PDA

View Full Version : `Iran hails US-Cuba thaw as proof sanctions don't work`

LongTermGuy
12-22-2014, 10:28 PM
`Tehran (AFP) - Iran has seized on Washington's historic rapprochement with Cuba after five decades of Cold War standoff as proof that big power sanctions do not work.

"The defence by the Cuban government and people of their revolutionary ideals over the past 50 years shows that policies of isolation and sanctions imposed by the major powers against the wishes of independent nations are ineffective," foreign ministry spokeswoman Marzieh Akfham said.`

https://news.yahoo.com/iran-hails-us-cuba-thaw-proof-sanctions-dont-193418574.html

`Maybe they would prefer .... good specialized small Nukes instead....on their military installations and hardened silios `

revelarts
12-22-2014, 10:52 PM
Iranian spokeswoman Marzieh Akfham cousin to the Iraqi Information Minister Muhammed Saeed al-Sahaf
http://www.welovetheiraqiinformationminister.com/images/07-minister.jpg

There are no planes or troops here. America is not worth a shoe.

Drummond
12-23-2014, 07:48 AM
The VERY obvious lesson to be learned from all of this is that any discernible weakness is pounced upon by any belligerent power, or authority, as something to be exploited .. AGAINST your interests.

The Cuba climbdown has led to a perception that - with your weakness 'established' - you can now be persuaded to knuckle under to belligerents, as and when they require you to.

And with this 'established' ... you'll have a hell of a time reversing things in your favour. All sorts of crazies out there (including the subhuman contingent) will exploit it to the full.

Add THAT to the public agonising, the utter nonsense, that's occurred about consideration of the treatment of terrorist detainees !!! At this rate, you'll never convince your adversaries that you're a force to be reckoned with. YET AGAIN, THE LEFT IS SELLING YOU DOWN THE RIVER.

Drummond
12-23-2014, 07:52 AM
Iranian spokeswoman Marzieh Akfham cousin to the Iraqi Information Minister Muhammed Saeed al-Sahaf
http://www.welovetheiraqiinformationminister.com/images/07-minister.jpg

There are no planes or troops here. America is not worth a shoe.

.... happy, Revelarts .. ??

fj1200
12-23-2014, 08:53 AM
... as and when they require you to.

:rolleyes: There's quite nothing like overstating a case. :rolleyes:

Nevertheless, sanctions don't really work.

Why Economic Sanctions Rarely Work (http://www.businessweek.com/articles/2013-05-23/why-economic-sanctions-rarely-work)

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
12-23-2014, 10:49 AM
:rolleyes: There's quite nothing like overstating a case. :rolleyes:

Nevertheless, sanctions don't really work.

Why Economic Sanctions Rarely Work (http://www.businessweek.com/articles/2013-05-23/why-economic-sanctions-rarely-work)

I agree and that's why we should have attacked Iran to stop it from nuking up..(sanctions don't work)
Good to see you finally coming to your senses.. ;)--Tyr

Drummond
12-23-2014, 11:59 AM
I agree and that's why we should have attacked Iran to stop it from nuking up..(sanctions don't work)

I basically agree, Tyr. In broad terms.

Nonetheless ... they DO hurt. I see them as a weapon in our armoury. And besides, to rein them back DOES invite the world to view that as weakness.

FJ ...you haven't, yourself, yet said what YOU advocate. I'm hoping you will respond with an answer that, for a change, won't seem like a Leftie invented it ?

Here's your chance to 'shine' as a NON Leftie thinker .. just for once in your life. Go to it, FJ. You can do it if you try, my son !!

fj1200
12-23-2014, 12:08 PM

I basically agree, Tyr. In broad terms.

Nonetheless ... they DO hurt. I see them as a weapon in our armoury. And besides, to rein them back DOES invite the world to view that as weakness.

FJ ...you haven't, yourself, yet said what YOU advocate. I'm hoping you will respond with an answer that, for a change, won't seem like a Leftie invented it ?

Here's your chance to 'shine' as a NON Leftie thinker .. just for once in your life. Go to it, FJ. You can do it if you try, my son !!

It seems you two can have quite a rousing discussion on the effectiveness of sanctions. It'll be a race to see which one of you prattles on about imagined lefties. :dunno:

Of course sanctions are effective though... in hurting the people and not the leaders.

Drummond
12-23-2014, 04:33 PM
It seems you two can have quite a rousing discussion on the effectiveness of sanctions. It'll be a race to see which one of you prattles on about imagined lefties. :dunno:

Of course sanctions are effective though... in hurting the people and not the leaders.

And to think I invited you to come up with some thinking that was very definitely NOT AT ALL the product of a Leftie mindset ...

I'm undecided as to whether you've completely failed the challenge I set you. But you've definitely not risen to it at all convincingly.

Drummond
12-23-2014, 04:38 PM
There's quite nothing like overstating a case.

Admit it. You're impressed ...

fj1200
12-23-2014, 04:48 PM
Admit it. You're impressed ...

I've always been impressed with your imagination. Your problem is it forces you into unsupportable arguments. Such as:

And to think I invited you to come up with some thinking that was very definitely NOT AT ALL the product of a Leftie mindset ...

I'm undecided as to whether you've completely failed the challenge I set you. But you've definitely not risen to it at all convincingly.

Oh brother, more "aack, leftie" from you. Nevertheless I only post truth.

LongTermGuy
12-23-2014, 08:53 PM
"Liberal" Sanctions are Crap.....Military options meaning business works better with cacaroaches...who only understand one thing....

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
12-23-2014, 09:33 PM

Nice dodge... -Tyr

fj1200
12-26-2014, 09:35 AM
Nice dodge... -Tyr

This is a nice Dodge:

http://spd.fotolog.com/photo/61/29/77/the_dodge/1232265622137_f.jpg

I did my best to answer a dumb question.

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
12-26-2014, 01:37 PM
This is a nice Dodge:

http://spd.fotolog.com/photo/61/29/77/the_dodge/1232265622137_f.jpg

Car is the wrong color for me. A dark blue with white stripes fits much better..

^^ That is a cop out excuse amigo..
When you want to dodge answering a question you do so then "if called on it" you say its a dumb question or I did my best answering.
I suspect that you are only fooling yourself with such cop outs amigo. I would be shocked if any other member here accepted those
cop outs at face value..-Tyr

fj1200
12-26-2014, 06:35 PM
^^ That is a cop out excuse amigo..
When you want to dodge answering a question you do so then "if called on it" you say its a dumb question or I did my best answering.
I suspect that you are only fooling yourself with such cop outs amigo. I would be shocked if any other member here accepted those
cop outs at face value..-Tyr

No, it was a dumb question. If he actually wanted an answer he would have asked a straight forward question without blabbering about imagined lefties. Of course whatever answer I gave he would have continued to blabber about lefties. And you know it's true because that's what he did.