PDA

View Full Version : PETA blasts Michael Moore for eating meat

stephanie
06-26-2007, 03:10 AM
:cow:

Animal-rights group says filmmaker is the true ‘Sicko’

PETA thinks Michael Moore should quit eating meat.
Manuel Balce Ceneta / AP

By Jeannette Walls
MSNBC
Updated: 11:11 p.m. AKT June 25, 2007
PETA has a message for Michael Moore: You’re the Sicko.

The animal-rights group is blasting the filmmaker as a hypocrite for criticizing the U.S. healthcare system in his new documentary, “Sicko,” because they say he’s in such poor health himself.

“There’s an elephant in the room, and it is you,” PETA president Ingrid Newkirk wrote in a letter to Moore.

Newkirk urged the rotund Moore to become a vegetarian, which many nutritionists say is a good way to lose weight, and visit PETA’s Web site GoVeg.com for veggie recipes.

Writes Newkirk: “As they say at Nike (sorry!): ‘Just do it.”:poke:

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/19079604/

Rahul
06-26-2007, 05:26 AM
Blasting someone just for eating meat, is, well, just plain stupid. . .

And becoming a vegetarian is not necessarily the best way to lose weight.

dan
06-26-2007, 05:56 AM
I can't stand PETA, but I agree with them here, and this....

“There’s an elephant in the room, and it is you,” PETA president Ingrid Newkirk wrote in a letter to Moore.

... is pretty funny.

Hugh Lincoln
06-26-2007, 08:52 PM
I can't stand PETA, but I agree with them here, and this....

... is pretty funny.

Yeah... vegetarianism might not be the answer, but the cost of being overweight is crushing, if you will, to healthcare costs. So many people who have multiple medical problems are overweight. But I doubt very much that Michael Moore says anything in his movie about patients themselves... everything is the fault of "big business," never you and me!

nevadamedic
06-26-2007, 08:57 PM
:cow:

Animal-rights group says filmmaker is the true ‘Sicko’

PETA thinks Michael Moore should quit eating meat.
Manuel Balce Ceneta / AP

By Jeannette Walls
MSNBC
Updated: 11:11 p.m. AKT June 25, 2007
PETA has a message for Michael Moore: You’re the Sicko.

The animal-rights group is blasting the filmmaker as a hypocrite for criticizing the U.S. healthcare system in his new documentary, “Sicko,” because they say he’s in such poor health himself.

Newkirk urged the rotund Moore to become a vegetarian, which many nutritionists say is a good way to lose weight, and visit PETA’s Web site GoVeg.com for veggie recipes.

Writes Newkirk: “As they say at Nike (sorry!): ‘Just do it.”:poke:

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/19079604/

The only way for him to lose weight is to have one of those bybass surgeries that makes your stomach smaller. :laugh2:

nevadamedic
06-26-2007, 08:57 PM
Yeah... vegetarianism might not be the answer, but the cost of being overweight is crushing, if you will, to healthcare costs. So many people who have multiple medical problems are overweight. But I doubt very much that Michael Moore says anything in his movie about patients themselves... everything is the fault of "big business," never you and me!

Being a vegetarian and or a vegan is not healthy and can cause medical problems.

Hugh Lincoln
06-26-2007, 09:14 PM
Being a vegetarian and or a vegan is not healthy and can cause medical problems.

Especially vegan... a few kids have died this way.

Rahul
06-26-2007, 11:46 PM

I don't know if being a vegetarian can cause medical problems purely due to the fact that the person doesn't eat meat, but I'd wager a bet that (generally speaking) people who eat meat are far healthier/stronger than those who don't. . .

Guernicaa
06-26-2007, 11:54 PM
I could never give up meat...

I need my Wendys and Delmonico steaks...

06-27-2007, 02:00 AM
I don't know if being a vegetarian can cause medical problems purely due to the fact that the person doesn't eat meat, but I'd wager a bet that (generally speaking) people who eat meat are far healthier/stronger than those who don't. . .

It can be because there are some minerals and vitamins you just cant get without either eating meat or a certain type of vegetables. Unfortunately most vegetarian/vegans do so out of ignorance and end up severely hurting themselves and their children if they force the life style on them in their ignorance.

Rahul
06-27-2007, 03:11 AM
It can be because there are some minerals and vitamins you just cant get without either eating meat or a certain type of vegetables.

That, and animal protein is required to a degree by the human body. And of course, protein is required to build muscle.

Unfortunately most vegetarian/vegans do so out of ignorance and end up severely hurting themselves and their children if they force the life style on them in their ignorance.

Agreed.

nevadamedic
06-27-2007, 04:15 AM
I could never give up meat...

I need my Wendys and Delmonico steaks...

You couldn't give up on meat? You need to have your daily beef injection?!?? :laugh2:

nevadamedic
06-27-2007, 04:17 AM
I know I am going to regret this, but at the evacuation center tonight I saw Michael Moore on this health care issue and he is dead on, he even attacked Dem's like Hilary Clinton who actually is a good friend. Also if anyone cares Justin Long was on and they showed a clip of Live Free and Die hard, that movie looks awesome. Then Mandy Moore was on, she's my future ex wife! :coffee: