PDA

View Full Version : Neighbors: Couple planned to 'bait' garage intruders

Jeff
12-14-2014, 08:25 AM
Trap hell, if ya don't go into someone else home ya don't get shot, simple enough. Maybe these folks got sick and tired of living in fear, it's there home and they have a right to live there without worrying about some punks stealing from them.

<script type="text/javascript" src="http://video.foxnews.com/v/embed.js?id=3935056892001&w=466&h=263"></script><noscript>Watch the latest video at <a href="http://video.foxnews.com">video.foxnews.com</a></noscript>

Jeff
12-14-2014, 09:05 AM
So now they explain your garage isn't part of your house, how about if you don't enter my residence at all you wont get shot.

<script type="text/javascript" src="http://video.foxnews.com/v/embed.js?id=3939221948001&w=466&h=263"></script><noscript>Watch the latest video at <a href="http://video.foxnews.com">video.foxnews.com</a></noscript>

LongTermGuy
12-14-2014, 09:18 AM
So now they explain your garage isn't part of your house, how about if you don't enter my residence at all you wont get shot.

<script type="text/javascript" src="http://video.foxnews.com/v/embed.js?id=3939221948001&w=466&h=263"></script><iframe src="//video.foxnews.com/v/video-embed.html?video_id=3939221948001&loc=debatepolicy.com&ref=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.debatepolicy.com%2Fnewreply.p hp" width="466" height="263" marginwidth="0" marginheight="0" frameborder="0" scrolling="no"></iframe><noscript>Watch the latest video at <a href="http://video.foxnews.com">video.foxnews.com</a></noscript>

*Strange times we live in with Leftists / true racists in power....Garage is part of our house which `we pay` for....`

Jeff
12-14-2014, 09:47 AM
In GA there is a law on the books that your car is a extension of your home ( so you can legally carry your gun in your vehicle whether you have a carry permit or not ) but these yo yo's want to say your garage isn't part of your home :smoke:

revelarts
12-14-2014, 10:00 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5jtmrEwntlQ

Kathianne
12-14-2014, 10:00 AM
If they'd entrapped the young person into their garage and called the police, I doubt there'd be any discussion at all.

How many times did he shoot the intruder? Why not have just called an ambulance and police when the kid went down?

Why a last head shot?

Was the kid armed?

He was trespassing, not breaking and entering. The garage was open. You really think that is worth the death penalty?

revelarts
12-14-2014, 10:04 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7el1DZmtyP8

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V9kzFeuDG7g

revelarts
12-14-2014, 10:06 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OSPm7XePc8M

revelarts
12-14-2014, 10:10 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QwS0W1L0gsM

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
12-14-2014, 10:24 AM
A man breaks into my garage I have to assume he will enter the house next or come back later when I am not home to break into the house. He may do that when only my wife and child are home and harm them. I will shoot such a person and to hell with what anybody says, or dislikes about that. I will protect my home and my attached garage is part of my home.
FF THE LIBERALS AND THEIR STUPIDITY.
HELL, MOST OF THEM SHOULD HAVE A MAJOR ATTITUDE ADJUSTMENT DELIVERED TO THEM!!
A DAMN WELL ADMINISTERED ASS STOMPING WOULD DO THE TRICK IF GIVEN BY A PERSON LIKE ME, THAT KNOWS HOW TO GIVE ONE.. -Tyr

Kathianne
12-14-2014, 10:27 AM
Rev, I don't disagree that the people have a right to arms and using them to defend themselves and their property.

What I disagree with is shooting him multiple times for the crime of entering an open garage. That goes against justifiable force. Shooting him once, regardless of injuries, then calling for help? I think he'd be in a much better place.

Kathianne
12-14-2014, 11:28 AM
A man breaks into my garage I have to assume he will enter the house next or come back later when I am not home to break into the house. He may do that when only my wife and child are home and harm them. I will shoot such a person and to hell with what anybody says, or dislikes about that. I will protect my home and my attached garage is part of my home.
FF THE LIBERALS AND THEIR STUPIDITY.
HELL, MOST OF THEM SHOULD HAVE A MAJOR ATTITUDE ADJUSTMENT DELIVERED TO THEM!!
A DAMN WELL ADMINISTERED ASS STOMPING WOULD DO THE TRICK IF GIVEN BY A PERSON LIKE ME, THAT KNOWS HOW TO GIVE ONE.. -Tyr

Just saw this post, he didn't 'break into' the garage, the door was open and a purse in sight.

I'm not saying the teen should have done so; note I'm not even saying that he may have faced a gunshot as a result. In fact that happened, the kid was hit and went behind a car in the garage, when he raised his head he was shot in the head and died.

That the second shot was taken, raises the stakes to the premeditated level. From owner's prior utterances to the other teens that completed the real garage break in, over the phone they had stolen and to other neighbors and acquaintances, it seems the homeowner planned on baiting and killing anyone that took the bait. Then he did so.

LongTermGuy
12-14-2014, 12:07 PM
Just saw this post, he didn't 'break into' the garage, the door was open and a purse in sight.

I'm not saying the teen should have done so; note I'm not even saying that he may have faced a gunshot as a result. In fact that happened, the kid was hit and went behind a car in the garage, when he raised his head he was shot in the head and died.

That the second shot was taken, raises the stakes to the premeditated level. From owner's prior utterances to the other teens that completed the real garage break in, over the phone they had stolen and to other neighbors and acquaintances, it seems the homeowner planned on baiting and killing anyone that took the bait. Then he did so.

`Dont matter if door is open and "purse" is in plain sight `in ones "own" house`...

`When being robbed and confronting the robber / robbers....*One does not have time to check for "ID" and play Liberal games....when shooting ...one shoots to kill to prevent all unknown possibilities *( he was a good guy / kid in court thing and didnt deserve this...(Family wanting `your` money) is one other possibility....especially when One is on their own property....Perp was lucky he wasn't tortured first then shot for being stupid....cause home-owner had a real bad day and a tough time trying to earn an honest living...

Kathianne
12-14-2014, 12:14 PM
`Dont matter if door is open and "purse" is in plain sight `in ones "own" house`...

`When being robbed and confronting the robber / robbers....*One does not have time to check for "ID" and play Liberal games....when shooting ...one shoots to kill to prevent all unknown possibilities *( he was a good guy / kid in court thing and didnt deserve this...(Family wanting `your` money)....especially when One is on their own property....Perp was lucky he wasn't tortured first then shot for being stupid....cause home-owner had a real bad day and a tough time trying to earn an honest living...

He was shot, no reports of his firing back or having a weapon. You have a right to defend yourself and property, you do not have a right to kill or even to entice others onto your property to do so.

I'm not arguing that he had the right to enter the property of another, certainly not to take anything, though haven't seen that he got to do so-if that was his intent.

He was shot in the chest, sought cover behind a car in garage, then was shot when he lifted his head.

That's premediated.

Again, he took the chance of entering the property of being shot. He should have been taken by authorities to hospital then charged with trespass, perhaps burglary. He did not break and enter-he trespassed. That doesn't warrant capitol offense status.

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
12-14-2014, 02:21 PM

I, myself, would not have shot the kid a second time if he were down and unarmed. My statement was based upon a perp breaking into my garage(always lock when not in use) to steal and I accost him seeing he has a weapon(any weapon, not necessarily even a gun) . I will then shoot that person to kill. I will not only wound. Odds of that person going down only wounded are slim to none..

My pissed off attitude is this liberal attitude to coddle and treat criminals like little babies. Too many dead victims tried that approach, were over powered and died as a result of not using the required amount of force immediately when they were in charge.
I do not just shoot unarmed intruders if I can plainly see the intruder is unarmed.. (in the dark, inside my home I will shoot then check)

As a young man, my older brother caught a black guy(18 years old) in our back yard, he had been peeping in our sister's bedroom windows (Mary 13, Louise 15)for months and we couldn't catch him, even having chased him several times. This time he was caught by my brother---couldn't run because Ricky had a 38 revolver on him.
I came home later that night after cops took him away and got into a fight with my older brother because he didn't beat the hell out of the dude!! At first, I was mad as hell because he didn't shoot him(dude had another knife and was prying on the window when caught) because three nights before when Ricky had chased him , he got away but had cut the screen on the window trying to break in. He ran as Ricky came out the back door , so fast he left the knife(a switchblade) right there at the window. To me, that knife proved his intentions were to enter and do great harm. That's why we sat up every night listening and waiting for his return. Except my shift was to start at midnight and he came an hour before I got home that Friday night.
My older brother like a dummy only held him until the cops came, I was fuming mad about that. I jumped him about it, he told me shut up and I tagged him tight in the nose. He beat the living hell out of me! I knew he would without a doubt but wanted my damn point made and by God it was!
I told him if ever that happened again and he didn't stomp the guy all to hell , Id hit him with something that would leave a scar-and I meant it too.
Guess, what they released the black guy that night , when his parents went to city hall and merely claimed he was "slow witted" ,
then city prosecutor informed us day before court that it had been settled ! They had given him a damn 6 month sentence and
ordered him never to come onto our property or street. I had called the prosecutor office to ask a question and his secretary put him on the phone, he told me that , I cussed him until he hung the phone up. I was 17 years old then and had I caught the bastard at that window with another knife, in his hands prying on it I'd shot him stone cold dead..
As it turned out he only spent a couple hours in jail. He never returned to try his crap again.. I sent word by way of his uncle to his family that I'd kill him if he ever stepped foot in our yard again. Wouldn't be no damn dumbass calling the cops!!
I meant it, kept a loaded 12 gauge in my bedroom closet for a year, loaded with 12 gauge slugs---- 12 gauge slug to the chest you don't survive, doesn't matter how tough you are!
YES, once I was a seriously mean mmfferrr. - :laugh:- Tyr

Kathianne
12-14-2014, 02:30 PM
I, myself, would not have shot the kid a second time if he were down and unarmed. My statement was based upon a perp breaking into my garage(always lock when not in use) to steal and I accost him seeing he has a weapon(any weapon, not necessarily even a gun) . I will then shoot that person to kill. I will not only wound. Odds of that person going down only wounded are slim to none..

My pissed off attitude is this liberal attitude to coddle and treat criminals like little babies. Too many dead victims tried that approach, were over powered and died as a result of not using the required amount of force immediately when they were in charge.
I do not just shoot unarmed intruders if I can plainly see the intruder is unarmed.. (in the dark, inside my home I will shoot then check)

... - :laugh:- Tyr

I wrote nothing that would put us in disagreement.

This man did not lock the garage, indeed it was open with a purse in sight.

He'd made threats against anyone that tried to get in his garage again, indeed his statements were to the point of baiting and shooting.

He shot to kill the first time, but when that failed, waited for the head shot and took it.

Now a jury needs to decide on the actual motivation, but that is why he's on trial.

You have the right to defend yourself and possessions. If a perp is killed in that effort, most likely you'll be fine with the law.

However, the second shot? He was no longer a threat. Same holds if perp runs away and is shot in back.

While protecting yourself and home is constitutionally protected, acting a cop, judge and jury isn't.

tailfins
12-14-2014, 03:36 PM
If they'd entrapped the young person into their garage and called the police, I doubt there'd be any discussion at all.

How many times did he shoot the intruder? Why not have just called an ambulance and police when the kid went down?

Why a last head shot?

Was the kid armed?

He was trespassing, not breaking and entering. The garage was open. You really think that is worth the death penalty?

They could have even made a citizen's arrest at gunpoint and there wouldn't be a problem.

Jeff
12-14-2014, 05:31 PM

Why a last head shot?

Was the kid armed?

No Kat I don't believe this kid should of died for his crime but until these thugs realize that going into a home ( garage ) that isn't yours may cost you your life then they will continue to do so.

Rev, I don't disagree that the people have a right to arms and using them to defend themselves and their property.

What I disagree with is shooting him multiple times for the crime of entering an open garage. That goes against justifiable force. Shooting him once, regardless of injuries, then calling for help? I think he'd be in a much better place.

Kat there is a law on the books of excessive force and I am sure this guy is going to learn the meaning of it, there was a woman in Louisiana that was raped in her home, at the trial the defendant got off do to a technicality, on his way out he told her he would be back with a smile on his face, she went and bought a 9mm that held 14 rounds ( I believe ) well sure enough he broke in again and she emptied the mag on him and get this, they charged her with excessive force

Kat you know I love motorcycles and heck while riding around a lot of times I see Garage doors open with bikes in them, sometimes I would just love to stop and talk to the guy about the bike because it looks so good and then on the other hand I have rode by and I see things that would look great on my bike but in either scenario I know better than to just walk up to the mans garage, if he was outside that is one thing but to enter it without him knowing you are breaking the law and I can tell you myself my fear of walking in to look at someones bike is to get shot, did the man go over board probably but once again if this kid wasn't breaking the law he would be alive today.

gabosaurus
12-14-2014, 10:30 PM
I wrote nothing that would put us in disagreement.

This man did not lock the garage, indeed it was open with a purse in sight.

He'd made threats against anyone that tried to get in his garage again, indeed his statements were to the point of baiting and shooting.

He shot to kill the first time, but when that was final, waited for the head shot and took it.

While protecting yourself and home is constitutionally protected, acting a cop, judge and jury isn't.

I read about this case and brought it to a couple of attorneys that work with my cousin's husband. Both say this is premeditated murder.
If you are worried about people breaking into your home, you set up a camera. Or you ask for a police stakeout.
It's like that show "Bait Car." If the police do it, it's OK. If you do it, you are breaking the law.
This is first degree murder, plain and simple.

Kathianne
12-15-2014, 12:31 AM
No Kat I don't believe this kid should of died for his crime but until these thugs realize that going into a home ( garage ) that isn't yours may cost you your life then they will continue to do so.

Kat there is a law on the books of excessive force and I am sure this guy is going to learn the meaning of it, there was a woman in Louisiana that was raped in her home, at the trial the defendant got off do to a technicality, on his way out he told her he would be back with a smile on his face, she went and bought a 9mm that held 14 rounds ( I believe ) well sure enough he broke in again and she emptied the mag on him and get this, they charged her with excessive force

Kat you know I love motorcycles and heck while riding around a lot of times I see Garage doors open with bikes in them, sometimes I would just love to stop and talk to the guy about the bike because it looks so good and then on the other hand I have rode by and I see things that would look great on my bike but in either scenario I know better than to just walk up to the mans garage, if he was outside that is one thing but to enter it without him knowing you are breaking the law and I can tell you myself my fear of walking in to look at someones bike is to get shot, did the man go over board probably but once again if this kid wasn't breaking the law he would be alive today.
Thus you haven't been shot, yet. ;)

You are backing up my original point, even with the likely baiting, the guy had the right to defend his property-as his 'family' wasn't currently under threat. If he shot the kid for entering the garage he might have had some issues with the law, but nothing big. It was the second shot, after already hitting him with the first. He had to re-aim to take the second shot, with the car as a barrier. As soon as the kid's head popped up, he hit him in the head.

He'd already been shot in the chest. Like the rape victim, if the first shot stopped his evil intentions, the rest were excessive.

The rape victim though may have just been unloading a clip and still have been traumatized by the injustice of it all. The guy who's garage had been previously robbed is not likely to garner as much sympathy.

Jeff
12-15-2014, 01:55 AM
Thus you haven't been shot, yet. ;)

You are backing up my original point, even with the likely baiting, the guy had the right to defend his property-as his 'family' wasn't currently under threat. If he shot the kid for entering the garage he might have had some issues with the law, but nothing big. It was the second shot, after already hitting him with the first. He had to re-aim to take the second shot, with the car as a barrier. As soon as the kid's head popped up, he hit him in the head.

He'd already been shot in the chest. Like the rape victim, if the first shot stopped his evil intentions, the rest were excessive.

The rape victim though may have just been unloading a clip and still have been traumatized by the injustice of it all. The guy who's garage had been previously robbed is not likely to garner as much sympathy.

No Doubt there was excessive force Kat, all I am saying is if the kid wanted to live all he had to do was be a law abiding citizen.

Kathianne
12-15-2014, 01:59 AM
No Doubt there was excessive force Kat, all I am saying is if the kid wanted to live all he had to do was be a law abiding citizen.

I agree, to a point. Truth is, the kid should have been punished with the shot in the chest, at best. Then the law should have come into play. That's the homeowner's problem now, in court.

Jeff
12-15-2014, 02:05 AM
I agree, to a point. Truth is, the kid should have been punished with the shot in the chest, at best. Then the law should have come into play. That's the homeowner's problem now, in court.

Either way Kat we both believe the home owner had a right to shoot, it was the 2nd shot that comes into question,There is no law I have ever heard of saying you can't leave you garage door open but there is laws about entering other peoples property and yes they do have the excessive force law as well, again if you don't break the law you live.

Kathianne
12-15-2014, 02:09 AM
Either way Kat we both believe the home owner had a right to shoot, it was the 2nd shot that comes into question,There is no law I have ever heard of saying you can't leave you garage door open but there is laws about entering other peoples property and yes they do have the excessive force law as well, again if you don't break the law you live.

I agree with that. The kid had no right to enter the garage, indeed I would concede there was nothing 'innocent' in his doing so.

Kathianne
12-15-2014, 02:49 AM
I really hate this, "You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Jeff again."