PDA

View Full Version : Scholars Plead For Bush To Ban Use Of Torture

Psychoblues
06-26-2007, 02:21 AM
He ain’t goin’ to heed it.

“President Bush was presented with a letter Monday signed by 50 high school seniors in the Presidential Scholars program urging a halt to "violations of the human rights" of terror suspects held by the United States.

The White House said Bush had not expected the letter but took a moment to read it and talk with a young woman who handed it to him.

"The president enjoyed a visit with the students, accepted the letter and upon reading it let the student know that the United States does not torture and that we value human rights," deputy press secretary Dana Perino said.

The students had been invited to the East Room to hear the president speak about his effort to win congressional reauthorization of his education law known as No Child Left Behind.”

More: http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20070625/ap_on_go_pr_wh/bush_torture_2

He likes torture. I wish he could have some first hand experience in it. I simply wish he was a real veteran with the same type of Geneva Convention training that I had as a very young recruit.

06-26-2007, 02:27 AM
And why on earth should we ban something that isnt used? What would be the point of that?

Besides, if President Bush banned torture, you would be complaining about President Bush shutting you up and sparing us all.

Psychoblues
06-26-2007, 02:37 AM
Care to expound on that observation?

And why on earth should we ban something that isnt used? What would be the point of that?

Besides, if President Bush banned torture, you would be complaining about President Bush shutting you up and sparing us all.

The Generals don't agree with you. To spare you is not my objective. You are correct on that observation, '21.