PDA

View Full Version : I'll ride with you

jimnyc
12-15-2014, 03:47 PM
I often get torn over certain subjects. I'm no fan of Islam, but people are people. I can't fault peaceful people who have never shown aggression or did anything to deserve any scorn. It sucks that often good people are caught up in the mess, and often forgotten in discussions. Someone's Mom is out there, taking off her religious gear, and is in fear. Just as I have serious problems with riots and protests that Muslims are often involved in, and often good folks get harmed. In that same light, I hate to see what is likely good people being scared to death because of what someone else did. Or even worse if an innocent person gets harmed over something a scumbag did.

So while this doesn't make me a fan of Islam, or their Quran, I do feel for the innocent folks, and I think it's awesome that others are putting themselves out to help those in need.

Follow the link at the end, as not only is the whole story there, but also some of the "tweets" that are hard to copy/paste.

--------

#illridewithyou: Australians show solidarity with Muslims during Sydney siege

Australians are showing solidarity with Muslims on Twitter, using the hashtag #illridewithyou in a preemptive bid to curb Islamophobia after a gunman demanded hostages inside a Sydney café display an Islamic flag.

On Facebook, Rachael Jacobs described an interaction with a woman seated next to her on a train who removed her hijab in apparent fear of a backlash. Jacobs's Facebook posts were tweeted by a Twitter user.

http://i.imgur.com/PqxB1LF.jpg

Apparently inspired by Jacobs, a Sydney-based Twitter user offered to ride a bus with those who "wear religious attire [and] don't feel safe alone."

"I’ll ride with you," @SirTessa tweeted, quickly following up with the suggested hashtag #illridewithyou.

Sir Tessa @sirtessa
Follow

If you reg take the #373 bus b/w Coogee/MartinPl, wear religious attire, & don’t feel safe alone: I’ll ride with you. @ me for schedule.
12:28 AM - 15 Dec 2014

@sirtessa
Follow

Maybe start a hashtag? What’s in #illridewithyou?
12:29 AM - 15 Dec 2014

http://news.yahoo.com/sydney-siege-illridewithyou-twitter-153311211.html

tailfins
12-15-2014, 04:30 PM
When someone uses "ophobia" in their discourse they already look like they have an agenda. The red flag to look for is when someone doesn't put much thought into their approach.

jimnyc
12-15-2014, 05:11 PM
When someone uses "ophobia" in their discourse they already look like they have an agenda. The red flag to look for is when someone doesn't put much thought into their approach.

I've been saying that for years with "homophobia". The ONLY point is to vilify the other person without acknowledging their stance/position, to just make them look like a disease first, to try and preempt their point of view.

fj1200
12-16-2014, 09:21 AM
So while this doesn't make me a fan of Islam, or their Quran, I do feel for the innocent folks, and I think it's awesome that others are putting themselves out to help those in need.

One doesn't need to be a fan to not make an enemy of 1.6BB people.

jimnyc
12-16-2014, 09:39 AM
One doesn't need to be a fan to not make an enemy of 1.6BB people.

That was my point you dirty bastard! :) That although I'm no fan, there is no reason not to show respect to folks who have never disrespected me. And I like the fact that others see it similarly, and stood up for those who didn't do anything wrong yet felt in fear.

fj1200
12-16-2014, 11:36 AM
That was my point you dirty bastard! :) That although I'm no fan, there is no reason not to show respect to folks who have never disrespected me. And I like the fact that others see it similarly, and stood up for those who didn't do anything wrong yet felt in fear.

Just trying to reinforce your leftie cred. :)

Drummond
12-16-2014, 11:52 AM
I'd suggest that complacency is NOT called for.

Islam is a violent religion, imperialist as a political force. It's founder is a proven pervert.

I ask: does it make sense to automatically trust to the good nature of those who adhere to it ??

Don't misunderstand me. I'm not saying that decent Muslims cannot - and do not - exist. After all, as is true of every religion, there are devout, thoroughly committed individuals who'd do anything in the service of it ... and, there are those who are far less devout ... who put religion on something of a 'back burner' and just get on with their everyday lives.

That said ... 'radicalisation' DOES happen and is perpetually ongoing. In the UK, we've had in excess of 500 individuals who have taken it upon themselves to go to fight for ISIS. Many (if not most) of them were individuals who nobody would have suspected of ever thinking of doing so -- seeming to be 'normal' to everyone around them.

.... Yet ....

Much the same was thought of the leader of the '7/7' terrorists, who went on a bombing spree in July 2005, in London. He was a respected, trusted schoolteacher in his community. In reality, he lacked the humanity which should have prevented him from attempting mass murder !

Fact is .. you just CANNOT TELL who is, and who is not (or will become), murderous vermin amongst them. Seeming to be normal and peaceloving, some turn out to be anything BUT that.

Vigilance is perpetually called for. Abandon it at your peril !

Drummond
12-16-2014, 11:54 AM
Just trying to reinforce your leftie cred. :)

Who better .. ?

fj1200
12-16-2014, 02:00 PM
Who better .. ?

Idiot. I figured even the stupid sort like yourself would recognize sarcasm.

Drummond
12-16-2014, 04:04 PM

I do not claim to recognise the full extent of Leftie thought processes. Their methodologies .. yes, of course. But, the total psychology of one ?

-- I'd be worried if I could !!

aboutime
12-16-2014, 05:05 PM

fj. When everything you bring here, or say is stupid like you. We no longer can tell whether your lies are sarcasm, or just plain stupidity. If you have to hide behind sarcasm all the time..as you seem to want to do. That soon becomes a disguise for lies that allow you to incite, and spread your misery to others.

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
12-16-2014, 07:08 PM
With all due respect I must ask just who will ride with these victims of Islam! See link source of 270 million killed in Islam's 1400+ year history.
And just today 131 children murder in one school alone in Pakistan...
Who gonna ride with them?????????????????????????????????????????????? ??????????????????????????????????????????????-Tyr

http://chersonandmolschky.com/2013/11/04/religion-death/

Immigration, Muslim Violence

The Religion of Death

November 4, 2013 Rachel Molschky

TROP While every other religion in the world is more peaceful, Islam is somehow known as the “religion of peace.” Yet since its inception in the 7th Century C.E., more than 270 million people have been the victims of Muslim rage. These deaths were not just the sad side effect of war and Muslim conquests, as this number of 270 million increases on a daily basis, even in our modern era of “enlightenment.”

The Religion of Peace website has been keeping track of as many deadly Muslim terror attacks as possible since 9/11, and the attacks alone since then are nearly 22,000 at this time, not to mention the inconceivable body count which accompanies each attack. Typical wartime battles and normal crime which is not carried out in the name of Islam are not included, nor are all the honor killings between spouses. Including such attacks, this number of 22,000 would increase significantly.

WHO RIDES WITH THEM?

LongTermGuy
12-16-2014, 08:04 PM

Islam is a violent religion, imperialist as a political force. It's founder is a proven pervert.

I ask: does it make sense to automatically trust to the good nature of those who adhere to it ??

Don't misunderstand me. I'm not saying that decent Muslims cannot - and do not - exist. After all, as is true of every religion, there are devout, thoroughly committed individuals who'd do anything in the service of it ... and, there are those who are far less devout ... who put religion on something of a 'back burner' and just get on with their everyday lives.

That said ... 'radicalisation' DOES happen and is perpetually ongoing. In the UK, we've had in excess of 500 individuals who have taken it upon themselves to go to fight for ISIS. Many (if not most) of them were individuals who nobody would have suspected of ever thinking of doing so -- seeming to be 'normal' to everyone around them.

.... Yet ....

Much the same was thought of the leader of the '7/7' terrorists, who went on a bombing spree in July 2005, in London. He was a respected, trusted schoolteacher in his community. In reality, he lacked the humanity which should have prevented him from attempting mass murder !

Fact is .. you just CANNOT TELL who is, and who is not (or will become), murderous vermin amongst them. Seeming to be normal and peaceloving, some turn out to be anything BUT that.

`Well put friend....BUT....I and many others never never looked at "Islam" as a religion...They dont act like real present-day religions .... Islam is a cult of death...submission...and `deceit` ....

*Koran reading Muslims dont belong anywhere in the western world....

*Pay attention!

`Muslim scholars teach that Muslims should generally be truthful to each other, unless the purpose of lying is to "smooth over differences."
There are two forms of lying to non-believers that are permitted under certain circumstances, taqiyya and kitman. *These circumstances are typically those that "advance the cause Islam" - in some cases by `gaining the trust` of non-believers in order to draw out their vulnerability and defeat them. `

Qur'an (3:28) (http://www.usc.edu/org/cmje/religious-texts/quran/verses/003-qmt.php#003.028) - This verse tells Muslims not to take those outside the faith as friends, unless it is to "guard themselves." ......

Qur'an (40:28) (http://www.usc.edu/org/cmje/religious-texts/quran/verses/040-qmt.php#040.028) - A man is introduced as a believer, but one who must"hide his faith" among those who are not believers.

Qur'an (3:54) (http://www.usc.edu/org/cmje/religious-texts/quran/verses/003-qmt.php#003.054) - "And they (the disbelievers) schemed, and Allah schemed (against them): and Allah is the best of schemers." The Arabic word used here for scheme (or plot) is makara, which literally means 'deceit'. If Allah is supremely deceitful toward unbelievers, then there is little basis for denying that Muslims are allowed to do the same. (See also 8:30 (http://www.usc.edu/org/cmje/religious-texts/quran/verses/008-qmt.php#008.030)and 10:21 (http://www.usc.edu/org/cmje/religious-texts/quran/verses/010-qmt.php#010.021))

`Taken collectively these verses are interpreted to mean that there are circumstances when a Muslim may be "compelled" to deceive others for a `greater purpose.`

Bukhari (52:269) (http://www.usc.edu/org/cmje/religious-texts/hadith/bukhari/052-sbt.php#004.052.269) - "The Prophet said, 'War is deceit.'" The context of this is thought to be the murder of Usayr ibn Zarim and his thirty unarmed men by Muhammad's men after he "guaranteed" them safe passage (see Additional Notes below).

Additional Notes:

Muslims are allowed to lie to unbelievers in order to defeat them. The two forms are:

Taqiyya - Saying something that isn't true.

Kitman - Lying by omission. An example would be when Muslim apologists quote only a fragment of verse 5:32 (http://www.usc.edu/org/cmje/religious-texts/quran/verses/005-qmt.php#005.032) (that if anyone kills "it shall be as if he had killed all mankind") while neglecting to mention that the rest of the verse (and the next) mandate murder in undefined cases of "corruption" and "mischief."

Though not called Taqiyya by name, Muhammad clearly used deception when he signed a 10-year treaty with the Meccans that allowed him access to their city while he secretly prepared his own forces for a takeover. The unsuspecting residents were conquered in easy fashion after he broke the treaty two years later, and some of the people in the city who had trusted him at his word were executed.

Another example of lying is when Muhammad used deception to trick his personal enemies into letting down their guard and exposing themselves to slaughter by pretending to seek peace. This happened in the case of Ka'b bin al-Ashraf (as previously noted) and again later against Usayr ibn Zarim, a surviving leader of the Banu Nadir tribe, which had been evicted from their home in Medina by the Muslims.

namvet
12-16-2014, 08:18 PM
ragheads give new meaning to the phrase "born to kill"

fj1200
12-17-2014, 08:22 AM
:blah:

I didn't think anything of intelligence would come from you. Prattling on about imagined lefties is all you can muster idiot.

tailfins
12-17-2014, 08:46 AM

.... Yet ....

I don't advocate complacency, only acknowledgement of the math you're dealing with.

aboutime
12-17-2014, 05:13 PM
I didn't think anything of intelligence would come from you. Prattling on about imagined lefties is all you can muster idiot.

But fj. You always fail to take note. Whenever you speak so intelligently, showing your experience as an Idiot. You should be flattered at least somebody admires you.

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
12-17-2014, 06:43 PM
I don't advocate complacency, only acknowledgement of the math you're dealing with.

Who rides with all those victims???--Tyr

tailfins
12-17-2014, 08:43 PM
Who rides with all those victims???--Tyr

Most "hash tag" stuff I just ignore. I don't care about this "ride with" business. It's just a gimmick to make the organizers feel superior. My opinion of this Islamic terrorism business is that it's like an onion. Let's peel off the top layer of those undeniably committed to terrorism. After that layer is killed, captured and their things broken we can then assess if the remaining Muslims will cause trouble. Have you considered the size of the undertaking? We can't just say "Muslims suck", click our heels together and the problem is solved? Idle complaining and name calling certainly won't solve the problem. We can also support Israel better, which is a good idea anyway even without terrorism.

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
12-18-2014, 03:30 PM
Most "hash tag" stuff I just ignore. I don't care about this "ride with" business. It's just a gimmick to make the organizers feel superior. My opinion of this Islamic terrorism business is that it's like an onion. Let's peel off the top layer of those undeniably committed to terrorism. After that layer is killed, captured and their things broken we can then assess if the remaining Muslims will cause trouble. Have you considered the size of the undertaking? We can't just say "Muslims suck", click our heels together and the problem is solved? Idle complaining and name calling certainly won't solve the problem. We can also support Israel better, which is a good idea anyway even without terrorism.
The same body of muslims they are crying to coddle today are the same body of muslims(body of the beast) that have enabled its murderous 1400+ year reign of terror,conquest, torture, enslavement, degradation of women and child abuse!
The same tactic has been played since its inception, keep the body safe, fight with the tail. Can always grow new tails.
We will all be killed or enslaved if we only fight the damn tail. They are over a billion people , we are only 350 million. They are having about 6 to 8 kids per family while we are having only 2.1 per family . Numbers/math says eventually they'll be 2/3 billion while we will be maybe 200 million. They would then win by sheer numbers. Yet its worse than that as they take over more countries they expand territory, power and might.
The tragic fact is that someday they will either utterly destroy us or else we them.
Now why wait until they have the massive advantage? Is that good strategy, good tactics?
Or is it insanity and asking to be a massive underdog that will very likely lose and perish?
My reasoning is reality based and utter sound.. while you presented views reflect the fact you worry about getting along with them for employment reasons. To keep your job.
What damn good is your stupid job if they triumph and wipe out your kids and grandkids--which they would!
You are either stupid , extremely shortsighted or completely unconcerned about the future survival of you family--I am none of those Hoss!!
I am the kind of man they fear and fear for a good reason. I see them for exactly what they are--a murdering cult masquerading as a religion!!! --Tyr

tailfins
12-18-2014, 03:50 PM
The same body of muslims they are crying to coddle today are the same body of muslims(body of the beast) that have enabled its murderous 1400+ year reign of terror,conquest, torture, enslavement, degradation of women and child abuse!
The same tactic has been played since its inception, keep the body safe, fight with the tail. Can always grow new tails.
We will all be killed or enslaved if we only fight the damn tail. They are over a billion people , we are only 350 million. They are having about 6 to 8 kids per family while we are having only 2.1 per family . Numbers/math says eventually they'll be 2/3 billion while we will be maybe 200 million. They would then win by sheer numbers. Yet its worse than that as they take over more countries they expand territory, power and might.
The tragic fact is that someday they will either utterly destroy us or else we them.
Now why wait until they have the massive advantage? Is that good strategy, good tactics?
Or is it insanity and asking to be a massive underdog that will very likely lose and perish?
My reasoning is reality based and utter sound.. while you presented views reflect the fact you worry about getting along with them for employment reasons. To keep your job.
What damn good is your stupid job if they triumph and wipe out your kids and grandkids--which they would!
You are either stupid , extremely shortsighted or completely unconcerned about the future survival of you family--I am none of those Hoss!!
I am the kind of man they fear and fear for a good reason. I see them for exactly what they are--a murdering cult masquerading as a religion!!! --Tyr

Since no one has the gumption or perhaps wits to actually do anything against Islam, I guess I will have to think of that for you. Why don't you guys organize a get together in the most public place you can get away with using and have a Koran burning? You'll get on the news for sure and make a serious effort to get your message out. I'm just asking that you guys show a little ambition. Since you guys are retired, you can get away with it.