PDA

View Full Version : A wish to debate

Perianne
01-15-2015, 02:12 PM
This is a debate policy forum.

We all complain about the decisions our political leaders have made. So, I would like to engage someone in the process. Here is the situation:

I am Speaker of the House of Representatives. You are the Senate Majority Leader. Our respective bodies of members will accept our compromises and the President of the USA will sign whatever we come up with. So, the answer of all answers to the nation's problems with come down to what we negotiate.

Between the two of us, we will debate the current drug problem and find a solution and/or replacement to the status quo. Whoever chooses to debate me with your ideology, I will be willing to take the opposite side. I think all of you know me here as a reasonable person. I never call others names nor insult others. This will be a respectful debate. Just pick whichever side you want and I will take the other.

I have already contacted jimnyc about this and all is ready to go. I just need someone to debate me. This is YOUR chance to change the world. How will you approach it? Others can read and weigh in, but our decisions and compromises will set the policy for the entire nation. Who is up for it?

fj1200
01-15-2015, 02:45 PM
I am Speaker of the House of Representatives. You are the Senate Majority Leader. Our respective bodies of members will accept our compromises and the President of the USA will sign whatever we come up with. So, the answer of all answers to the nation's problems with come down to what we negotiate.

Between the two of us, we will debate the current drug problem and find a solution and/or replacement to the status quo.

Decriminalize pot. But are we debating the merits of the proposal or coming up with a compromise? Compromise doesn't necessarily lead to the optimal outcome.

jimnyc
01-15-2015, 03:07 PM
Decriminalize pot. But are we debating the merits of the proposal or coming up with a compromise? Compromise doesn't necessarily lead to the optimal outcome.

Does your suggestion, and "are we debating" mean that you are going to be the one to meet the challenge?

fj1200
01-15-2015, 03:12 PM
Does your suggestion, and "are we debating" mean that you are going to be the one to meet the challenge?

Sure, I would not have dared respond if not ready and willing. :martian:

jimnyc
01-15-2015, 03:16 PM
Cool. I'll let you guys discuss the specifics a bit. Once all is setup and confirmed, either of you can send me a PM and I will start the thread in the other forum and get it going.

Perianne
01-16-2015, 04:10 AM

We will debate and compromise on drug policy. (Let's pretend) What we decide will be the policy of the entire United States.

Sure, I would not have dared respond if not ready and willing. :martian:

Thanks for accepting the challenge. I have sent you a PM.

Perianne
01-21-2015, 04:57 PM
I am still looking for someone to debate!

Abbey Marie
01-21-2015, 08:15 PM
What happened to fj?

NightTrain
01-21-2015, 10:20 PM
Dibs on calling one of you a hippie!

fj1200
01-23-2015, 10:30 AM
I am still looking for someone to debate!

I'm sorry, I thought I replied to your PM. I think your proposal from PM is a fine place to start, just have that be your proposed "legislation" and I'll reply with mine. :)

Cool. I'll let you guys discuss the specifics a bit. Once all is setup and confirmed, either of you can send me a PM and I will start the thread in the other forum and get it going.

If Perianne is OK with posting the OP I'll follow up.

Dibs on calling one of you a hippie!

Let me work on procuring a tie-dye and grow at least one good dread first. :scared:

jimnyc
01-23-2015, 12:53 PM
When ready, either one of you PM me - give me specifically what is being debated, who is who and such, and I'll get it rolling. Members don't have the ability to start threads in that section, but can reply. Of course we'll ensure that only you 2 reply.