PDA

View Full Version : `GLOBAL WARMING ALERT: ......Blizzard to dump over 2 feet of snow on NYC`

LongTermGuy
01-25-2015, 08:23 PM
Quote:

<tbody>
A massive blizzard touted as possibly the biggest in New York City history – will blanket the Big Apple Monday and Tuesday with at least 24 inches of snow, authorities said.

“Change your plans, change your behavior, change your approach starting right now,” Mayor de Blasio urged Sunday. “This is an unprecedented storm. We have to prepare that way.”

</tbody>

http://nypost.com/2015/01/25/up-to-a...ext-big-storm/ (http://nypost.com/2015/01/25/up-to-a-foot-of-snow-in-nyc-feared-in-next-big-storm/)

Bilgerat
01-25-2015, 08:36 PM
http://youtu.be/OD0jeBhCjz0

gabosaurus
01-25-2015, 09:40 PM
"Global warming" is the temperature of the earth, not the atmosphere. Just in case some (or most) of you are not intelligent enough to know better.

Up to three feet of snow. Accompanied by high winds. Could be the biggest blizzard the northeast has ever seen.
It should be entertaining television. :cool:

Kathianne
01-25-2015, 11:05 PM
Sissies! LOL! Ok, 36 inches would be a lot, but they were freaking at 6-12".

Jeff
01-28-2015, 07:22 PM
"Global warming" is the temperature of the earth, not the atmosphere. Just in case some (or most) of you are not intelligent enough to know better.

Up to three feet of snow. Accompanied by high winds. Could be the biggest blizzard the northeast has ever seen.
It should be entertaining television. :cool:

Call it what you want but we where warned how glaziers would be melting and I have shown facts where they have actually gotten bigger.

aboutime
01-28-2015, 10:30 PM
I suspect, most of us here on DP are old enough to remember 10, 20, or possibly 30 years ago when.....

Oddly enough. We experienced the very same kind of weather across this nation...just about EVERY Winter.

The only differences today are. We now have 24/7 Weather channels, and Cable News networks that REPORT everything that takes place in the nation...FASTER than they did 10, 20, or 30 years ago.

Anyone who is surprised at this, and is screaming AL GORISHLY....GLOBAL WARMING...needs their Empty head examined for vacancies, and lack of memory.

gabosaurus
01-28-2015, 10:46 PM
Read it again. "Temperature of the Earth."

One thing that has always confused me is why so many conservatives are opposed to the concept of global warming. I am guessing it has more to do with politics than science.

LongTermGuy
01-28-2015, 10:58 PM
`Only leftist (Liberals) make the garbage of global warming about Politics....its a daily beat with them...everywhere one looks they see the global warming articles pushed daily ...on and on...`
`
"Basically, it’s an open ended opportunity to soak the rich, extort “big business,” or anybody who can be legally coerced into “joining” their cause."......It’s 1 degree warmer this year versus last?Raise taxes!"It’s 1 degree cooler this year than last?Keep the taxes it’s working!Because Liberals are so obsessed with trying to give their lives meaning by going against whatever existing power structures are in their lives, and because they never need to show they’re making any progress, they can continue to delude themselves that’s they’re actually doing something."...Unfortunately for the rest of us like passengers on a plane with a screaming baby, we have to deal with the painful consequences.:

http://capitolcommentary.com/2011/05/11/why-liberals-love-the-global-warming-cause/

Jeff
01-29-2015, 07:01 AM

One thing that has always confused me is why so many conservatives are opposed to the concept of global warming. I am guessing it has more to do with politics than science.

I believe most read it right the first time Gabby, it is you that have mis-understood. Gore told us a million different things global warming was, the latest is his dam toaster quit working, dam global warming.

jimnyc
01-29-2015, 09:27 AM

Why do SO MANY liberals, and not just regular people - scientists too - claim that hurricanes, snow storms, hot summers - why do they claim they are a result of global warming? Are those things the temp of the earth? And if they can claim these things are caused by global warming, why can't the everyday layman do so? Of course we all know it's bullshit - but I think your corrections need to go towards the liberal knuckleheads making these ridiculous claims.

Just a quick example:

Is Global Warming Linked to Severe Weather?

As Earth warms, powerful storms are becoming the new normal

These cumulonimbus masses are a reminder of the destructive floods that are occurring around the globe, which, taken together, are potent signals of one of the greatest environmental challenges of our time: global warming.

Powerful rain and snow storms—and, ironically, intense drought periods—are a well-known consequence of a warmer planet.

http://www.ucsusa.org/global_warming/science_and_impacts/impacts/global-warming-rain-snow-tornadoes.html#.VMpCsi74Z8E

Bilgerat
01-29-2015, 10:15 AM
http://www.westernjournalism.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/01/Settled-Science-600-LA.jpg

Thunderknuckles
01-29-2015, 12:50 PM

I'm not opposed to it. The climate changes and I'm sure we humans, in some small measure, have had an effect.
What I am opposed to are the anthropogenic alarmists driving policy in this country.

aboutime
01-29-2015, 02:37 PM

Gabby. You can insist the "Temperature of the Earth" is increasing as much as you want. Nobody can disagree with that if you happen to visit Hawaii, and the active flow of Volcanic materials that would make ANYONE sweat.

The Surface temperature of the Earth is solely attributable to the number of hours the SUN shines every day, everywhere around the World. After all...as Self-proclaimed Smart people...like yourself like to brag...The SUN is what allows all of us TERRIBLE HUMAN BEINGS to exist in the first place.
But, then again. There are DERANGED members of this Human Race who are Unhappy, Angry, Insulted, and Offended with EVERYTHING...just like You.