a hole" in a motorist's head

The LoInfos are like a broken record. Rather than present an argument in favor of the posted incident, or supporting the cop that did it, they Whine'nSnivel: "indago hates cops". But then, nothing more is to expected from LoInfos.

aboutime
10-25-2015, 05:17 PM

I agree with you, and your broken record. Just look at how often...ON THIS THREAD...your negativity exists.

Gunny
10-25-2015, 05:29 PM

If THIS is not your lamest excuse, point the other ones out, please. A police officer in pursuit was not operating his vehicle according to code. Too bad we don't have an emoticon of a fool jacking himself off.

Gunny
10-25-2015, 05:31 PM

You finally got something right. A picture of this thread and your whining.

Elessar
10-25-2015, 06:21 PM

I see that, and it makes me wonder about his arrest record.

Blanket-brush painting is purely ignorant.

Got to wonder what Inda has to hide.

Elessar
10-25-2015, 06:28 PM

Quite accurate for your constant whining.

I have a box of Kleenex for you.

You are hiding a record (broken), where a cop laid down the law
to you.

Such a whiney Liberal shit. Spoon-pounding crybaby.

indago
10-25-2015, 06:42 PM
A police officer in pursuit was not operating his vehicle according to code.

Sgt. Frost was not in pursuit of anything while driving toward the notifiers. Try again, LoInfo!

Russ
10-25-2015, 07:23 PM
At times police officers may accidentally cause a tragedy. And I'm sure there are some police officers that plant evidence or are dirty in some other way. But I'm also sure that the overwhelming majority of police are NOT dirty, do NOT have some hidden agenda to kill innocent people, and are actually out there doing hard work and risking their lives to arrest violent criminals, prevent crime, and generally keep us safe. Even though some of the accusatory stories about police may be true, I'm going to side with police until I see a reason not to.

The Michael Brown and Freddie Gray incidents (and the riots that went with them) are good examples of why stories that make the police sound bad are often not to be trusted. Both cases made it sound (at first) like police officers just decided that they wanted to kill a perpetrator that day. In both cases, the more investigation that went on, the more it became clear that police were not the ones at fault. In both cases, entire city blocks were ruined by rioters who didn't want to hear the police were not at fault. And in both cases, police officers had their careers (and maybe lives) ruined by people whose motives were questionable at best.

I, for one, have heard enough stories implying that police are out to get people.

indago
10-25-2015, 07:37 PM
I, for one, have heard enough stories implying that police are out to get people.

There are more than 900,000 police officers in the United States. Surely they all are not "out to get people".

indago
10-28-2015, 05:19 AM
From WDIV Detroit 27 October 2015:
-----------------------------------------------------------
Two Detroit police officers are facing charges of embezzlement, larceny and misconduct in office for allegedly lying and stealing during two arrests in 2013 and 2014. Charles Lynem, 28, and Chancellor Searcy, 31, were arraigned Tuesday.

...Prosecutors said Lynem and Searcy arrested a 31-year-old man at a gas station on Outer Driver on March 18,2013, and confiscated money from him. It is alleged that there was wrongful conduct surrounding the detention, frisk, seizure of property and the arrest of the suspect. They're charged with embezzlement, larceny, misconduct in office and filing a false report.

In a second case on Sept. 27, 2014, Lynem and Searcy arrested a 41-year-old man on West Grant Boulevard for carrying a concealed weapon. Prosecutors said Lynem and Searcy fabricated documents and the circumstances surrounding the suspect's arrest. They're charged with misconduct in office, filing a false report and willful failure of a public official.
-----------------------------------------------------------

article (http://www.clickondetroit.com/news/2-detroit-police-officers-charged-in-theft-misconduct-cases/36069950)

P. S.

Gunny
10-28-2015, 07:59 AM
:deadhorse::crying2::crying2::crying2:

indago
10-28-2015, 08:44 AM
:deadhorse::crying2::crying2::crying2:
^^^^^^LoInfo^^^^^

Gunny
10-28-2015, 08:49 AM
^^^^^^LoInfo^^^^^

Ever considered a different hobby than posting on message boards? You REALLY should. You are SO 1st grade at it.

indago
10-28-2015, 09:08 AM
Ever considered a different hobby than posting on message boards? You REALLY should. You are SO 1st grade at it.

And YOU are SO LoInfo...

Elessar
10-29-2015, 05:38 PM
Reply to this one, sissy:

http://www.debatepolicy.com/showthread.php?52256-wonder-why-this-isn-t-on-the-news

Bet you have no good argument at all for pure fact.

indago
10-29-2015, 11:26 PM
Reply to this one, sissy:

http://www.debatepolicy.com/showthread.php?52256-wonder-why-this-isn-t-on-the-news

Bet you have no good argument at all for pure fact.

Another LoInfo heard from...

Elessar
10-29-2015, 11:33 PM
Another LoInfo heard from...

Pathetic reply!

You cannot accept pure FACT.

Hide in your basement, walk instead of drive.

Maybe you will avoid all these Evil L.E. Officers

(ponders......what do you have to hide? )

I am just sorta of figuring you did some wrong stuff, got caught and blame
the Cops for busting you...and I am hitting home plate.

Rat
10-30-2015, 01:20 AM
The disrespect of police and lies told on them make me mad. I was law enforcement after Army and it never bad like is now. People like Sharpton and liberal media make people believe cops are bad and look to kill blacks. Nothing is more wrong. There's bad cops but most great people that would give their life saving a African American. I get so angry when I hear cop bashers that have no clue what talking about mislead public into thinking differently.

indago
10-30-2015, 05:12 AM
The disrespect of police and lies told on them make me mad. I was law enforcement after Army and it never bad like is now. People like Sharpton and liberal media make people believe cops are bad and look to kill blacks. Nothing is more wrong. There's bad cops but most great people that would give their life saving a African American. I get so angry when I hear cop bashers that have no clue what talking about mislead public into thinking differently.

Then maybe you could help to clean up the mess they created. You've got the easy part done: you've talked about it...

revelarts
11-01-2015, 03:10 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1qu0uKByFlw

revelarts
11-01-2015, 03:11 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Erkj9cbpeGM

revelarts
11-01-2015, 03:15 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ErASUGL00gQ

Traffic Cop in L.A. with a record of ZERO complaints... over a 20 year period.

indago
11-01-2015, 08:49 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Erkj9cbpeGM

Yes, I remember reading about this three years ago in December...

aboutime
11-01-2015, 11:56 AM
As I have dared to suggest before. The title of this thread should be changed to the INDAGO/REV hatred of cops, and pure hypocrisy thread. Not too obvious how much both of them pretend to be messengers, when they sound like Hillary, and Obama all rolled up into one DUMMY.

Gunny
11-01-2015, 12:34 PM
As I have dared to suggest before. The title of this thread should be changed to the INDAGO/REV hatred of cops, and pure hypocrisy thread. Not too obvious how much both of them pretend to be messengers, when they sound like Hillary, and Obama all rolled up into one DUMMY.

I say change it to "Not in Touch with the Reality of the Situation" thread. Doesn't really matter what you do and don't like. Deal with the reality.

indago
11-01-2015, 03:31 PM
^^^^^LoInfo Heard From^^^^^

indago
11-01-2015, 03:32 PM
I say change it to "Not in Touch with the Reality of the Situation" thread. Doesn't really matter what you do and don't like. Deal with the reality.
^^^^^Another LoInfo Heard From^^^^^

revelarts
11-01-2015, 03:36 PM
As I have dared to suggest before. The title of this thread should be changed to the INDAGO/REV hatred of cops, and pure hypocrisy thread. ...

Did you even look at the last few post.

indago
11-02-2015, 04:56 AM
Did you even look at the last few post.

No! They're LoInfos

aboutime
11-02-2015, 11:31 AM
So, all of you are telling me I am forbidden from offering my opinion by calling it lack of reality?

Hypocrisy really does control all of you.

Gunny
11-02-2015, 12:01 PM
So, all of you are telling me I am forbidden from offering my opinion by calling it lack of reality?

Hypocrisy really does control all of you.

Where'd THAT come from? Here's some reality: you don't like being disagreed with. I completely agree with your right to express your opinion. Same as I do Indago's right to express his, And I've given him shit throughout this thread over it, and in a few others. I've given YOU shit in threads on some topics.

Now,. YOU are a vet. WHAT did YOU serve for? Other peoples' rights to freedom. We ALL have our buttons but you take EVERYTHING personally. Express your opinion. You can count on me as backup if someone says you can't. Just don't always count on me to agree with you on a topic.

indago
11-04-2015, 08:59 AM
From Fox News 3 November 2015:
--------------------------------------------------------
“All cops are not murderers,” Tarantino told The Los Angeles Times on Tuesday. “I never said that. I never even implied that.”

article (http://insider.foxnews.com/2015/11/03/quentin-tarantino-refuses-apologize-anti-cop-comments-im-not-being-intimidated)

No, he didn't, but now COPS LIVES MATTER movements are rising up against him, on a similar plane with the BLACK LIVES MATTER movement.

indago
11-04-2015, 09:15 AM
From The Associated Press 1 November 2015:
--------------------------------------------------------------------
A yearlong Associated Press investigation uncovered about 1,000 officers in six years who lost their licenses to work in law enforcement for rape, other sex crimes or sexual misconduct. The number is unquestionably an undercount because it represents only those officers who faced an administrative process known as decertification, and not all states take such action or provided records. ...Even among states that provided records, some reported no officers removed for sexual misdeeds even though the AP discovered cases via news stories and court records.

article (http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories/U/US_BETRAYED_CASE_GLANCE?SITE=AP&SECTION=HOME&TEMPLATE=DEFAULT&CTIME=2015-11-01-00-15-05)

Well, LoInfos, let's see you defend this...

indago
11-04-2015, 09:35 AM
Reminds me of the story of Lorraine Hendricks...

Journalist Luisa Yanez wrote for The Sun Sentinel, Florida 30 September 1990:
That Sunday, March 4, Hendricks, 43, a former beauty queen, planned to make the seven-hour drive from her Jacksonville home to Broward County, where she had lived until 1986. ...traffic flowed smoothly, and by 11 a.m. Hendricks was just north of Vero Beach. She was moving along, headphones to her ears. In less than two hours, she would reach Broward. Then she saw a flashing blue light. She pulled over to the shoulder of a remote stretch of Interstate 95.

...In one of Florida`s most shocking homicides, eight-year Florida Highway Patrol Trooper Timothy Scott Harris, 32, has confessed to killing Hendricks.

article (http://articles.sun-sentinel.com/1990-09-30/news/9002160980_1_harris-first-degree-first-degree-murder)

aboutime
11-04-2015, 06:21 PM
Where'd THAT come from? Here's some reality: you don't like being disagreed with. I completely agree with your right to express your opinion. Same as I do Indago's right to express his, And I've given him shit throughout this thread over it, and in a few others. I've given YOU shit in threads on some topics.

Now,. YOU are a vet. WHAT did YOU serve for? Other peoples' rights to freedom. We ALL have our buttons but you take EVERYTHING personally. Express your opinion. You can count on me as backup if someone says you can't. Just don't always count on me to agree with you on a topic.

Like you, and everyone else. We all have our own opinions here. We all disagree, or agree. That is all I said. If someone doesn't like Your Opinion, or Mine...there's no reason for anyone to say otherwise. Simple as that.

indago
11-05-2015, 05:48 AM
From Fox News 3 November 2015:
“All cops are not murderers,” Tarantino told The Los Angeles Times on Tuesday. “I never said that. I never even implied that.”

article (http://insider.foxnews.com/2015/11/03/quentin-tarantino-refuses-apologize-anti-cop-comments-im-not-being-intimidated)

No, he didn't, but now COPS LIVES MATTER movements are rising up against him, on a similar plane with the BLACK LIVES MATTER movement.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dlbDFxrwW8M

indago
11-05-2015, 07:04 AM
From The Associated Press 4 November 2015:
An organization that assists survivors of officers killed in the line of duty is asking the family of an Illinois police lieutenant found to have staged the scene of his suicide to return its donation. On the day Charles Joseph Gliniewicz was found dead, 100 Club of Chicago CEO Joe Ahern presented a check to the officer's widow for $15,000.

...A spokesman for the National Law Enforcement Officers Memorial Fund said Wednesday that staff removed Fox Lake Police Lt. Charles Joseph Gliniewicz's name and photo from the group's website after investigators said he had shot himself to make it look like he died in the line of duty.

article (http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories/U/US_OFFICER_SHOT_MANHUNT_THE_LATEST?SITE=AP&SECTION=HOME&TEMPLATE=DEFAULT&CTIME=2015-11-04-23-07-51)

indago
11-05-2015, 03:19 PM
Cops Abused

Abused (http://www.insideedition.com/headlines/12788-watch-cop-calmly-respond-when-motorist-screams-at-him-over-ticket)

indago
11-05-2015, 11:54 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dlbDFxrwW8M

It looks like Former NYPD Commissioner Bernie Kerik, and Former NYPD Officer Bill Stanton are arguing in support of crooked and murderous cops. Not surprising that Kerik would, considering his own past...

Bernard Bailey Kerik (born September 4, 1955)—known as Bernie Kerik—is an American former police officer, convicted felon, and consultant who served as New York City Police Commissioner from 2000 to 2001. ...In 2009 Kerik pleaded guilty before U.S. federal prosecutors to 8 charges including criminal conspiracy, tax fraud, and lying under oath. Kerik was sentenced to four years in federal prison on February 18, 2010.

article (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bernard_Kerik)

indago
11-06-2015, 07:23 AM
From The Associated Press 5 November 2015:
Two police officers who accused a motorist of trying to grab one of their guns were convicted Thursday of misconduct in part because a dashcam video showed the motorist holding his hands up. Bloomfield Officers Sean Courter and Orlando Trinidad were found guilty by an Essex County jury of conspiracy, official misconduct, tampering with and falsifying public records and lying to authorities. Courter, 35, and Trinidad, 34, face mandatory minimum prison sentences of five years when they're sentenced in January.

..."They accused Mr. Jeter of criminal acts that led to him being charged and indicted," assistant prosecutor Berta Rodriguez, who tried the case, said Thursday. "He was facing five years in prison. But for the dash camera in the second police vehicle, he might be in prison today."

article (http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories/U/US_OFFICERS_CHARGED_DASHCAM_VIDEO?SITE=AP&SECTION=HOME&TEMPLATE=DEFAULT&CTIME=2015-11-05-18-28-00)

"STOP GRABBING MY GUN" "STOP RESISTING" The cops cry out as videos show that there was no GunGrabbing, or resisting by hapless motorists. In this case, the hapless had his arms raised all the while.

indago
11-06-2015, 07:24 AM
From The Associated Press 4 November 2015:
An organization that assists survivors of officers killed in the line of duty is asking the family of an Illinois police lieutenant found to have staged the scene of his suicide to return its donation. On the day Charles Joseph Gliniewicz was found dead, 100 Club of Chicago CEO Joe Ahern presented a check to the officer's widow for $15,000.

...A spokesman for the National Law Enforcement Officers Memorial Fund said Wednesday that staff removed Fox Lake Police Lt. Charles Joseph Gliniewicz's name and photo from the group's website after investigators said he had shot himself to make it look like he died in the line of duty.

article (http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories/U/US_OFFICER_SHOT_MANHUNT_THE_LATEST?SITE=AP&SECTION=HOME&TEMPLATE=DEFAULT&CTIME=2015-11-04-23-07-51)

From The Associated Press 6 November 2015:
------------------------------------------------------------------
An Illinois police officer who staged his suicide to make it look like he was murdered had a troubled job history, ranging from numerous suspensions to sexual harassment allegations to complaints that he intimidated an emergency dispatcher with guns, according to his personnel records. ...The records were released late Thursday by the Village of Fox Lake in response to a Freedom of Information request, after a day in which officials said Gliniewicz had sought out a hit man to kill a village administrator he feared would expose him as a thief, and may have planned to plant cocaine on the administrator to discredit her as a criminal.

article (http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories/U/US_OFFICER_SHOT_MANHUNT?SITE=AP&SECTION=HOME&TEMPLATE=DEFAULT&CTIME=2015-11-06-02-32-48)

revelarts
11-09-2015, 10:02 AM
Video shows cop executing man as he’s lying face down and complying

...Officer Lisa Mearkle of the Hummelstown Borough Police Department was found not guilty of criminal homicide for the shooting death of 59-year-old David Kassick on February 2. Video has just been released (https://dauphin.crimewatchpa.com/da/310/post/video-lisa-mearkle-david-kassick) from the Taser camera which was deployed before she fired two bullets into the man’s back, as he lay face down on the ground in full compliance with her orders....
http://www.rawstory.com/2015/11/video-shows-cop-executing-man-as-hes-lying-face-down-and-complying/?utm_source=fark&utm_medium=referral&utm_campaign=rawstory

http://www.rawstory.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/11/Screen-Shot-2015-11-06-at-4.23.22-AM-800x430.jpg

revelarts
11-11-2015, 07:10 AM
http://orig10.deviantart.net/b28d/f/2013/299/5/1/roseville__ca__roadblock_by_robertqualls27-d6rx31h.jpg

Roseville, Ca. roadblock

Four law-enforcement officers were wounded Friday in a suburb of Sacramento, Calif., during an attempt to take a wanted gang member into custody.
The shooting occurred in Roseville, a suburb about 20 miles northeast of the state capital.
Helicopters circled overhead and armored vehicles and other police cars flocked to the area following an initial report that a U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement agent had been shot.
A sporadic gun battle lasted into the night and the commotion snarled traffic for hours. Police responded by setting up a checkpoint and pointing guns at motorists, as this Associated Press photo shows.

Read more at http://www.wnd.com/2013/10/photo-checkpoint-cops-point-guns-at-motorists/#yw2HAiEtASg0yCl3.99

indago
11-20-2015, 09:44 AM
From WXYZ News Detroit 19 November 2015:
---------------------------------------------------------------------
Former Inkster police officer William Melendez has been found guilty on two counts including assault and misconduct in the beating of Floyd Dent.

report/video (http://www.wxyz.com/news/jury-deliberating-in-trial-of-former-inkster-police-officer-william-melendez)

Melendez faces 10 years in prison for the assault.

indago
11-20-2015, 10:48 AM
Former Inkster police officer William Melendez has been found guilty on two counts including assault and misconduct in the beating of Floyd Dent.

report/video (http://www.wxyz.com/news/jury-deliberating-in-trial-of-former-inkster-police-officer-william-melendez)

That judge should be removed from the bench and charged with judicial misconduct. No observers in the courtroom are under arrest, and are free to leave if they feel like it.

indago
11-23-2015, 07:25 AM
From The Associated Press 22 November 2015:
A newspaper's analysis shows legal settlements from shootings involving officers from South Carolina municipalities have totaled about $23 million since 2009. The Post and Courier reports (http://goo.gl/fXZ0jG ) that its analysis shows that more than $17 million in the legal settlements have come this year.

...Insurers for the municipalities paid the bulk of the settlements, which typically stem from wrongful death or excessive force lawsuits. However, the settlements can lead to higher insurance premiums that are ultimately paid by taxpayers.

article (http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories/S/SC_OFFICER_SHOOTING_SETTLEMENTS?SITE=AP&SECTION=HOME&TEMPLATE=DEFAULT&CTIME=2015-11-22-12-50-13)

And that's just South Carolina! These settlements should come directly from the police budgets as a reminder of what happens when they tolerate "rogue cops" on their force.

revelarts
11-23-2015, 08:00 AM
From The Associated Press 22 November 2015:
A newspaper's analysis shows legal settlements from shootings involving officers from South Carolina municipalities have totaled about $23 million since 2009. The Post and Courier reports (http://goo.gl/fXZ0jG ) that its analysis shows that more than $17 million in the legal settlements have come this year.

...Insurers for the municipalities paid the bulk of the settlements, which typically stem from wrongful death or excessive force lawsuits. However, the settlements can lead to higher insurance premiums that are ultimately paid by taxpayers.

article (http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories/S/SC_OFFICER_SHOOTING_SETTLEMENTS?SITE=AP&SECTION=HOME&TEMPLATE=DEFAULT&CTIME=2015-11-22-12-50-13)

And that's just South Carolina! These settlements should come directly from the police budgets as a reminder of what happens when they tolerate "rogue cops" on their force.
This is something one former police chief mentioned as a part of the problem of having LEOs that regularly go overboard on the the payroll. City's losing millions on these lawsuits. And it's a problem he thinks can be addressed significantly at the hiring phase.
He mentioned that the psych test they do for police helps choose more physically aggressive candidates with LESS empathy than the average population. So police forces by default have guys that are more naturally prone to solve problems with violent confrontation rather than deescalation tactics.

Perianne
11-23-2015, 08:23 AM

Floyd Dent:

http://www.debatepolicy.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=7973&stc=1

William Melendez:

http://www.debatepolicy.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=7974&stc=1

Inkster:

Inkster is one of the few Metro Detroit suburbs whose population is majority African American. They should just let the Negroes do whatever they want to do.

Judge in the case Vonda Evans:

http://www.debatepolicy.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=7975&stc=1

When Judge Vonda Evans revoked William Melendez's bond Thursday, his wife stormed out of the courtroom.
A clearly agitated Evans ordered her back.
"Why would you storm out of my court? Don't do my courtroom like that!" said Evans.

The judge said she was acting childish after her husband was found guilty of assault and misconduct. He will be sentenced on Dec. 3.

http://www.wxyz.com/news/jury-deliberating-in-trial-of-former-inkster-police-officer-william-melendez

indago
11-25-2015, 06:39 AM
"When Judge Vonda Evans revoked William Melendez's bond Thursday, his wife stormed out of the courtroom.
A clearly agitated Evans ordered her back.
"Why would you storm out of my court? Don't do my courtroom like that!" said Evans.

The judge said she was acting childish after her husband was found guilty of assault and misconduct. He will be sentenced on Dec. 3."

The one who "was acting childish" was the judge. As already noted, "No observers in the courtroom are under arrest, and are free to leave if they feel like it." They have no obligation whatsoever to stay in the courtroom.

[QUOTE=Perianne;780108]
http://www.wxyz.com/news/jury-deliberating-in-trial-of-former-inkster-police-officer-william-melendez

Already posted.

revelarts
11-25-2015, 06:52 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b666R70ftcQ

County Judge John Murphy may have presided over his last case.
The Florida Supreme Court today suspended Murphy immediately without pay and has given him 20 days to show why he should keep his job.
Murphy has been under fire for a 2014 outburst in which he challenged a public defender to a fistfight (http://www.floridatoday.com/story/news/local/2014/06/03/war-words-judge-attorney-erupts-violence/9898821/). The scuffle took place just outside the courtroom and the audio was captured by recording devices.

http://www.gannett-cdn.com/-mm-/80224b2d62fae951c8483914c8154f50d01890db/c=288-0-4896-3456&r=x404&c=534x401/local/-/media/Brevard/2015/03/29/B9316765300Z.1_20150329232907_000_GS3ABIM59.1-0.jpg
in this corner John "the judge" Murrrrrrphyeeee!

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2015/10/06/22/2D26371C00000578-0-image-m-10_1444165985595.jpg
in this corner Andrew "Public Defender" Weiiiiinstoooooock!

jimnyc
11-25-2015, 06:57 AM
Black Officer Shoots White Man, No Media Outrage

As the nation has come to a standstill over the events in Ferguson where a white officer, Darren Wilson, shot and killed a black man, Mike Brown, race hustlers insist that racism goes both ways. Of course, as we all know this is a message of convenience rather than authenticity, its only further proven by the recent events where there is little outrage after a black officer shot and killed an unarmed white young man.

The incident occurred in Salt Lake City on Aug. 11 outside of a local 7-eleven where a police officer approached 20-year-old Dillon Taylor. Unlike the incident in Ferguson, a lapel cam on the officer caught the entire sequence of events and has yet to be released.

“You will see on camera … the actions of everyone involved, including up to the point where our officer utilizes deadly force and his response thereafter,” explained Police Chief Chris Burbank. “It would be wholly inappropriate to take the most vital piece of evidence that we have and put it out to the public prior to the officer having some due process.” He only further added that the video will be released at the “appropriate” time.

For the family and friends of Taylor, that time is now as they argue he was unarmed and presented no physical threat to the officer in question. Despite police claiming they were responding to reports of a “man waving around a gun,” Taylor’s friend Aaron Swanenberg states that the narrative doesn’t add up.

“It didn’t make sense to me when I first heard everything, and they tried to say he had a gun,” Swanenberg mentioned. “I knew Dillon. He never packed a gun.” When police arrived, they noticed a group of three boys, one of whom (Taylor), matched the description given in the 911 call.

Friends who were with him on the day of his death state that Taylor was wearing head phones at the time he was shot and may have been reaching to pull up his pants.

In a blatant smear campaign, police also reported that Taylor had, at the time of his death, “a $25,000 bench warrant for a probation violation in connection with felony robbery and obstructing justice convictions,” according to WND.

http://mrconservative.com/2014/08/48057-black-officer-shoots-white-man-no-media-outrage/

indago
11-25-2015, 06:57 AM
Some of these judges think that it is THEIR courtroom. It is not! They just preside over the actions that are brought there for adjudication.

As soon as I hear a judge announce "MY COURTROOM", I take a second look at his adjudications.

jimnyc
11-25-2015, 07:00 AM
Weird, I never even heard of this until today. But if the races were reversed...

South Carolina officer shoots unarmed white teen during pot bust

(CNN)You think you've heard this story before. A young, unarmed man is shot to death by a police officer. Black activists are outraged. The only difference with this scenario is that the young man was not black, but white.

Nineteen-year-old Zachary Hammond was on a date July 26 when he was fatally shot by a police officer while in parking lot at a Hardee's fast-food restaurant in Seneca, South Carolina, according to Eric Bland, the attorney representing the teen's family.

The Seneca Police Department said the officer was conducting a drug investigation and shot Hammond in self-defense.

"He was a uniformed officer, he was in a marked vehicle, was out of his vehicle on foot approaching the suspect vehicle -- weapon drawn given it was a narcotics-type violation," Seneca Police Chief John Covington said to CNN affiliate WHNS in Greenville. He added that the officer is now on administrative leave.

A small amount of marijuana was found in the front passenger's compartment in Hammond's car.

"He was a 19-year-old, 121-pound kid killed basically for a joint," Bland said.

http://www.cnn.com/2015/08/06/us/seneca-teen-dead-police-shooting/

indago
11-25-2015, 07:19 AM
Oh oh! The "hate cops" ilk is going to be on here like flies on cow pies...

revelarts
11-25-2015, 07:27 AM
Weird, I never even heard of this until today. But if the races were reversed...

(CNN)You think you've heard this story before. A young, unarmed man is shot to death by a police officer. Black activists are outraged. The only difference with this scenario is that the young man was not black, but white.

Nineteen-year-old Zachary Hammond was on a date July 26 when he was fatally shot by a police officer while in parking lot at a Hardee's fast-food restaurant in Seneca, South Carolina, according to Eric Bland, the attorney representing the teen's family.

The Seneca Police Department said the officer was conducting a drug investigation and shot Hammond in self-defense.

"He was a uniformed officer, he was in a marked vehicle, was out of his vehicle on foot approaching the suspect vehicle -- weapon drawn given it was a narcotics-type violation," Seneca Police Chief John Covington said to CNN affiliate WHNS in Greenville. He added that the officer is now on administrative leave.

A small amount of marijuana was found in the front passenger's compartment in Hammond's car.

just tell us why you hate police Jim?

jimnyc
11-25-2015, 07:28 AM
White teen killed by black cop in Alabama mirrors Ferguson

A two-year-old case involving the shooting death of an unarmed 18-year-old white man by a black police officer is gaining attention on social media in the wake of this week’s protests and rioting in Ferguson, Missouri.

Gilbert Collar, a white, unarmed 18-year-old under the influence of drugs was shot and killed Oct. 6, 2012, by Officer Trevis Austin, who is black, in Mobile, Alabama. Despite public pressure for an indictment, a Mobile County grand jury refused to bring charges against Officer Austin, concluding that the officer acted in self-defense.

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2014/nov/27/white-teen-gilbert-collar-killed-by-black-cop-trev/?page=all

jimnyc
11-25-2015, 08:00 AM
Surprised I never heard of this one, especially with a veteran involved.

-----

ustice for Trayvon Martin? How about Justice for James Whitehead? James Whitehead was a white veteran who had recently come back from war. Orange, TX Police Officer Robert Arnold (who has a history of violence) shot and killed unarmed James Whitehead. Arnold is black. Arnold was not in his uniform and did not have a badge. Whitehead got into a verbal altercation about a bad part for his vehicle. James Whitehead did not ever get violent or attack Arnold or anyone else. Whitehead was wrong to get into a verbal altercation but at most he would have gotten a ticket and a fine. Whitehead decided to stop arguing and just leave and that is when Arnold shot the unarmed man dead right on the spot. Arnold was fired for the incident and for his other violent past incidents. Even Arnold's fellow police officers wanted Arnold to be charged with murder. Arnold was never charged and got away with murder. Arnold has enlisted race baiter Lawyer Cade Bernsen (the white Al Sharpton) to sue the city claiming he was fired because he was black and not because he shot an unarmed white man.

Why is there no outrage or protests from Al Sharpton for the countless times a black person kills an unarmed White, Hispanic or Black person?

There was outrage when an unarmed black Trayvon Martin was shot and killed by half-white/half-Hispanic George Zimmerman. People claimed Trayvon was shot because of race, even though Trayvon attacked and was beating Zimmerman. Even half-white/half-black President Obama got involved and said if Trayvon was white then he never would have been killed? Really? So unarmed white people have never been killed? Really? Does the President live under a rock? It happens all the time. James Whitehead is just one example.

I previously wrote a detailed article about Robert Arnold killing James Whitehead. In light of the current Trayvon Martin/George Zimmerman events, I have posted the full story below for all to read about what happened and how Arnold got away with murder:

Police Officers Say Orange, TX Cop Wrongfully Killed Unarmed War Hero over Racial Slur, Now Killer Wants Back on the Force.

A former Orange, Texas cop is currently trying to force the Orange Police Department to give him his job back, while at the same time, a Police Officer who worked with him wants him charged in killing the unarmed man. Plus, other officers say the investigation was rigged and falsified which led to the first grand jury handing down a no-bill. This police officer in question is Robert Arnold. Arnold (who is black) shot and killed James Whitehead (who is white). Whitehead was unarmed and sitting in his truck when he was shot. Witnesses say that Whitehead was shot in cold blood by Arnold after Whitehead used a racial slur.

http://www.texasgopvote.com/issues/restore-families/justice-james-black-cop-shoots-unarmed-white-veteran-orange-tx-over-racial-slur-0057061

revelarts
11-25-2015, 08:10 AM
!sarcasm alert! !sarcasm alert!!sarcasm alert!!sarcasm alert!

the kid broke the law, if he'd just never had the joint he wouldn't be dead. to bad his kind are born with joints in their hands. He's probably got a record as long as your arm anyway.
we'l find that he was disruptive in school and threatened a store clerk a few days ago. mark it down. THEREFORE he deserved it, or had it coming anyway.

the police are totally justified, just doing his job, there's no story here.

the cop had to protect his life.
the "joint" could just as easily have been a shot gun.
plus, were you there? split second decision are made ever day like that. the kid played and he lost. to bad. he broke the law so it's all good.

If there's anything wrong the police dept. would say so after their investigation. everybody should just back off. and when the internal investigation is done and the hero LEO cleared everyone should accept it without question. and give the LEO an apology and a medal.

AND RACE had nothing to do with it.
the kid broke the law with illegal drugs.
Do you want the police to IGNORE crime? Or just IGNORE the crimes in white areas?

I bet that neighborhood has called the police before, now they're upset. hurumff!
the police do 99.999999% good and are heroes in all that they do. And never really do wrong but on RARE occasion slip and make mistakes.
But this is not --and no other case i've seen or admit -- one of those times. the kid had joint, probably high on something else as well. Do you know how STRONG (and scary) some of those "kids" are? case closed.

jimnyc
11-25-2015, 08:23 AM
That's an awful lot of sarcasm. It also took you well over half an hour to write (yes, you can see via who's online). An awful lot of effort to be sarcastic.

Be careful, your racism is showing again.

indago
11-25-2015, 08:46 AM
http://images.smh.com.au/2011/09/23/2644366/laugh_20110923114659163524-600x400.jpg

"Yeah, we wuz all askeered fer our lives, so we peppered 'im full o' holes..."

jimnyc
11-25-2015, 08:53 AM
"the po po is after us law abidin citeezeens for no reezun whatsoevers!" :laugh:

http://i.imgur.com/SgY0nP2.jpg

revelarts
11-25-2015, 09:05 AM
... Be careful, your racism is showing again.
just reflecting back a taste of what's come my way and what's been written on this board.

and BTW how often to you point out others horrible "racism" on this board Jim?
I've been scolded by other to "leave them alone". everyone seems fine with some people's racism --even respect their candor--, and MAKE NO COMMENTS or correction to it as it pours forth on a regular basis.
I've been on this board for a while and there's been a number of ovvert and covert white racist and racist comments but they and their comments never get called out as such, why is that?

indago
11-25-2015, 09:34 AM
I am reminded of the guy who was sitting on the edge of his bed with his head in his hands. Then, a voice was heard: "Cheer up! Things could get worse!" So, he cheered up, and sure enough, things got worse.

aboutime
11-25-2015, 03:00 PM
just reflecting back a taste of what's come my way and what's been written on this board.

and BTW how often to you point out others horrible "racism" on this board Jim?
I've been scolded by other to "leave them alone". everyone seems fine with some people's racism --even respect their candor--, and MAKE NO COMMENTS or correction to it as it pours forth on a regular basis.
I've been on this board for a while and there's been a number of ovvert and covert white racist and racist comments but they and their comments never get called out as such, why is that?

But rev. Every time you come here to DEFEND yourself from the racism you offer. YOU LOSE!

indago
11-29-2015, 10:08 AM
Failure to Protect and Serve

Journalist Mark Gillispie wrote for The Associated Press 9 January 2015:
A civil rights group says footage from a surveillance video that shows the fatal shooting of a 12-year-old boy carrying a pellet gun and the rough treatment of his teenage sister is evidence that Cleveland police officers fail to protect and serve citizens.

The surveillance video, released by the city Thursday, shows an officer shooting Tamir Rice and then another officer shoving the boy's 14-year-old sister to the ground when she runs toward the scene. The shooting occurred Nov. 22 outside a recreation center after the officers were answering a call about a man in the park with a gun. The video also shows officers handcuffing the struggling girl and putting her in a patrol car parked next to her brother.

The video begins with rookie Officer Timothy Loehmann shooting the boy within 2 seconds of Officer Frank Garmback stopping their patrol car. Police officials have said Loehmann ordered the boy three times to put his hands in the air...

article (http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories/U/US_CLEVELAND_POLICE_SHOOT_BOY?SITE=AP&SECTION=HOME&TEMPLATE=DEFAULT&CTIME=2015-01-09-22-17-56)

"they took an oath to protect and serve, not shoot and disregard."

Officer Loehmann must have shouted his command "three times to put his hands in the air" really quite rapidly to get it out within the two seconds before he shot.

From The New York Daily News 28 November 2015:
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Two independent experts have concluded that the fatal police shooting of Tamir Rice was unjustified... “The shooting of Tamir Rice was inconsistent with generally accepted standards and norms in police practices and ... it was an unreasonable and unjustified use of deadly force,” reads a report written by law enforcement expert Roger Clark. “The killing of this child was completely avoidable and preventable, and should never have occurred.”

article (http://www.nydailynews.com/news/national/experts-conclude-shooting-tamir-rice-unjustified-article-1.2449198)

jimnyc
11-29-2015, 11:19 AM
Two independent experts have concluded that the fatal police shooting of Tamir Rice was unjustified... “The shooting of Tamir Rice was inconsistent with generally accepted standards and norms in police practices and ... it was an unreasonable and unjustified use of deadly force,” reads a report written by law enforcement expert Roger Clark. “The killing of this child was completely avoidable and preventable, and should never have occurred.”

article (http://www.nydailynews.com/news/national/experts-conclude-shooting-tamir-rice-unjustified-article-1.2449198)

Certainly wouldn't have hurt of the kid wasn't walking around with a fake gun either, which results in a 911 call claiming that someone is in the park pointing a gun at people. While the kid in no way deserved to die, or even get shot for that fact - unfortunate things happen when someone walks around with a gun, or even a toy gun that looks like a real gun. In other words, it was also completely avoidable had this gun not been at the park. I'm not blaming the kid, just pointing out unfortunate circumstances. If I were to do the same, I would expect some sort of response. If it were my younger son with a fake gun, I would expect some sort of response. It was an unfortunate incident all the way around - but certainly not a racial incident where cops went around looking to kill a black kid.

revelarts
11-29-2015, 01:15 PM

seems pretty obvious.
no mention of black or white just "... general accepted standards and norms..."
thats all most people are hoping for from police. Consistent reasonable and justifiable police practices.
In this case they didn't do that.

Unless people want or somehow expect shooting kids with toy guns to be the general accepted standards and norms in police practice.

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
11-29-2015, 01:45 PM
Some of these judges think that it is THEIR courtroom. It is not! They just preside over the actions that are brought there for adjudication.

As soon as I hear a judge announce "MY COURTROOM", I take a second look at his adjudications.

It is the PEOPLE'S COURTROOM, NOT THE DAMN JUDGE'S.
FAR TOO MANY JUDGES, PROSECUTORS AND COPS ACT AS IF THEY ARE GODS.
And what is worse far too many people refuse to believe or admit just how bad that has now gotten!
I've seen judges render verdicts (not to me mind you) that were insane, excessive and totally outlandish but guess what those same judges went the other direction when the plaintiff was a black man or women= using kid gloves for the umphteenth time in many cases. Like the black guy 19 years old being let off with time served(4 days in jail awaiting court) after he pleaded guilty to being a peeping Tom. AND WAS ARRESTED THAT NIGHT ATTEMPTING TO OPEN A WINDOW WITH HIS POCKETKNIFE.
SOME LIBERAL JUDGES SHOULD THEMSELVES BE SENTENCED TO PRISON FOR THE CRAP THEY DO IMHO! tyr

Gunny
11-29-2015, 03:30 PM
It is the PEOPLE'S COURTROOM, NOT THE DAMN JUDGE'S.
FAR TOO MANY JUDGES, PROSECUTORS AND COPS ACT AS IF THEY ARE GODS.
And what is worse far too many people refuse to believe or admit just how bad that has now gotten!
I've seen judges render verdicts (not to me mind you) that were insane, excessive and totally outlandish but guess what those same judges went the other direction when the plaintiff was a black man or women= using kid gloves for the umphteenth time in many cases. Like the black guy 19 years old being let off with time served(4 days in jail awaiting court) after he pleaded guilty to being a peeping Tom. AND WAS ARRESTED THAT NIGHT ATTEMPTING TO OPEN A WINDOW WITH HIS POCKETKNIFE.
SOME LIBERAL JUDGES SHOULD THEMSELVES BE SENTENCED TO PRISON FOR THE CRAP THEY DO IMHO! tyr

I like the blacks that have been arrested 40 freakin' times. How do you get arrested 40 times and aren't in prison? And in every instance I've seen, it's blacks, not whites.

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
11-29-2015, 04:28 PM
I like the blacks that have been arrested 40 freakin' times. How do you get arrested 40 times and aren't in prison? And in every instance I've seen, it's blacks, not whites.

Yet the lying libs cry how the blacks are treated harsher in the courts!!!! --:mad::mad::mad::mad:
Sometimes it comes out a 27 year old black has had 25 to 35 felony arrests in the past.
How in the hell is it that the vermin is not already rotting in prison???
Answer-- stinking lib judges.... -Tyr

revelarts
11-29-2015, 06:09 PM

you're almost right... at least in one case, it was 62 times. He was black and arrested for "trespassing" 62 times. video (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Jz7JRLuYJM) Textlink (http://www.businessinsider.com/earl-sampsons-arrests-2013-11)
the problem is he was on his job at the store not trespassing there.
The stupid --not racist-- cops arrested him over and over again. the store owner filed complaints against the police and finally took video the BS arrests.

So that's one reason people get arrested often and don't go to prison.
Because some incompetent police are arresting people (mostly poor and ethnic) for BS. So they later go home.
the NY stop a frisk policy has done this as well. with Quotas for stops and arrest. Link (http://www.cnn.com/2013/03/22/justice/new-york-stop-and-frisk-trial/) link (http://www.nydailynews.com/new-york/testifies-called-rat-protesting-stop-and-frisk-quotas-article-1.1294612) Arresting blacks and Latinos for being "suspicious" or whatever then letting them go in the morning. If you're a cop whose told you have to make X number of stops and arrest. are you going to bother on the little white girl or biz man or the stray poor ethnic teen?
there are enough real crimes going on that cops can focus on but forcing the arrest and stops into a quota makes for A LOT of BS arrest.

aboutime
11-29-2015, 06:11 PM
you're almost right... at least in one case, it was 62 times. He was black and arrested for "trespassing" 62 times. video (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Jz7JRLuYJM) Textlink (http://www.businessinsider.com/earl-sampsons-arrests-2013-11)
the problem is he was on his job at the store not trespassing there.
The stupid --not racist-- cops arrested him over and over again. the store owner filed complaints against the police and finally took video the BS arrests.

So that's one reason people get arrested often and don't go to prison.
Because some incompetent police are arresting people (mostly blacks) for BS. So they can go home.
the NY stop a frisk policy has done this as well. with Quotas for stops and arrest. Link (http://www.cnn.com/2013/03/22/justice/new-york-stop-and-frisk-trial/) link (http://www.nydailynews.com/new-york/testifies-called-rat-protesting-stop-and-frisk-quotas-article-1.1294612) Arresting blacks and Latinos for being "suspicious" or whatever then letting them go in the morning. If you're a cop whose told you have to make X number of stops and arrest. are you goig to pick on the little white girl or biz man or the stray poor ethnic teen?
there are enough real crimes going on that cops can focus on but forcing the arrest and stops into a quota makes for A LOT of BS arrest.

Oh my. Another case where rev refuses to simply admit how much he hates cops. Not too obvious, based on the endless Context of almost every post.

revelarts
11-29-2015, 06:17 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cpepSMgRYzw

revelarts
11-29-2015, 06:20 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F_yUhS8OJgs

Elessar
11-29-2015, 08:45 PM
"Yeah, we wuz all askeered fer our lives, so we peppered 'im full o' holes..."

What is more impressive?

Your pic of officers or yours Jimmys' of a punk with a handgun?

Get real......

Elessar
11-29-2015, 08:49 PM
But rev. Every time you come here to DEFEND yourself from the racism you offer. YOU LOSE!

I think he has voices in his head.

Elessar
11-29-2015, 08:52 PM
Certainly wouldn't have hurt of the kid wasn't walking around with a fake gun either, which results in a 911 call claiming that someone is in the park pointing a gun at people. While the kid in no way deserved to die, or even get shot for that fact - unfortunate things happen when someone walks around with a gun, or even a toy gun that looks like a real gun. In other words, it was also completely avoidable had this gun not been at the park. I'm not blaming the kid, just pointing out unfortunate circumstances. If I were to do the same, I would expect some sort of response. If it were my younger son with a fake gun, I would expect some sort of response. It was an unfortunate incident all the way around - but certainly not a racial incident where cops went around looking to kill a black kid.

Indago and Rev do not care.

Evil cops! Evil racists!

Narrow-minded and judgmental.

Likely never had to strap a service belt in their life.

revelarts
11-29-2015, 09:25 PM
Evil cops! Evil racists!
do you care about the dead kid? or just "all" cops reputation?

indago
11-30-2015, 08:17 AM
Oh oh! The "hate cops" ilk is going to be on here like flies on cow pies...

Did I call this shot, or did I call this shot...

indago
11-30-2015, 08:20 AM

Elessar is interested in cover-up...

Charles M. Blow wrote for The New York Times 30 November 2015:
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I spent Wednesday night following a gaggle of protesters through the streets of downtown Chicago. The air was unseasonably warm, but the sentiment in the air burned with a rage and revulsion. Disturbing video had been released of the police shooting of 17-year-old Laquan McDonald. ...Broad discontent rippled through the crowd of protesters as people suggested a wide-ranging cover-up, from the $5 million settlement the city paid to McDonald’s family and its timing (it was reached days after Mayor Rahm Emanuel won a runoff re-election), the 400 days it took the prosecutor to bring charges even though the video existed, the silence of the other officers on the scene, and efforts to suppress the video itself.

...“The whole damned system is guilty as hell.”

...The only reason that these killings keep happening is because most of American society tacitly approves or willfully tolerates it. There is no other explanation. If America wanted this to end, it would end.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

article (http://www.nytimes.com/2015/11/30/opinion/laquan-mcdonald-and-the-system.html?ref=todayspaper)

One commenter wrote: "The Laquan problem cannot be rectified until the Baltimore problem is addressed."

indago
11-30-2015, 06:20 PM
The Cover Up

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ww8zlVoOI_s

Elessar
11-30-2015, 08:10 PM

I did not suggest that. I have run into some bad cops, just like
bad other humans. But you typecasting assumes most are bad.
I am trained in L.E.,, You do not know what you are talking about.

You just like to preach without knowing facts,
trying to put words into other's mouths.

This very thread vilifies L.E. with a broad brush by someone
who has a past to hide.

If you find a perfect human being, I will gladly kiss your whiney
ass in the middle of FEDEX Field, and give you a week to sell tickets
and draw a crowd.

Why not come up with some of the good cop stories instead of supporting a LE hater?
Thought you might be smarter than that. Appears not.

Elessar
11-30-2015, 08:11 PM
Elessar is interested in cover-up...

"

You are so full of shit..

Black Diamond
11-30-2015, 08:14 PM

Black Diamond
11-30-2015, 08:21 PM
I did not suggest that. I have run into some bad cops, just like
bad other humans. But you typecasting assumes most are bad.
I am trained in L.E.,, You do not know what you are talking about.

You just like to preach without knowing facts,
trying to put words into other's mouths.

This very thread vilifies L.E. with a broad brush by someone
who has a past to hide.

Why not come up with some of the good cop stories instead of supporting a LE hater?
You had the audacity of Hope. Lol

aboutime
11-30-2015, 09:12 PM

Evil cops! Evil racists!

Elessar. It has become a very highly, proven fact. Not to mention more than 50 years of dealing with liars who hate. How anyone who must always attract, or draw attention to others they do not even know,(as in police officers, or Law enforcement)...how those doing the endless accusing, do so to Distract, and Hide their own guilt over something they are convinced...Nobody will recognize.

Elessar
11-30-2015, 09:22 PM
Elessar. It has become a very highly, proven fact. Not to mention more than 50 years of dealing with liars who hate. How anyone who must always attract, or draw attention to others they do not even know,(as in police officers, or Law enforcement)...how those doing the endless accusing, do so to Distract, and Hide their own guilt over something they are convinced...Nobody will recognize.

Yeah....I know. But the endless pontificating Holier-than-Thou stuff is pure crap.

Time they got out of the basement and saw the real world.:laugh:

indago
11-30-2015, 11:54 PM
Yes, it is looking more and more that the "hate cops" ilk is mainly interested in cover-up...

indago
12-01-2015, 06:33 AM

What's the matter, you can't find anything?

indago
12-01-2015, 06:48 AM
Interview with Brandon Smith, Journalist who sued for the release of the McDonald shooting video...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gLULOeaFqJ0

revelarts
12-01-2015, 07:17 AM

If you actually to time to look at all that i've posted here you'd see SEVERAL good cop stories throughout this thread and posted elsewhere by me.

But all you and others seem able to see are the bad ones.
All you can think of are the post of obviously bad police -- the bad that you're aware of-- but instead of being upset at the bad cops getting away with murder and abuse of all kinds you're mad at me for bringing them up. WHY IS THAT? what have i attacked or exposed that doesn't deserve it here?

i've said it at least 2 dozen times.
I don't hate cops, I hate BAD COPS, and the systems that cover for them and make it hard for good cops and locals to function.
And you wonder about my "history", well in my history i used to assume much better of ALL cops but as i grew older i realized more and more that that blanket trust was misplaced so now i go on a CASE BY CASE basis. As i do with politicians, lawyers, plumbers, and all professions.
As a LEO the work is far more risky and the consequences more immediate and profound when they make mistakes or are corrupt. Some cops are nearly angels in what they do but some cops are scum bags that deserve prison or worse. Most are some where between.
So i do not believe in saving the general reputation of LEOs so that the bad ones can continue breaking the law unmolested and unexposed under the cover of the good ones.

you're a smart guy maybe you can understand that.
Instead of assuming that we should only speak/think well of LEOs and if not then it can ONLY mean we hate all cops.
LEOs deserve all the commendation they get when they do well -as most do on a daily basis- but individually or as depts they are not above criticism, critical examination or severe condemnation when they cross the line from their sworn duty or break the law.

aboutime
12-01-2015, 05:01 PM
If you actually to time to look at all that i've posted here you'd see SEVERAL good cop stories throughout this thread and posted elsewhere by me.

But all you and others seem able to see are the bad ones.
All you can think of are the post of obviously bad police -- the bad that you're aware of-- but instead of being upset at the bad cops getting away with murder and abuse of all kinds you're mad at me for bringing them up. WHY IS THAT? what have i attacked or exposed that doesn't deserve it here?

I don't hate cops, I hate BAD COPS, and the systems that cover for them and make it hard for good cops and locals to function.
And you wonder about my "history", well in my history i used to assume much better of ALL cops but as i grew older i realized more and more that that blanket trust was misplaced so now i go on a CASE BY CASE basis. As i do with politicians, lawyers, plumbers, and all professions.
As a LEO the work is far more risky and the consequences more immediate and profound when they make mistakes or are corrupt. Some cops are nearly angels in what they do but some cops are scum bags that deserve prison or worse. Most are some where between.
So i do not believe in saving the general reputation of LEOs so that the bad ones can continue breaking the law unmolested and unexposed under the cover of the good ones.

you're a smart guy maybe you can understand that.
Instead of assuming that we should only speak/think well of LEOs and if not then it can ONLY mean we hate all cops.
LEOs deserve all the commendation they get when they do well -as most do on a daily basis- but individually or as depts they are not above criticism, critical examination or severe condemnation when they cross the line from their sworn duty or break the law.

Therein lies your problem rev. You preach to the rest of us about hatred....and you freely admit you HATE.

I learned from a very learned man of the cloth, long ago. When You hate. You become the hater. So, which are you?

revelarts
12-01-2015, 06:13 PM
Therein lies your problem rev. You preach to the rest of us about hatred....and you freely admit you HATE.

I learned from a very learned man of the cloth, long ago. When You hate. You become the hater. So, which are you?
do you hate ISIS about time? Do you hate terrorist?

jimnyc
12-01-2015, 06:41 PM
I don't hate cops, I hate BAD COPS,

Let me ask a question, and hope things don't go sideways as a result. You have an issue with bad cops, cops that shoot folks you or other think are innocent.

But what you put into these posts, to show others your hatred for bad cops - why don't you seem to show this outside of the bad cops? Are they the only bad people in the world? I have to be honest, you don't even really seem to go after terrorists, unless someone pushes you, and even then generally your first thoughts are about rights. (Yes, I KNOW you don't support terrorists, just making points). There ARE black cops shooting unarmed white folks. Then outside of this thread, there are endless black folks outside the police that are "bad" and killing people, literally in record numbers. I don't see them getting much attention, if any. You seem to want to point out each and every bad thing that happens to black folks, especially when it comes from the police. At the same time, you don't seem to say much when it's the other way around.

And no, not just you. I've pointed out several others who seem to want to poke at all kinds of shit, but then stay silent on terrorism, and muslims... But I'm not replying to any of them right now, just saw the bold in this one and thought I would reply.

I don't really ever see you starting threads about a dead terrorist or similar. I don't see you really starting any threads about a black person doing something wrong, police or not. And yes, before you ask, I post both ways. Bad is bad, scum is scum. But if you wonder why people ask questions, or have you supposedly saying things 2 dozen times - it's likely because they see you participating in an endless thread which is overwhelmingly about condemning bad police, seeing you doing the same in other threads... and then running on empty and somewhat silent on the other subjects I mentioned. I know you can just pass this off and say "well others do this and that...", but I'm hoping you'll take the more honest route.

aboutime
12-01-2015, 08:04 PM
do you hate ISIS about time? Do you hate terrorist?

NO! I hate no-one. Look at all the enemies of good people around the world. Do I hate them? I don't know them. Even while I was in uniform for 30 years, serving on WARSHIPS around the World. I didn't hate anyone, even if I knew they were like ISIS is today.

As I said earlier. When you hate (in any case), you become just like those you claim to hate. SO....NO!

I disagree, do not like, do not admire, will not follow, will not associate with hundreds of people. But I do not hate them. I do not want to BECOME THEM.

revelarts
12-02-2015, 09:17 AM
Let me ask a question.... Jim why do you only pick out one part of my post that you don't like and then try to pull it apart without ANY acknowledgement of the rest of my post. I'll be glad to address your question on this if we could at least see each others views with some point of agreement before we deal with what you suspect is a problem.

And since you replied to my post how about you replying to my questions there 1st.
"...what have i attacked that does not deserve it?" And why am I pointed out as having some problem here rather than the abusive police who falsely arrest jail and kill people?
(white, black and blue cops committing crimes against everyone BTW. I've never made it ONLY a black thing it's a "bad policing thing" imo.)

revelarts
12-02-2015, 09:42 AM
NO! I hate no-one. Look at all the enemies of good people around the world. Do I hate them? I don't know them. Even while I was in uniform for 30 years, serving on WARSHIPS around the World. I didn't hate anyone, even if I knew they were like ISIS is today.

As I said earlier. When you hate (in any case), you become just like those you claim to hate. SO....NO!

I disagree, do not like, do not admire, will not follow, will not associate with hundreds of people. But I do not hate them. I do not want to BECOME THEM.

Very cool AT, I agree with you and frankly I try to do the same. I was only adapting the words put ON ME by folks like yourself frankly with the repeated questions like ---rev why do you hate cops---. I suspect that few want to believe that I don't "Hate" even bad police since for some crazy reason I want cops who abuse their power, hurt and jail people wrongly to be fired or in jail. Somehow that's translated in some peoples minds to "hate" rather than justice. So rather than fight the label i used.

But I won't use it for myself in the future because it does not reflect what's happening emotionally with me either. I want justice, I bugs the crap out of me to see people in positions that are set up purely to do do right flipping it to do wrong.
That goes for preachers/priest, police, gov't officials, abusive parents, health care workers and the like.

Some professions are BUILT with integrity and protection as foundational to it's function and it really disturbs me to see the role abused and corrupted and then people cover for it.

In my mind it's worse if a parent abuses their own child than when a stranger does it.
It's worse when a preacher steals the widows small inheritance than when the shifty lawyer does it.
It's worse when your own Dr sells you harmful drugs to make a kickback rather than the college drug dealers.
and it's worse if your killed by a cop for not respecting his a-tho-ra-tah than if some random thug kills you because he does like your looks.

It's all about the same in the end but there is a real and practical DOUBLE ABUSE that's occurred. One that can be more easily repeated, made worse, denied and covered up by others in attempts to rightly defend the professions/roles.

But maybe it's all the same you guys.

jimnyc
12-02-2015, 10:43 AM
Jim why do you only pick out one part of my post that you don't like and then try to pull it apart without ANY acknowledgement of the rest of my post. I'll be glad to address your question on this if we could at least see each others views with some point of agreement before we deal with what you suspect is a problem.

And since you replied to my post how about you replying to my questions there 1st.
"...what have i attacked that does not deserve it?" And why am I pointed out as having some problem here rather than the abusive police who falsely arrest jail and kill people?
(white, black and blue cops committing crimes against everyone BTW. I've never made it ONLY a black thing it's a "bad policing thing" imo.)

Never mind, I had a suspicion that the stuff I brought up would be too difficult to address. :rolleyes: I'll just move along now.

revelarts
12-02-2015, 11:03 AM
Never mind, I had a suspicion that the stuff I brought up would be too difficult to address. :rolleyes: I'll just move along now.

Not really, I had whole reply written to all your points then thought, wait a minute these guys are putting it on me again. Why can't they answer my question 1st before i reply for change.

but i guess that's to hard for you.
so yeah move along.:rolleyes:

Gunny
12-02-2015, 11:13 AM
Very cool AT, I agree with you and frankly I try to do the same. I was only adapting the words put ON ME by folks like yourself frankly with the repeated questions like ---rev why do you hate cops---. I suspect that few want to believe that I don't "Hate" even bad police since for some crazy reason I want cops who abuse their power, hurt and jail people wrongly to be fired or in jail. Somehow that's translated in some peoples minds to "hate" rather than justice. So rather than fight the label i used.

But I won't use it for myself in the future because it does not reflect what's happening emotionally with me either. I want justice, I bugs the crap out of me to see people in positions that are set up purely to do do right flipping it to do wrong.
That goes for preachers/priest, police, gov't officials, abusive parents, health care workers and the like.

Some professions are BUILT with integrity and protection as foundational to it's function and it really disturbs me to see the role abused and corrupted and then people cover for it.

In my mind it's worse if a parent abuses their own child than when a stranger does it.
It's worse when a preacher steals the widows small inheritance than when the shifty lawyer does it.
It's worse when your own Dr sells you harmful drugs to make a kickback rather than the college drug dealers.
and it's worse if your killed by a cop for not respecting his a-tho-ra-tah than if some random thug kills you because he does like your looks.

It's all about the same in the end but there is a real and practical DOUBLE ABUSE that's occurred. One that can be more easily repeated, made worse, denied and covered up by others in attempts to rightly defend the professions/roles.

But maybe it's all the same you guys.

Anyone in a position of authority that abuses it is dirt in MY eyes. I had one of my junior Drill Instructors relieved for cause because he just couldn't quit abusing recruits. With authority comes responsibility. The propensity to abuse that authority is real. A lot of these people in positions of authority believe that the position is who they are and are nothing when they aren't playing that role.

But, do you think you're getting the cream of the crop at $35k for endless hours of forced overtime on a thankless job? There's not a lot of difference between being in the military and being a cop.

What I hate about this thread is the on-sided viewpoint presented by the OP. I've known some dumbasses looking for glory from Pvt to General officer. Most though just go out and do their jobs. Everyone's always focusing on the negative and not the actual sacrifice the 99% make for peanuts. I got medals in a shadow box somewhere, and I get "thanks for your service", but none of that pays the rent.

When was the last time anyone thanked a cop for sitting up all night in 20 degree weather with leftover coffee from the day before, with only one eye half open just waiting to respond to someone in distress?

revelarts
12-02-2015, 12:42 PM
Anyone in a position of authority that abuses it is dirt in MY eyes. I had one of my junior Drill Instructors relieved for cause because he just couldn't quit abusing recruits. With authority comes responsibility. The propensity to abuse that authority is real. A lot of these people in positions of authority believe that the position is who they are and are nothing when they aren't playing that role.

But, do you think you're getting the cream of the crop at $35k for endless hours of forced overtime on a thankless job? There's not a lot of difference between being in the military and being a cop.

agreed

What I hate about this thread is the on-sided viewpoint presented by the OP. I've known some dumbasses looking for glory from Pvt to General officer. Most though just go out and do their jobs. Everyone's always focusing on the negative and not the actual sacrifice the 99% make for peanuts. I got medals in a shadow box somewhere, and I get "thanks for your service", but none of that pays the rent.

When was the last time anyone thanked a cop for sitting up all night in 20 degree weather with leftover coffee from the day before, with only one eye half open just waiting to respond to someone in distress?
Yes I can get that, but there are several items Indago and i have posted of GOOD cop stories too.
But in some cases those aren't even read or maybe they are assumed bad as well.
AndFew even thanked those post, let alone the commented on the good cops in them.

but i have to ask, have you thanked any cops for doing those things you've mentioned?
I haven't done much thanking in general myself. we all should be more grateful to the good ones.

I've thanks a few cops for just being in a park or at a school while my daughter or nephews were there.
the last speeding ticket i got I took to court and sincerely and publicly in open court thanked the cop for her professionalism and kindness. I said that I had never in my life gotten a ticket in such a kind and professional way. Told the judge she was nicest cop i've met in my life.

But that's the closet i've come to directly thanking police other than a few police memorials I've had a small part in working on and going to to honor fallen police.

Is that enough? maybe not.

I try to give credit where credit is due but I won't pull any punches just because the profession of policing is an honorable one.
no, especially because the profession is an honorable one. And the bad cops and systematic cover ups and bad policies are a stain that should be exposed and removed.

revelarts
12-02-2015, 09:34 PM
Case in point one police dept. the Narco dept planted drugs and sent innocent people -blacks- to jail for decades.

Leaked Documents Show Alabama Police Department Planted Drugs On Black Men For Years

HUNDREDS OF CASES PROSECUTED WITH PLANTED EVIDENCE, MANY WRONGLY CONVICTED STILL IN PRISON

The Alabama Justice Project (http://alabamajusticeproject.com/) has obtained documents that reveal a Dothan Police Department’s Internal Affairs investigation was covered up by the district attorney. A group of up to a dozen police officers on a specialized narcotics team were found to have planted drugs and weapons on young black men for years. They were supervised at the time by Lt. Steve Parrish, current Dothan Police Chief, and Sgt. Andy Hughes, current Asst. Director of Homeland Security for the State of Alabama. All of the officers reportedly were members of a Neoconfederate organization ....... Both Parrish and Hughes held leadership positions in the group and are pictured above holding a confederate battle flag at one of the club’s secret meetings.
The documents shared reveal that the internal affairs investigation was covered up to protect the aforementioned officers’ law enforcement careers and keep them from being criminally prosecuted.
Several long term Dothan law enforcement officers, all part of an original group that initiated the investigation, believe the public has a right to know that the Dothan Police Department, and District Attorney Doug Valeska, targeted young black men by planting drugs and weapons on them over a decade. Most of the young men were prosecuted, many sentenced to prison, and some are still in prison. Many of the officers involved were subsequently promoted and are in leadership positions in law enforcement. They hope the mood of the country is one that demands action and that the US Department of Justice will intervene.
The group of officers requested they be granted anonymity, and shared hundreds of files from the Internal Affairs Division. They reveal a pattern of criminal behavior from within the highest levels of the Dothan Police Department and the district attorney’s office in the 20th Judicial District of Alabama. Multiple current and former officers have agreed to testify if United States Attorney General Loretta Lynch appoints a special prosecutor from outside the state of Alabama, or before a Congressional hearing. The officers believe that there are currently nearly a thousand wrongful convictions resulting in felonies from the 20th Judicial District that are tied to planted drugs and weapons and question whether a system that allows this can be allowed to continue to operate....

http://www.mintpressnews.com/leaked-documents-show-alabama-police-department-planted-drugs-on-black-men-for-years/211745/

It seems folks in the community have been saying this for sometime but now ONLY AFTER SOME INTERNAL INVESTIGATION COPS OF THE AREA (not a misc blog) decided to do what's right after years of keeping quiet.

If they hadn't basically confessed to this long term cover up I suspect most people would claim that it's just blacks bad mouthing the police. That the jail birds are lying And that if they hadn't done the drug crime they wouldn't be in jail.

This is the kind of thing that the REASONABLE activist point out as the reason for blacks being generally upset and distrustfull of police and the justice system. And why one incident of questionable blame might spark a stupid riot. It's the straw that broke the camels back at work.
Many people in various communities across the country already KNOW about the decades of police and justice system misconduct race based and otherwise NOT reported. I'm glad this long term problem has been exposed and hopefully corrected.

revelarts
12-02-2015, 10:54 PM
more from the above story. links to official police documents

<tbody>
....The documents shared reveal that the internal affairs investigation was covered up to protect the aforementioned officers’ law enforcement careers and keep them from being criminally prosecuted....

...Beginning in early 1996, the Dothan Police Department received complaints from black victims that drugs and weapons were being planted. Specifically young black men who had clean records were targeted. Police Chief, John White, allegedly instructed senior officers to ignore the complaints and they willingly complied....

...In early 1998, a group of concerned white officers from within the Police Department complained in writing about what they witnessed. This is reflected in the document below where it refers to a series of allegations that took place over 11 months before the department acted. The initial written complaint from the department’s own officers is dated June, 1998. The internal memo documents the last allegation as occurring in April of 1999. Almost a year of internal complaints by the department’s own police officers passed before Chief White turned it over to the Internal Affairs Division....

On August 27, 1999 more than a dozen officers had allegations against them for planting drugs and weapons on black men they had falsely arrested. They were each notified of a formal investigation and required to prepare statements in writing to the Internal Affairs Division. They were then tested by polygraph examination, most reportedly failed. The notification of charges reference a combination of marijuana, cocaine, and guns being planted on citizens during arrests that were witnessed by multiple fellow police officers.....

...All of these cases involving planted drugs and weapons were subsequently prosecuted by District Attorney, Doug Valeska, despite the written allegations by police officers that the evidence was planted. Never was any such information shared in the discovery process with the defendant’s attorneys. We have been advised that each of these are considered felonies committed by the district attorney....

...The original group of officers were dismayed that the investigation was covered up. Even more disturbing, the officers responsible were then promoted in the department. They allege the practice of planting drugs continued for years on black men by those who were part of the group.....

</tbody>

Leaked Documents Reveal Dothan Police Department Planted Drugs on Young Black Men For Years, District Attorney Doug Valeska Complicit | The Henry County Report (http://henrycountyreport.com/blog/2015/12/01/leaked-documents-reveal-dothan-police-department-planted-drugs-on-young-black-men-for-years-district-attorney-doug-valeska-complicit/)

Perianne
12-02-2015, 10:59 PM
I give it to you, rev. That is terrible.

indago
12-02-2015, 11:12 PM
"the officers responsible were then promoted in the department. They allege the practice of planting drugs continued for years on black men by those who were part of the group"

Of course, the "hate cops" ilk here would like the coverup to continue and not be talked about.

indago
12-02-2015, 11:25 PM
What I hate about this thread is the on-sided viewpoint presented by the OP.

For the "hate cops" ilkers:

Then why don't you get off your ass and present another "viewpoint" of the posts disagreed with instead of just Whining'nSniveling about it? I've mentioned this before. And, there is a WhinySnively thread for the Whining'nSniveling ilkers:

HERE (http://www.debatepolicy.com/showthread.php?49744-The-aboutime-and-Gunny-Snivel-Thread&p=735589#post735589)

Black Diamond
12-02-2015, 11:40 PM

Then why don't you get off your ass and present another "viewpoint" of the posts disagreed with instead of just Whining'nSniveling about it? I've mentioned this before. And, there is a WhinySnively thread for the Whining'nSniveling ilkers:

HERE (http://www.debatepolicy.com/showthread.php?49744-The-aboutime-and-Gunny-Snivel-Thread&p=735589#post735589)

I am pretty sure it's already been done.

Gunny
12-03-2015, 12:07 AM

Why? Nobody listens to you. You're like having a rash. Do you think anyone actually reads your posts. boy who cries wolf? We already know what they say. And NOTHING I could present is going to change your stupid mentality. So I should waste my time on it? I just consider you Chicken Little and :poke: when I'm bored.

indago
12-03-2015, 12:15 AM
Why? Nobody listens to you. You're like having a rash. Do you think anyone actually reads your posts. boy who cries wolf? We already know what they say. And NOTHING I could present is going to change your stupid mentality. So I should waste my time on it? I just consider you Chicken Little and :poke: when I'm bored.

For nobody reading the posts, there sure as hell is a lot of Whining'nSniveling about it...

Gunny
12-03-2015, 12:21 AM
For nobody reading the posts, there sure as hell is a lot of Whining'nSniveling about it...

Sure is. Every single one of you posts is whining and sniveling.

revelarts
12-03-2015, 12:55 AM
I give it to you, rev. That is terrible.

it's horrific.

But it doesn't mean or imply that ALL cops are bad.
It means that THAT city had bad police leadership, a group of bad cops AND a corrupt prosecutor.
And the good cops who reported it internally were caught in bad law enforcement system that didn't allow the information to get past the doors for over 20 years.

the "somebody would have talked" concept finally got past that city's hurdles.
Groups of people can keep quiet for a very long time.
But the thing is people were already talking, but few were believing it except probably friends and families of the good but WAY TOO slow to speak up publicly LEOs...
and the families of the innocent victims.

It's particularly bad case but this type of thing is not a unicorn.
and it not always just "a few bad apples". like in that city some other cities have bad leadership and systems that make it harder for good cops.

FYI Here are some other good cops talking about some of what they've seen.
An interview with the Baltimore cop who’s revealing all the horrible things he saw on the job - The Washington Post (http://www.washingtonpost.com/news/the-watch/wp/2015/06/25/an-interview-with-the-baltimore-cop-whos-revealing-all-the-horrible-things-he-saw-on-the-job/?tid=pm_opinions_pop_b)

Broken Badges (http://www.amazon.com/Broken-Badges-Police-Internal-Affairs/dp/1937565890/)
Former Det Police Chief LA PD ... decades of work with internal affairs.

Police Unbound: Corruption, Abuse, and Heroism by the Boys in Blue (http://www.amazon.com/Police-Unbound-Corruption-Abuse-Heroism-ebook/dp/B003980ICU/)
Former chief of police in Minneapolis and commander of the Bronx police force Tony Bouza

Brotherhood of Corruption: A Cop Breaks the Silence on Police Abuse, Brutality, and Racial Profiling (http://www.amazon.com/Brotherhood-Corruption-Silence-Brutality-Profiling-ebook/dp/B005HF3QAY/)
A former Chicago cop.

Breaking the Blue Wall: One Man's War Against Police Corruption
(http://www.amazon.com/Breaking-Blue-Wall-Against-Corruption-ebook/dp/B006WM8BEC/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1449121551&sr=8-1&keywords=Breaking+the+Blue+Wall%3A+One+Man%27s+War +Against+Police+Corruption)New Jersey State Trooper, Justin Hopson

The Police Are Still Out of Control - Frank Serpico - POLITICO Magazine (http://www.politico.com/magazine/story/2014/10/the-police-are-still-out-of-control-112160.html?ml=m_po)

indago
12-03-2015, 06:50 AM
The "hate cops" ilkers remind me of the student who complained about a sermon he heard at Oklahoma Wesleyan University Chapel, and it made him feel offended. The response from Dr. Everett Piper, President of the University: "This is Not a Day Care."

article (http://www.okwu.edu/blog/2015/11/this-is-not-a-day-care-its-a-university/)

Gunny
12-03-2015, 02:44 PM
The "hate cops" ilkers remind me of the student who complained about a sermon he heard at Oklahoma Wesleyan University Chapel, and it made him feel offended. The response from Dr. Everett Piper, President of the University: "This is Not a Day Care."

article (http://www.okwu.edu/blog/2015/11/this-is-not-a-day-care-its-a-university/)

You can say what you want shit for brains. You put it out on the board, and it's fair game and will feel free to say do the same. You're no better than a jihadist. Completely one-sided, irrational point of view. I never said shut up. I just called you stupid. There's a difference.

Elessar
12-03-2015, 02:51 PM
You can say what you want shit for brains. You put it out on the board, and it's fair game and will feel free to say do the same. You're no better than a jihadist. Completely one-sided, irrational point of view. I never said shut up. I just called you stupid. There's a difference.

I still strongly believe he has something to hide...
Shady past or present, perhaps?

Gunny
12-03-2015, 02:56 PM
I still strongly believe he has something to hide...
Shady past or present, perhaps?

Maybe. I don't know. I don't trust cops and I don't like them. Might have something to do with my shady past :laugh:. But I DO understand they have a job to do and I understand the job. My objection is to posting 12 pages of "this bad cop did that". I could post more pages of "this Marine/Sailor/Soldier?Airman did that" than he can dream of. And those people represent less than 10% of the force.

indago
12-03-2015, 08:23 PM

Really galls ya, don't it...

http://i38.tinypic.com/232ohc.jpg

indago
12-03-2015, 08:24 PM
Journalist Laurie Hanna wrote for The New York Daily News 3 December 2015:
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
A Maryland police officer has been convicted of assault after being caught on camera pointing a gun at a man’s head. Prince George's County Police Officer Jenchesky Santiago was found guilty of inappropriate use of his service weapon as he arrested William Cunningham outside his home. ...Officer Santiago, a two-year veteran of the force, was convicted of first and second degree assault as well as two other lesser charges. He could now face 45 years in prison.

...Cunningham said he was in a vehicle with his cousin and stopped outside of his home last May when the officer approached them claiming the two were illegally parked.

Cunningham stepped out of the vehicle to go to his home, when the situation with Santiago escalated.

“Get back over there, get back in the car,” Santiago shouts at Cunningham as he pushes him away from his house in Bowie.

When Cunningham protests, “You put a gun to my head!” Santiago yells backs, “You're right.”

Santiago continues to push Cunningham towards the car, before pointing the gun directly at his forehead.

Cunningham then stares down the barrel of a gun in a tense standoff, before Santiago challenges him.

”I dare you to f-----g fight me, son,” he says in the video.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

article/video (http://www.nydailynews.com/news/national/maryland-guilty-assault-pointing-gun-man-article-1.2453646)

aboutime
12-03-2015, 08:33 PM
Journalist Laurie Hanna wrote for The New York Daily News 3 December 2015:
A Maryland police officer has been convicted of assault after being caught on camera pointing a gun at a man’s head. Prince George's County Police Officer Jenchesky Santiago was found guilty of inappropriate use of his service weapon as he arrested William Cunningham outside his home. ...Officer Santiago, a two-year veteran of the force, was convicted of first and second degree assault as well as two other lesser charges. He could now face 45 years in prison.

...Cunningham said he was in a vehicle with his cousin and stopped outside of his home last May when the officer approached them claiming the two were illegally parked.

Cunningham stepped out of the vehicle to go to his home, when the situation with Santiago escalated.

“Get back over there, get back in the car,” Santiago shouts at Cunningham as he pushes him away from his house in Bowie.

When Cunningham protests, “You put a gun to my head!” Santiago yells backs, “You're right.”

Santiago continues to push Cunningham towards the car, before pointing the gun directly at his forehead.

Cunningham then stares down the barrel of a gun in a tense standoff, before Santiago challenges him.

”I dare you to f-----g fight me, son,” he says in the video.

article/video (http://www.nydailynews.com/news/national/maryland-guilty-assault-pointing-gun-man-article-1.2453646)

Once again indago...your hypocrisy manages to slip past your claims again. Still waiting for your lies to overrule your lying posts about how much you DON'T HATE COPS.

Elessar
12-03-2015, 08:35 PM
Here, Indago - suck on this one a while:

http://www.viralnova.com/freak-car-accident/?mb=aol&icid=maing-grid7%7Chtmlws-main-bb%7Cdl34%7Csec1_lnk2%26pLid%3D-1882508695

PixieStix
12-03-2015, 08:37 PM
I am reminded of the guy who was sitting on the edge of his bed with his head in his hands. Then, a voice was heard: "Cheer up! Things could get worse!" So, he cheered up, and sure enough, things got worse.

:laugh:

indago
12-05-2015, 07:36 AM
Journalist Don Babwin wrote for The Associated Press 3 December 2015:
The number of U.S. police officers charged with murder or manslaughter for on-duty shootings has tripled this year - a sharp increase that at least one expert says could be the result of more video evidence.

..."You have to wonder if there would have been charges if there wasn't video evidence."

...The importance of video was highlighted last week with the release of footage showing a Chicago officer fatally shooting a teenager 16 times. The officer said he feared for his life from the teen...

..."This had all the trappings of a life-threatening situation for a law-enforcement officer... "Except you have the video that shows a straight-out execution."

article (http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories/U/US_KILLINGS_BY_POLICE_CHARGES?SITE=AP&SECTION=HOME&TEMPLATE=DEFAULT&CTIME=2015-12-03-19-30-15)

The importance of this new medium...

Gunny
12-05-2015, 08:02 AM
The number of U.S. police officers charged with murder or manslaughter for on-duty shootings has tripled this year - a sharp increase that at least one expert says could be the result of more video evidence.

..."You have to wonder if there would have been charges if there wasn't video evidence."

...The importance of video was highlighted last week with the release of footage showing a Chicago officer fatally shooting a teenager 16 times. The officer said he feared for his life from the teen...

..."This had all the trappings of a life-threatening situation for a law-enforcement officer... "Except you have the video that shows a straight-out execution."

article (http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories/U/US_KILLINGS_BY_POLICE_CHARGES?SITE=AP&SECTION=HOME&TEMPLATE=DEFAULT&CTIME=2015-12-03-19-30-15)

You wouldn't know what protect and serve meant if you ever got off your couch and tried it.

indago
12-05-2015, 08:07 AM
You wouldn't know what protect and serve meant if you ever got off your couch and tried it.

Was that a SNIVEL (http://www.debatepolicy.com/showthread.php?49744-The-aboutime-and-Gunny-Snivel-Thread&p=735589#post735589)?

Gunny
12-05-2015, 08:24 AM
Was that a SNIVEL (http://www.debatepolicy.com/showthread.php?49744-The-aboutime-and-Gunny-Snivel-Thread&p=735589#post735589)?

Should be the title of this thread. I don't have to snivel in a thread. I can kill you in in half a heartbeat. Maybe you ought to learn to appreciate what others are willing to sacrifice themselves for your freedom yo run your sewer.

indago
12-05-2015, 08:40 AM
Should be the title of this thread. I don't have to snivel in a thread. I can kill you in in half a heartbeat. Maybe you ought to learn to appreciate what others are willing to sacrifice themselves for your freedom yo run your sewer.

I surely don't need shit like this...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pGjV7uRcOn4

indago
12-05-2015, 09:55 AM
Journalist Sophia Tareen wrote for The Associated Press 5 December 2015:
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hundreds of pages of documents released by Chicago officials show police officers depicting a starkly contrasting narrative to squad car video footage showing a white officer shooting a black teenager 16 times. The video, ...shows 17-year-old Laquan McDonald veering away from officers down a four-lane street in October 2014 before he was fatally shot. The video shows officer Jason Van Dyke opening fire from close range and continuing to fire after McDonald crumples to the ground and then barely moves.

But several officers, including Van Dyke, ...filed official reports after the incident describing McDonald as aggressively approaching officers while armed with a knife...

...The officers' portrayal of the incident, recorded in hundreds of pages of handwritten and typed reports, prompted police supervisors to rule at the time that McDonald's death was a justifiable homicide and within the bounds of the department's use of force guidelines.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

article (http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories/U/US_KILLINGS_BY_POLICE_CHICAGO?SITE=AP&SECTION=HOME&TEMPLATE=DEFAULT&CTIME=2015-12-05-02-00-55)

Well, surprise me... Who would have ever thought this would happen???

indago
12-11-2015, 08:52 AM
From The Associated Press 10 December 2015:
Court documents say a former Alabama state trooper is accused of raping a woman inside his patrol vehicle after a car accident. ...40-year-old Samuel H. McHenry II is charged with rape and sodomy in the Dec. 6 incident and has been fired from his position as a state trooper. A warrant says McHenry found pill bottles and an empty nasal spray bottle in the woman's car. Investigators say the woman was driven away from the scene in McHenry's patrol vehicle and he told her that she'd go to jail unless she had sex with him. Investigators say the woman was also ordered to perform oral sex.

article (http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories/U/US_TROOPER_RAPE_CHARGE?SITE=AP&SECTION=HOME&TEMPLATE=DEFAULT&CTIME=2015-12-10-17-38-06)

From The Associated Press 11 December 2015:
The teenager's mother clapped her hands and screamed with joy as she watched an Oklahoma City jury convict a former police officer of raping her daughter and sexually assaulting seven other women. Minutes after 29-year-old Daniel Holtzclaw was found guilty, the mother of his youngest accuser said she hoped the case would show that the problem of police sexual misconduct wasn't limited to one officer or one department.

"It's a problem for the nation," she told The Associated Press.

article (http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories/U/US_OKLAHOMA_OFFICER_ASSAULTS?SITE=AP&SECTION=HOME&TEMPLATE=DEFAULT&CTIME=2015-12-11-01-34-06)

Give a guy a gun and a badge and they think they can do anything they want to and get away with it.

indago
12-11-2015, 06:30 PM
From The Associated Press 11 December 2015:
The teenager's mother clapped her hands and screamed with joy as she watched an Oklahoma City jury convict a former police officer of raping her daughter and sexually assaulting seven other women. Minutes after 29-year-old Daniel Holtzclaw was found guilty, the mother of his youngest accuser said she hoped the case would show that the problem of police sexual misconduct wasn't limited to one officer or one department.

"It's a problem for the nation," she told The Associated Press.

article (http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories/U/US_OKLAHOMA_OFFICER_ASSAULTS?SITE=AP&SECTION=HOME&TEMPLATE=DEFAULT&CTIME=2015-12-11-01-34-06)

Just Deserts (http://www.insideedition.com/headlines/13529-victim-who-reported-rapist-cop-speaks-about-her-ordeal-he-picked-the-wrong-lady-to)

Elessar
12-11-2015, 07:46 PM

Charged, maybe.

Yet most are exonerated when all the facts are laid out.

Elessar
12-11-2015, 08:44 PM
Let's counter your obsessions with "Bad" LE:

https://positiveleo.wordpress.com/

aboutime
12-11-2015, 09:33 PM

Elessar. I still am convinced the title of this thread should be changed to read:

The Indago Negative Cop thread. No need to argue with indago since
"it is impossible to have an intelligent conversation with anyone who has no intelligence".

indago
12-12-2015, 07:46 AM
Elessar. I still am convinced the title of this thread should be changed to read:

The Indago Negative Cop thread. No need to argue with indago since
"it is impossible to have an intelligent conversation with anyone who has no intelligence".

Another Snivel...

GOES HERE (http://www.debatepolicy.com/showthread.php?49744-The-aboutime-and-Gunny-Snivel-Thread&p=735589#post735589)

revelarts
12-12-2015, 09:13 AM

Very Good Site!
But AGAIN, neither Indago or I DENY the good cops their due honors.
If you look there are plenty of good cop stories in this thread already.
we just want to make sure people don't assume all cops are ONLY like the great ones mentioned in those stories.

you know similar to nearly 1.6 billion muslims being peaceful, but a 5% to 20% being "radicalized".
Are 5% to 20% of any police dept corrupt, if we listen to former cops the answer is yes. maybe more in some few depts..
But i don't want to BAN all police or treat ALL police like criminals "until we figure this stuff out" .
I don't assume ALL police are Corrupt by DEFAULT because you know power corrupts and police have power.
I don't assume ALL police are bad because the police in the U.S. were founded from the old slave patrols (FACT (http://www.encyclopedia.com/doc/1G2-3403000181.html)).

All i want is BAD cops exposed, stopped, fired and arrested.
the same as BAD Muslims are exposed, stopped, arrested or killed.
Not ALL.

I can't figure out why people have a problem with that concept.

the other thing I'd like to see is the larger community not to attack the victims of police abuse as if they've done something wrong by pointing the crimes out. It's a bit like family members upset with the child that's been abused by the live in Uncle being angry at the child for talking publicly ..."all the time"... about the uncle's crimes because the uncle is otherwise such a great person.
it's a bit sick.

revelarts
12-12-2015, 09:24 AM
http://i.imgur.com/htLQRYL.jpg

aboutime
12-12-2015, 04:34 PM
Another Snivel...

GOES HERE (http://www.debatepolicy.com/showthread.php?49744-The-aboutime-and-Gunny-Snivel-Thread&p=735589#post735589)

I will no longer address you as indago, and instead use your chosen favorite moniker "SNIVEL". Stay happy.

indago
12-14-2015, 09:40 AM
From The Associated Press 13 December 2015:
Sgt. Sean Boag was driving home Friday on the Garden State Parkway when he heard on his radio that a woman was going into labor on the side of the highway near Middletown.

Boag arrived in a few minutes and helped deliver a baby girl.

article (http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories/U/US_STATE_TROOPER_BABY?SITE=AP&SECTION=HOME&TEMPLATE=DEFAULT&CTIME=2015-12-13-16-32-15)

revelarts
12-17-2015, 10:32 AM
Some Good Cops try to arrest a Pedophile cop but the pedo shoots himself rather than be arrested.

prison inmates don't like Pedos anyway but being a Pedo former cop probably would be worse.
the really terrible thing is this guy was on the child abuse task force or inter crimes unit or something.

Police: Detective shoots, kills himself over alleged child sex crimes

GAINESVILLE, Va. – A Virginia police detective and hockey coach killed himself after police tried to arrest him for soliciting a minor, police said. Prince William County detectives responded to 39-year-old David Edward Abbott Jr.'s home on Tuesday in Gainesville, Va. Once at the home, detectives said he refused to surrender to police.
While police tried to talk with Abbott, they said he pulled out a gun and shot himself. He was pronounced dead at the scene.

On December 14, detectives began an investigation into Abbott who was accused of being in an inappropriate relationship with a 13-year-old boy.
According to police, Abbott met the teen through a Prince William County hockey league where he was a coach. Detectives said the inappropriate contact began in 2013 when the victim was 11 years old.

"There were cops up and down the street from here and back. It was closed off and just a really big police presence," said Connor Donelan, a neighbor.
Abbott's relationship with the victim consisted of soliciting sexual acts via phone, text, social media and email, police said. The two also had face to face interactions, according to police.
Throughout their investigation, detectives learned that Abbott also had an inappropriate relationship with a second male victim affiliated with the hockey league. Communication with the second victim began in June of 2008 when he was 13 years old.

Prince William County Police Department released the following statement:
This is a tragic and sad day for the Abbott family, the juvenile victims and their families, the Manassas City Police Department, and our community. In spite of these recent developments regarding the serious allegations against him, we are grateful for the contributions Det. Abbott made during his time with Manassas City Police, to include the prosecution and conviction of hundreds of criminals. His family and peers request privacy during this time as we grieve and struggle to accept the realities of such a loss.
Abbott was a Manassas City police detective who served on the Northern Virginia-Washington D.C. Internet Crimes against Children Task Force. He faced two counts of indecent liberties by a custodian and two counts of use of a communications device to solicit sexual offenses.

Abbott's neighbors were shocked by what happened.
"It is kind of sickening to me really," Donelan said.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation-now/2015/12/16/virginia-police-detective-kills-self/77412018/

indago
12-19-2015, 10:21 AM
From The New York Times 17 December 2015:
Chicago Pays Millions but Punishes Few in Killings by Police

article (http://www.nytimes.com/2015/12/18/us/chicago-pays-millions-but-punishes-few-in-police-killings.html?ref=todayspaper&_r=0)

And those "Millions" should come right out of the $1.3 Billion police budget.

Gunny
12-19-2015, 10:25 AM
I got some wipies here for ya, bubba. Usually use them on the baby's ass, but I'm sure she's willing to spare one for your tears.

indago
12-19-2015, 10:28 AM
I got some wipies here for ya, bubba. Usually use them on the baby's ass, but I'm sure she's willing to spare one for your tears.

Save them for when you pull out that ButtPlug gift...

Gunny
12-19-2015, 10:29 AM
Save them for when you pull out that ButtPlug gift...

:lame2:

indago
12-20-2015, 07:31 AM
From The Associated Press 19 December 2015:
The Telegraph reports (http://bit.ly/1UItVrJ ) that Monroe County Sheriff John Cary Bittick gave officers 54 $100 bills to hand out randomly over three days during the past week. The newspaper reports that the money came from an anonymous benefactor.

article (http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories/U/US_ODD_GEORGIA_100_GIVEAWAYS?SITE=AP&SECTION=HOME&TEMPLATE=DEFAULT&CTIME=2015-12-19-12-34-01)

indago
12-21-2015, 07:07 AM
From The Associated Press 20 December 2015:
A published report says attorneys received $1.8 million of a $5 million settlement they negotiated with the city of Chicago on behalf of the family of a black teenager shot to death by a white police officer. ...Lawyers Jeffrey Neslund and Michael Robbins first demanded $16 million from the city — $1 million for each shot fired by officer Jason Van Dyke into 17-year-old Laquan McDonald.

...The settlement, approved by a judge, gives McDonald's mother and sister shares in monthly payments.

article (http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories/U/US_CHICAGO_POLICE?SITE=AP&SECTION=HOME&TEMPLATE=DEFAULT&CTIME=2015-12-20-12-30-12)

So, that effectively put the mother and sister on the Chicago monthly payroll...

Perianne
12-21-2015, 02:40 PM
From The Associated Press 20 December 2015:
A published report says attorneys received $1.8 million of a $5 million settlement they negotiated with the city of Chicago on behalf of the family of a black teenager shot to death by a white police officer. ...Lawyers Jeffrey Neslund and Michael Robbins first demanded $16 million from the city — $1 million for each shot fired by officer Jason Van Dyke into 17-year-old Laquan McDonald.

...The settlement, approved by a judge, gives McDonald's mother and sister shares in monthly payments.

article (http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories/U/US_CHICAGO_POLICE?SITE=AP&SECTION=HOME&TEMPLATE=DEFAULT&CTIME=2015-12-20-12-30-12)

So, that effectively put the mother and sister on the Chicago monthly payroll...

They probably already were getting monthly payments. And housing. And food stamps. And.....

indago
12-24-2015, 09:02 AM
From The Associated Press 23 December 2015:
A San Diego police officer who shot and killed a man within seconds of exiting his car initially told investigators that he didn't see a weapon but said days later that he recalled thinking the man might be carrying a knife, according to a report released Wednesday. ...San Diego County District Attorney Bonnie Dumanis on Tuesday released the surveillance footage, which showed Browder firing a single shot to Nehad's chest about four seconds after exiting his car.

article (http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories/U/US_POLICE_SHOOTING_VIDEO?SITE=AP&SECTION=HOME&TEMPLATE=DEFAULT&CTIME=2015-12-23-22-24-39)

Just couldn't wait to pull that trigger...

Perianne
12-24-2015, 07:39 PM
From The Associated Press 23 December 2015:
A San Diego police officer who shot and killed a man within seconds of exiting his car initially told investigators that he didn't see a weapon but said days later that he recalled thinking the man might be carrying a knife, according to a report released Wednesday. ...San Diego County District Attorney Bonnie Dumanis on Tuesday released the surveillance footage, which showed Browder firing a single shot to Nehad's chest about four seconds after exiting his car.

article (http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories/U/US_POLICE_SHOOTING_VIDEO?SITE=AP&SECTION=HOME&TEMPLATE=DEFAULT&CTIME=2015-12-23-22-24-39)

Just couldn't wait to pull that trigger...

It was an Arab. He probably was trying to behead the officer. I would have shot him, too.

indago
12-26-2015, 07:01 AM
It was an Arab. He probably was trying to behead the officer. I would have shot him, too.

Hmmm! Never thought of that...

indago
12-26-2015, 08:48 AM
From The Associated Press 24 December 2015:
The Justice Department said this week it is putting off payments "for the time being" to local law enforcement agencies that participate in the federal asset forfeiture program. The move comes after Congress recently took $1.2 billion from the department's asset forfeiture fund as part of budget maneuvering. Under the program, the Justice Department permits local law enforcement to share proceeds of seized assets from investigations in which they participated. But significant cuts to the fund by Congress mean those "equitable sharing" payments are being put on hold.

...The asset forfeiture practice has been criticized, including by civil liberties groups and members of Congress, because it enables law enforcement to seize possessions — such as cars and money — without an indictment or evidence that a crime has occurred.

article (http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories/U/US_JUSTICE_DEPARTMENT_SEIZED_ASSETS?SITE=AP&SECTION=HOME&TEMPLATE=DEFAULT&CTIME=2015-12-24-15-40-59)

indago
12-26-2015, 02:54 PM
What, AGAIN?

Chicago police officer shoots, kills man and woman

article (http://news.yahoo.com/chicago-police-officer-shoots-kills-man-woman-172455136.html)

It just never ends...

aboutime
12-26-2015, 07:26 PM
indago. Your Hypocrisy still rules, and stinks. No matter how hard you try to hide it.

indago
12-26-2015, 11:54 PM
indago. Your Hypocrisy still rules, and stinks. No matter how hard you try to hide it.

Snivel HERE (http://www.debatepolicy.com/showthread.php?49744-The-aboutime-and-Gunny-Snivel-Thread&p=735589#post735589)

indago
12-27-2015, 03:30 PM

And it's not so farfetched as it might sound...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T7lJ0mzsRUs

aboutime
12-27-2015, 03:57 PM
Snivel HERE (http://www.debatepolicy.com/showthread.php?49744-The-aboutime-and-Gunny-Snivel-Thread&p=735589#post735589)

My apologies. I forgot to use your real name, as in SNIVEL.
By the way. YOUR nose is always running from the truth.
(1.a slight sniff indicating suppressed emotion or crying.)

indago
12-28-2015, 07:28 AM
What, AGAIN?

Chicago police officer shoots, kills man and woman

article (http://news.yahoo.com/chicago-police-officer-shoots-kills-man-woman-172455136.html)

It just never ends...

Journalist Michael Tarm wrote for The Associated Press 28 December 2015:
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Chicago police fatally shot a 19-year-old man and 55-year-old woman over the weekend
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

article (http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories/U/US_CHICAGO_POLICE_DOUBLE_FATAL_SHOOTING_NEWS_GUIDE ?SITE=AP&SECTION=HOME&TEMPLATE=DEFAULT&CTIME=2015-12-28-06-52-14)

Domestic disturbance call. Charge in there gunzablazin'. Shoot everybody in sight. No more domestic disturbance. Problem solved.