PDA

View Full Version : Drinking Jagermeister at 2pm

jimnyc
02-02-2015, 02:47 PM
:(

Woke up at 6am to 8 inches of snow. Started shoveling around 8 and was done with everything by 10. Got to dentist on time for a root canal. The tooth wasn't too well, so the dentist had to shave a lot, then drill into the root, clean it out - and then he fu%^$ing used some thing to literally drill underneath my gums, and even had to take some off. The reason being is that he needs something to attach the crown to, and the tooth was bad "above ground" on that side. I asked him how much it would hurt after the novacaine wears off, and he said just take some Tylenol when I get home and it shouldn't be too bad. I made it halfway home and my whole head started throbbing. It feels like someone is stabbing an ice pick into the area he just worked on, with every heartbeat. So now I drink the Jager and let it sit on that area and the pain numbs a little. Hopefully the pain will subside, or I'll be one hammered bastard later!

Oh, and it's coming down like a blizzard outside right now.

Jeff
02-02-2015, 06:50 PM
Stay warm Bro.

I love Jager, but try Blackberry Brandy preferable Leroux, it will keep you warm deaden the pain, and it is easier going down, when I lived up there almost every snow storm I had a bottle of it in my pocket and talk about fixing a cold.

Perianne
02-02-2015, 07:46 PM
I believe tooth pain is one of the worst pains. I have only had one tooth problem in my life and it hurt like crazy. I wish you well and hope things are better in the morning. Mouth wounds do heal quickly.

LongTermGuy
02-02-2015, 09:04 PM
"Dont worry...you wont feel a thing"

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_KAuqyFcVVcY/TB0o6AmLo4I/AAAAAAAAAHI/hsHqFWdQJFE/s1600/dentist.jpg

http://media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/736x/c2/8c/19/c28c19af42972d0422fd63fa521b0f78.jpg

.........................Been there a few times...get better Jim...

gabosaurus
02-02-2015, 10:08 PM
My dad was never allowed to eat a lot of sweets or other candies. He protested bitterly, because eating crap was all the rage back then. My paternal grandfather would show him his horrible teeth and state "you suffer now or you suffer later."

http://i2.wp.com/thenewportblast.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/01/Winter-Storm-Linus.png?resize=660%2C400

Jeff
02-03-2015, 07:30 AM
Talk to me James, How much snow did y'all wind up with and how are you feeling today ?

jimnyc
02-03-2015, 07:53 AM
Talk to me James, How much snow did y'all wind up with and how are you feeling today ?

I had to shovel like 8" or so in the morning. Then while drinking the Jager yesterday I had to shovel about another 3-4" and lay down a ton of salt, as it went down to like 5 degrees overnight. The pain was hell until the alcohol numbed it, and slowly numbed my head until it gave me a headache. Took 3 advil and slept and woke up fine. Then took a sip of hot coffee. The 'ol gum line that was cut apparently doesn't like hot liquids!

Kathianne
02-03-2015, 07:57 AM
I had to shovel like 8" or so in the morning. Then while drinking the Jager yesterday I had to shovel about another 3-4" and lay down a ton of salt, as it went down to like 5 degrees overnight. The pain was hell until the alcohol numbed it, and slowly numbed my head until it gave me a headache. Took 3 advil and slept and woke up fine. Then took a sip of hot coffee. The 'ol gum line that was cut apparently doesn't like hot liquids!

Might be an 'old wives tale' but gargling with hot salted water always has help me with sore throat and dental issues.

Hope you feel better Jim.

Just to make you feel better, the friends and family are dealing with over 19" of the white stuff, all happy they were off work yesterday. LOL! Me? I'm basking in the 60's. ;)

Jeff
02-03-2015, 08:09 AM

Dam Jim hate to hear it, time to head south, I bought a new toy we could use at the range so come on down where it is semi warm, tomorrow 80 for the high, today is a bit colder, 51 :laugh: but we are getting cold at night, last night it got to like 22.

Fell better Jim.

Kathianne
02-03-2015, 08:19 AM
Dam Jim hate to hear it, time to head south, I bought a new toy we could use at the range so come on down where it is semi warm, tomorrow 80 for the high, today is a bit colder, 51 :laugh: but we are getting cold at night, last night it got to like 22.

Fell better Jim.

Me too Jeff. Next week in high 60's, low 70's. Might find time for hot tub!

jimnyc
02-03-2015, 08:39 AM
Might be an 'old wives tale' but gargling with hot salted water always has help me with sore throat and dental issues.

Hope you feel better Jim.

Just to make you feel better, the friends and family are dealing with over 19" of the white stuff, all happy they were off work yesterday. LOL! Me? I'm basking in the 60's. ;)

I did that too! Supposedly it's good for keeping it clean as well, and gets rid of smaller debris that may cause irritation.

Fell better Jim.

Hopefully be coming again this summer! And range? I'm a lazy bastard, I'm just opening your back door!! :)

Me too Jeff. Next week in high 60's, low 70's. Might find time for hot tub!

Forgot to mention, thought of you at beginning of SB, as they panned the outlaying area and mentioned Sedona!!

It's a blistering 12 degrees here right now!!

Jeff
02-03-2015, 08:45 AM
Hopefully be coming again this summer! And range? I'm a lazy bastard, I'm just opening your back door!! :)

I have made a small range just outside the door, it is fine for hand guns but not quite big enough to be playing with rifles.

jimnyc
02-03-2015, 08:51 AM
I have made a small range just outside the door, it is fine for hand guns but not quite big enough to be playing with rifles.

I don't play with your long guns anymore, still have a headache from shooting the shotgun at your old pad in Orangeburg. I think it was a 30-06? Effing thing had such a kickback that it almost tossed me through your house!!

Jeff
02-03-2015, 04:39 PM
I don't play with your long guns anymore, still have a headache from shooting the shotgun at your old pad in Orangeburg. I think it was a 30-06? Effing thing had such a kickback that it almost tossed me through your house!!

Did you shoot that 300 Mag when you where down last time ? We where talking about that just the other day, man that thing kicked like a mule.