PDA

View Full Version : JoaPa - winningest coach in NCAA history

jimnyc
01-16-2015, 03:53 PM
That's correct, all the wins were restored and he once again holds the record. Suck that haters!

----

STATE COLLEGE, Pa. (AP) — Penn State's football team is getting back 112 wins wiped out during the Jerry Sandusky child molestation scandal and the late Joe Paterno has been restored as the winningest coach in major college football history.

The NCAA announced the new settlement with the school weeks before a scheduled trial on the legality of the 2012 consent decree it will replace.

The new deal also directs a $60 million fine to address child abuse be spent within Pennsylvania and resolves that lawsuit.

The NCAA board of governors approved the settlement, said association spokesman Bob Williams. The Penn State board approved it Friday afternoon.

The announcement follows the NCAA's decision last year to reinstate the school's full complement of football scholarships and let Penn State participate in post-season play, and comes just days after a federal judge declined to rule on the consent decree's constitutionality.

The NCAA said continuing the litigation would only delay the distribution of funds to sex abuse survivors.

The restored wins include 111 under Paterno, who died in 2012, and the final victory of 2011, when the team was coached by defensive coach Tom Bradley. It returns Paterno's record to 409-136-3.

http://news.yahoo.com/proposed-deal-restore-wins-penn-st-joe-paterno-180655177--spt.html

Thunderknuckles
01-16-2015, 04:11 PM
Good call.
You don't get to erase history because you object to those who make it.

aboutime
01-16-2015, 04:15 PM
Great to hear. Now, let's see how far we get with Pete (Charlie Hustle) Rose???

I saw him play twice in Philly. And, unlike Mark Mcguire.....Pete never used Drugs to help him be who he was.

sundaydriver
01-17-2015, 06:14 AM
I understand the fines and criminal investigations but never the ban on bowl games or the taking away of wins. That was just a vindictive move against the innocent players and you can't rewrite the outcome of games played long ago.

I think my first Penn State game was in 60 or 61. Joe was an assistant to Rip Engle and lived down the street from my my Aunt & Uncle.

Elessar
01-17-2015, 06:12 PM
I met Joe Pa at a sports banquet. He was a polite and humble man.
And he was greatly honored and adored by all present. I have to believe
he did what he thought was going to be taken care of up his chain of
command. A humble person does trust their higher-ups..

To tear these wins away to begin with was a slap in the face of all
those young men who played on those teams through the years. I call
it knee-jerk vindictiveness. Those kids deserved the wins...and losses!

I do not condone or excuse Sandusky for one milli-second! But to
tear down JoPa and the whole history of Penn State because of Sandusky
was just plain wrong!

Elessar
01-17-2015, 06:14 PM
Great to hear. Now, let's see how far we get with Pete (Charlie Hustle) Rose???

I saw him play twice in Philly. And, unlike Mark Mcguire.....Pete never used Drugs to help him be who he was.

Pete should be in the Hall....

I think McQuire should with an astrick..* He owned up.

Barry Bonds? No! Still denies..