PDA

View Full Version : What did Mayor DiBlasio actually say about NYC police?

Little-Acorn
12-22-2014, 05:13 PM
I was curious about exactly what he had said, that caused police to send him letters saying "If I am killed in the line of duty, please don't attend my funeral, that would be an insult to my sacrifice."

Found this:

-------------------------------------------

http://www.mrctv.org/blog/mayor-de-blasio-vs-nypd-short-history#DADaGL:gCI

de Blasio’s first swipe at the police came shortly after the decision by a Grand Jury not to indict a police officer in the death of Eric garner. During a press conference, de Blasio brought up his son, Dante, who is of mixed race and implied that he was concerned that his son might be the victim of police misconduct from the NYPD.

"So I've had to worry over the years. Chirlane's had to worry. Is Dante safe each night? There are so many families in this city who feel that each and every night. Is my child safe? And not just from some of the painful realities—crime and violence in some of our neighborhoods—but is safe from the very people they want to have faith in as their protectors.

We’ve had to literally train him, as families have all over this city for decades, in how to take special care in any encounter he has with the police officers who are there to protect him.”

This statement led to outrage among the leaders of police unions and some in the media.

In the days that followed de Blasio gave full-throated support to the protesters who were rallying against the perceived injustice of the Eric Garner and Mike Brown deaths. He took NYPD officers off of other assignments in order to protect the protesters as they blocked off streets, chanted “What do we want? Dead cops!” and in several cases assaulted members of the NYPD.

Following the assaults, de Blasio took days before even acknowledging that protesters had assaulted two officers.

Neo
12-23-2014, 02:21 AM
Can we say....wait 4 it................................RECALL!!!

GOD BLESS NYPD MEN & WMEN WHO WEAR THE BLUE!