PDA

View Full Version : Obama Apologizes to Castro

tailfins
12-20-2014, 08:02 PM
Cuban communist leader lectures Obama for 30 minutes.
http://www.weeklystandard.com/blogs/obama-apologizes-castro_821908.html

LongTermGuy
12-20-2014, 09:30 PM
http://domania.us/Oaccess/OBAMA/BowBowWow.gif

aboutime
12-20-2014, 10:33 PM
And, because our Appeaser, and Apologist bowed down, to kiss Castro's juicy pink butt. Castro thanked Obama for being such a STUPID ASS, and reminded everyone...COMMUNISM will stay in Cuba.

Meanwhile the Obama Piggy is somewhere near a beach in Hawaii, laid out like the Stuffed Piggy he is, with a huge APPLE in his mouth.

jimnyc
12-21-2014, 09:18 AM
Cuban communist leader lectures Obama for 30 minutes.

http://www.weeklystandard.com/blogs/obama-apologizes-castro_821908.html

I don't get this, he is a very weak leader. He is showing off the fact that he is an amateur. Maybe next he'll send some flowers over to Fidel.

Drummond
12-21-2014, 10:14 AM
I don't get this, he is a very weak leader. He is showing off the fact that he is an amateur. Maybe next he'll send some flowers over to Fidel.

Weak ... perhaps.

Appeaser ... definitely. As he sucked up to Venezuela, so, now, he's also doing with Cuba.

tailfins
12-21-2014, 10:35 AM

That wouldn't be all bad if it were for the reason some of us are wanting for that jackass. :deadhorse: Abajo Fidel Cagastrado! Abajo seis pies abajo del tierra! Cuba Libre! Fuera La Dictadura!

If tourist travel is completely opened, we should travel down there with more of us distributing this than they can possibly arrest.

http://elquira.files.wordpress.com/2010/07/yonocoopero.gif

jimnyc
12-21-2014, 10:48 AM
That wouldn't be all bad if it were for the reason some of us are wanting.

Not from me. Bowing and apologizing to other foreign leaders reeks of cowardice and weakness. I can't think of many powerful leaders around the world that he hasn't bowed to in some way. This only serves to embolden other leaders, and yes, bad people too. I'm not saying he needs to be rude to anyone, but his bowing to other worldly leaders, and giving in to demands & apologizing are too much.

tailfins
12-21-2014, 10:54 AM
Not from me. Bowing and apologizing to other foreign leaders reeks of cowardice and weakness. I can't think of many powerful leaders around the world that he hasn't bowed to in some way. This only serves to embolden other leaders, and yes, bad people too. I'm not saying he needs to be rude to anyone, but his bowing to other worldly leaders, and giving in to demands & apologizing are too much.

I mean Obama can send those flowers out of his own pocket to PUT ON EL BARBA'S GRAVE. Whether he is in the grave dead or alive makes no difference to me. Back when I was single I was mulling over the idea of mixing in with the Communist crowds adoring him in Brazil and assassinating that son of a bitch myself.

sundaydriver
12-23-2014, 09:17 AM
Did BO actually apologize to Castro as the Standards headline suggests? I would give that a NO! I don't take politeness as a weakness. Did Castro drone on for 30 minutes without apologizing for the length or tone. No! Commies don't have good points to make so it takes them a long time to say that.

Obama speaks uninterrupted for 15 minutes, then apologizes for speaking so long, and the headline is "Obama Apologizes To Castro."

I like my facts given correctly. :rolleyes:

jimnyc
12-23-2014, 09:41 AM
Did BO actually apologize to Castro as the Standards headline suggests? I would give that a NO! I don't take politeness as a weakness. Did Castro drone on for 30 minutes without apologizing for the length or tone. No! Commies don't have good points to make so it takes them a long time to say that.

Obama speaks uninterrupted for 15 minutes, then apologizes for speaking so long, and the headline is "Obama Apologizes To Castro."

I like my facts given correctly. :rolleyes:

Regardless of how you see it, he DID apologize to the commie while on the telephone call. You may not like the title to the story, but it is correct, and is factual.

Bilgerat
12-23-2014, 10:06 AM
http://www.westernjournalism.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/12/obamacubacartoon.jpg

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
12-23-2014, 10:23 AM
That wouldn't be all bad if it were for the reason some of us are wanting for that jackass. :deadhorse: Abajo Fidel Cagastrado! Abajo seis pies abajo del tierra! Cuba Libre! Fuera La Dictadura!

If tourist travel is completely opened, we should travel down there with more of us distributing this than they can possibly arrest.

http://elquira.files.wordpress.com/2010/07/yonocoopero.gif
Not me. I would never go there , over 90% of the country is so damn poor that the commodes have no seats! Just the bowl there, I ask then how do they take a number 2? I CAN ONLY GUESS THEY SQUAT FEET ON THE RIM.. Imagine how nasty for the ladies...

That's the much bragged about(by the dems) communist paradise of Cuba!

And Obama apologized to this communist piece of shat leader!

Take notice how all this crap he didn't dare try in his first term.. -Tyr

sundaydriver
12-23-2014, 10:44 AM
Regardless of how you see it, he DID apologize to the commie while on the telephone call. You may not like the title to the story, but it is correct, and is factual.

True but, factually misleading is not the same as factual. :poke:

Drummond
12-23-2014, 10:49 AM
I knew a friend (workmate) who used to visit Cuba every year. He was a Leftie, believing all the pap the Left propagandised about the place.

He never took his holidays anywhere else.

So anyway, one year, he wandered into an area known for pickpockets ... and some of the locals cornered him, robbing him of nearly all of his money (stupidly, most of his cash and other fund sources, he chose to carry around with him).

He'd believed, during his visits, that he'd built up good relationships with several 'friends' there. But after he was robbed, he suddenly discovered that those 'friends' disappeared. They had no further interest in knowing him.

Then, the penny dropped. He understood that his 'friends', his supposed 'comrades', had only wanted to know him while he had cash to spend on them.

So it was that he learned, the hard way, just what Cuba was. A tourist trap, only interested in visitors able to pump funds into their economy ... which their Government has some highly efficient ways of taking for itself.

He never visited the place again.

Who are, in truth, the most dedicated Capitalists ? In my view .. those who hypocritically claim NOT to be, yet yearn to gain all of the benefits of Capitalism, regardless !!

tailfins
12-23-2014, 11:07 AM
I knew a friend (workmate) who used to visit Cuba every year. He was a Leftie, believing all the pap the Left propagandised about the place.

He never took his holidays anywhere else.

So anyway, one year, he wandered into an area known for pickpockets ... and some of the locals cornered him, robbing him of nearly all of his money (stupidly, most of his cash and other fund sources, he chose to carry around with him).

He'd believed, during his visits, that he'd built up good relationships with several 'friends' there. But after he was robbed, he suddenly discovered that those 'friends' disappeared. They had no further interest in knowing him.

Then, the penny dropped. He understood that his 'friends', his supposed 'comrades', had only wanted to know him while he had cash to spend on them.

So it was that he learned, the hard way, just what Cuba was. A tourist trap, only interested in visitors able to pump funds into their economy ... which their Government has some highly efficient ways of taking for itself.

He never visited the place again.

Who are, in truth, the most dedicated Capitalists ? In my view .. those who hypocritically claim NOT to be, yet yearn to gain all of the benefits of Capitalism, regardless !!

It sounds like your friend didn't speak fluent Spanish or he let people "on the look out" for tourists steer him. If you want to avoid the tourist vultures some good ideas are to get to know Cubans in the Miami area to refer you to people who are not "ComeMierdas" (look the term up). Another idea is to strike up conversations on a camello, which tourists are not supposed to ride. Your friend was rather foolish not to get a leather belt with a secure, zippered compartment. I walked the streets of Havana even late at night and had no problem with criminals. The only trouble I had was that the illegal driver I hired said he could tell we were attracting attention from the authorities and should explore a different barrio. The Ministry of the Interior notices if they see you associating with the "wrong" (in their opinion) people. That driver's other "business" was putting up illegal satellite dishes. He showed me some of his work and he was a genius at hiding them.

This is a camello:

http://www.absolut-cuba.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/06/guagua.jpg

http://havanajournal.com/images/uploads/camello-cuban-bus.jpg

Drummond
12-23-2014, 11:48 AM
It sounds like your friend didn't speak fluent Spanish or he let people "on the look out" for tourists steer him.

Fair comment. All of this was true of him.

If you want to avoid the tourist vultures some good ideas are to get to know Cubans in the Miami area to refer you to people who are not "ComeMierdas" (look the term up). Another idea is to strike up conversations on a camello, which tourists are not supposed to ride. Your friend was rather foolish not to get a leather belt with a secure, zippered compartment. I walked the streets of Havana even late at night and had no problem with criminals. The only trouble I had was that the illegal driver I hired said he could tell we were attracting attention from the authorities and should explore a different barrio. The Ministry of the Interior notices if they see you associating with the "wrong" (in their opinion) people. That driver's other "business" was putting up illegal satellite dishes. He showed me some of his work and he was a genius at hiding them.

This is a camello:

http://www.absolut-cuba.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/06/guagua.jpg

http://havanajournal.com/images/uploads/camello-cuban-bus.jpg

No doubt this is the sort of advice he'd have found invaluable.

Trouble was, though, he had his head full of Leftie 'idealism', and imagined Cuba to be a form of ideological paradise. Such thinking may be unhinged to you or I .... but he saw all he experienced through rose-tinted glasses. He had fooled himself into the ultimate naivety of thinking that everyone had some sort of Capitalist-free, 'superior mindset', as the propaganda crap would insist should be true.

The man was an idiot. He learned his lesson the hard way ... groundless idealism forcibly meets hard reality. Reality, as it must, won out.

tailfins
12-23-2014, 12:06 PM
Fair comment. All of this was true of him.

No doubt this is the sort of advice he'd have found invaluable.

Trouble was, though, he had his head full of Leftie 'idealism', and imagined Cuba to be a form of ideological paradise. Such thinking may be unhinged to you or I .... but he saw all he experienced through rose-tinted glasses. He had fooled himself into the ultimate naivety of thinking that everyone had some sort of Capitalist-free, 'superior mindset', as the propaganda crap would insist should be true.

The man was an idiot. He learned his lesson the hard way ... groundless idealism forcibly meets hard reality. Reality, as it must, won out.

He is a textbook ComeMierda. The term has a special meaning in Cuba. The translation is "shit eater". It means that the Castro brothers serve up a shit sandwich and there are people stupid enough to devour it and say "delicious".

jimnyc
12-23-2014, 12:24 PM
True but, factually misleading is not the same as factual. :poke:

Only if one reads the headline and moves on. I read the article, and it's kind of hard to do so and feel mislead. Perhaps if they never mentioned why he apologized it would be misleading, but everything was right there for anyone reading.