PDA

View Full Version : Terminally ill boy sends friend on his Make-A-Wish trip

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
02-02-2015, 07:19 PM
http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/terminally-ill-boy-sends-friend-on-his-make-a-wish-trip/ar-AA8Umeg?ocid=iehp

Terminally ill boy sends friend on his Make-A-Wish trip

New York Daily News

An Indiana boy who was too sick to take advantage of his Make-A-Wish trip gave his closest friend the vacation of a lifetime.

Six-year-old Levi Mayhew, who is from Martinsville, has a rare genetic disorder that falls on the Zellweger spectrum and can no longer walk or talk.

The Make-A-Wish Foundation contacted Levi’s family about his dream to go to Florida last year, but his mother Rebecca Drake knew it would be impossible for her son to travel.

“We didn't know what to do for a long time,” she told the Daily News. “I didn't even have a wheelchair for Levi yet.”

That’s where Emma Broyer comes in. The 10-year-old is one of Levi’s biggest fans and has been doing everything she can to help him, from writing encouraging notes to selling little bags of candy.

Drake suggested that they send Emma and her family to Orlando instead. She brought up the idea with Levi and got a clear response.

“He locked eyes with me, which he doesn't typically do much anymore,” she said.

The whole situation came together with the Make-A-Wish Foundation’s blessing.

But Levi wasn’t forgotten. Emma traveled to Disney World and took a trip to the beach in mid-December with a laminated cutout dubbed “Flat Levi” in tow.

She took pictures with the 2D figure everywhere she went and surprised Levi and his family with a scrapbook full of photos when she returned.

“It really melted my heart that they found a way to include Levi even though he wasn't able to go,” Drake said.

Flat Levi is currently on display at the family house, but Drake said his adventures are far from over.

“My daughter is going to take Flat Levi to high school,” she said, adding that the cutout might even make a cameo in the school’s production of “Peter Pan.”

Sad and inspiring too! Thinking of others when in such a dire situation.. Outstanding!!!
May God bless all concerned ..--Tyr