PDA

View Full Version : Dad's Absence decimates black community

06-26-2007, 02:08 AM
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/19224882/

Here is the perfect example of what we have always known: Children need both their mother and their father. Those who manage to live decent lives without both are an exception to the rule, not the rule itself.

This is because a child needs to learn different things from both their mother and their father. When they don't have one they dont get the full care they need to be productive as an adult.

This is exactly the reason why gay adoption will screw kids up. Because they need a mother and a father. Men and women are different. And until people start realizing that and start focusing on creating and maintaining the family we will continue to see communities decline like this.

krisy
06-26-2007, 07:43 AM
Fathers who were not married to the mother of their children cited a lack of cooperation from mothers as the chief obstacle to being a good father, followed by work responsibilities, financial problems and treatment of fathers by the courts.

While the above can definitely be a problem,they are no excuse.

I think it's like a snowball getting bigger and bigger. The men that don't have fathers around,don't stay around for their kids. It makes a profound difference in the way a kid thinks about life,I believe. The courts have got to change their way of thinking about the male role model and give children of divorced parents the time with dad that they do with mom,or at least as much as they can without boggling them too much. The dads that are there for their kids get crapped on too much by the courts. I think some things are chnaging in that area,from what I have read around tho.

The 56% of black children without a father figure astounds me. These men and this WHOLE community have got to see how devistating that is to these kids.

nevadamedic
07-16-2007, 10:31 PM
Fathers who were not married to the mother of their children cited a lack of cooperation from mothers as the chief obstacle to being a good father, followed by work responsibilities, financial problems and treatment of fathers by the courts.

While the above can definitely be a problem,they are no excuse.

I think it's like a snowball getting bigger and bigger. The men that don't have fathers around,don't stay around for their kids. It makes a profound difference in the way a kid thinks about life,I believe. The courts have got to change their way of thinking about the male role model and give children of divorced parents the time with dad that they do with mom,or at least as much as they can without boggling them too much. The dads that are there for their kids get crapped on too much by the courts. I think some things are chnaging in that area,from what I have read around tho.

The 56% of black children without a father figure astounds me. These men and this WHOLE community have got to see how devistating that is to these kids.

They don't care. It is all about self gratification and a pimp like image. They want to be conisdered Players and think it help their image being with multiple women. Then the women get pregnant and the guys move on. It's very unfortunate but it's reality.

waterrescuedude2000
07-17-2007, 04:31 AM
My parents divorced when i was 2 years old. I did visit my dad for like 2 days every other week. But I am a productive tax paying veteran who goes to work every day.

Dilloduck
07-17-2007, 07:18 AM
http://www.theothersideofkim.com/index.php/essays/41/

The Pussifucation of the western Male---it's all in there.

Mr. P
07-17-2007, 07:22 AM
My parents divorced when i was 2 years old. I did visit my dad for like 2 days every other week. But I am a productive tax paying veteran who goes to work every day.

Which is evidence, IMO, that this is not as much of a mom dad problem as it is a black culture problem. Bill Cosby has claimed the same.

Mr. P
07-17-2007, 07:31 AM
http://www.theothersideofkim.com/index.php/essays/41/

The Pussifucation of the western Male---it's all in there.

Check this out...

WARNING NOT KID SAFE, maybe NOT WORK SAFE either..lots of foul language.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q-5d5IfdYK4&eurl=http%3A%2F%2Fwww%2Eyoutube%2Ecom%2Fv%2FQ%2D5d 5IfdYK4

Dilloduck
07-17-2007, 07:31 AM
Which is evidence, IMO, that this is not as much of a mom dad problem as it is a black culture problem. Bill Cosby has claimed the same.

I'm thinking more along the lines of a discipline problem.

Mr. P
07-17-2007, 07:57 AM
I'm thinking more along the lines of a discipline problem.

A factor for sure but not the root of the problem. I'll stick with it being a cultural problem. Heck, look at the Asians that have come here and been very successful, or the Indians that own most of the small motels, 7-11s and Dairy Queens. These people didn't even grow-up in this country but they are (on the whole) successful and a contributing part of society.

Dilloduck
07-17-2007, 08:12 AM
A factor for sure but not the root of the problem. I'll stick with it being a cultural problem. Heck, look at the Asians that have come here and been very successful, or the Indians that own most of the small motels, 7-11s and Dairy Queens. These people didn't even grow-up in this country but they are (on the whole) successful and a contributing part of society.

How about cultures and individual familes that believe in firmly disciplining children have less problems ?

Mr. P
07-17-2007, 08:37 AM
How about cultures and individual familes that believe in firmly disciplining children have less problems ?

I'd say that's probably a true statement. Then the cultures that place value on education, work ethic and values also have less problems. So again, for me it is a culture problem. Ebonics anyone?

glockmail
07-17-2007, 12:30 PM
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/19224882/

Here is the perfect example of what we have always known: Children need both their mother and their father. Those who manage to live decent lives without both are an exception to the rule, not the rule itself.

This is because a child needs to learn different things from both their mother and their father. When they don't have one they dont get the full care they need to be productive as an adult.

This is exactly the reason why gay adoption will screw kids up. Because they need a mother and a father. Men and women are different. And until people start realizing that and start focusing on creating and maintaining the family we will continue to see communities decline like this.

The liberal, femanist, secular and queer agendas are all detrimental to our kids.

Kathianne
07-17-2007, 12:39 PM
Patrick Monynihan addressed this long ago:

http://www.profam.org/pub/fia/fia_1810.htm

Time for a new ‘Moynihan Report’?
Confronting the National Family Crisis

By Bryce Christensen*

*Bryce Christensen teaches at Southern Utah University and is a contributing editor to The Family in America.

Few government documents have stirred more controversy than that first issued in November 1965 by Daniel Patrick Moynihan, then Assistant Secretary of Labor for Policy Planning, under the title The Negro Family: The Case for National Action. Identifying “the deterioration of the Negro family” (attributed largely to the baleful heritage of slavery) as “the fundamental source of the weakness of the Negro community at the present time,” the soon-infamous “Moynihan Report” blamed the growing economic, educational, and social problems evident among blacks on a “family structure [that had become] highly unstable, and in many urban centers [was] approaching complete breakdown.”[1]

And because he saw the dynamic of family disintegration accelerating within the black community, Moynihan warned of even worse social consequences in the years ahead. Pointing to “clear indications that the situation may indeed have begun to feed on itself,” Moynihan declared that “the tangle of pathology is tightening.” The time had come, Moynihan asserted, for “a national effort towards the problems of Negro Americans ... directed towards the question of family structure.”[2]

Unfortunately, in the years that followed the release of the Moynihan Report, Americans did not witness the national effort it called for to stabilize the black family. Rather, Americans witnessed a savage and unrelenting attack on the author of the report, accused of having produced a mean-spirited and racist document that blamed victimized blacks for the social misery an unjust American society had inflicted on them. The report, as one prominent historian has noted, was thus dismissed as “racist propaganda and ... its author as a ‘fascist.’”[3] So hostile and punitive were the reactions to the Moynihan Report that its thesis — that family disintegration gravely threatened black social and economic progress — largely disappeared from public life for decades.

Belatedly, in the Eighties, the Moynihan Report re-emerged, its central argument finally acknowledged as valid and even prescient and its author cleared of the earlier charges of racism and mean-spiritedness. Ironically, this belated respectability came to the Moynihan Report to a significant degree through the good offices of the one-time press secretary for a President (Johnson) who had pusillanimously refused to act on the Moynihan Report’s recommendations and who had passively looked on while its author endured abuse. For it was with the much-acclaimed 1986 television documentary The Vanishing Black Family — Crisis in Black America that Bill Moyers largely effected the “resurrection of Sen. Daniel Patrick Moynihan’s theories about the collapse of family life in creating the cycle of poverty among blacks.”[4] Thus by the late Eighties, it was actually respectable for mainstream media commentators and even politically credentialed liberals to affirm its central arguments.

By the time the Moynihan Report finally won the acceptance it deserved, however, it was tragically too late for the national action it had called for. By the mid-Eighties, the cycle of black family disintegration that Moynihan could already see beginning to “feed on itself” in the mid-Sixties was so far advanced that it had utterly consumed the normative status of black marriage, especially in inner-city areas. Between 1960 and 1987, the percentage of black children born out of wedlock rose from 23 percent (a level that seemed alarmingly high to Moynihan) to 62 percent,[5] while during roughly the same period the percentage of black women ages 25 to 29 who were married plummeted from 60 percent to 32 percent.[6] And just as Moynihan had predicted, this unraveling of the black family incubated a nightmarish brood of social problems — crime, abuse, academic failure, economic distress, homelessness, and physical and mental illness. Writing in the Nineties, one black scholar thus blamed the tide of black family disintegration that Moynihan had vainly tried to stem for producing a world of “cruelty, immorality, negligence, abuse, and death” for young blacks.[7] With good reason, social historian David T. Courtwright argues that one of the prime reasons that the Moynihan Report was “politically rehabilitated” in the Eighties was that “so many of its troubling prophecies had come true.”[8] The real — if rueful — consolation that Moynihan eventually took in the course of events was reflected in the title of a Newsweek article marking the 20th anniversary of his much-maligned report: “Moynihan: ‘I Told You So.’”[9] Even 15 years after the Newsweek report, social scientist Glenn Loury could still use highly laudatory terms in acknowledging the uncanny accuracy of the Moynihan Report’s predictions: “If we ask the question today of how the Moynihan Report looks, now we look back 35 years later, I’d have to say it’s looking pretty good. A fairly prescient piece of social forecasting would, I think, have to be a fair person’s judgment. I wish I could produce the document that would look as good 35 years from now.”[10]