PDA

View Full Version : thoughts on Divisional Round play offs?

darin
01-11-2015, 01:33 PM
I watched BALvNE - holy cow. I remember thinking a couple things:

First - Joe Flacco is TOO TALL to be such a good QB; talking his physical gifts. The way he'd use touch and laser-beams to get the ball to those who needed it defied his gangly look.

Second - Tom Brady is stellar - but I wasn't as impressed. COULD be I'm used to seeing Brady - but he seemed more demi-god than deity.

Cam Newton is the real deal physically. As / If the panthers grow a culture of winning that organization could be the next SF 49sers (what they were a few years ago). Brusing/strong RBs, mobile -if-inexperienced QBs (Note: Cam Newton is one year Russell Wilson's junior, despite 1 year more NFL experience), punishing defense with on-the-up-swing DBs

Of course - Seahawks. I hated that game through the first 3 quarters; and part of the 4th. Why Seattle 'lets' teams hang around so long before turning on the juice is beyond me. Seattle went from being a 2nd-half team to a 'omg, they might blow this game- oh! okay. Thanks Defense!' team.

http://www.mynorthwest.com/emedia/seattle/13/1378/137875.jpg

Abbey Marie
01-11-2015, 02:36 PM
My main thought at this time is, someone needs to beat the Cheatriots, and Bill Belicheat.

LongTermGuy
01-11-2015, 03:21 PM
My main thought at this time is, someone needs to beat the Cheatriots, and Bill Belicheat.

`Agree Abbey...tired of them....want someone new...

darin
01-12-2015, 06:30 AM
I felt a little sad seeing Manning falter the way he did. He looked his "football age". Just awful way to go out for easily the top 2 or 3 QBs of all time. God bless him.

Andrew Luck - I just don't get it. Half time he had 16 completions for 130 yards, 1TD, 1INT and people are getting arroused by his performance. Russell Wilson has 270 yards on FIFTEEN completions with 3TDs and 0INT and he's a "Game manager" and all that crap. I'd argue the Colts have more WR "weapons" - although it's close.

The safety for the Colts - white guy? That guy played like a liability - without better back-end play the colts D will struggle.

And the Packers.

Dez Bryant effectively CAUGHT that pass...the rules are the problem - that rule contributes towards the officials/league deciding the games - NOT the players. It is, as they say, what it is. Until SB40 gets MORE its due as the WORST-officiated game in NFL history, I won't complain too much about the packers - cowboys game. THIS shows what I mean - although misses out on a called-penalty against SEA QB for "Illegal Block" when he was attempting a TACKLE from an INT. Also doesn't speak to the littany of OTHER terrible NON-Calls Steelers benefited from. Either way :)

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-network-top-ten/0ap2000000113874/Top-Ten-Controversial-Calls-Super-Bowl-XL

The officials didn't blow a 10 point lead for Dallas. And They didn't allow the steelers to complete a pass from a WR to another WR and effectively put seattle away.

Go Seahawks!

jimnyc
01-12-2015, 07:53 AM
I denied it originally, but does appear Peyton is on his downfall, unfortunately. Andrew Luck looked like the old Peyton in there yesterday. And watching Flacco and the Ravens leave town was cool, but now the Patriots advance. I'll be rooting for Indy next week to knock them out next. Seattle, I think they knew they were playing a 7-8-1 team and didn't play their usual selves. I expect to see a much better team next week.

And the Cowboys were robbed. I don't like them, I detest them in fact, since the 70's!! But that new rule sucks. He caught that ball and it didn't move until he tried to extend it. Rules are rules, but I don't like it. So now I hope the 'Hawks make things right and knock out the Packers next week.

jimnyc
01-12-2015, 07:54 AM
Dez Bryant effectively CAUGHT that pass...the rules are the problem - that rule contributes towards the officials/league deciding the games - NOT the players.

I honestly didn't even read this part prior to my post!! Great call! :)

darin
01-12-2015, 12:42 PM
This season The Seahawks played SIX of the top 10 Passing Defenses. As it was, the PACKERS played FIVE of the top 10, and 1 #11

http://espn.go.com/nfl/statistics/team/_/stat/passing/sort/netPassingYards/position/defense/seasontype/2

Seahawks vs:
#2 KC
#4 SD
#5 SF (x2 games)
#9 Den
#10 GB

Russell Wilson's avg passer rating? 102.7

Packers vs:
#1 Sea
#3 Buf
#6 Mia
#7 Min (x2 games)
#11 Car

Aaron Rodgers avg passer rating? 103.1

Russell is very very good. Just sayin.

Perianne
01-12-2015, 12:55 PM
I denied it originally, but does appear Peyton is on his downfall, unfortunately. Andrew Luck looked like the old Peyton in there yesterday. And watching Flacco and the Ravens leave town was cool, but now the Patriots advance. I'll be rooting for Indy next week to knock them out next. Seattle, I think they knew they were playing a 7-8-1 team and didn't play their usual selves. I expect to see a much better team next week.

And the Cowboys were robbed. I don't like them, I detest them in fact, since the 70's!! But that new rule sucks. He caught that ball and it didn't move until he tried to extend it. Rules are rules, but I don't like it. So now I hope the 'Hawks make things right and knock out the Packers next week.

I love the Cowboys for 30+ years now. I told my daughter before the game that if there was gonna be a close call, the Cowboys would not get the benefit of the doubt...payback for the Detroit game.

darin
01-12-2015, 01:27 PM
No payback. Was just the technically-correct call.