PDA

View Full Version : Islamophobia and you

DragonStryk72
01-09-2015, 08:01 PM
So, I saw an article earlier today that got me thinking. It said that asking Muslims to come forward condemning the attacks, and terrorism at large, is Islamophobic, like they're apologizing for it. Well, that's not entirely accurate, I mean even if it was militant Christians, I would want to see other Christians condemning the actions early and often. It's not a matter of apologies, no one personally thinks you did it, but it sort of goes back to Harry Potter, "It takes a great deal of courage to stand up to your enemies, but a great deal more to stand up to your friends."

For real change within the Islamic world to occur, especially long-lasting change, that change needs to come from within Islam, and that means Muslim leaders who proactively go against that grain are necessary to the future of the Muslim world. Imagine the catholic church without Martin Luther, or the Waldensian heresy that went against the Church's established order of the day. We would live in a markedly different world. To be clear, I'm not holding anyone to a standard I don't hold myself to. Those priests that were guilty of sexual crimes should go to jail, period. They should lose their frocks, because clearly, they're missing significant sections of Christ's message.

Saying that you should stand against these acts of terror is not saying that you DID anything, but that your help is needed in stamping these sorts of horrors from the world.

tailfins
01-09-2015, 08:06 PM
So, I saw an article earlier today that got me thinking. It said that asking Muslims to come forward condemning the attacks, and terrorism at large, is Islamophobic, like they're apologizing for it. Well, that's not entirely accurate, I mean even if it was militant Christians, I would want to see other Christians condemning the actions early and often. It's not a matter of apologies, no one personally thinks you did it, but it sort of goes back to Harry Potter, "It takes a great deal of courage to stand up to your enemies, but a great deal more to stand up to your friends."

For real change within the Islamic world to occur, especially long-lasting change, that change needs to come from within Islam, and that means Muslim leaders who proactively go against that grain are necessary to the future of the Muslim world. Imagine the catholic church without Martin Luther, or the Waldensian heresy that went against the Church's established order of the day. We would live in a markedly different world. To be clear, I'm not holding anyone to a standard I don't hold myself to. Those priests that were guilty of sexual crimes should go to jail, period. They should lose their frocks, because clearly, they're missing significant sections of Christ's message.

Saying that you should stand against these acts of terror is not saying that you DID anything, but that your help is needed in stamping these sorts of horrors from the world.

It boils down to the signs that they had in the NYC subways: "If you see something, say something."

aboutime
01-09-2015, 08:09 PM
"Truth is, if you really consider how Political Correctness works today.

Islamaphobia is the Muslim/Islam version of PROFILING.

Our President, and Holder, with certain Liberal idiots across this nation, use Islamaphobia the very same
way they would use Profiling. Both of which, if you consider Al Sharpton's techniques...is really RACISM."

Think about it.
(a quote of aboutime)

NightTrain
01-09-2015, 08:10 PM
You hit the nail on the head, DS.

More importantly, not saying anything is giving tacit approval for atrocities.

tailfins
01-09-2015, 08:14 PM
You hit the nail on the head, DS.

More importantly, not saying anything is giving tacit approval for atrocities.

Wouldn't that make them an accomplice after the fact, a very chargeable offence. Or in a war setting, accomplices in an act of war and no longer considered innocent civilians?

LongTermGuy
01-09-2015, 08:58 PM
How does one tell the difference between the good...bad and ugly muslims when the "so called" ugly and good muslims read the same Koran as the bad muslims and CHEER / stay quite... when the "so called" Bad muslims make a strike against westerners?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KrM0dAFsZ8k

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W5BtQgTGOI4#t=30

*Don't be fooled and `waste time` spinning your politically correct tires....

Multiculturalism is a danger and not working anywhere.....Islam is a cult of submission...death and domination....

NightTrain
01-09-2015, 09:18 PM
Wouldn't that make them an accomplice after the fact, a very chargeable offence. Or in a war setting, accomplices in an act of war and no longer considered innocent civilians?

It would be pretty tough to put a billion of them in the slammer.

And I think if that were the case, Sharpton would have long ago sat in Ol' Sparky to ride the lightening.

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
01-09-2015, 10:37 PM
http://www.debatepolicy.com/showthread.php?36912-I-take-my-stand-you--Tyr

Three years ago...

tailfins
01-10-2015, 10:01 AM
It would be pretty tough to put a billion of them in the slammer.

And I think if that were the case, Sharpton would have long ago sat in Ol' Sparky to ride the lightening.

It's not a billion when you target individuals who were accomplices and make an example of them.

SassyLady
01-11-2015, 04:20 PM

The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil
is for good men to do nothing.
Edmund Burke (http://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/authors/e/edmund_burke.html)

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
01-11-2015, 06:03 PM
It's not a billion when you target individuals who were accomplices and make an example of them.

Arrest every damn radical imam there --that would be most of them...--Tyr