PDA

View Full Version : Maybe I Won't Hang Up On The Next Telemarketer

Kathianne
01-30-2015, 11:21 PM
well yeah.

http://democratherald.com/albany/las-vegas-company-s-sales-call-saves-local-woman-from/article_4a209225-a7ba-5037-819f-342eca20ce6f.html

January 29, 2015 4:45 pm • KYLE ODEGARD Albany Democrat-Herald (http://democratherald.com/search/?l=50&sd=desc&s=start_time&f=html&byline=KYLE%20ODEGARD%0AAlbany%20Democrat-Herald)

<aside id="asset-related" class="grid_3 right" style="display: inline; float: right !important; margin-left: 30px; margin-right: 0px; font-size: 12px; width: 220px;"></aside>A Lebanon woman being beaten and strangled by her ex-boyfriend on Wednesday was saved by a Las Vegas company that made a sales call to her, according to police logs.

After the victim’s phone picked up in her pocket for whatever reason, a worker overheard the attack and the company called local authorities.

Linn County Sheriff Bruce Riley said the woman didn’t intentionally answer her phone. “At the very least it was lucky. At the most it might have been providence,” he added.

Walter Warren Ruck, 33, of Lebanon, was charged with fourth-degree assault and strangulation on Thursday in Linn County Circuit Court. Both crimes are misdemeanors.

Judge David Delsman gave Ruck a conditional release based on his lack of criminal history. He cannot possess firearms per terms of the release.

The incident was reported at 3:10 p.m. at Ruck’s residence in the 31800 block of Eastway Street.

Mario Gonzalez, president and CEO of Americare Health, said that one of his sales associates was doing follow up with a customer and told him she had a concerning call.

“She said she heard the lady being beaten,” Gonzalez said. “I jumped on the phone. I could hear the lady screaming and getting hit over and over again, her screaming and begging for her life.”

Gonzalez had the woman’s address from previous sales, and searched online to find the number for the Lebanon Police Department...