PDA

View Full Version : Who thinks this guy needs his s stomped?

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
12-13-2014, 06:13 PM
Who besides me think this landlord needs the hell beat out of him?--Tyr

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2014/12/13/sc-landlord-says-visiting-solder-cant-stay-in-wife-apartment/

SC landlord says visiting solder can't stay in wife's apartment

Published December 13, 2014
·FoxNews.com

A soldier's return home for the holidays to be with his wife and newborn baby is being sabotaged by what he calls a Scrooge landlord.

Army Sgt. William Bolt says the landlord won't let him stay in his wife's apartment because it would violate her lease at The Groves apartment complex in the South Carolina town of Central. He says the landlord is threatening to have him arrested and to double his wife's rent if he doesn’t leave.

"I'm stationed in Missouri and we haven't seen each other in six months," Bolt said in a report Saturday on Fox & Friends.

"He stated to me that he didn't care about our situation," the soldier said. "He didn't care about me being in the military."

Bolt is on military leave to see his wife and his infant daughter who was born two weeks ago. Lily Bolt is living in The Groves while she is a student at Clemson University.

The landlord is claiming that since his name is not on the lease, he is considered a visitor. Under the terms of the lease, visitors can only stay seven days.

Fox Carolina said it spoke to the landlord. He said he enforces the seven-day rule for all his tenants.

The station also showed the lease to an attorney in Clemson. Amber Foster said the agreement was so vaguely written the landlord would have a tough time arresting Bolt for trespassing in his wife's apartment or kicking him out.

Home on leave, military, new baby and this clown says her can not stay there. That piece of shitt must be a damn liberal..-Tyr

aboutime
12-13-2014, 06:19 PM
First. Let's see if there is a Lease, signed by the Mrs. If so. As his wife. She has the power to bring this man into her apartment, despite the ASSHOLE landlord's threats.

If the landlord violates the lease. Both the soldier, and his wife can, and should SUE the landlord IF the landlord VIOLATED THE LEASE.

As to the question. YES. The landlord needs a good stomping. Hopefully the TOWN will do it.

red state
12-13-2014, 08:34 PM
At is right.....by LAW, any of the laws I am aware of anyway, see the couple as ONE unit. Now, if the Sgt. had been of the female persuasion and the two had adopted, I could see this as being a bit more to it (given homosexual laws in such States) but I still think it would be iffy. This case is anything but IFFY and the landlord is making a big mistake. Even those who would normally take advantage of his good nature and demand to also break his rules would probably see this as an exception. I would hope so anyway.

Jeff
12-14-2014, 07:55 AM
First let me say yes this guy needs a foot placed firmly in his butt, but the reason they have these rules is the article says she is going to Clemson so I am guessing she is living close to campus and if they don't go by these rules they wind up with 15 kids living in a one bedroom apartment. With that said to every rule there is a exemption, the fact that this man is fighting for our country and has papers to show it should be all the landlord needs, they aren't a couple of kids that met at the local watering hole and decided to move in together, I am surprised that on her application she didn't put down that she was married to a soldier. But I am sure ( I don't live far from this area ) as this story gets out some fancy hotel will offer them a free 2 week stay ( or as long as the soldier is home for ) I understand ya have to live by rules but this is one time the rules should be broken.