PDA

View Full Version : When Traveling, and When Possible, ALOFT Will Get My Business...

hjmick
01-01-2015, 06:03 PM
This is, quite simply, a wonderful idea. So simple and so obvious you have to wonder why no one has tried until now...

Hotel Hopes Guests Head Home With a Rescue Dog (http://abcnews.go.com/Travel/wireStory/hotel-hopes-guests-head-home-rescue-dog-27924920)

At this hotel, guests get welcomed with a wagging tail or a warm lick to the face.

A dog will bound out from behind the registration desk, clad in an "Adopt Me" vest, as visitors arrive at the Aloft hotel in downtown Asheville, North Carolina, believed to be the only hotel in the U.S. where guests can adopt the dog that greets them when they check in.

But the hotel doesn't overwhelm road-weary travelers to this mountain tourist mecca, where people come to tour the nation's largest home, the Biltmore estate; cast a fly-fishing rod; or hoist a beer in what has been dubbed "Beer City USA." There's only one adoptable dog at a time, and it's always on a leash.

The pooches at the Aloft Asheville Downtown hotel are part of an adoption program run by the hotel and Charlie's Angels Animal Rescue. The rescue saves the pets from possible euthanasia at area shelters.

"We feel like we are saving lives," said Christine Kavanagh, Aloft's director of sales.

I'm in. Hell, I'd more than likely adopt the dog...

I think I'll be visiting Asheville sometime this year...