PDA

View Full Version : Serious questions about Saudi Arabia

gabosaurus
01-30-2015, 06:27 PM
I always had serious issues with GW Bush sucking off the Saudi royal family while he was in office. I took similar offense when Obama traveled to Saudi Arabia to mourn the recent death of their lead terrorist, er, king.

Saudi Arabia is home to some of the Muslim world's most hardcore extremist factions. The Saudis openly fund terrorism. They partially funded the 9-11 attacks. Their record on human rights is worse than Iran or Syria.
So why do we do business with them? Any money we give to the Saudis can easily go to terrorists? Why don't we sanction them in the same way we do other terrorist governments?

revelarts
02-03-2015, 01:50 PM
Been talked about before, the GENERAL ideas that came back to me when i asked a similar question is.
(bolded and underlined so no one would assume i'm making direct quotes).

1. Oil
2. Saudis are REALLY bad but we're stuck... because Oil.
3. it's not like that now... sorta... where's your proof? plus general hair splitting and denials.
4. You're leftist to attack the Saudi! means your SOFT on terror.
5. We'd make it worse for ourselves, soooo just kill all the other muslims..terrorist
6. don't worry about funding, just kill those who LOOK like they want to kill us ...onedaymaybe and are planning too. Before they kill us all muslims are evil do you get it!!
7. Obama bowed to Muslims, that's worse than Kissing them and doing private business with them for decades like the Bushes do.

I even posted info about them likely having a hand in 9/11 and that didn't even bring a rise to the level of hot bolded ANYTHING GOES revenge that it usually is suppose to automatically justify.

It seems cooler heads CAN prevail and OTHER alternative can be considered, if we really want to live in peace with SOME muslims.
Though I think we should have MUCH harpers stance on the SAUDS and demand some accounting, spy on their funds, expose it world wide, and ensure a domestic source of oil and bankrupt the Saudi kingdom and turn them all back into a poor desert nations.

No funding no terror, but local.

Trigg
02-04-2015, 01:29 PM
I always had serious issues with GW Bush sucking off the Saudi royal family while he was in office. I took similar offense when Obama traveled to Saudi Arabia to mourn the recent death of their lead terrorist, er, king.

Saudi Arabia is home to some of the Muslim world's most hardcore extremist factions. The Saudis openly fund terrorism. They partially funded the 9-11 attacks. Their record on human rights is worse than Iran or Syria.
So why do we do business with them? Any money we give to the Saudis can easily go to terrorists? Why don't we sanction them in the same way we do other terrorist governments?

Our politicians kiss their ass because they own millions of dollars in real estate in this country, not to mention the investments made in our technology and media companies.

If you even want to know why our government does something, just follow the money.