PDA

View Full Version : French Prime Minister: 'I Refuse to Use This Term Islamophobia'

tailfins
01-17-2015, 10:15 AM
French Prime Minister: 'I Refuse to Use This Term Islamophobia'

http://www.theatlantic.com/international/archive/2015/01/french-prime-minister-manuel-valls-on-islamophobia/384592/

Most of my conversation with Valls was focused on the fragile state of French Jewry—here is my post (http://www.theatlantic.com/international/archive/2015/01/french-prime-minister-warns-if-jews-flee-the-republic-will-be-judged-a-failure/384410/) on his comments, which included the now-widely circulated statement that, “if 100,000 Jews leave, France will no longer be France”—and I didn’t realize the importance of his comment about Islamophobia until I re-read the transcript of our interview.

I live with a generalized fear of every form of religious militancy. I am afraid of Hindutva zealots in India, of messianic Zionists in Israel, and of rampaging Buddhist monks in Myanmar. But I admit that I am most afraid of Islamist zealots because the Islamic world at this moment in time (not always, not forever) is especially feverish and fervent. Indeed, the politically engaged Islamist zealots can best be understood as today’s crusaders.

jimnyc
01-17-2015, 10:42 AM
That's because it's a fake word, just like homophobia is fake. Simply made up words from the cowardly who would prefer to vilify those who disagree with them.

Jeff
01-17-2015, 11:59 AM
It's a PCed word, made up to wipe everyone's butt that doesn't agree with what is right in this country.

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
01-18-2015, 02:30 AM
It's a PCed word, made up to wipe everyone's butt that doesn't agree with what is right in this country.
The dems and libs fear the hell out of the muslims!
That's why they allied with stinking muslims and appease the living hell out of them. Advancing the muslim politicians, muslim policies, muslim special protection laws, muslim mosque building, etc..

In a ignorant attempt to buy favor with savages that will show no favor when they are done using the fools, the cowardly asses.

Tis why I have such utter contempt for dems, libs, leftists, most journalists , etc..
They are people with no true moral values and no damn honor, yet glorify themselves as enlightened heroes! What a joke.--Tyr