PDA

View Full Version : `.......Oops,too late...You're DEAD`

LongTermGuy
12-20-2014, 09:23 PM
`Fools wont get the point. Or they don't care.`

http://www.glocktalk.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=243610&stc=1&d=1419093547

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
12-21-2014, 08:49 AM
`Fools wont get the point. Or they don't care.`

http://www.glocktalk.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=243610&stc=1&d=1419093547

I spotted the bb gun instantly but being familiar with guns for 54 years now and that close up it was a snap. At 20 /30 feet away not so easy , especially if not looking directly down the barrel of the pistol..
At greater distances can not blame any cop for thinking the bb gun is a real and deadly caliber pistol! -Tyr

Jeff
12-21-2014, 09:12 AM
Yes I picked it out before I read what ya had typed, but think about it how many times if ever does a cop have a clear shot to look at them such as the example ya gave us, and lets not forget like in NJ ( one of the states with the strictest gun laws ) a BB guns is illegal, anything that propels a object is basically illegal, so why should the cops even have to look , a gun is a gun in these liberal states.

I see now they want the toy manufacturers to stop making toy guns, you have got to be kidding me, it has nothing to do with toys it has all to do with morals ( which this country no longer has any ) Toy guns have been around for ever, when I was a kid we played army for hours but not a one of the kids I grew up with grew up to be murders, nope it has nothing to do with the toy it has all to do with how our kids are treated now a days, from the shit lunches they get at school ( the ones the presidents kids will never have to see ) to the fixing test so one race is scored differently than another, We have allowed our country to go crazy and now we can enjoy what we allowed to happen !!!

gabosaurus
12-21-2014, 10:48 AM
When protestors yell and scream about a kid being killed after pointing a bb gun at police, they never mention that manufacturers produced the gun with a bright yellow tips to differentiate it from a real one. The bb gun in question had the tip removed to make it look "more realistic."
When asked why the tip was removed, protestors yelled about that "not being relevant." :rolleyes:

jimnyc
12-21-2014, 10:50 AM
When protestors yell and scream about a kid being killed after pointing a bb gun at police, they never mention that manufacturers produced the gun with a bright yellow tips to differentiate it from a real one. The bb gun in question had the tip removed to make it look "more realistic."
When asked why the tip was removed, protestors yelled about that "not being relevant." :rolleyes:

Yep, but it is. There's VERY good reason why these guns are made so differently. The kids recently killed was because his colored gun was painted to look real. And worse, some folks in gangs and such, are now actually painting tips on their real guns.

gabosaurus
12-21-2014, 11:01 AM
I have read about many of the "unarmed" shootings by police. There is one common thread in pretty much all of them -- disrespect of police and inability to follow instructions.
It is appalling -- running from police, struggling with police, failure to stop when requested, pointing objects, reaching into your pockets.
Do as you are requested and you won't get shot.

jimnyc
12-21-2014, 11:05 AM

You're going to get Rev all riled up!!

But yeah, in 99% of cases this is true. The place to argue your case, or what you feel was wrong, is in front of a judge. There ARE bad cops and there ARE bad arrests and there IS brutality out there. But an arrest for illegal cigarettes? Simply comply and hit the courtroom. An officer stops you in the street? Answer the questions if you feel it's racially motivated and then make a complaint, fighting leads to bad results. Don't go to a park and carry around a gun in a weird manner - when it's been painted to look real.

Drummond
12-21-2014, 11:06 AM
I have read about many of the "unarmed" shootings by police. There is one common thread in pretty much all of them -- disrespect of police and inability to follow instructions.
It is appalling -- running from police, struggling with police, failure to stop when requested, pointing objects, reaching into your pockets.

Can I infer from this your belief that the police are blameless in such incidents ?

This is surely good news. I look forward to such an attitude from you when we hear of further reports / stories of police v suspect face-offs and shootings !

glockmail
12-21-2014, 01:27 PM

Holy shit Gabs you are finally making some sense.

LongTermGuy
12-21-2014, 02:29 PM
Yep, but it is. There's VERY good reason why these guns are made so differently. The kids recently killed was because his colored gun was painted to look real. And worse, some folks in gangs and such, are now actually painting tips on their real guns.

​`Just the facts...well said...`

red state
12-21-2014, 02:52 PM
I don't wish to be (or plan to be) shot by either!

Does anyone realize that there have been fatalities involving air guns? Besides, Jeff is right....we grew up playing with toy guns and even had "WARS" with our bb guns / air rifles. The thing is; we knew better to let our parents know about it and we NEVER EVER, EVER pointed our "WEAPONS" at a grown-up or, GOD forbid, a cop!!!! So, if a kid or gang member happens to have or has painted his barrel ORANGE, it'll get him slapped, shot or killed just as if he had a REAL gun. Education is the key. I'm not talking about educating everyone about the evils of guns.............................just how to use them and respect them. Watching HOME ALONE right now. Just saw the burglar get it in the cahonees. Plan on watching "Shoot your eye out" after church tonight (or maybe tomorrow).

Tyr, what would you do if a kid (a fairly good kid) comes up and points a bb pistol in your face? I imagine that you'd do the same thing I'd do (end up getting into it with the kids parent or, at least, leave the kid thinking BETTER the next time).

Jeff
12-21-2014, 05:47 PM

I agree Gabs, I don't always agree with the way the police act but I di as they say and yup I am still alive.

Jeff
12-21-2014, 05:48 PM

Does anyone realize that there have been fatalities involving air guns? Besides, Jeff is right....we grew up playing with toy guns and even had "WARS" with our bb guns / air rifles. The thing is; we knew better to let our parents know about it and we NEVER EVER, EVER pointed our "WEAPONS" at a grown-up or, GOD forbid, a cop!!!! So, if a kid or gang member happens to have or has painted his barrel ORANGE, it'll get him slapped, shot or killed just as if he had a REAL gun. Education is the key. I'm not talking about educating everyone about the evils of guns.............................just how to use them and respect them. Watching HOME ALONE right now. Just saw the burglar get it in the cahonees. Plan on watching "Shoot your eye out" after church tonight (or maybe tomorrow).

Tyr, what would you do if a kid (a fairly good kid) comes up and points a bb pistol in your face? I imagine that you'd do the same thing I'd do (end up getting into it with the kids parent or, at least, leave the kid thinking BETTER the next time).

That was a classic :laugh::laugh:

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
12-21-2014, 06:29 PM

Right as rain my friend. I'd take the gun from the kid, deliver it to his dad with some very effective words delivered to his father . If the dad acted wrong about it, Id stomp his ass right on the spot... Wouldn't be the first man that I stomped in his own front yard or on his own front doorstep..
In fact just 9 years ago kid across the street shot my sisters car with his new bb gun and broke the back glass. I came home that day, marched right over to that house and "TOLD" the dad what he must do, number one -- the 12 year old kid does not ever shoot towards my house and number two he pay my sister for the repair work on her car! He spoke like a man--we had zero problem!
All came out fine...
Had he not spoke like a real man--his ass would have paid for what his wallet refused!
I may have went to jail but trust me on this, he would have gladly paid after finding out the consequences of his mistake..
I dont play, I give any man a fair chance after that its on him!! --Tyr

red state
12-21-2014, 09:12 PM
Right as rain my friend. I'd take the gun from the kid, deliver it to his dad with some very effective words delivered to his father . If the dad acted wrong about it, Id stomp his ass right on the spot... Wouldn't be the first man that I stomped in his own front yard or on his own front doorstep..
In fact just 9 years ago kid across the street shot my sisters car with his new bb gun and broke the back glass. I came home that day, marched right over to that house and "TOLD" the dad what he must do, number one -- the 12 year old kid does not ever shoot towards my house and number two he pay my sister for the repair work on her car! He spoke like a man--we had zero problem!
All came out fine...
Had he not spoke like a real man--his ass would have paid for what his wallet refused!
I may have went to jail but trust me on this, he would have gladly paid after finding out the consequences of his mistake..
I dont play, I give any man a fair chance after that its on him!! --Tyr

Me too, brother! Me too!

If the guy was to get all worked up about it, I'd know immediately that politeness and respect is now out the window. If he is a real man, he'll probably do what I have done when approached about my kids doing something they knew not to do.

My son and my brother's son were hanging out at our house one summer (they were about 9 or 10) and I suppose they got bored. Long story short, I live next door to a guy who has raised world champion roosters for the past 40+ years.....we're talking $10,000.oo roosters here. YEP, the story finds my son in the middle of something he didn't even do but I only cared about a wrong committed and since my son was actually there, I (and my son) went over to apologize and pay the man for his high dollar rooster.

In closing, NO, my son did not shoot the helpless creature but he didn't stop my nephew either. This is the same nephew who is now a STAR golf player so both boys turned out (right as rain during a three year drought). And for the record, my neighbor turned me down after offering him to pay for the rooster...that is the kind of guy he is and I'm glad he appreciated the kind of guy I am.

Just got back from our Church Christmas Play......what a great play. Afterwards, we exchange gifts. Had a joyous time!

red state
12-21-2014, 09:17 PM
That was a classic :laugh::laugh:

It most certainly is a classic. We force ourselves to watch "Home Alone", "SCROOGE", "An American Christmas Carol" with Henry Winkler, "Jingle All The Way", "Charlie Brown Christmas", "It's A WONDERFUL LIFE" and (OF COURSE) "A Christmas Story". Oh, and not to forget "Grinch". There's many in between but those are the ABSOLUTELY must see.

Jeff
12-21-2014, 09:52 PM
It most certainly is a classic. We force ourselves to watch "Home Alone", "SCROOGE", "An American Christmas Carol" with Henry Winkler, "Jingle All The Way", "Charlie Brown Christmas", "It's A WONDERFUL LIFE" and (OF COURSE) "A Christmas Story". Oh, and not to forget "Grinch". There's many in between but those are the ABSOLUTELY must see.

My Favorite, You will shoot your eye out kid :laugh: that cracks me up just thinking of the look on Ralphie's face.

We just got back from the church and the kids put a little thing on and then we all sat around and ate and talked, great night had by all.