PDA

View Full Version : If the Senate amnesty bill gets amended, does that make it acceptable?

Little-Acorn
06-26-2007, 02:58 PM
People are trying to get more votes for the Senate amnesty bill by offering amendments to it. Increase the fines, build more fence, build less fence, increase the Border Patrol, etc.

Can any bill that still offers amnesty to 15 million illegals, be acceptable, no matter how much it was amended otherwise?

Reminds me of a cartoon I saw way back, when electronic calculators were first becoming popular (yes, I was around then). Manufacturers were adding memory keys, square roots, transendentals, etc., and cutting back on other things to try to keep the prices competitive. The balance of good things and bad things got interesting at times.

The cartoon showed a salesman displaying the latest calculator, and sayin to the customer, "It's got a 10-digit display, sine and cosine functions, rechargeable batteries, extra memories, and a host of other features that more than make up for the fact that it's missing the digit 9."

If the Senate bill lets the illegals who have broken into this country, stay, it is amnesty, and that is UNACCEPTABLE regardless of what else it does.

06-27-2007, 01:57 AM
only if they amend it out of existance.

nevadamedic
06-27-2007, 04:29 AM
only if they amend it out of existance.

Or make like the bill I think it was Oaklahoma just passed.

Pale Rider
06-27-2007, 08:42 AM
Can any bill that still offers amnesty to 15 million illegals, be acceptable, no matter how much it was amended otherwise?

No. Amnesty is not the solution, no matter what they included/exclude with it. If this bill passes, it will be the biggest, single blow America has ever suffered, to it's sovereignty, as well as it's economy. America will NEVER recover.