PDA

View Full Version : `WashPost Asks: Why Didn't Strict Gun Laws Stop Charlie Hebdo Massacre`

LongTermGuy
01-10-2015, 12:26 AM
`The next time newspaper reporters start making fun of how stupid some politicians are, they could always discuss Adam Taylor. The Washington Post foreign affairs writer was dim enough to ask “France has strict gun laws.

Why didn’t that save Charlie Hebdo victims?” It never sinks in, that trusty old maxim about if you outlaw guns, only the outlaws will have guns. Taylor not only asked a dim-witted question, he mocked Donald Trump for asking it, and then he asked it in all sincerity: "Isn't it interesting that the tragedy in Paris took place in one of the toughest gun control countries in the world?"

American reality television star Donald Trump wrote on Twitter shortly after the news broke. The tweet prompted both praise (over a thousand retweets) and scorn (Trump was labelled a "moron" and an "idiot" by other tweeters).

Trump, a perennial attention seeker, was likely attempting to score political points and insult liberals with his tweet. But behind the disingenuity, there is is a genuinely troubling question: Why didn't France's gun laws save the Charlie Hebdo victims? In other words, “liberals are being mocked as morons, but seriously, why is it?” Conservative readers can keep laughing as Taylor tries to puzzle this out: How did the attackers get the guns?`

​http://newsbusters.org/blogs/tim-graham/2015/01/09/washpost-asks-straight-face-why-didnt-strict-gun-laws-stop-charlie-hebdo

LongTermGuy
01-10-2015, 12:27 AM
`I guess france hasn't quite achieved utopia status yet
imagine that..... the bad guys didn't follow the rules.....`

Drummond
01-10-2015, 08:08 AM
I haven't seen much from the British press about the issue of strict gun laws in the wake of these terrorist attacks. Which doesn't surprise me at all.

BBC broadcasts are concentrating on the story, but in a typically 'BBC way' ... trying to, as is usual, divorce in their reports any perception of these terrorists as being other than fringe fanatics who allied themselves to other fringe fanatics. The 'Islam is a religion of peace' rot is being dusted down once more for public acceptance.

Where gun control is concerned, though, the one report I've seen comes from the Daily Telegraph, and it's scathing against Donald Trump's comments on Twitter.

See ...

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/europe/france/11332948/Moron-Donald-Trump-sparks-anger-with-Charlie-Hebdo-Twitter-rant-on-gun-laws.html

Donald Trump has sparked public anger and online ridicule for suggesting the Charlie Hebdo attack was a result of France’s ‘strict’ gun laws.

The US business magnate shared his thoughts in a series of ‘inappropriate’ tweets after the shooting which left 12 people dead.

Mr Trump, who has a habit of putting his proverbial foot it on social media, claimed the victims would have ‘had a fighting chance’ if they had been armed.

Cartoonists from around the world have been sharing poignant tributes to the victims of the shooting using the hashtag #JeSuisCharlie.

Meanwhile, Trump’s misguided and ill-timed comments have attracted hundreds of negative comments, with many users labelling him a ‘moron’.

The Daily Telegraph is one of the most Conservative newspapers we have.

Nothing changes. The British Establishment will fight tooth and nail to preserve our country's mad gun laws, with no evidence in sight that any amount of innocent deaths will, or ever could, change its mind.

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
01-10-2015, 08:59 AM
`I guess france hasn't quite achieved utopia status yet
imagine that..... the bad guys didn't follow the rules.....`

The "peaceful" muslims have their guns.. Imagine that...
Kinda puts to light the stupidity of the liberal/leftist/dems anti-gun philosophy now doesn't it.
I had to laugh out loud when finding out that the cops there guarding the place from the threats issued against it by muslim scum were themselves unarmed!!
I mean , just how damn stupid and gullible can they get!!!!!!
Did they think that them saying "please don't", "please stop" if attacked would suffice?

STUPIDITY ON PARADE AND ITS LIBERAL THINK AT ITS BEST.--Tyr