PDA

View Full Version : `..............Patriots win....`

LongTermGuy
02-01-2015, 10:21 PM
http://cbssports.com/images/blogs/tom-brady-record-performance-1.jpg
http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-GDc5tX6JiFY/VEFXFvgyyPI/AAAAAAAAfR8/pzIatdeyqK8/s1600/the%2Bpatriots%2Bwon.jpg

http://cdnph.upi.com/sv/b/upi/UPI-5321419248060/2014/1/4aec91af8da9e0cc661361109a984652/Gisele-Bundchen-celebrates-Patriots-win-with-her-daughter-on-Instagram.jpg

Jeff
02-02-2015, 08:03 AM
http://cbssports.com/images/blogs/tom-brady-record-performance-1.jpg
http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-GDc5tX6JiFY/VEFXFvgyyPI/AAAAAAAAfR8/pzIatdeyqK8/s1600/the%2Bpatriots%2Bwon.jpg

http://cdnph.upi.com/sv/b/upi/UPI-5321419248060/2014/1/4aec91af8da9e0cc661361109a984652/Gisele-Bundchen-celebrates-Patriots-win-with-her-daughter-on-Instagram.jpg

Ok we had a thread talking about who was the better looking QB, with that woman on his side I think Brady now takes the best looking sure enough !!! :laugh:

Perianne
02-02-2015, 09:49 AM
On a side note, my daughter was reading something on the internet about this being Superbowl 49. In the comments someone responded that Obama is president # 44 and then stated...

"OMG, I just realized the Superbowl has been around longer than Presidents!!!".

hahaha

gabosaurus
02-02-2015, 01:36 PM
Didn't watch the game, but heard that the reason the Seahawks lost at the end was because Pete Carroll's balls became overinflated. :cool:

Jeff
02-02-2015, 06:42 PM
On a side note, my daughter was reading something on the internet about this being Superbowl 49. In the comments someone responded that Obama is president # 44 and then stated...

"OMG, I just realized the Superbowl has been around longer than Presidents!!!".

hahaha

Any chance she is a blond ? :laugh:

Didn't watch the game, but heard that the reason the Seahawks lost at the end was because Pete Carroll's balls became overinflated. :cool:

:lol: Now that is funny :lol:

hjmick
02-02-2015, 07:32 PM
Tom Brady MVP?

My happy ass.

The MVP was Butler. No interception and the Seahawks win. Fuck Brady.

Perianne
02-02-2015, 07:42 PM
Any chance she is a blond ? :laugh:

The person who stated that in the comments did not share her hair color.

LongTermGuy
02-02-2015, 08:52 PM
Tom Brady MVP?

My happy ass.

*Overall ...it was a team thing with a few exceptions through the game...10 points behind...Brady kept his cool...focused and came from behind....Brady should donate the truck he won to the kid who made the interception...before its all over he probably will...

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-Rid16ZMZAeY/VK7AZLJ4whI/AAAAAAAAsvo/ruWRI24elr0/s1600/tom%2Bbrady%2Bcold%2Bweather.jpg

darin
02-03-2015, 05:57 AM
Congrats to NewEngland!!

jimnyc
02-03-2015, 08:47 AM
Tom Brady MVP?

My happy ass.

And now this dirtbag will be considered perhaps the best of all time, and we'll likely never know just how much they cheated. But yeah, Butler should have gotten it, or the coach for a dumb play with the effing BEAST in the backfield.

Congrats to NewEngland!!

You're a better man than me. F them, Seattle had it in the bag. I know that's "why they play the full 60" and all, but this IS really a game where you can say they won, but didn't.

And this is NE - I just can't get that "congrats" word out for them bastards!

Perianne
02-03-2015, 08:58 AM
And now this dirtbag will be considered perhaps the best of all time, and we'll likely never know just how much they cheated. But yeah, Butler should have gotten it, or the coach for a dumb play with the effing BEAST in the backfield.

You're a better man than me. F them, Seattle had it in the bag. I know that's "why they play the full 60" and all, but this IS really a game where you can say they won, but didn't.

Jim, I have come to appreciate New England Patriots. They are consistently a very good team. And Tom Brady is very good-looking. But I understand how you feel when you really dislike a team. I hate - HATE - the Eagles in football and Duke in NCAA basketball. I would rather eat my dog's vomit than to wish either of them well or congratulations.

I cannot say enough how much I hate the Eagles in particular.

jimnyc
02-03-2015, 09:46 AM
Jim, I have come to appreciate New England Patriots. They are consistently a very good team. And Tom Brady is very good-looking. But I understand how you feel when you really dislike a team. I hate - HATE - the Eagles in football and Duke in NCAA basketball. I would rather eat my dog's vomit than to wish either of them well or congratulations.

I cannot say enough how much I hate the Eagles in particular.

I appreciate that they are talented, and likely adding to the reason I can't stand them. Along with the Giants, Cowboys, Ravens, Bengals, Browns & the Niners! The only team worth watching is the Steelers! :)

I'm with you with Duke, and Louisville, Florida or anyone else that may stand in Kentucky's way! I might add they are 21-0 so far!!

Perianne
02-03-2015, 10:39 AM
I appreciate that they are talented, and likely adding to the reason I can't stand them. Along with the Giants, Cowboys, Ravens, Bengals, Browns & the Niners! The only team worth watching is the Steelers! :)

I'm with you with Duke, and Louisville, Florida or anyone else that may stand in Kentucky's way! I might add they are 21-0 so far!!

Agreed! Except the Cowboys. You and I are gonna have to have a very serious talk about that. ;)

I pity the rest of the NCAA if University of Kentucky guys ever really get it all together. They are dominant now, but could be doubly so when they really work out just how good they are.

Bilgerat
02-03-2015, 03:55 PM
*Overall ...it was a team thing with a few exceptions through the game...10 points behind...Brady kept his cool...focused and came from behind....Brady should donate the truck he won to the kid who made the interception...before its all over he probably will...

From your lips to Tom's ears :salute:

BOSTON (CBS) — Tom Brady won his fourth Lombardi Trophy and third Super Bowl MVP award Sunday night.

But he wouldn't have accomplished that without a clutch interception by undrafted rookie Malcolm Butler, who picked off Seattle quarterback Russell Wilson at the New England one-yard line with just seconds remaining in Super Bow XLIX to seal the victory for the Patriots.

“I think there are a lot of people who are very deserving of this award,” Brady said Monday morning in Arizona as he collected his latest MVP trophy.
As MVP, Brady also received a shiny new Chevy truck. While he didn't hand his MVP trophy to Butler, the quarterback is doing the next best thing: He's giving Butler the truck.

http://boston.cbslocal.com/2015/02/03/patriots-tom-brady-gives-super-bowl-mvp-truck-to-malcolm-butler/

Jeff
02-03-2015, 03:59 PM
Congrats to NewEngland!!

dmp showed he is a true sport, Our teams can't always win ( believe me as a Miami fan I know this ) but a good sport excepts the results and starts on his/her plans for the following season, and Seattle I don't believe is leaving the top of the board for a while, the coach that called a pass play when you have a tank for a running back, well he may be on the outside looking in, but that team will be back.

Bilgerat
02-03-2015, 04:04 PM
dmp showed he is a true

http://rs268.pbsrc.com/albums/jj29/corkytoenails/sailorsaluting.gif~c200

LongTermGuy
02-03-2015, 04:29 PM
From your lips to Tom's ears :salute:

BOSTON (CBS) — Tom Brady won his fourth Lombardi Trophy and third Super Bowl MVP award Sunday night.

But he wouldn't have accomplished that without a clutch interception by undrafted rookie Malcolm Butler, who picked off Seattle quarterback Russell Wilson at the New England one-yard line with just seconds remaining in Super Bow XLIX to seal the victory for the Patriots.

“I think there are a lot of people who are very deserving of this award,” Brady said Monday morning in Arizona as he collected his latest MVP trophy.
As MVP, Brady also received a shiny new Chevy truck. While he didn't hand his MVP trophy to Butler, the quarterback is doing the next best thing: He's giving Butler the truck.

http://boston.cbslocal.com/2015/02/03/patriots-tom-brady-gives-super-bowl-mvp-truck-to-malcolm-butler/

`Good to hear...Thanks Bilgerat....

Perianne
02-03-2015, 05:50 PM
dmp showed he is a true sport, Our teams can't always win ( believe me as a Miami fan I know this ) but a good sport excepts the results and starts on his/her plans for the following season, and Seattle I don't believe is leaving the top of the board for a while, the coach that called a pass play when you have a tank for a running back, well he may be on the outside looking in, but that team will be back.

Except next year it will be the Cowboys. My Cowboys.

Just one more Superbowl before I pass on to my final destination? Please? :laugh:

hjmick
02-03-2015, 06:04 PM
http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y113/hjmc3rd/Stupid%20Rob%20Lowe_zps3kb7g6oc.jpg

jimnyc
02-03-2015, 08:19 PM
I hate those Rob Lowe commercials, but that ^^ picture is hilarious! :laugh:

Bilgerat
02-05-2015, 08:54 AM
And for those of you who hate Tom Brady, you can wrap your arms around this;

Super Bowl MVP Tom Brady is facing a $60,500 bill from the IRS just for winning the game, according to a new report.

Americans for Tax Reform said he will have to pay $42,000 on his share of the $97,000 for playing in the championship, and another $18,500 for giving away the red Chevy Colorado pickup truck he won for being MVP to fellow player Malcolm Butler, who caught the game-winning interception.

They said Brady will have to pay about $13,000 in income tax on the prize, and then another $5,000 “gift tax” for doing a nice thing in giving Butler the keys.

“That's a $5,000 gift tax on top of a $13,500 income tax on the truck, for a combined federal tax hit of $18,500,” said ATR, headed by Washington tax foe Grover Norquist.

Then there’s the game check of $97,000 for winning. “Brady will face income tax at the top rate of 39.6 percent. In addition, since this is a wage, he will also owe the top Medicare tax of 3.8 percent, half of which will be picked up by the NFL.

Put those together, and Brady will pay $42,000 in federal taxes on the game,” said ATR.

The total tab: $60,500.

I now await someone to state, "but it's ok, he can afford it" :rolleyes:

jimnyc
02-05-2015, 09:08 AM
^^ Sounds to me like Brady profited from winning and is paying taxes on that profit. Had they lost, and he had not won the truck, he wouldn't be paying such high taxes. I applaud him for winning, he's an awesome QB, but I have no sympathy for NFL players that win, make extra money, and pay additional taxes as a result!

Perianne
02-05-2015, 09:33 AM
^^ Sounds to me like Brady profited from winning and is paying taxes on that profit. Had they lost, and he had not won the truck, he wouldn't be paying such high taxes. I applaud him for winning, he's an awesome QB, but I have no sympathy for NFL players that win, make extra money, and pay additional taxes as a result!

Jim, I know what you are saying. But....

I am sick of government taking money from high performers. If the government needs extra money, let them get what they are owed from Al Sharpton. Actually, no. Cut back on the waste and quit taking so much money from working citizens.

jimnyc
02-05-2015, 09:49 AM

I am sick of government taking money from high performers. If the government needs extra money, let them get what they are owed from Al Sharpton. Actually, no. Cut back on the waste and quit taking so much money from working citizens.

Agreed. That happens outside the NFL too. I used to get rather large bonuses, and they would tax it at like 50%. The harder I worked, the higher the bracket and the more I paid in taxes.

If you REALLY want to get pissed, look at the NFL as a whole. Look at what Brady was taxed, and then know that the NFL itself is tax exempt and listed as a "not for profit", even though they made like $9 billion dollars last year.

Perianne
02-05-2015, 09:55 AM
Agreed. That happens outside the NFL too. I used to get rather large bonuses, and they would tax it at like 50%. The harder I worked, the higher the bracket and the more I paid in taxes.

So, what does that tell you?

jimnyc
02-05-2015, 10:07 AM
So, what does that tell you?

That I should work under the table so the bastards can't confiscate my money? :coffee:

Bilgerat
02-05-2015, 11:29 AM

Don't forget Warren Buffet, Lauryn Hill, and many others