http://www.artofmanliness.com/2012/06/05/survival-tampon/

Jeff
01-19-2015, 08:27 AM
`Swiss Army Survival Tampon...
10 Survival Uses`

http://content.artofmanliness.com/uploads//2012/05/package-shot-2.jpg

http://www.artofmanliness.com/2012/06/05/survival-tampon/

TAMPON Survival Use #1: Medical Bandage

A buddy of mine rides with a Local 1% MC and his Dad ( 72 years old ) has a patch , kind of a honorary patch, but a patch just the same. Well he had a Bike wreck a few months ago and wound up pined between his back porch and a telephone pole while the bike was running and couldn't get out. ( He had just fired the bike up and was moving it and the back wheel broke loose on him causing him to spin, if he had went a foot to the left they have a wheel chair ramp going up to the porch, he would of more than likley got hurt real bad if he had hit the ramp) He wound up burning his leg real bad, from his knee to his ankle was burned ( his leg was pinned between the exhaust and the pole ) well to make a long story a bit shorter I took him to the wound care Doc ( his son is one of my closest Brothers ) well we went for a few months and they where putting a special dressing on it to help keep it wet ( that is another story, any wound heals quicker if it is kept moist rather than letting it dry, so all those times Mom told ya to take the band-aid off at night to let it dry she was wrong ) well he got to a point where it was healing great and the Doc was discussing different ways to change the dressing daily ( to save a few bucks ) and he said to buy a box of Maxi Pads :laugh: he told my buddies Dad that they make great bandages and are way cheaper. Needless to say I couldn't wait to get home that night to tell my Bro that his Dad now needed a Maxi pad ( being nice with the way I said it :laugh: ) It was funny as hell but it sure makes sense. And yea Pops hasn't asked me to go to the Doc's with him since. :laugh:

aboutime
01-20-2015, 04:20 PM
Jeff, and all. Last year. I dared to post the same kind of item, and was quickly warned NOT TO POST, while Jim removed my photo.

Wonder what Jim thinks about this? Just wondering?

jimnyc
01-20-2015, 04:44 PM
Jeff, and all. Last year. I dared to post the same kind of item, and was quickly warned NOT TO POST, while Jim removed my photo.

No way did I remove anything like this. This is benign and is simply a picture of the exterior of a tampon wrapper. It's also connected to an article. Additionally, if/when something like that happens, where a photo may require removal, the thread remains. Can you please link to the thread in question so that I can see the difference for myself? If the same photo, you'll get a public apology here.

jimnyc
01-20-2015, 04:48 PM
Here is the beginning of the thread, where off topic posts were moved to. It was NT who removed your photo.

http://www.debatepolicy.com/showthread.php?46445-Moved-from-quot-Hamas-Legit-quot-thread&highlight=tampon

aboutime
01-20-2015, 04:50 PM
No way did I remove anything like this. This is benign and is simply a picture of the exterior of a tampon wrapper. It's also connected to an article. Additionally, if/when something like that happens, where a photo may require removal, the thread remains. Can you please link to the thread in question so that I can see the difference for myself? If the same photo, you'll get a public apology here.

My apology Jim. You are correct. It wasn't removed by you. It was taken down by the newly appointed MOD you had chosen at the time. I was told it was unacceptable. Not looking for any apology. Just wondering where that MOD is right now, using the double-standard.

I believe it was early, or mid-year, last year. I am looking back in my posts.

jimnyc
01-20-2015, 04:53 PM
My apology Jim. You are correct. It wasn't removed by you. It was taken down by the newly appointed MOD you had chosen at the time. I was told it was unacceptable. Not looking for any apology. Just wondering where that MOD is right now, using the double-standard.

I believe it was early, or mid-year, last year. I am looking back in my posts.

If I recall correctly, the tampon in question wasn't quite as benign as this one. AND - the post was reported, and this one was not. I don't see this one as offensive, whereas yours was. But if this one offends you, or anyone else, and it's reported - I would likely remove it in the best interest of the community. But as of now, my opinion stands, this picture seems rather tame.

aboutime
01-20-2015, 04:58 PM
If I recall correctly, the tampon in question wasn't quite as benign as this one. AND - the post was reported, and this one was not. I don't see this one as offensive, whereas yours was. But if this one offends you, or anyone else, and it's reported - I would likely remove it in the best interest of the community. But as of now, my opinion stands, this picture seems rather tame.

Of course. I didn't expect any other answer.

jimnyc
01-20-2015, 05:12 PM
Of course. I didn't expect any other answer.

So it's not worth it to you to report as offensive, why would you complain in the thread? And are you claiming that this was the SAME photo that you posted?

aboutime
01-20-2015, 05:17 PM
So it's not worth it to you to report as offensive, why would you complain in the thread? And are you claiming that this was the SAME photo that you posted?

Not gonna argue with you. If I thought it was offensive, as that MOD did. You have already told me you don't think it's offensive. So, what good would complaining do? By the way. Is there some unwritten rule I'm not aware of that says I am not permitted to complain?
Never said it was the SAME. (I said same kind of item) You must have read something into that yourself.

jimnyc
01-20-2015, 05:31 PM
Not gonna argue with you. If I thought it was offensive, as that MOD did. You have already told me you don't think it's offensive. So, what good would complaining do? By the way. Is there some unwritten rule I'm not aware of that says I am not permitted to complain?
Never said it was the SAME. (I said same kind of item) You must have read something into that yourself.

As to the bold, yes, there is a written rule actually, that asks members not to take their issues with staff to the board, to contact myself or another administrator. And the pictures weren't nearly the same, other than being tampons. A disgusting photo - and one of a tampon wrapper - 2 totally different things.

So I assume you just felt like whining about something that took place a half a year ago?

aboutime
01-20-2015, 05:33 PM
As to the bold, yes, there is a written rule actually, that asks members not to take their issues with staff to the board, to contact myself or another administrator. And the pictures weren't nearly the same, other than being tampons. A disgusting photo - and one of a tampon wrapper - 2 totally different things.

So I assume you just felt like whining about something that took place a half a year ago?

ASSUME whatever you want. I asked Jeff the question. You had to jump in. Speaking of your rule.
Perhaps you should have used the PM, as directed, to do the very same?

gabosaurus
01-20-2015, 05:43 PM
Protected by the Second Amendment:

http://www.tamponcrafts.com/gun.html

What is the deal about tampons (unused or otherwise)? Obviously only men are going to be squeamish about this subject. Women are far more mature in approaching this subject.
Double negative points if you have a daughter of that age and are still squeamish. Real men are not afraid to take their daughters to the store to restock their supply.

jimnyc
01-20-2015, 05:46 PM

ASSUME whatever you want. I asked Jeff the question. You had to jump in. Speaking of your rule.
Perhaps you should have used the PM, as directed, to do the very same?

You asked what I thought about this. I answered. If you want a PM so that others don't see you making an asshole out of yourself, then maybe YOU should PM a staff member to begin with if you have a problem. If you want to be a dick about things, I have no issue making you look foolish.

(a quote by jimnyc)

Wouldn't want people to steal my absolute lame crap! :laugh:

jimnyc
01-20-2015, 05:47 PM
Protected by the Second Amendment:

http://www.tamponcrafts.com/gun.html

What is the deal about tampons (unused or otherwise)? Obviously only men are going to be squeamish about this subject. Women are far more mature in approaching this subject.
Double negative points if you have a daughter of that age and are still squeamish. Real men are not afraid to take their daughters to the store to restock their supply.

I don't think people have an issue with a generic tampon. I don't even have an issue shopping for them. I am only squeamish if the photo is a tad gross. I don't think most men, or women, appreciate the gross variety.

gabosaurus
01-20-2015, 05:53 PM
You asked what I thought about this. I answered. If you want a PM so that others don't see you making an asshole out of yourself, then maybe YOU should PM a staff member to begin with if you have a problem. If you want to be a dick about things, I have no issue making you look foolish.

aboutime makes himself foolish each time he posts. I doubt that he is worried about that. :cool:

Gross photos are never appreciated. Unless your sense of humor enjoys such things. Tampon humor was in abundant supply on my first message board. Which was entirely teenage girls.

aboutime
01-20-2015, 06:35 PM

(a quote by jimnyc)

Wouldn't want people to steal my absolute lame crap! :laugh:

Hey Jim. If you think being called an asshole bothers me. I'm laughing. But all of us are now getting an opportunity to see what that means, being unable to follow your own directions.
Just look at what you told me, and scolded me about.
I am using the 1st amendment. Like it or not. Haven't broken any of your rules.
Go right ahead and make me look as foolish as you want. Whatever trips your trigger is fine with me.

jimnyc
01-20-2015, 07:09 PM
Hey Jim. If you think being called an asshole bothers me. I'm laughing. But all of us are now getting an opportunity to see what that means, being unable to follow your own directions.
Just look at what you told me, and scolded me about.
I am using the 1st amendment. Like it or not. Haven't broken any of your rules.
Go right ahead and make me look as foolish as you want. Whatever trips your trigger is fine with me.

If you were capable of reading the rules, and capable of reading what I already posted in this very thread, then you would know that you DID in fact break the rules. It's ok though, I'm going to let you vent about a deleted photo from 6 months ago. I find it comical when some hold onto such meaningless things for so long. I'm afraid your head may explode if you don't let it out.

And when you pull things like you did in this thread, making accusations, 6 months after the fact, whining about different incidents, bringing me into this - you ARE being an asshole when you do so.

LongTermGuy
01-20-2015, 08:28 PM
*For goodness sake...Jim just delete the damn thread / post...good grief! It wont bother me one bit..

aboutime
01-20-2015, 08:50 PM
If you were capable of reading the rules, and capable of reading what I already posted in this very thread, then you would know that you DID in fact break the rules. It's ok though, I'm going to let you vent about a deleted photo from 6 months ago. I find it comical when some hold onto such meaningless things for so long. I'm afraid your head may explode if you don't let it out.

And when you pull things like you did in this thread, making accusations, 6 months after the fact, whining about different incidents, bringing me into this - you ARE being an asshole when you do so.

Thank you very much. Nothing else needs to be said. I honestly thought we were all grownups here.

LongTermGuy
01-20-2015, 08:59 PM
*From the article:

`The tampon is actually regulated in the US by the Food & Drug Administration as a Class II Medical Device. The word “tampon” is a derivative of the French word tapon which means “a little plug or stopper.” My research indicates that tampons were used as early as the 19th century as battle dressings to plug bullet holes. There are even accounts of tampons being used as wound plugs in modern warfare. A friend of mine told me that it’s not uncommon for Army Medics to carry tampons in their med kits. They are also the perfect product for a bloody nose. There seem to be mixed accounts of whether the tampon was used as a feminine product before or after its use on the battlefield.
Regardless of intended use, the common tampon has many practical survival uses. I've highlighted a few survival uses below:

*Tampons are sterile, come very well-packaged in their own waterproof sleeves, and are designed to be ultra-absorbent — making them the perfect first aid bandage. They can be opened and then taped or tied over a wound as an improvised dressing. And, as I’ve already mentioned, they can be used to plug a bullet hole until more sophisticated medical attention can be administered. Accounts of this use date back to World War I. Many items in modern society were first developed as a facet of military research — tampons may very well be one of these products...

TAMPON Survival Use #2: Crude Water Filter
*Much more if anyone bothers to read the article...

http://content.artofmanliness.com/uploads//2012/05/tampon-filter-no-water.jpg

jimnyc
01-21-2015, 06:15 AM
Thank you very much. Nothing else needs to be said. I honestly thought we were all grownups here.

A grown up is not going to continue to whine about a picture that was removed many, many months prior. Remember, YOU started this and YOU brought this up. Seriously, what was the point? To whine? To complain to see if another picture was removed? To complain and state one was removed and one wasn't? To complain just to complain?

aboutime
01-21-2015, 08:21 PM
A grown up is not going to continue to whine about a picture that was removed many, many months prior. Remember, YOU started this and YOU brought this up. Seriously, what was the point? To whine? To complain to see if another picture was removed? To complain and state one was removed and one wasn't? To complain just to complain?

Whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa! Keeping you up-to-date. Surprised YOU felt a need to tell us what a Grownup was. You really should go back and read all of your useless, angry, immature crap again.