PDA

View Full Version : Wendy Davis (LSR-TX) admits she lied, was faking support for gun rights to get votes

Little-Acorn
01-03-2015, 12:12 AM
Normal people aren't surprised, they never expected anything else from her but lies. It's all most liberals have, since their agenda is unwanted by normal Americans. So lying becomes a way of life to them.

---------------------------------------------

http://www.breitbart.com/texas/2015/01/02/wendy-davis-admits-she-was-faking-support-for-gun-rights/

Wendy Davis Admits She Was Faking Support for Gun Rights to Get Votes

by Sarah Rumpf2 Jan 2015719

Democrat Wendy Davis, who made national news for running one of the year’s most aggressively catastrophic campaigns, clawed her way back into the headlines this week with her comment that the “one thing” she would do differently in her race against Republican Greg Abbott is to abandon her support for the open carry of firearms.

In an interview with the San Antonio Express-News, Davis told Austin bureau chief Peggy Fikac:

“There is one thing that I would do differently in that campaign, and it relates to the position that I took on open carry. I made a quick decision on that with a very short conversation with my team and it wasn’t really in keeping with what I think is the correct position on that issue…

“Though I certainly support people’s right to own and to bear arms in appropriate situations, I fear with open carry, having watched that issue unfold during the campaign, that it will be used to intimidate and cause fear.”

As a refresher for Davis, who apparently suffers from the same constitutional illiteracy as her fellow Harvard law graduate, President Obama, the Second Amendment to the U.S. Constitution says “the right of the people to keep and bear arms, shall not be infringed,” period. Not “in appropriate situations.”

Davis also claimed that “as an elected public servant, I’ve always been true to my core beliefs. Always. And I’m so proud of that.” However, she then described her campaign position on open carry as ”the only time I felt like I’d strayed a bit from that.” In other words, she “only supported open-carry to get elected,” as Ashe Schow wrote for the Washington Examiner.

Davis’ admittedly facetious attempt to win votes from gun rights supporters fell flat. Despite her comments that she felt she had been “pretty strong in supporting the expansion of the rights of gun ownership,” the National Rifle Association (NRA) gave her an “F” rating, and her liberal supporters were left confused and outraged.

(Full text of the article can be read at the above URL)

NightTrain
01-03-2015, 09:28 AM
The NRA wasn't fooled, and neither were the voters.

That woman turns my stomach.

Bye bye, Abortion Barbie! :bye1:

tailfins
01-03-2015, 09:57 AM
The NRA wasn't fooled, and neither were the voters.

That woman turns my stomach.

Bye bye, Abortion Barbie! :bye1:

The principal difference between Wendy Davis and Hillary Clinton is political experience.