PDA

View Full Version : Border Patrol agents say gun sharing puts lives at risk

Jeff
02-04-2015, 07:19 AM
I was at a gun show this weekend and can guarantee there is no shortage of gun of any kind in the United States, well I say of any kind , I am sure someone can pick that apart but there is no reason for these folks not to have a weapon of their own. Sighting in and knowing your weapon is very important. I bought a new gun this weekend and have shot it quite a bit to get the feel of it, this gun is my carry gun so I want to know every inch of it , how it reacts when fired, Hopefully I will never shoot anything but a paper target with it but if I ever have to pull it out in self defense I want to know it. These guys can and do run into situations that there gun may save their life, so hell yes they ought to have their own. We also have to remember the Millions of rounds of ammo the Government bought, but yet the Border Patrol doesn't have enough weapons.

Guns are in such short supply at the Border Patrol that one agent told FoxNews.com 400 agents share just 100 rifles at his station.
The lack of weapons is more than just a nuisance, according to law enforcement authorities, who say each agent should be able to calibrate his or her gun to individual preferences, a process they call "zeroing."
“We are left to check out rifles that were unzeroed to us," a border patrol agent told FoxNews.com. "This practice needs to be outlawed, as it could cost someone their life."

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2015/02/03/border-patrol-agents-say-gun-sharing-puts-lives-at-risk/?intcmp=latestnews