PDA

View Full Version : Perverted Avatars

glockmail
06-26-2007, 09:11 AM
As I recall I was asked to change a sexually suggestive avatar, showing a woman sitting on a bench from behind, which I prompty did, yet one poster has one showing a women's breasts exposed from the middle to the bottom. Is there a double standard here?

Y'all decide.

Mr. P
06-26-2007, 09:14 AM
I noticed that av too. I didn't think it would last a day. Oh well.

glockmail
06-26-2007, 09:17 AM
I noticed that av too. I didn't think it would last a day. Oh well.

And these same libs complain that they are not tolerated.

Yurt
06-26-2007, 09:46 AM
And these same libs complain that they are not tolerated.

and that there is a "double" standard...

Hagbard Celine
06-26-2007, 09:50 AM
As I recall I was asked to change a sexually suggestive avatar, showing a woman sitting on a bench from behind, which I prompty did, yet one poster has one showing a women's breasts exposed from the middle to the bottom. Is there a double standard here?

Y'all decide.

I say the more t&a the better.

glockmail
06-26-2007, 10:06 AM
I say the more t&a the better. www.femjoy.com

You owe me, pal. :laugh2:

Hagbard Celine
06-26-2007, 10:09 AM
www.femjoy.com

You owe me, pal. :laugh2:

Whoa, nsfw indeed. Very classy though :laugh:

gabosaurus
06-26-2007, 10:21 AM
That's the trouble with men. Two heads and only enough blood to operate one of them. So you know which head makes the important decisions. :cool: :poke:

glockmail
06-26-2007, 10:21 AM
Whoa, nsfw indeed. Very classy though :laugh:
nsfw?

gabosaurus
06-26-2007, 10:25 AM
Speaking of avatars, Hagbard's gives me a hearty chuckle every time I look at it. Bill Hicks would have been proud. :cheers2:

glockmail
06-26-2007, 10:36 AM
That's the trouble with men. Two heads and only enough blood to operate one of them. So you know which head makes the important decisions. :cool: :poke:
Dunno. When I've let Woodie take over Glockie has always enbded up happy.:laugh2:

manu1959
06-26-2007, 10:38 AM

you know women.......can't trust something that bleeds every 28 days and doesn't die..........

darin
06-26-2007, 10:43 AM
nsfw?

Not safe for work.

MtnBiker
06-26-2007, 01:23 PM

Y'all decide.

I do not remember the avatar you are refering to.

The Tsingtao Beer avatar is PG13 in my opinion.

theHawk
06-26-2007, 03:54 PM
Would you let your boss see it when you are at work?
If the avatars continue to get out of hand I'll probably have to stop coming to the board all together.

Hagbard Celine
06-26-2007, 04:07 PM
For the most part, DP has a pretty tame avatar scene. Rahul's (the one in question on this thread) is the raciest avatar by far. But it doesn't show any pink, so I don't have a problem with it. (I wouldn't if it did) :dunno:

Abbey Marie
06-26-2007, 04:09 PM
For the record, I don't care for it either. I don't mind much what is in a post, I can choose to read those or not, but images that show up on my screen just from scrolling, without first opening a post, are unavoidable and need to be child- and work-safe, IMO. This is why certain smileys were moved to the "More" page.

Ditto for thread titles.

Kathianne
06-26-2007, 04:14 PM
For the record, I don't care for it either. I don't mind much what is in a post, I can choose to read those or not, but images that show up on my screen just from scrolling, without first opening a post, are unavoidable and need to be child- and work-safe, IMO. This is why certain smileys were moved to the "More" page.

Ditto for thread titles.

ida rep if possible. I concur.

Abbey Marie
06-26-2007, 04:19 PM

Thanks, Kathianne. It seems like a reasonable compromise, doesn't it?

nevadamedic
06-26-2007, 05:09 PM
I say the more t&a the better.

:cheers2:

nevadamedic
06-26-2007, 05:12 PM

Ditto for thread titles.

You dont like looking at boobies? What's up with that? :(

Kathianne
06-26-2007, 05:35 PM
You dont like looking at boobies? What's up with that? :(
you know a lot of women that do?

jackass
06-26-2007, 05:48 PM

Actually I do!! :2up:

Kathianne
06-26-2007, 05:50 PM
Actually I do!! :2up:

:terror:

Jon
06-26-2007, 06:18 PM

Ditto for thread titles.

Ditto for the filthy words that some posters use while flaming others?

Sometimes they even bold these posts full of filth and increase the font size too. I mean, if your coworkers or children can read then it seems that those wouldn't be too child- and work-safe. ;)

Then again, I suppose you could always put the offending user(s) on ignore. Wait! Maybe you could do that for those with avatars you find offensive as well. :poke:

nevadamedic
06-26-2007, 06:50 PM

Actually, do you really want to know the answer to that? :laugh2:

Kathianne
06-26-2007, 06:55 PM
Actually, do you really want to know the answer to that? :laugh2:

No. You are hanging with the wrong women.

glockmail
06-26-2007, 06:57 PM
:cheers2:
How old are you? 12?

Yurt
06-26-2007, 09:56 PM
How old are you? 12?

:laugh2:

manu1959
06-26-2007, 09:59 PM

Y'all decide.

where is this objectionable avatar?

Rahul
06-26-2007, 11:20 PM
Well, I've read through this whole thread. A few observations, which I've brought up in PM to a certain moderator too -

1. It seems to be mostly the ladies who find this avatar objectionable, and not because it violates any sense of decency, I suspect. As several posters have noted, there is not any nudity on the avatar. One moderator also noted that the avatar is PG-13, not R.

2. If this is objectionable, what about the numerous insults flying around on the board? The steel cage threads? Are those acceptable? IF so, why not my avatar? (Some other members have brought this up too)

3. Obscene smileys are allowed. Why are people pickin on my avatar? :)

I really do think there is much ado about nothing. . . Further, point #1 IMO is worth noting. It seems many women have a problem with a hottie being displayed as a man's avatar. NOT ALL women, mind you, but many do. . .

Frankly speaking, if the board tolerates racism, insults (and those are certainly not PG rated), and negative rep points, then I really don't see a reason why the Tsingtao beer girl should not be allowed.

I would like the site owner's opinion on this too please, if that is alright. I would like to discuss this with him before taking any action on this. . .

Rahul
06-26-2007, 11:22 PM
Would you let your boss see it when you are at work?
If the avatars continue to get out of hand I'll probably have to stop coming to the board all together.

Thanks, Kathianne. It seems like a reasonable compromise, doesn't it?

Not to me it doesn't. A reasonable compromise would be to disable avatars altogther in your CP, so those who don't like the Tsingtao girl don't need to see her. Simple.

:beer:

No, but I know a lot of men that do.

Rahul
06-26-2007, 11:23 PM
Ditto for the filthy words that some posters use while flaming others?

Sometimes they even bold these posts full of filth and increase the font size too. I mean, if your coworkers or children can read then it seems that those wouldn't be too child- and work-safe. ;)

Then again, I suppose you could always put the offending user(s) on ignore. Wait! Maybe you could do that for those with avatars you find offensive as well. :poke:

Great post. :beer:

Rahul
06-26-2007, 11:24 PM
Last, but NOT least, I'd like for someone,anyone, to explain to me how my avatar is perverted. Thanks a lot, folks!

:beer: Rahul

LiberalNation
06-26-2007, 11:31 PM
I like rahul's avatar, it's hot.

Rahul
06-26-2007, 11:43 PM
I like rahul's avatar, it's hot.

We (and many others) agree. :beer:

I'd really like for Ms Abbey to address the issues I brought up though.

manu1959
06-26-2007, 11:57 PM
Well, I've read through this whole thread. A few observations, which I've brought up in PM to a certain moderator too -

1. It seems to be mostly the ladies who find this avatar objectionable, and not because it violates any sense of decency, I suspect. As several posters have noted, there is not any nudity on the avatar. One moderator also noted that the avatar is PG-13, not R.

2. If this is objectionable, what about the numerous insults flying around on the board? The steel cage threads? Are those acceptable? IF so, why not my avatar? (Some other members have brought this up too)

3. Obscene smileys are allowed. Why are people pickin on my avatar? :)

I really do think there is much ado about nothing. . . Further, point #1 IMO is worth noting. It seems many women have a problem with a hottie being displayed as a man's avatar. NOT ALL women, mind you, but many do. . .

Frankly speaking, if the board tolerates racism, insults (and those are certainly not PG rated), and negative rep points, then I really don't see a reason why the Tsingtao beer girl should not be allowed.

I would like the site owner's opinion on this too please, if that is alright. I would like to discuss this with him before taking any action on this. . .

your avatar is objectionable to some...

justifying objectionable behaviour with objectionable behaviour is infantile

you sure are demanding....funny you can't handle demanding behaviour by others.....

love this line.... "before taking any action on this. . ."ooooooooooooooooooo

Rahul
06-26-2007, 11:59 PM
your avatar is objectionable to some...

I find statements made by some others to objectionable to me.

justifying objectionable behaviour with objectionable behaviour is infantile

Sorry, but racism is far less acceptable than a beer girl. . .

you sure are demanding....

That's interesting, considering I did not even bring this up. :)

funny you can't handle demanding behaviour by others.....

They can't handle demanding behavior by me, can they?

love this line.... "before taking any action on this. . ."ooooooooooooooooooo

Hey, I'm glad you like it! :)

Unless it can be proven I have broken some rules on here, the avatar stays. Unless of course Abbey decides to exercise her right to ban me and ban me on the basis of not breaking a forum rule. Because, I sure as hell will not remove an avatar just because a couple of other people don't like it, and especially not if no board rules have been broken.

Abbey Marie
06-27-2007, 12:04 AM
Thread locked.

Btw, discussing mod actions is a bannable offense.

manu1959
06-27-2007, 12:05 AM
I find statements made by some others to objectionable to me.

Sorry, but racism is far less acceptable than a beer girl. . .

That's interesting, considering I did not even bring this up. :)

They can't handle demanding behavior by me, can they?

Hey, I'm glad you like it! :)

Unless it can be proven I have broken some rules on here, the avatar stays. Unless of course Abbey decides to exercise her right to ban me and ban me on the basis of not breaking a forum rule. Because, I sure as hell will not remove an avatar just because a couple of other people don't like it, and especially not if no board rules have been broken.

in order....

tough......
for you...
all your posts are demanding something of someone
legend in your own mind
you are a guest.....jim's house jim's rules

darin
06-27-2007, 11:25 AM
Unless of course Abbey decides to exercise her right to ban me and ban me on the basis of not breaking a forum rule. Because, I sure as hell will not remove an avatar just because a couple of other people don't like it, and especially not if no board rules have been broken.

Look friend - you really need to check yourself. Abbey asked you PRIVATELY to change it because she was bothered by it. Now, you're dragging her into the dirt and implying she'd arbitrarily ban you for your refusal? Knock that shit off. Seriously.