PDA

View Full Version : Poll: Bloomberg could have Perot-like effect on 2008 race

nevadamedic
06-25-2007, 09:26 PM
Story Highlights
• A new poll suggests New York Mayor Michael Bloomberg could affect 2008 race
• Bloomberg earned 17 percent in a race with Sen. Hillary Clinton and Rudy Giuliani
• Sen. Clinton leads Democratic with 43 percent, with Al Gore out of the race
• Giuliani leads GOP presidential candidates with 30 percent

http://www.cnn.com/2007/POLITICS/06/25/poll.bloomberg.schneider/index.html

This piece of shit would seel out his mom for a nickel. This guy doesn't even have a backbone. I don't see how he could win or even be popular. Id rather see Dodd in office then this guy. It's sad but I think the race will come down to the Republican Candidate and him. I think this guy will take the Deomcratic vote.

5stringJeff
06-25-2007, 09:29 PM
Already talked about this effect:

http://www.debatepolicy.com/showthread.php?t=4752

nevadamedic
06-25-2007, 09:43 PM
I knew that, I was just making sure the mod's were on top of their game. :laugh2:

06-25-2007, 09:50 PM
Fact is people are getting tired of the same old same old. Sure Bloomberg is the same old same old, but as an independent some dumb people will not never realize it. These are the people "All parties are evil" blah blah blah. they dont even look at the candidates.

Hillary starts with a 44% unfavorable rate... Why does the media ignore this? This isnt exactly something that is going to help her out. And if Gore jumps in, he syphons alot of the Hillary vote.

The polls seem to indicate Bloomberg would pull more from the Republican side... I find that difficult to believe.

nevadamedic
06-25-2007, 11:12 PM
Fact is people are getting tired of the same old same old. Sure Bloomberg is the same old same old, but as an independent some dumb people will not never realize it. These are the people "All parties are evil" blah blah blah. they dont even look at the candidates.

Hillary starts with a 44% unfavorable rate... Why does the media ignore this? This isnt exactly something that is going to help her out. And if Gore jumps in, he syphons alot of the Hillary vote.

The polls seem to indicate Bloomberg would pull more from the Republican side... I find that difficult to believe.

I don't think Gore is going to get in, he's already lost once.

Yurt
06-26-2007, 12:15 AM

This says it all:

Yurt
06-26-2007, 12:16 AM
I don't think Gore is going to get in, he's already lost once.

not according to him....

nevadamedic
06-26-2007, 12:29 AM
not according to him....

Yea well Democrats are sore losers. They always have been and always will be. Just look at out last Governors election here in Nevada. The Republican Candidate one and the Democratic Candidate blasted him on the news that night instead of congradulating him like all the other candidates did in the other races and she continues to blast him to this day. She wasted all her time in the State Senate attacking him and spreading false rumors when she could have been working to better Nevada and she should have been working with him setting the examplpe.