PDA

View Full Version : "HE’S GOT A GUN!” Florida Man Tackles Concealed Carrier, Is Arrested for Battery

revelarts
02-03-2015, 01:11 PM
Vigilante arrested for tackling licensed gunowner in Florida Wal-Mart

"HE’S GOT A GUN!” Florida Man Tackles Concealed Carrier, Is Arrested for Battery

Michael Foster was charged with battery for attacking another customer, Clarence Daniels, at Walmart, 11110 Causeway Blvd, Brandon.
Just before noon Tuesday, Foster, 43, of Lithia, saw Daniels in the Walmart parking lot in possession of a handgun that was in a holster and under his coat, the sheriff’s office said.

Foster followed Daniels in the parking lot and into the store. While in the store, Foster attacked Daniels, 62, of Seffner, the sheriff’s office said.

Foster grabbed Daniels from behind in a choke hold and then took him to the ground, the sheriff’s office said.

While both men struggled, Foster yelled that Daniels had a gun. Daniels also yelled that he had a permit to legally carry the gun, the sheriff’s office said.

This may come as a shock to rabid anti-gun liberals and would-be dysfunctional super heroes, but owning and carrying a concealed firearm is perfectly legal in all 50 states (to varying degrees).
I would love for people who support gun control and who think concealed carriers are violent to take a long, hard look at this story.
After arriving at his destination, Mr. Daniels slipped a holstered handgun into his pants, which is perfectly legal.
Foster saw this, and then jumped to conclusions based upon incomplete data (and apparently, a complete ignorance of the law). Foster then tackled Daniels from behind and attempted to control him some sort of incompetent chokehold.
At this moment, Clarence Daniels had every legal right to draw his gun and shoot Michael Foster. He made the conscious decision not to take Foster’s life.
Despite behind unexpectedly attacked, Mr. Daniels kept his composure, grasped that while Foster was attacking him from behind, he wasn’t attempting to kill him, and Daniels refrained from drawing his weapon and filling Foster’s entrails full of hot lead.
This interaction rather neatly makes a number of points:

Supporters of gun control are fear-filled and ignorant of the law.
Some supporters of gun control are not only ignorant of the law, but fearful and violent.
Most concealed carriers are extremely reluctant to use their firearms, even when they have a legal right to do so.

Once again, the “rivers of blood” that were promised by hysterical gun control cultists when Florida became the model for the modern concealed carry movement 28 years ago simply never came to pass. Lawful citizens are lawful citizens, and firearms are not talismans that turn lawful concealed carriers into raving sociopaths.
They do, however, apparently drive supporters of gun control completely insane.

Perhaps we should outlaw gun control groups… for the children.

http://bearingarms.com/hes-got-gun-florida-man-tackles-concealed-carrier-arrested-battery/

gabosaurus
02-03-2015, 02:41 PM
http://youtu.be/xG3yGdQYwqg

sundaydriver
02-03-2015, 03:01 PM
It's Florida and everybody should be legally packing. OMG, a black guy with a gun, get em!

NightTrain
02-03-2015, 03:30 PM
The dumbass is lucky he didn't get shot.

If some guy grabs you from behind and starts choking you out, you are well within your rights to blow his ass away.

Jeff
02-03-2015, 03:42 PM
As a gun carry permit holder the guy should know the rules in Florida, The rule states that the gun can not even be traceable, so if you have a gun on your side and someone can tell it is a gun and they call the police you will be arrested for a misdemeanor charge. As for jumping on the guy that is assault and Battery no matter how you look at it. The guy carrying should of had his gun on before he left his home as not to bring attention to himself.

Here in GA I can open carry, which I don't unless I am working security in a area ( at a bike event usually ) that I want people to see I am carrying. I personally think for me to run around with a gun on my side for all to see is just trying to be cool for lack of better words, I carry inside my vest and no one knows it is even there. See if a robbery breaks out in a store I am in the police don't want me to try and be a hero, they would rather I get a good description and a license plate number for them, having a carry permit doesn't make you a police officer and that gun should only come out when you have no other choice. IMO both are wrong here.

NightTrain
02-03-2015, 05:11 PM
The rule states that the gun can not even be traceable.

Do you mean 'visible'?

If so, then that is a very stupid law. If you have a shoulder holster and bend over to pick something up, a person at the right angle can see under your jacket (this move is perfected by 12 year old boys everywhere), so it's not like he's brandishing it publicly or even intending for it to be seen... besides, if you have open carry, then what's the difference?

The story says he had it in a holster and put it in his pants pocket out in the parking lot.

'Florida Man' needs a good ass kicking for his incredible stupidity.

gabosaurus
02-03-2015, 09:22 PM
If some guy grabs you from behind and starts choking you out, you are well within your rights to blow his ass away.

Absolutely! The dead guy gets charged with assault and you get charged with manslaughter.

Jeff
02-04-2015, 08:38 AM
Do you mean 'visible'?

If so, then that is a very stupid law. If you have a shoulder holster and bend over to pick something up, a person at the right angle can see under your jacket (this move is perfected by 12 year old boys everywhere), so it's not like he's brandishing it publicly or even intending for it to be seen... besides, if you have open carry, then what's the difference?

The story says he had it in a holster and put it in his pants pocket out in the parking lot.

'Florida Man' needs a good ass kicking for his incredible stupidity.

Last time I went to Florida ( a couple of years ago ) my dad had sent me a list of laws he got when he received his carry permit in Florida and it said if when someone looks at you they can tell you have a gun that is illegal ( not in those words but that is basically what the law said ) I looked it up and the best I can find now is if your gun is accidentally seen by another that is ok, you just can't show it in anger ( which makes sense to me ) so as far as the law of a couple of years ago about it just being able to be traceable from outside your clothing must of changed. There was a case that a guy in Walmart was arrested because while reaching to the top shelf his gun was visible and a off duty officer arrested him. The laws down there are screwy at best.

Jeff
02-04-2015, 08:41 AM
Absolutely! The dead guy gets charged with assault and you get charged with manslaughter.

Not necessarily , Florida has that law ( Stand Your Ground )that says you are allowed to protect yourself, Zimmerman got away with it, now they may have changed the law I am not sure. But if someone attacks you and you are in fear of your life in most states that is called self defense.

jimnyc
02-04-2015, 09:14 AM

Not true in the slightest bit even. And nevermind just Florida - if someone assaults you over a gun, and tries to choke you out, you have a RIGHT to self defense in every state. If your life is threatened, you can use force. This is NOT even stand your ground, as there was no ground to stay at or leave - this was a blind sided attack and no opportunity to "stand your ground".

The dead guy gets no charges - he is dead. The gun owner walks as he rightfully defended his life from an unknown attacker.

revelarts
05-02-2015, 08:45 PM
update
Shopper guilty in tackling of man with gun at Walmart
Shopper guilty in tackling of man with gun at Walmart (http://www.wtsp.com/story/news/local/2015/04/23/shopper-guilty-in-tacking-of-gunman-at-walmart/26269309/)

He was found guilty of Battery, sentencing scheduled for May 7.

NightTrain
05-03-2015, 09:21 AM
I didn't know there was an Islamic element to this story :

A black man in Florida who was attacked while carrying a legally concealed firearm into a Wal-Mart will be represented by a Muslim civil rights group that sees the incident as racially motivated.

The group, the Council on American-Islamic Relations Florida (CAIR Florida), representing the shopper, 62-year-old Clarence Daniels, did not rule out the possibility that Wal-Mart could be named a defendant in a future lawsuit.

“We are shocked by this racially-motivated, unprovoked attack on a law-abiding citizen,” said Thania Diaz Clevenger, Civil Rights Director for CAIR Florida, in a statement.

According to CAIR Florida’s statement, Daniels was referred to the organization by the NAACP.

http://dailycaller.com/2015/02/10/muslim-civil-rights-group-to-represent-black-man-attacked-while-legally-carrying-gun-into-wal-mart/

I think it's interesting that NAACP passed on this and referred Daniels to CAIR. The follow-up lawsuit against Walmart would be a cash cow. Is NAACP firmly against the 2nd Amendment?

NRA would have been the proper resource to use... I'm baffled at his first choice of NAACP and then CAIR, of all groups.

LongTermGuy
05-03-2015, 09:28 AM
I didn't know there was an Islamic element to this story :

http://dailycaller.com/2015/02/10/muslim-civil-rights-group-to-represent-black-man-attacked-while-legally-carrying-gun-into-wal-mart/

I think it's interesting that NAACP passed on this and referred Daniels to CAIR. The follow-up lawsuit against Walmart would be a cash cow. Is NAACP firmly against the 2nd Amendment?

NRA would have been the proper resource to use... I'm baffled at his first choice of NAACP and then CAIR, of all groups.

~ "NAACP firmly against the 2nd Amendment?" ~

2nd Amendment affects thugs "trying to make a living"

Voted4Reagan
05-03-2015, 10:46 AM

actually... no... a choke-hold is deadly physical force.

Florida law protects a legal carrier such as this gentleman with "STAND YOUR GROUND" laws.

did you forget Trayvon Martin? He attacked a legal gun owner....

and he ended up dead...

This guy was lucky

revelarts
05-03-2015, 04:29 PM
Historically the NAACP has been back and forth on the gun issue and at this point it depends on the area chapter. But NAACP national leans toward major gun control regs. However in the early days the NAACP was pro gun ownership and 2nd amendment. And even As MLK promoted non-violence even he kept a LRAGE number of firearms "for self defense". A large faction of the early civil rights movement was initially made up of Black WW2 and Korean war veterans who promoted the ownership and use of weapons for self defense in general and against the various racial attacks. This thread of African American mindset has not disappeared. the original Black Panthers of California in the 60's (that didn't attack whites BTW but were concerned about self defense and progress in the black community) decided to exercise their rights in California of gun ownership and OPEN CARRY as part of their routine. this frightened the majority in the CA area so ANTI GUN laws were past in response to the scary black people exercising their 2nd amendment rights. "As governor of California, Ronald Reagan signed the Mulford Act into law in 1967. Written by Republican Assemblyman Don Mulford, the legislation was the most sweeping state edict in all the country, prohibiting the more or less free carrying of firearms in public...". source (http://blog.independent.org/2013/09/18/the-panthers-were-right-and-reagan-was-wrong-on-gun-control/)
"Back in 1967, for instance, the NRA supported the Mulford Act, which banned open carrying ofloaded firearms in California." reason magazine (http://reason.com/blog/2014/06/17/when-the-nra-opposed-open-carry)

that is if you really want to talk about blacks and guns and who promotes anti-gun regulations with any historical or rational insite that is.
but if you just want to make a buch of lame racist archie bunkerish jokes all over the board everyday then well hey, seems the way the boards gone.

But ALL of our rights (blacks whites muslims etc) are lost little by little.
But people somehow feel justified dismissing the constitution for faux "safety" against the scary ..fill in the blanks...
1st they came for the blacks rights, but i was afraid of them and didn't like them anyway.
Then they came for muslims rights, but they were crazy and going to kill us all so we had to compromise for safety.
and I thought they'd never come for "us" we're white sorta Christian and polite even.

People really should figure out what we all have in common and how to help each other, especially if we call ourselves christians.
And even if you don't claim to be christian just a "good american" the rights you think appropriate to take from others you do in fact lose yourself.
It's a point that seem not to penetrate some people's thinking but i will continue to make it.
In the extreme the Benjamin Franklin quote applies.
We must, indeed, all hang together or, most assuredly, we shall all hang separately.

Gunny
05-03-2015, 04:58 PM
Vigilante arrested for tackling licensed gunowner in Florida Wal-Mart

"HE’S GOT A GUN!” Florida Man Tackles Concealed Carrier, Is Arrested for Battery

http://bearingarms.com/hes-got-gun-florida-man-tackles-concealed-carrier-arrested-battery/

Good. Idiot.

Gunny
05-03-2015, 04:59 PM
Stooping to necro-ing threads, rev?

revelarts
05-03-2015, 06:03 PM
Good. Idiot.
God bless you Gunny

jimnyc
05-03-2015, 06:21 PM
Stooping to necro-ing threads, rev?

I think the only reason it was necro'd was because the choker was just recently found guilty. And hopefully he'll get a stint behind bars and maybe choked from behind by Bubba.

darin
05-04-2015, 05:47 AM
What's that shit about suing WALMART?Eh?? Idiots all-around.

"traceable" means imprinting - if my concealed weapon imprints against my clothes so others can reasonably tell it's a gun, it's no longer concealed, thus a crime.

Jeff
05-04-2015, 06:42 AM

"traceable" means imprinting - if my concealed weapon imprints against my clothes so others can reasonably tell it's a gun, it's no longer concealed, thus a crime.

Thank you dmp, and that is exactly what the law stated the last time I went down to see my Dad ( that is the reason I bought that Ruger 380, that hurts like hell to shoot ) yup I sold that the day I got home. But when I looked up the laws now to help explain to NT I couldn't find it, I wonder if the law has changed.

Gunny
05-04-2015, 08:09 AM

That's BS. Not your statement. The issue. I can tell easily if someone is carrying. Does this mean I get to squeal every time I do?

NightTrain
05-04-2015, 08:41 AM
that is if you really want to talk about blacks and guns and who promotes anti-gun regulations with any historical or rational insite that is.
but if you just want to make a buch of lame racist archie bunkerish jokes all over the board everyday then well hey, seems the way the boards gone.

But ALL of our rights (blacks whites muslims etc) are lost little by little.
But people somehow feel justified dismissing the constitution for faux "safety" against the scary ..fill in the blanks...
1st they came for the blacks rights, but i was afraid of them and didn't like them anyway.
Then they came for muslims rights, but they were crazy and going to kill us all so we had to compromise for safety.
and I thought they'd never come for "us" we're white sorta Christian and polite even.

People really should figure out what we all have in common and how to help each other, especially if we call ourselves christians.
And even if you don't claim to be christian just a "good american" the rights you think appropriate to take from others you do in fact lose yourself.
It's a point that seem not to penetrate some people's thinking but i will continue to make it.
In the extreme the Benjamin Franklin quote applies.
We must, indeed, all hang together or, most assuredly, we shall all hang separately.

Everyone in this thread has said that the black guy was clearly in the right, Rev. The idiot white guy that attacked him was wrong.

NightTrain
05-04-2015, 08:44 AM

I have no idea how anyone can say Walmart was at fault here, but I'm sure that there's an army of lawyers trying to figure out a way.

Gunny
05-04-2015, 08:58 AM
I have no idea how anyone can say Walmart was at fault here, but I'm sure that there's an army of lawyers trying to figure out a way.

It's all us redneck Floridians' faults. Hell, if we didn't let people have guns ......

revelarts
05-04-2015, 10:02 AM
Everyone in this thread has said that the black guy was clearly in the right, Rev. The idiot white guy that attacked him was wrong.
Yep i know NT,
I was specifically replying to this gem below... and the thanks it got

~ "NAACP firmly against the 2nd Amendment?" ~ 2nd Amendment affects thugs "trying to make a living"...
not to other post.

red state
05-04-2015, 01:36 PM
Only in today's AMERICA must an AMERICAN conceal their religion or freedoms (unless one is a homosexual, a pedophile or liberal). These groups are either PROUD of who and what they are or required by law to shout from the mountain tops what they've done.

Stupid, unJUST laws are meant to be ignored (in my humble opinion).....especially if they trump REAL laws such as the CONSTITUTION.

Didn't have time to look into the details of what others have brought up within this thread but from the basics and opening story, I stand by what I've commented on.

SIDE NOTE:

I remember when Mississippi had (or may still have) a law to help Game & Fish combat poachers hunting from the road (supposedly). In that law, you could not have a loaded gun of any type on the grounds that you may "possibly" be a poacher (especially if you were to turn around in the road AND ESPECIALLY AT NIGHT). Even if you had no gun but had a round or spent casing, you may be in deep water. Heck, you could/can even be in some form of trouble if you've never had a gun or any trace of a gun or ammo YET "POSSIBLY" disturbed or harassed the wildlife. A bit off topic but just another example of how stupid our lawmakers and so-called leaders become......even in a Conservative State. I don't necessarily see it as "stupid" but more so as EVIL and with hidden agendas.